• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Hey all.
Here's a Transparent version for those who want it. I don't know if you can resize the GIF in a video editor (it's been years since I've used one) or even how it's going to look. But if you need a resize on my end just holler and I'll see what I can do. Tag me or something.
Either way this is the largest size I have. Also the sexiest. Oh yes.

(I'm hardly surprised there's leftover stuff about. When I completed it initially which was a few days ago at least I told BKupa of my intention to smooth it out/touch it up/ So it's natural he has an "aura" about him.)
Gimp can easily resize animated gifs. Moreover, it's free! :grin:

been sick so i havnt really been making stuff.
but for now i compiled all of my krool fanart into one big image so that new people can see some of the older ones....click to zoom in for details.

i plan on doing king krusha k.rool next.

and kawaii k.rool looks so awesome! i hope that i can make art as good as you one day bellboy!

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Possibly a hint that new Donkey Kong in some shape or form is coming :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I feel this direct was hinting at what's to come considering we saw the guy wearing a Smash Bros. Jacket @ 1:38 in the video. Kind of little hints possibly? :)))) Good vid too. My Body is already Reggie for e3.
Don't jump to conclusions, DKC is just an extremely iconic and popular game. Still, it is nice that they actually showcased it in the preview.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Possibly a hint that new Donkey Kong in some shape or form is coming :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I feel this direct was hinting at what's to come considering we saw the guy wearing a Smash Bros. Jacket @ 1:38 in the video. Kind of little hints possibly? :)))) Good vid too. My Body is already Reggie for e3.
Can't wait for the new Stadium Events game and the revival of the Power Pad.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Euh just a question, it is normal that this kremling is here? Normally this is the room of a boss, Nah?
It's the barrel boss from DKC1.
He spits out a bunch of enemies that you have to defeat, among them are one or two Kremlings.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Euh just a question, it is normal that this kremling is here? Normally this is the room of a boss, Nah?
I thought so, but then I realized it was specifically Boss Dumb Drum. Look closely; you can see the Dumb Drum. Dumb Drum drops two of every ground type of enemy.

It's the barrel boss from DKC1.
He spits out a bunch of enemies that you have to defeat, among them are one or two Kremlings.
:4greninja:'d

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
*sees Reggie playing DKC*

I will NOT jump to conclusions.

DKCR3 CONFIRMED WITH KREMLINGS!?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
*sees Reggie playing DKC*

DKCR3 CONFIRMED WITH KREMLINGS!?

Haha, I knew there was going to be posts like this in this thread the second I saw DKC1 and the Kremling in the video :D

Anyway, I'm curious to see what's going to be on this new championship. I'd like to see a mix between retro and recent games, including of course Super Smash Bros.!

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
I don't wanna be a downer...but that doesn't really do anything for us^^' if it comes to the DK games or King K rool
He played several classic Nintendo games in this Trailer

StormC

Smash Hero
Thanks to my own amazing paint skills, I've cleaned up the previous size chart.

So here's the size chart where Bowser is smaller than K. Rool that @AwesomeCauliflower68 made, and one where they're equal:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I don't wanna be a downer...but that doesn't really do anything for us^^' if it comes to the DK games or King K rool
Games shown: Donkey Kong Country, Wii Sports, and World Class Track Meet. Not exactly a stellar lineup, if I do say so myself. They were probably trying to pay homage to the Donkey Kong Country Competition Cartridge that was used at Powerfest '94.

...except Dumb Drum never made an appearance there. They could have easily edited the footage so that the Kritter wasn't shown, but they didn't. I just find it funny given that detractors always suggest that Nintendo is trying to "forget" about the Kremlings, even though they've been proven wrong time and time again. Whatever the case may be, E3 is going to be very interesting.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Except the only classic Nintendo game played was Donkey Kong Country. They did show him playing on various consoles, but they actually showed very, very few games. I saw DKC and Wii Sports, and that was it. I guess World Class Track Meet, whatever that is, showed up as well.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Games shown: Donkey Kong Country, Wii Sports, and World Class Track Meet. Not exactly a stellar lineup, if I do say so myself. They were probably trying to pay homage to the Donkey Kong Country Competition Cartridge that was used at Powerfest '94.

