• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
Doing a school project on K. Rool makes me wonder what would happen if like... someone set up a table in a mall with flyers about K. Rool, who he is, and why he should be added to Smash.

I'm sure security would be baffled.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I just had a crazy idea...

We all know K. Rool is demented and prone to disguise himself. So what if he had a Captain Falcon alt. costume (with a red helmet that has a crocodile painted on it), complete with a "show me ya moves" taunt? That would be funny.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

We all know K. Rool is demented and prone to disguise himself. So what if he had a Captain Falcon alt. costume (with a red helmet that has a crocodile painted on it), complete with a "show me ya moves" taunt? That would be funny.
Actually, I was thinking about something similar in the taunt part. One of is taunt (for exemple is down taunt) could be him immitating the corresponding down taunt of his opponent.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

I'd like to see him in a Mega Man costume lol.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Actually, I was thinking about something similar in the taunt part. One of is taunt (for exemple is down taunt) could be him immitating the corresponding down taunt of his opponent.
Now *that* would be nice (especially for disrespecting opponents).

StormC

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr.'s is gonna be weird.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
That would be the best taunt ever: mimicking what your opponent does in a ridiculous way. It's so childish that it's hilarious.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
It would be hilarious to see him trying to immitate taunt that he is physically unable too.
Yeah, then see him fall on his ass, and then still point at his opponent and laugh.
"As long as I'm on pills and I got plenty of pot/
I'll be in a canoe paddling, making fun of your yacht"

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Yeah, then see him fall on his ***, and then still point at his opponent and laugh.
"As long as I'm on pills and I got plenty of pot/
I'll be in a canoe paddling, making fun of your yacht"
K.Rool saying "I'm really feeling it", "Wa wa wa" or DK's "umadbro"

All the possibilities

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hey guys something i have been thinking about..
How heavy would K.Rool be?
DK is already 2nd Heaviest...

I think it maybe a problem...how would it work?
Would he be between DK and DDD in weight? 3rd Heaviest and DDD now 4th?
or after DDD?
Explain please.

StormC

Smash Hero
No reason he can't be heavier than DK. I'd like him to be the heaviest by just a point or two.

Laniv

Smash Champion
"Haaaiii!"

Also:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
No reason he can't be heavier than DK. I'd like him to be the heaviest by just a point or two.
Exactly. There's no reason for which K. Rool cannot be even heavier than Bowser.

Edit: K. Rool being the heaviest and thus, most resistant fighter, would go well with the fact that crocodiles generally are tough as nails. You know, the cataclysm that killed the dinosaurs? Crocodiles' direct ancestors were there and survived that ****.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

or after DDD?
Explain please.
I can see him being heavier than Bowser though most likely I imagine they'd probably make him tie with Bowser in terms of weight. There's nothing wrong with having 2 heavies tied for heaviest in the game. That way he's still heavier than DK and is an exact rival to Bowser which I feel K. Rool is naturally. In many games they make DK seem like a heavy weight match up against Bowser but with K. Rool and Bowser both being bad guys I feel like they'd resent each other more. So it would be cool to see a rival dynamic build for them maybe even for future cross over titles.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

or after DDD?
Explain please.
Nah, he is so robust... and he is a heavy weight in spin-offs, and also, is big...

He can be the Heaviest character or have Bowser's weight.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I think K. Rool's weight should be between DK's and Bowser's. I feel that being the heaviest should be Bowser's thing. He is the original big boss man after all.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I think K. Rool's weight should be between DK's and Bowser's. I feel that being the heaviest should be Bowser's thing. He is the original big boss man after all.
Yes, but the point is that he MUST be heavier than DK.

Be heavier or not than Bowser is other thing.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I think he should be heavier than DK but faster than Bowser.(He is known for his speed afterall)

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm kind of curious what Nintendo will do once they're officially done with the Wii U. There will be a lot of DLC that future gamers will be unable to purchase when eShop is eventually dropped, so I'm curious if Nintendo will release something like those "GOTY Editions" (like how they have almost all the DLC and etc.).

I really hope they spend more time working on 5mash, though. Sm4sh is amazing (and I hope they keep the art style), but a lot of parts felt unfinished and bare. Master Orders/Special Orders REALLY could have been something amazing (like Tower of Smash), there were WAY too many returning stages rather than new stages (and some of the new "retro" stages just felt lazy. I mean, Pac-Land could have been all 3D, not pixelated). The 3DS version shouldn't have existed at ALL (I have never picked it up since I completed it, whereas the Wii U version is a different story)
Ouch man, not all of us own a Wii U and there is still a fair amount of people (though admittedly less on a site like this) who think the 3DS version is the best thing since sliced bread. I'd give it to you that the amount of time spent on content not shared between games is probably too much, and making it a direct port would've been a better idea for both versions if it meant more single player content (as let's face it, that's the only part any Smash Bros is really lacking in) but not having a 3DS version would make me sad (and make Nintendo much less money).

I think he should be heavier than DK but faster than Bowser.(He is known for his speed afterall)
I'm never sure what to think about this from a balance perspective. Obviously he's going to be heavy, and in a perfect world K Rool is also going to have a fairly projectile heavy moveset inspired by the DKC games. I'm not sure if I can fairly see him being faster than Bowser and still being particularly fair without taking a hit to his kill power. This said, I have no qualms with the idea (and balance is less of an issue to me as I don't play competitively) and Link exists, so yeah.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Ouch man, not all of us own a Wii U and there is still a fair amount of people (though admittedly less on a site like this) who think the 3DS version is the best thing since sliced bread. I'd give it to you that the amount of time spent on content not shared between games is probably too much, and making it a direct port would've been a better idea for both versions if it meant more single player content (as let's face it, that's the only part any Smash Bros is really lacking in) but not having a 3DS version would make me sad (and make Nintendo much less money).

I'm never sure what to think about this from a balance perspective. Obviously he's going to be heavy, and in a perfect world K Rool is also going to have a fairly projectile heavy moveset inspired by the DKC games. I'm not sure if I can fairly see him being faster than Bowser and still being particularly fair without taking a hit to his kill power. This said, I have no qualms with the idea (and balance is less of an issue to me as I don't play competitively) and Link exists, so yeah.
I don't think "fair" exists in K. Rool's book. Although I'm not much of a competitive player either, I would like to be one of the guys who can actually beat others playing as pathetic annoying lightweights online using K. Rool. If competitive players can beat lightweights using Bowser and Charizard then so can K. Rool.

StormC

Smash Hero
Hey Kutthroats, would any artists here be willing to indulge me?

I'd like a version of this:

With these colors:

Cheers!

StormC

Smash Hero
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to fire this off before I went to bed:

@CyberWolfJV TheGuy07, I think it goes without saying that all of us love and appreciate your K. Rool mockups. That said, I was looking at your size comparison and found out that you've actually overestimated Bowser's height a bit. Donkey Kong's eyesight towards Bowser's back goes between the bottom two spikes on his shell. I tested in my game and all of the other characters are still accurate to DK's height.

So, very crudely, I made some tweaks to your size chart to show what K. Rool would actually look like at Bowser's height...

What do you guys think? Is this still fine or does K. Rool need to be bigger?

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to fire this off before I went to bed:

@CyberWolfJV TheGuy07, I think it goes without saying that all of us love and appreciate your K. Rool mockups. That said, I was looking at your size comparison and found out that you've actually overestimated Bowser's height a bit. Donkey Kong's eyesight towards Bowser's back goes between the bottom two spikes on his shell. I tested in my game and all of the other characters are still accurate to DK's height.

So, very crudely, I made some tweaks to your size chart to show what K. Rool would actually look like at Bowser's height...

What do you guys think? Is this still fine or does K. Rool need to be bigger?
What about K Rool staying the same size as the first one but Bowser being the size of the second one.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Hey all.
Here's a Transparent version for those who want it. I don't know if you can resize the GIF in a video editor (it's been years since I've used one) or even how it's going to look. But if you need a resize on my end just holler and I'll see what I can do. Tag me or something.
Either way this is the largest size I have. Also the sexiest. Oh yes.

(I'm hardly surprised there's leftover stuff about. When I completed it initially which was a few days ago at least I told BKupa of my intention to smooth it out/touch it up/ So it's natural he has an "aura" about him.)

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Hey all.
Here's a Transparent version for those who want it. I don't know if you can resize the GIF in a video editor (it's been years since I've used one) or even how it's going to look. But if you need a resize on my end just holler and I'll see what I can do. Tag me or something.
Either way this is the largest size I have. Also the sexiest. Oh yes.

(I'm hardly surprised there's leftover stuff about. When I completed it initially which was a few days ago at least I told BKupa of my intention to smooth it out/touch it up/ So it's natural he has an "aura" about him.)
If you want me to, I can try to make a version without leftover. You won't get it before friday thought, because I'm not home tonight.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Apologies for double post but I wanted this to be separate from everything else. Thanks, bananija!

Alongside my campaign poster which is almost complete (in the grand scheme of things) this is my next project.

A little kollection of K. Rool in anime stylings, tropes and cliches. Will include (but not limited to):
  • Tsundere K.Rool (It's not like I want you to krocthevote or anything...baka)
  • K. Rool (-chan...? I was never that well versed in my anime/otaku stuff) coveting Sakurai-senpai from afar. Japanese schoolgirl regalia/cosplay is a possibility.
  • And the above image. A photobooth shot with K. Rool buddying up with Smash "waifus". (My personal distaste for Lucina will be ignored for the sake of ART!)
I'm open to other ideas from anyone. I'm trying to skirt the fine line between funny and creepy here. (I saw an avatar of Dixie Kong on Neogaf blowing a bubble from her bubble-gum stash and intend to have him mimic it... and having blow up in his face catastrophically.)

Edit: It's up to you, @ Bananija Bananija
Would you need anything from me? The PSD for instance?

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Apologies for double post but I wanted this to be separate from everything else. Thanks, bananija!

Alongside my campaign poster which is almost complete (in the grand scheme of things) this is my next project.

A little kollection of K. Rool in anime stylings, tropes and cliches. Will include (but not limited to):
  • K. Rool (-chan...? I was never that well versed in my anime/otaku stuff) coveting Sakurai-senpai from afar. Japanese schoolgirl regalia/cosplay is a possibility.
  • And the above image. A photobooth shot with K. Rool buddying up with Smash "waifus". (My personal distaste for Lucina will be ignored for the sake of ART!)
I'm open to other ideas from anyone. I'm trying to skirt the fine line between funny and creepy here. (I saw an avatar of Dixie Kong on Neogaf blowing a bubble from her bubble-gum stash and intend to have him mimic it... and having blow up in his face catastrophically.)

Edit: It's up to you, @ Bananija Bananija
Would you need anything from me? The PSD for instance?
I just need to download the original gif, which I can easily do right now. In fact, I already did it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I'm interested.
K. Rool in a sailor suit would be something to behold. :laugh:

(Bonus points for the Angel Beats pic.)

:231:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested.
K. Rool in a sailor suit would be something to behold. :laugh:

(Bonus points for the Angel Beats pic.)

:231:
Well, I needed a resource and your girl was my best reference. :D
(I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Angel Beats- I needed "cute" and she fit the bill)

Top Bottom