• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Luigi player

Smash Master
As for K. Rool, he's always been fat; it's just the non-gold plated stomach makes it more apparent.
Well, they changed his shape as well, making his belly more "outward" and his overall body more wide. He was really pretty muscular before, with fat though of course, but still really bulked up. The "fat" arms look annoying to me...

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
This is totally random but I just had a thought and needed to share.....

I would love more than anything for K. Rool to have a Dair down spike like Megamans with a disjointed hit box...like he points his blunderbuss down and fires a kannonball. Oh I'd be so happy....I luv down spikes....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
ONCE I FINISH THAT LEO LUSTER PARODY I EXPECT YOU ALL TO DO YOUR OWN COVERS OF IT AND HAVE IT GO VIRAL ACROSS THE INTERNET. THAT'S OUR DEAL!

Legitimately it's just one of those things I can't understand why I like it and why the songs are so attrocious that they're great.
You want to have a butchered song with a ridiculous accent, sure. :p

:231:

Burruni

Smash Hero
The point ISN'T for quality of the singing, it's to show the determination and quirky fanaticism of the Kutthroats =P

Edit: All you silly people thinking I can sing well.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
How are views calculated on Smashboards anyway? Is it IP based or just every time a person clicks on the thread?

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
If I recall correctly the DKC series was loved in Japan, for some reason...
Would be cool if they make King K. Rool's trailer a reference to this :awesome:

Donkey Kong country best anime

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
In DKC2 who's more harder King Zing or K. Rool? Never fought them but I heard they're both tough.

StormC

Smash Hero
King Zing you can cheese by hiding behind the wall. K. Rool requires near-perfect reaction and movement.

I found Kreepy Krow to be the toughest non-K. Rool boss, myself.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool poster update.

Now that the GIF is done and dusted I can refocus some effort onto to my poster project. In the grand scheme it's almost done. A few items to finish and create and we'll be done but for now an update.

Just a small one but important nonetheless. Klump is getting some color and form at last.
The faint blue linework is or will be Diddy. I'm taking a little bit of liberty with Klump's physique. He's still intended to have girth but I'm giving his arms some strength to them. I guess it's a kind of carry-off I took from my animation course at university. Exaggeration and emphasis to paraphrase. (Like say when Snagglepuss does his "exit stage right" schtick he doesn't bolt; he readies himself and then he skedaddles)

My point is in this instance Diddy is in a bind with a much stronger opponent than him. He's overwhelmed and it's has to be clear.

Now that I look at it I might need to widen the torso a bit. A touch. I doesn't seem to reflect the original design. (I hate the innie. So much. It's hard to replicate. I may not get it right in the end. I try as hard as I can but...*groan*)

bellboy out.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
King Zing you can cheese by hiding behind the wall. K. Rool requires near-perfect reaction and movement.

I found Kreepy Krow to be the toughest non-K. Rool boss, myself.
Ahh kk. I'm almost close to fighting King Zing. Just got to finish that bramble scramble level first. Annoying level.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I want this character to join the roster just so I can show you lot who the REAL king of the battlefield is!

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^Honestly Dedede vs K.rool is something i've wanted to see for a long time now.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
The good thing is, K. Rool is more than just a king.
Yeah; he's a king, a pirate captain, a mad scientist and a (extremely) heavy weight boxer.

You don't know how bad I wanted this and the green bandana to return as costumes.

