• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just add the golden belly and the larger krown to the PAON look and he's perfect for me. Looking at how Sakurai designed Pac-Man, I'm reasonably konfident.

I need the grunts though.

:231:

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just add the golden belly and the larger krown to the PAON look and he's perfect for me. Looking at how Sakurai designed Pac-Man, I'm reasonably konfident.

I need the grunts though.

:231:
A combination of the "AUGH!" from DKC and the screams from the GBA ports would do it for me. :3

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Actually for someone K. Rool's size, his arms are very muscular in the PAON model. Guys who are bulkier and buff have arms that look more like that than the tight looking biceps of a leaner person. It's kind of the difference between a swimmer and a football player. Both are muscular but their proportions are COMPLETELY different.
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/3431/389009-dk___king_k_rool.jpg

But... K. Rool's always had very muscular arms. In fact, the PAON model makes him look worse by giving him a massive gut that makes him look fat. Fact is, K. Rool isn't fat, he's just very bulked up.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Clean version
I'd also like to say good job, dude! I've been anticipating this for a long time!
I've been meaning to say it but I couldn't find it. This thread has gotten very active :o

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, though. You can be fat and muscular, like a sumo wrestler.
Or Wario. :4wario:

As for K. Rool, he's always been fat; it's just the non-gold plated stomach makes it more apparent.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Personally, if I were to design K. Rool, I'd have a hybrid of the Paon and Rare arms. On one hand, Rare's arms are nice and muscular. On the other, the Paon arms look better on K. Rool's body.

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/3431/389009-dk___king_k_rool.jpg

But... K. Rool's always had very muscular arms. In fact, the PAON model makes him look worse by giving him a massive gut that makes him look fat. Fact is, K. Rool isn't fat, he's just very bulked up.
Yeah he's always had muscular arms, but the second you move them away from his body they look small for someone that size... (It also may be because of the size of his hands when he is Kaptain and Baron making his arms look skinny) Let me see if I could find a picture of guys with muscular arms to compare, one lean, like a swimmer or a basketball player, and one bulky like a football player. They are both muscular but look kind of different. As for K. Rool being fat... He's always been fat. Heck look at K. Rool's arms in the "fat" PAON model and look at Lord Fredrik (I really hate that guy).

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
King K. Rool is like the Kingpin he's decievingly muscular. Under his bulk he's pure muscle. He's an inspiration to us fat guys with muscles everywhere....

But yea he can be fat and still have muscles.

StormC

Smash Hero
As silly as it sounds, I don't know how I would deal with posting my reactions on multiple social media platforms.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The two characters I reacted the best to were Lucina and Robin. Yes. Even more so than Mewtwo.
If only Monado Boy hadn't been leaked.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Just wondering, did we get 2 or 3 new character announcments for E3 last year? I'm thinking we could still hear Roy and Ryu get announced but it could be for one trailer and then we hear a returning vet (Wolf) later on and then for the third one it could be a special newcomer from the ballot (if they decide to announce the first choice that early). Would be cool.

StormC

Smash Hero
We had Mii Fighters, Palutena, and Pac-Man later that day at a closed door press event.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just wondering, did we get 2 or 3 new character announcments for E3 last year? I'm thinking we could still hear Roy and Ryu get announced but it could be for one trailer and then we hear a returning vet (Wolf) later on and then for the third one it could be a special newcomer from the ballot (if they decide to announce the first choice that early). Would be cool.
Miis and Palutena in the direct.
Pac-Man in the round-table thing.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Technically, we got 5, but you can consider it 3 like E3 2013 gave us :4villager::4megaman::4wiifit:

:4miisword::4miigun::4miibrawl: were revealed fairly early in the day. :4palutena: was revealed around 1:30 pm EST, and then that night at the round-table, :4pacman: was revealed with his trailer going live the morning after.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Darn, I would love it if we got Roy, Ryu, and K. Rool announced this year but chances are it'll likley be those first 2 and Wolf. Still, who knows except for Sakurai.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but seeing how this thread is almost 700 pages long and I've been around for maybe a hundred, what would you guys like out of the Kirby hat?

