• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I really wanna know how Phoenix Wright is perfectly keeping up with him.. This is the first I have heard of Phoenix Wright being a TOP contender of polls lol...Gamefaqs really? I love Phoenix Wright...but honestly haven't heard a single word about him being a choice people were considering.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I really wanna know how Phoenix Wright is perfectly keeping up with him.. This is the first I have heard of Phoenix Wright being a TOP contender of polls lol...Gamefaqs really? I love Phoenix Wright...but honestly haven't heard a single word about him being a choice people were considering.
4chan trolling.
Tumblr had Daisy as their #1.
Which is why I'm questioning why we're bothering with a silly poll on GameFAQs.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Looks like we're in the finals of a GameFAQs poll, which looking at the last few pages, got spammed by 4chan voting for Phoenix Wright instead. We're within winning range, so everyone who hasn't already, vote on GameFAQs and clinch us a victory!
I cast my vote. It's 50-50 as I type.
But yeah, it's merely another bull**** poll anyway. :happysheep:

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Less than 10,000 page views to a MILLION! How r we gonna celebrate it? 1 page full of VOTE K ROOL POSTERS?

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
4chan trolling.
Tumblr had Daisy as their #1.
Which is why I'm questioning why we're bothering with a silly poll on GameFAQs.
Silly as it is, it's kind of amusing to me seeing K. Rool put up one hell of a competition against 4chan-like troll voting (if that's the case). Still, nothing for me to lose sleep over.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think the important thing to gleam is in pretty much every poll - 4chan, GameFAQs, Tumblr, Reddit - K. Rool ALWAYS reaches the finals, whereas the community's favorite will usually win out (in SmashBoards' case, the favorite is actually K. Rool).

It's true what they say; first is worst, second is best.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Looks like we're in the finals of a GameFAQs poll, which looking at the last few pages, got spammed by 4chan voting for Phoenix Wright instead. We're within winning range, so everyone who hasn't already, vote on GameFAQs and clinch us a victory!
Phoenix Wright? Phoenix Wright? Really? Where the hell did that come from? Oh, 4chan. You never cease to amaze me.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Phoenix Wright? Phoenix Wright? Really? Where the hell did that come from? Oh, 4chan. You never cease to amaze me.
YOU SHUT YOUR FACE!

PHOENIX WRIGHT IS BETTER THAN K.ROOL, RIDLEY, ISAAC AND MEWTWO COMBINED!!!!

He just has the chances of a dead fish.

I like Ace Attorney.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
YOU SHUT YOUR FACE!

PHOENIX WRIGHT IS BETTER THAN K.ROOL, RIDLEY, ISAAC AND MEWTWO COMBINED!!!!

He just has the chances of a dead fish.

I like Ace Attorney.
You guys! :estatic:Did I ever say I hated Phoenix Wright? I've never gotten the chance to play an Ace Attourney game, but I'd love to.

My "objection" was the fact that Phoenix Wright came literally out of left field here. Is there widespread support for him anywhere? Maybe silently, but this is pretty much 4chan throwing darts at a board to pit someone against K. Rool again.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Coincidentally, Phoenix Wright is being rated on the RTC thread today. :p Initial results see him as 'unlikely' given Ryu and Mega Man, but he's still got people who'd love to see him.

But I'm going to bed, fellow Kutthroats. Night.:tired:

Troykv

Smash Master
Coincidentally, Phoenix Wright is being rated on the RTC thread today. :p Initial results see him as 'unlikely' given Ryu and Mega Man, but he's still got people who'd love to see him.

But I'm going to bed, fellow Kutthroats. Night.:tired:
Wow! It's very powerful the Want Rate xDD

Also. Ryu and Roy are below Wolf... Why? Because some people don't want them? Because Wolf is in a similar case a Lucas he is the superior shoe-in? O.o

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
To be honest I really never liked Phoenix....the game was pretty boring to moi
But I respect other people's decisions of course
I mean I would vote for Petey Piranha if I wouldn't love K. Rool that much, I mean I literally wanted him in the game since I was a lil' basterd. My brother still tells me that I asked "Wheres the crocodile with the crown?" back in the old Melee days after he explained to me what the whole game was about....man I was adorable xD

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So since i joined the King, i wanted to draw something related with him. And i succed! Even so, i'm kinda disappointed with the result but hey, nobody is perfect. So just enjoy it!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys! :estatic:Did I ever say I hated Phoenix Wright? I've never gotten the chance to play an Ace Attourney game, but I'd love to.

My "objection" was the fact that Phoenix Wright came literally out of left field here. Is there widespread support for him anywhere? Maybe silently, but this is pretty much 4chan throwing darts at a board to pit someone against K. Rool again.
I was joking...