AS A P-JIGGLES MAIN IN MELEE AND HER BEING IN MY MAIN 4 ROTATION IN THIS GAME... y-you just don't know...
My personal favourite Jigglypuff costume is the straw hat. That way, I can be Monkey D. Jiggly.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I wanted to say guys we're nearing serious monumental times. This thread is about to reach 1,000,000 VIEWS and we're about to hit 700 pages. We're a sore thumb on the character discussion on SMAHSBOARDS MANNN!! No other thread has reached this threshold *unless the Ridley thread did, then I'm mistaken.* But regardless for us to reach THIS MANY VIEWS It's truly something no one in the smash community or Nintendo can ignore. This is awesome guys. With e3 right around the corner more smash hype is imminent!!! Just wanted to say I'm glad to be apart of this and am also glad that this thread has sustained this long. Nice job @ BKupa666 BKupa666 & everyone else involved pre-smash ballot.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wanted to say guys we're nearing serious monumental times. This thread is about to reach 1,000,000 VIEWS and we're about to hit 700 pages. We're a sore thumb on the character discussion on SMAHSBOARDS MANNN!! No other thread has reached this threshold *unless the Ridley thread did, then I'm mistaken.* But regardless for us to reach THIS MANY VIEWS It's truly something no one in the smash community or Nintendo can ignore. This is awesome guys. With e3 right around the corner more smash hype is imminent!!!
This is truly something to celebrate about, isn't it? I am so excited for E3, and even if K. Rool is not revealed by then, we'll still see some other goodies at the event. And it IS amazing that we have lasted for so long. I can't believe we're on page 700 and have a million views already. That is quite impressive!

Burruni

Smash Hero
I wanted to say guys we're nearing serious monumental times. This thread is about to reach 1,000,000 VIEWS and we're about to hit 700 pages. We're a sore thumb on the character discussion on SMAHSBOARDS MANNN!! No other thread has reached this threshold *unless the Ridley thread did, then I'm mistaken.* But regardless for us to reach THIS MANY VIEWS It's truly something no one in the smash community or Nintendo can ignore. This is awesome guys. With e3 right around the corner more smash hype is imminent!!!
Ridley Thread died at page 1952, view count curently at 2,551,979.

Trust me, it's still over a million views beyond what the MAIN discussion thread is held at.

StormC

Smash Hero
Alright, thanks to @Thelimomon's efforts to provide me a mirror image version of his K. Rool fanart, I've put together probably the last size chart for a while (these are oddly fun to do).

Original (readjusted):

With fanart:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
ONE DAY AT NINTENDO!
*Riki sneaks in Smash office to leak DLC plans*
"Riki find goodies! GAH! DINOBEAST!"
My favorite Riki quote will always be....

Riki: "Aww... Riki wish Melly real sister-pon"
Melia: "Aww... What about Sharla?"
Riki: "Sharla more like mama-pon. Riki think one Mama enough"
Sharla: "Now just hold on one minute!"

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
One more thing I think is very interesting about this thread is how even though K. Rool and the Kremlings have been excluded from the past few years worth of donkey kong games everyone here has really kept K. Rool alive through artwork, Smash movesets, and everything in-between. All corniness aside last thing I wanted to recognizing before we hit our milestone. :kirby:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually...I DO remember seeing K.Rool in something! In Official Nintendo Magazine, there was a review of Barrel Blast! K.Rool's artwork appeared in the review, name and all! It's not much but hey, I'm glad to remember seeing something cool as a child

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
One more thing I think is very interesting about this thread is how even though K. Rool and the Kremlings have been excluded from the past few years worth of donkey kong games everyone here has really kept K. Rool alive through artwork, Smash movesets, and everything in-between. All corniness aside last thing I wanted to recognizing before we hit our milestone. :kirby:
The real milestone here is K. Rool's confirmation as a DLC character. I'll be very happy if he's confirmed.
I'll also be very happy if Shantae is confirmed.
And if they're both confirmed, I'll blow my load all over the place. People will stick to the floor. :troll:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
The real milestone here is K. Rool's confirmation as a DLC character. I'll be very happy if he's confirmed.
I'll also be very happy if Shantae is confirmed.
And if they're both confirmed, I'll blow my load all over the place. People will stick to the floor. :troll:
For sure but if for some reason all else fails for K. Rool in Smash 4 this thread is what will be leftover to show the progress we've made.

Top Bottom