...except Dumb Drum never made an appearance there. They could have easily edited the footage so that the Kritter wasn't shown, but they didn't. I just find it funny given that detractors always suggest that Nintendo is trying to "forget" about the Kremlings, even though they've been proven wrong time and time again. Whatever the case may be, E3 is going to be very interesting.
Your previous theories have inspired me @ toadster101 toadster101 . WHAT IF...The Dumb Drum Barrel boss is suppose to signify how dumb Nintendo has been to deny us the Kings glorious Krocodile return, while DK and Diddy represent the fans. When Dumb Drum drops the Kremling, it means that Nintendo is finally going to give the fans what they have wanted for so long (the Kremlings back in DK or King K in Smash Bros) then DK jumping on the Kremling is the fans EXPLODING with a huge amount of joy. :D ..lol

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah... I really don't want to buy into pre-E3 expectations of DK/Kremlings, but the fact that DKC is the only game shown that is thought of as a notable, classic Nintendo game definitely got my attention.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah... I really don't want to buy into pre-E3 expectations of DK/Kremlings, but the fact that DKC is the only game shown that is thought of as a notable, classic Nintendo game definitely got my attention.
I agree. I'm hesitant to get hyped, but its definitely odd that DKC is the only notable Nintendo classic shown off.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't know if we'll see anything DK-related at E3 (although I want to believe!), but there have been a bunch of little things recently that are cause to take pause...K. Rool's name being plastered all over the VC DKC/DKL descriptions despite being ignored/silhouetted in the classic ones...DK64 being one of the first games shown off for the N64 VC despite the Jetpac and Expansion Pack concerns, not to mention "BAWW UGLY BAD RARE COLLECT-A-THON"...and now not just a classic (not Retro) DKC segment being one of the few games shown in an E3 montage, but a late-game boss one featuring Kremlings.

Could this all be smoke and mirrors? Perhaps, but I think there's going to be an eventual payoff, and when it comes, it's gonna be big.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ugh. I promised myself I wouldn't get excited over potential DK/Kremling content at E3. Dammit.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't know if we'll see anything DK-related at E3 (although I want to believe!), but there have been a bunch of little things recently that are cause to take pause...K. Rool's name being plastered all over the VC DKC/DKL descriptions despite being ignored/silhouetted in the classic ones...DK64 being one of the first games shown off for the N64 VC despite the Jetpac and Expansion Pack concerns, not to mention "BAWW UGLY BAD RARE COLLECT-A-THON"...and now not just a classic (not Retro) DKC segment being one of the few games shown in an E3 montage, but a late-game boss one featuring Kremlings.

Could this all be smoke and mirrors? Perhaps, but I think there's going to be an eventual payoff, and when it comes, it's gonna be big.
I think its extremely likely we will get something DK-related. There's any number of things that could be worked on. Whether we get K. Rool or not, we'll have to wait and see.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Let's pretend to take the DK game shown in the video as a hint to what's coming and then assume other things as well from what had occurred.

GameCube and Virtual Boy games coming to the Eshop

Something DK going to be announced

A new Wii U party game? Maybe Punch Out?

Hmmmmmmmmm.....regardless of whether these things were hints or not I'm very excited for Nintendo at E3 this year! I remember the Nintendo Championships of old...........I'm old :/

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Let's pretend to take the DK game shown in the video as a hint to what's coming and then assume other things as well from what had occurred.

GameCube and Virtual Boy games coming to the Eshop

Something DK going to be announced

A new Wii U party game? Maybe Punch Out?

Hmmmmmmmmm.....regardless of whether these things were hints or not I'm very excited for Nintendo at E3 this year! I remember the Nintendo Championships of old...........I'm old :/
The Virtual Boy was just a joke. There's nothing on VB that would be usable anyway.

GC games are a definite possibility, though. Same with Wii Sports U (I'm surprised we didn't get it in the first place).

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
The Virtual Boy was just a joke. There's nothing on VB that would be usable anyway.
I love how even though it was an awful system, Nintendo always brings it back for jokes. Such good humor, they even poke fun at themselves.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
The scene with Reggie inspired me to make this quick project:

(If you think this is just a banana, you may want to take a closer look... ;))
Unfortunately, it has no Reggie in it...

...Or does it?
:troll:
I actually just wanted to bring up this picture... :colorful: (Or did I..!?)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The scene with Reggie inspired me to make this quick project:

(If you think this is just a banana, you may want to take a closer look... ;))
Unfortunately, it has no Reggie in it...

...Or does it?
:troll:
I actually just wanted to bring up this picture... :colorful: (Or did I..!?)
I saw him before I read your "It has no Reggie in it" lol

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I remember I thought Ghirahim had a rather solid shot for a playable role in SSB4 due to his theme being used in the video announcing Nintendo's plans for E3 2014 and the Fi trophy being shown in the Smash Direct earlier. I never thought he was more likely than not, but his reveal as an Assist Trophy still caught me off guard :laugh: so maybe this DKC thing means nothing special, I won't start to be super hyped about a potential DK-related announcement at E3, even though it makes me want to kind of expect it. Because hopefully it means something at least...

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Yeah, we can't read into everything. I'm sure many of us remember the KI newcomer/Ghirahim/Ridley speculation that came about when the Pseudo-Palutena, Fi, and King Kihunter trophies were shown in that one Direct and then KI was the only one of those three to receive a newcomer after the fact. (or at all, for that matter)

Top Bottom