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I just noticed something. Nintendo loves their fear factory. Think about it. What song was playing in the trailer for all of the DKC/DKL games coming to America? What area is Dumb Drum the boss of? What was one of the two DK songs that played on Jungle Japes in the 3DS version? Just an observation I made.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just noticed something. Nintendo loves their fear factory. Think about it. What song was playing in the trailer for all of the DKC/DKL games coming to America? What area is Dumb Drum the boss of? What was one of the two DK songs that played on Jungle Japes in the 3DS version? Just an observation I made.
Fear Factory didn't play on Jungle Japes, though, it was Gear Getaway, which is a version of the Rocket Barrel music. Granted, Fear Factory does play on Gear Getaway before you get on the rocket barrel.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Fear Factory didn't play on Jungle Japes, though, it was Gear Getaway, which is a version of the Rocket Barrel music. Granted, Fear Factory does play on Gear Getaway before you get on the rocket barrel.
Hm. My mistake. Still odd how they chose Fear Factory for the trailer of all things. It probably means nothing though.

just finished this....i made it for fun there is a colored and uncolored version, if you can guess who i based this off of then you had an awesome childhood and possibly a scarred one.

Krocomire K.rool

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
just finished this....i made it for fun there is a colored and uncolored version, if you can guess who i based this off of then you had an awesome childhood and possibly a scarred one.

Krocomire K.rool
Good ol' Crocomire from Super Metroid.

I was maybe 15 when I played it so I didn't get scarred in the slightest. (Was a bit surprised though.)

Then again I played Ocarina of Time when I was a kid and that game had Phantom Ganon, King Dodongo and Volvagia being burned alive so I had my share of awesome death/scarring scenes as a kid.

Great work though.

Definitely an awesome reference.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What would you fine folks say if K. Rool returned in a new kostume?

I think we can all agree it's a lot more likely and preferable that he return in his klassic King attire, but suppose he tricked us and turned up with a new outfit for a new game? How would you react?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
K. Rocomire reminds me of when I had theorized that Crocomire was the stage boss of Pyrosphere. Delusional now, I know, but I was a hopeful lad.

I think we can all agree it's a lot more likely and preferable that he return in his klassic King attire, but suppose he tricked us and turned up with a new outfit for a new game? How would you react?
I'd actually be really happy to have another persona for him. If we don't count Pharaoh K. Rool (I honestly don't, it's just not enough of a change in his design), but do count Pilot K. Rool, that'd be six personas then.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

I'd be open to the idea but eh... I'd rather he just have his King outfit. I feel like King is good for having a default look for the character, a template for future appearances, in addition to being his most iconic. I know a lot of people love his Kaptain outfit, and it'd be a great alt, but I don't want K. Rool pigeonholed into a single persona in the general public's mind following Smash. King allows for the most flexibility.

Also I want a crown throw attack, dammit.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I got around to listening to Tropical Freezes soundtrack and from what I've heard so far, "Big Top Bop" is definitely my most favorite.

It kind of sounds like something you'd hear in an F-Zero game.

That song needs/should've been in Smash.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I got around to listening to Tropical Freezes soundtrack and from what I've heard so far, "Big Top Bop" is definitely my most favorite.

Petition Retro to 1) put it in the very first DKCR3 trailer and/or 2) remix it to feature more DK Island Swing and maybe, just maybe it'll have a chance.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If they make a stage of Gangplank Galleon if/when K. Rool gets in I hope so much that Snakey Chantey gets put on the stage as a soundtrack I'll be SO HAPPY!!!!
http://youtu.be/ZU2K9XueqcI

The thing that's awesome about that song is that it has Hot head hop from DKC2 remixed into it. It starts at about 1:30

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm not sure if they'll add a new stage as DLC. Mewtwo got no stage* to accompany his return, and it looks like Lucas ain't either.

*I wish they had brought Spear Pillar back as DLC ;-;

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if they'll add a new stage as DLC. Mewtwo got no stage* to accompany his return, and it looks like Lucas ain't either.
*I wish they had brought Spear Pillar back as DLC ;-;
Well, they are returning veterans. Maybe Sakurai has something special for the newcomers.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think Mewtwo is a valid argument. The thing is, stage DLC hasn't even been announced yet. Its basically guaranteed to come, it just hasn't been announced yet.

I think the odds are pretty good of getting stage DLC released alongside certain character DLC. K. Rool is a good contender because DKC has no new stages on 3DS. Pokemon and Zelda both have three new stages between the two games.

Likewise, if we get a new IP represented in the game as a playable character, I DEFINITELY expect a stage. Ryu is a maybe since he's third-party, but if we get a Rhythm Heaven charcter or Isaac, I fully expect a stage announced alongside them as playable characters (perhaps there would be a bunlde featuring both a stage and character).

Top Bottom