A lot of people want to just give him the crown, but I'd prefer it be more distinct than Rosalina and Peach's hats.

This is probably my favorite idea for it that I've seen.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but seeing how this thread is almost 700 pages long and I've been around for maybe a hundred, what would you guys like out of the Kirby hat?

A lot of people want to just give him the crown, but I'd prefer it be more distinct than Rosalina and Peach's hats.

This is probably my favorite idea for it that I've seen.
I feel like the best grounds for his Kirby hat would just be his Rare-sized giant crown. :4peach: and :rosalina:proved that crowns can be kept visually distinct and the difference in design and raw height wouldn't make it a :4pit::4darkpit: or :4link::4tlink: scenario.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I hate the idea of K.Rool's Kasplat being a down special. I'd rather have that be a Down Smash as it's the best thing he already has currently
While I agree, it tends to be a thing for our big heavy villains (:4bowser::4dedede:). Just an observation that it may be done just because it's fairly easy to program while being a fitting move.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm attached to the idea of having each of the four Rare games represented in each of his specials, myself.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm attached to the idea of having each of the four Rare games represented in each of his specials, myself.
B: Blunderbuss Kannon :4bowserjr:
Side B: Crown Boomerang :4link::4tlink:
Up B: Helipack :snake:
Down B: Shockwave Butt-Stomp :4bowser:?

:p

I've liked the idea myself but it came to the ground of trying to find a balance of DKC1 and DK64 for Side and Down B

Charizard's Dsmash is pretty similar to what I imagine K.Rool's Dsmash
As you can tell from my movesets, I'm a bit impartial to it myself. (Ganon, Waluigi, Bandana Dee, even the Laharl one)

I was just saying a possibility with some ground for why it may be done in that fasion.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
B: Blunderbuss Kannon :4bowserjr:
Side B: Crown Boomerang :4link::4tlink:
Up B: Helipack :snake:
Down B: Shockwave Butt-Stomp :4bowser:?

:p

I've liked the idea myself but it came to the ground of trying to find a balance of DKC1 and DK64 for Side and Down B
Correct. That's what I used in my own moveset.

Incidentally, I've often tried to sell K. Rool on being a follow-up to Snake as a heavyweight with an emphasis on projectiles, so having a similar recovery either sweetens or sours the deal, depending on your perspective (though I would have K. Rool's do damage).

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I can see this at E3
:4mario: starts off with his final smash but suddenly is stopped by something "HADOKEN" the Ryu jumps in (Ryu fights his way in) then it shows a montage of him fighting but then we see him battleing on a ship fighting :4dk:and:4diddy: suddenly a cannon ball throws Ryu out of the stage and we see :4dk:and :4diddy: run terrified and then we see this (King K Rool Kuts in) then the trailer ends but shows both the Smash and Dk 3 logo

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Guys, my heart can't take the possibility of K. Rool at E3. Be gentle, please.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I also would like to officially blame each and every last one of you guys for making me grow into a completely unironic love of the DKC CGI show.

I hate you all for this.

Why can't I stop?!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I also would like to officially blame each and every last one of you guys for making me grow into a completely unironic love of the DKC CGI show.

I hate you all for this.

Why can't I stop?!
Because you're
One of Us!

Burruni

Smash Hero
ONCE I FINISH THAT LEO LUSTER PARODY I EXPECT YOU ALL TO DO YOUR OWN COVERS OF IT AND HAVE IT GO VIRAL ACROSS THE INTERNET. THAT'S OUR DEAL!

Legitimately it's just one of those things I can't understand why I like it and why the songs are so attrocious that they're great.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
ONCE I FINISH THAT LEO LUSTER PARODY I EXPECT YOU ALL TO DO YOUR OWN COVERS OF IT AND HAVE IT GO VIRAL ACROSS THE INTERNET. THAT'S OUR DEAL!

Legitimately it's just one of those things I can't understand why I like it and why the songs are so attrocious that they're great.
I...I have a horrible singing voice...Regigiygas knows why. I'd love to do a cover of Diddy Drop Rap as my friends feel like I can imitate that voice well

Top Bottom