• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
DK64 is polarizing. Either you love it for the sheer amount of collectables, or hate it for the same reason.
Sums up the DK64 situation PERFECTLY. I'm on the collector side, even though it is frustrating there are SO many things to be collected, once you get them all...SHEER fulfillment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys want to talk about E3 predictions? I will start first My E3 predictions is you know that Ryu is going to be in smash 4 for DLC right? will what if they are only doing this so they can do a nintendo vs capcom reason being we all know the marvel vs capcom games are now dead because of the epic fail that is marvel contest of champions and what better way of getting marvel vs capcom series back then by doing a nintendo vs capcom and it will help both companies capcom get there huge profit and nintendo get there hardcore consumer back it a win-win pretty good predictions if I do say so myself ;) Oh and I hope this year they announced a 3D Kirby platformer for this years E3 and revel bandana waddle dee for smash 4 DEELC!(And King K Rool)

Last edited by a moderator:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
A bit late, but kongrats on 700 pages and a million views fellow Kutthroats! Now let us keep marching on for that konfirmation! This train ain't stopping anytime soon.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Man I really really hope that K. Rool gets in and its a good character too. I know it might be too much too ask since heavyweights tend to be the combo fodder for rushdown top tiers. But I can work with him if he is mid tier-ish(and lets avoid top tier too, I don't want everyone calling K. Rool cheap and boring, that kinda killed me Sonic in this game).

By the way congrats on the late 700 pages. I wonder how many pages can be filled with the "One of Us" post.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Happy 700 pages and 1,000,000 views everybody!

How are views calculated here, anyways?

StormC

Smash Hero
Man I really really hope that K. Rool gets in and its a good character too. I know it might be too much too ask since heavyweights tend to be the combo fodder for rushdown top tiers. But I can work with him if he is mid tier-ish(and lets avoid top tier too, I don't want everyone calling K. Rool cheap and boring, that kinda killed me Sonic in this game).
Yeah, as long as K. Rool isn't in the bottom 10% or so, I'll be pretty content. Just enough to be fun to play casually.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, as long as K. Rool isn't in the bottom 10% or so, I'll be pretty content. Just enough to be fun to play casually.
Frankly, Ganon was my secondary in Brawl, so it wouldn't really bother me if he wasn't amazing. It'd be nice, but he's K. Rool, I'd main him even if he was horrible!

StormC

Smash Hero
Was looking through some of the first pages of the thread and discovered these voice samples.

Outside of not having his DKC1/2 hurt sound as his Star KO, this is pretty much ideal for me.

found this animated donkey kong series on youtube....there is only 1 episide right now but it looks pretty cool(kremlings make an appearance).

also late to the party of the 700 page 1 million views.

you should be proud fellow kutthroats because the recent surge of k rool popularity was because of us working hard and never giving up,we are reaching places that we have never reached before.

if we just did nothing over these past few years then k rool wouldnt be where he is at today....he would of been forgotten but we changed that.

other people think we just want a fat,ugly crocodile to be playable but no thats not the main reason that we want him....we want to save our character from dying,being forgotten and left behind.

unlike some other character who will be fine either way k.rool needs this, he is relying on us because smash 4 might be our last chance to save him before he is gone forever and thats why we fight.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Everyone hated DK 64 but I thought everyone loved DK64?
When it was first released it was extremely popular. Keep in mind, it outsold both Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie (together they sold more, though), despite those being the "premiere" Rare titles on the N64.

Since then its been extremely polarizing. Personally I thought I was going to have to slog through it when replaying the game, but I actually really enjoyed my replay.

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys want to talk about E3 predictions? I will start first My E3 predictions is you know that Ryu is going to be in smash 4 for DLC right? will what if they are only doing this so they can do a nintendo vs capcom reason being we all know the marvel vs capcom games are now dead because of the epic fail that is marvel contest of champions and what better way of getting marvel vs capcom series back then by doing a nintendo vs capcom and it will help both companies capcom get there huge profit and nintendo get there hardcore consumer back it a win-win pretty good predictions if I do say so myself ;) Oh and I hope this year they announced a 3D Kirby platformer for this years E3 and revel bandana waddle dee for smash 4 DEELC!(And King K Rool)
My E3 predictions:
-3 smash bros trailers: 1th. Ryu; 2th. Wolf; 3th. a brand new character (*fingers crossed for our beloved king\pirate\scientist\boxer\Pharaoh*)
-Mario Kart DLC Pack 3 and 4
-More info on:
Mario Maker; Star fox; Fire Emblem if, fire emblem x smt
- GC games for the Wii U VC
- a spinoff pokemon game (that isn't freemium)
-either a new Kirby or DK or Metroid or Fzero game

Edit: YAY 700 pages! kongrats !

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not expecting any more than Wolf or Ryu revealed at E3 since Smash is already out and they'll have less need to throw a bunch of characters at us at once to hype us up. Definitely at least one trailer, though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My E3 predictions:
-3 smash bros trailers: 1th. Ryu; 2th. Wolf; 3th. a brand new character (*fingers crossed for our beloved king\pirate\scientist\boxer\Pharaoh*)
-Mario Kart DLC Pack 3 and 4
-More info on:
Mario Maker; Star fox; Fire Emblem if, fire emblem x smt
- GC games for the Wii U VC
- a spinoff pokemon game (that isn't freemium)
-either a new Kirby or DK or Metroid or Fzero game

Edit: YAY 700 pages! kongrats !
1.) I don't think we'll get a trailer per character, honestly. I do think we could get three characters at E3, but not three trailers specifically. Yeah, Lucas got a separate trailer, but that doesn't mean every DLC character will get their own trailer.

2.) I don't think we're getting more Mario Kart DLC.

3.) GC games seem likely.

4.) The only thing Pokemon I can see is maybe the first western trailer for Pokken Tournament, announced for a 2016 Wii U launch.

5.) Kirby and DK I can see getting spinoff games (I don't think Kirby will get a new main game since we just had two very recently). I can also see a 3D DK game, as well. The only thing I can see from Metroid is an EARLY teaser like with Star Fox last year (and it definitely won't be developed by Retro, I'm confident they're not doing Metroid). F-Zero won't happen.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
My personal hopes and expectations for this year's E3:

- More infos about Mario Maker
- Star Fox Wii U trailer
- New Kirby game for Wii U
- New game from Retro Studios (New Donkey Kong or Metroid)
- Smash Trailer for Ryu
- Maybe another Smash trailer for someone else
- Rhythm Heaven 3DS announcement for NA and europe (Was accidentally already announced for NA)
- New Punch-Out!! (Because of the Little Mac hoodie in the E3 trailer... yes I hope so.)

What I expect to be shown:

- More infos about Mario Maker (Even if not in the Digital event, it is at Best Buy, so we surely will get new information.)
- Star Fox Wii U trailer (Pretty much confirmed)
- One Smash Trailer for someone

High hopes, low expectations.

1.) I don't think we'll get a trailer per character, honestly. I do think we could get three characters at E3, but not three trailers specifically. Yeah, Lucas got a separate trailer, but that doesn't mean every DLC character will get their own trailer.

2.) I don't think we're getting more Mario Kart DLC.

3.) GC games seem likely.

4.) The only thing Pokemon I can see is maybe the first western trailer for Pokken Tournament, announced for a 2016 Wii U launch.

5.) Kirby and DK I can see getting spinoff games (I don't think Kirby will get a new main game since we just had two very recently). I can also see a 3D DK game, as well. The only thing I can see from Metroid is an EARLY teaser like with Star Fox last year (and it definitely won't be developed by Retro, I'm confident they're not doing Metroid). F-Zero won't happen.
1.) Personally, I think every DLC character will get a small trailer, even if it's just in-game scenes and a "[CHARACTER] gets in!" line.
But to be honest, I don't care that much for the trailers, it is much more important that K. Rool is one of characters. Hehe.

5.) If anyone but Retro does make a new Metroid, then let's hope it's not going to be some kind of "Other M2"...
Dear Ridley in Heaven, please don't let that happen!

By the way, Shinya Kumazaki, the Director of the main Kirby games (like Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe) was not the director of Rainbow Curse. I don't know if this means anything at all, but it's an interesting fact.
(Also, most people don't consider Rainbow Curse part of the main series, but that depends on opinions.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So much celebrations for 700 pages. Save it for 1 million views and page 777, people. :p

What I expect at E3
  • Mario Maker info
  • Star Fox Wii U info
  • A Smash Trailer (Ryu with/out Roy)
  • Rhythm Heaven 3DS
  • Fire Emblem If
  • Whatever Retro is working on
  • New Punch-Out

:231:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
E3 expectations:

Smash DLC trailers for Ryu, Roy and maybe Wolf.
Fire Emblem If
SMT x FE
Mario Maker
eShop stuff
Star Fox U
Retro's stuff (possibly Metroid)
Mario Kart 8 DLC
Golden Sun 4
Xenoblade X
Amiibo
New Punch-Out

Not all would be in the direct. Instead there's a media briefing covering other games we can't see going on at the same time where they could appear.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
E3 expectations:

Smash DLC trailers for Ryu, Roy and maybe Wolf.
Fire Emblem If
SMT x FE
Mario Maker
eShop stuff
Star Fox U
Retro's stuff (possibly Metroid)
Mario Kart 8 DLC
Golden Sun 4
Xenoblade X
Amiibo
New Punch-Out

Not all would be in the direct. Instead there's a media briefing covering other games we can't see going on at the same time where they could appear.
I'll be utterly shocked if your 5th prediction turns out right.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Sums up the DK64 situation PERFECTLY. I'm on the collector side, even though it is frustrating there are SO many things to be collected, once you get them all...SHEER fulfillment.
I love it for a bunch of reasons. Beyond the collectathon nature.

One of my prime ones is the world design. It's like they put a general concept on a whiteboard like say "JUNGLE".
And they treated it like word association. What do you think of when that word is said. What ideas spring up.

And they just used them all.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
While we are still talking about it, let me share my expectations for Nintendo at E3.

More news on Mario Maker
Two or three Smash Bros trailer
Maybe a new Kirby game
A new Donkey Kong or Metroid game by Retro
A trailer for Star Fox U
Some Fire Emblem game news
Some Amiibo news
A new Punch Out

Yeah, that is what I am expecting.

D

Deleted member

My unpopular DK opinions is I think the DK fanbase should be happy they are getting unique and fresh villains in the new Donkey Kong game I mean like I said before do you have any idea how much we mario fans would kill to have new villans in 3D and 2D mario games!?!
I know we have new villain but there in RPG and half the time bowser steal the spotlight from them
(****....DREAMY.....BOWSER) the only time we got new villain without bowser screwing them over was smithy,wart and tantaga and that was a long time a go. I miss K.rool too but I really love the new villains too and I'm happy we are getting some like the evil kong,the tiki tak tribe and the snomads so much I hope they appear in the next DK game I feel like they are to good to be one off villains.......................PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom