• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
There's still a lot we don't know and won't know about DLC till E3. There's that packs option for DLC so who knows maybe we will see stages start getting released with newcomers in packs. So new character + stage + new music and who knows what elese they could add in. It's not out of the question to see a plethora of DK Kongtent haaaaaaaa added through DLC. I'm still of the mind that K. Rool can possibly be coming regardless of the ballot, call it a pipe dream but Kremlings in Smash run was big to me it's clear Sakurai didn't ignore that aspect of the DK franchise. If he's willing to put K. Rools minions in the game despite their "irrelevance" I'm sure he'd be willing to put in K. Rool plus not to mention that he did mention K. Rool in his Brawl notes so he's aware of him clearly. I'm sure he's aware of the fan following aswell. That's just me though...

StormC

Smash Hero
As far as Tropical Freeze stages go, I feel like Frozen DK Island just makes too much sense to not do. Especially without Ice Climbers in the game meaning we're missing a winter-themed stage.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As far as Tropical Freeze stages go, I feel like Frozen DK Island just makes too much sense to not do. Especially without Ice Climbers in the game meaning we're missing a winter-themed stage.
The problem is it'd just be another Jungle stage mostly, except frozen over. If they did the Frozen Factory maybe, I wouldn't mind that. Alternatively, one compromise I wouldn't mind is "Glacier Galleon." It'd be a new stage inspired by TF's frozen DK Isle and Gangplank Galleon.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd do a Delfino Plaza sort of thing where it visits each of the main eight levels from world 6.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I just see them making a Gangplank Galleon stage and that would be about it. It'd probably sail around DK island and the hazards could be Kritters maybe even a few other enemies like zingers. I'd love a flying Kroc stage but I doubt we'd see it. Besides GG is K. Rools iconic first appearence. If they were to make a stage for him/DK series it would most likely be that. Plus there is no boat stage like the Wind Waker one in Brawl. So it could be a nice fill in.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
i would totally be up for gangplank galleon essentially being a windwaker pirate ship reskin. i miss that stage.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The main issue is, honestly, I think Pirate Ship is probably coming as DLC. Granted, they could go for DKC2 Gangplank Galleon and its actually crashed into Crocodile Isle and broken apart, but you can see DK Isle in the back drop.

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Greetings fellow Kutthroats,

Can I join your crew?
I really wanna see K Rool in Smash; he was my most wanted character alongside Pacman; We NEED more villains and DK definitely needs more representation in smash (and this is coming from a newcomer to the DKC franchise)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Greetings fellow Kutthroats,

Can I join your crew?
I really wanna see K Rool in Smash; he was my most wanted character alongside Pacman; We NEED more villains and DK definitely needs more representation in smash (and this is coming from a newcomer to the DKC franchise)

Welcome to the Krew, matey! Har har har!

:231:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Except that is from Warioware... the half of his ~14 games that people are upset at being everything for Wario despite him being a face for it more than an actual active part of it.

DK has been neglected, but it's not the only one.
RealTalk
I wanted a Wario Land moveset aswell...maybe changing into the different wario's for special moves
Snowball wario
Fat Dounut wario lmao
Vampire Wario !

And with a super strong grab as a special move he can grab then charge to throw ppl really far
Shoulder charge as a left (B) can jump while in motion too..

Just felt like they through away warios whole legacy/career and based him of warioware

I take it warioware was a fairly knew series in brawl time when wario added...
I think if only Wario got added in melee we would have got the real wario in smash.

Something im pretty salty about when it comes to how certain characters turned out in smash...

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
As much as I love Smash 4, i can't help but think that Metroid, DK, Star Fox and Wario were kinda neglected (at least when compared with KI and FE).

Let's hope that DLC fixes this.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Looks like Inkling is pretty much deconfirmed now, guys. Things now look to be one character easier for our king.
Well, not really. Mega Man and Link have DLC costumes as well. Meta Knight and the Mario Bros have hats that came in the base game. It's kinda like saying Dixie won't be in due to Diddy's color swap.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, not really. Mega Man and Link have DLC costumes as well. Meta Knight and the Mario Bros have hats that came in the base game. It's kinda like saying Dixie won't be in due to Diddy's color swap.
I think its pretty safe to say they never preplanned Inklings, though, and a LOT of people assumed that. You also have to realize that all of these things were when the characters were already in the game, meanwhile there's a ton of DLC costumes for characters that won't be playable in the first set alone.

Yes, there is Link. It hardly looks like Link (its just his clothes), and he's already in the game. There's also Dunban, X, and Protoman.

Inklings could still get in, but do you honestly believe they would've been planned out in advance and they NOT announced that cross-promotion? No, of course not. They would've simply announced Inklings as playable characters in Smash Bros. They didn't do that; they announced Inkling costumes (extremely DETAILED Inkling costumes, mind you), instead.

Its safe to say they never planned Inklings in advance. They -could- still add them, but it'd have to be from getting overwhelming support in the ballot, which is questionable. Most simply thought they would happen as a cross-promotion, which obviously is not the case at this point. (Granted, I never thought that, personally.)

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I think its pretty safe to say they never preplanned Inklings, though, and a LOT of people assumed that. You also have to realize that all of these things were when the characters were already in the game, meanwhile there's a ton of DLC costumes for characters that won't be playable in the first set alone.

Yes, there is Link. It hardly looks like Link (its just his clothes), and he's already in the game. There's also Dunban, X, and Protoman.

Inklings could still get in, but do you honestly believe they would've been planned out in advance and they NOT announced that cross-promotion? No, of course not. They would've simply announced Inklings as playable characters in Smash Bros. They didn't do that; they announced Inkling costumes (extremely DETAILED Inkling costumes, mind you), instead.

Its safe to say they never planned Inklings in advance. They -could- still add them, but it'd have to be from getting overwhelming support in the ballot, which is questionable. Most simply thought they would happen as a cross-promotion, which obviously is not the case at this point. (Granted, I never thought that, personally.)
Exactly how I feel about the whole Inkling thing. Those costumes are DETAILED, like...they look exactly like real inklings. Don't see them coming in as dlc at this point but IF, and only IF they won the ballot 2x over I could see them having a chance on the main roster.

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Like i said in the Bandana Dee Thread, I don’t think the Incklings were deconfirmed per say, but the costumes don’t help their chances.

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
So its on the topic of K Rool but not gaming related. I was planning on going to Connecticon this year as King K Rool and was gonna ask this thread if anyone knows a good place to get a crocodile mask to work with. The rest of the costume should be fine but the mask is giving me trouble. Any Ideas?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Still waiting for our finest hour.
As most of you know I am a supporter of the big goofball with a magical singing voice.
But I don't want him to join alone.
I want both Dixie and K Rool to join the battle.
In the best case scenario I want him first because villains and heavy weights are something we need really badly in this game.
Due to the lack of Wolf (for the time being)
Either way they both need their smashing debut.
K rool is a must for this roster be it before of after ballot.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm hoping a dual Dixie-K. Rool trailer where it starts out as just a trailer for Dixie, then at the end, during the Smash Bros. logo, it pans out to reveal the trailer being watched on a TV in King K. Rool's base. He throws the remote into the TV and breaks it, then gears up and it begins his trailer instead.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
16 out of 20 down. (Getting kind of effeminate now, eh? :D )

(I don't know what on earth is happening with his other arm on the back swing either. Once I'm done I'll go over it and tweak it. There's a bunch of things that break the immersion by being out of flow/sync but the more I can smooth it out the better the overall GIF will look)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know why, but I keep thinking of that trophy description for K. Rool and keep imagining that he will be in the next DKC, but not in the way you'd imagine.

Like, K. Rool tries to make his glorious return to terrorize the Kongs, but a new, much worse villain steals his thunder in the middle of it. Outraged at being upstaged, he (temporarily) teams up with Donkey Kong to kick the new villain's ass.
....then when the new villain is defeated, K. Rool steals whatever artifact they had that was the source of their power and becomes the final boss since the alliance is now terminated.

It could even be role reversal where DK is normally the one giving piggyback rides to the other Kongs, he hitches a ride on K. Rool's back if need be. :awesome:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why, but I keep thinking of that trophy description for K. Rool and keep imagining that he will be in the next DKC, but not in the way you'd imagine.

Like, K. Rool tries to make his glorious return to terrorize the Kongs, but a new, much worse villain steals his thunder in the middle of it. Outraged at being upstaged, he (temporarily) teams up with Donkey Kong to kick the new villain's ***.
....then when the new villain is defeated, K. Rool steals whatever artifact they had that was the source of their power and becomes the final boss since the alliance is now terminated.

It could even be role reversal where DK is normally the one giving piggyback rides to the other Kongs, he hitches a ride on K. Rool's back if need be. :awesome:
That's part of the reason why I was so peeved with Cranky's playable status in Tropical Freeze. I wanted K. Rool as a buddy!!

D

Deleted member

That's part of the reason why I was so peeved with Cranky's playable status in Tropical Freeze. I wanted K. Rool as a buddy!!
He was too busy preparing to freeze DK Isle and setting up the Viking costumes for him and his crew when someone beat him to the punch. :troll:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I'd like to a hear a new remix of it maybe with the jolly roger intro then cuts to a rock theme of it, that'd be cool.Something like this:

I wish the K. Rool Medley in Omni's recent video render of K. Rool was made as a real official theme though, could be a nice alt. one for the stage.
This may sound stupid, but the only reason I know this song exists was because of this video:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Like, K. Rool tries to make his glorious return to terrorize the Kongs, but a new, much worse villain steals his thunder in the middle of it. Outraged at being upstaged, he (temporarily) teams up with Donkey Kong to kick the new villain's ***.

Honestly, I COULD see them add K. Rool as a playable character, I honestly can. Obviously K. Rool would never willingly work alongside DK, but he might do so for a common goal.

TallT

Smash Apprentice

Funny enough I was think of the exact same scenario just the other day. Guess great minds think alike.

Although now that I think about it playing as K. Rool may be better suited for a DK 64 type of game instead of DKC since that game had so many characters each with unique abilities. I can already imagine K. Rool using his blunderbuss in a 3D environment to solve puzzles in the same fashion as DK 64 gameplay.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman

Ehh... No. I don't wan't K. Rool to become friendly as Bowser has become. Really, nobody takes Bowser seriously anymore, now he's more like a goofy antagonist-wanna-be instead of the demonic and tyrannic turtle king who terrorizes the Mushroom Kingdom that he should be, and in fact was in the classic Mario games.

I don't want that to happen to King K, I want him to keep his charm of being tremendously feared and ruthless while doing stupidities. I like to think of K Rool as a similar character to the Joker tbh, and that dangerous insanity is precisely one of the things I really love in both characters.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Ehh... No. I don't wan't K. Rool to become friendly as Bowser has become. Really, nobody takes Bowser seriously anymore, now he's more like a goofy antagonist-wanna-be instead of the demonic and tyrannic turtle king who terrorizes the Mushroom Kingdom that he should be, and in fact was in the classic Mario games.

I don't want that to happen to King K, I want him to keep his charm of being tremendously feared and ruthless while doing stupidities. I kinda think of K Rool as a similar personality as the Joker tbh, and that dangerous insanity is precisely what I love in both characters.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

Don't worry. I'm not making this a thing. But I was considering a few minutes ago what @ BKupa666 BKupa666 said about making it trolly and before I knew it this was on my screen. Don't know whether to be proud or ashamed.

Keeping this for posterity. And let the record stand it coulda been worse.
I considered K. Rool strutting down a street/road with a billboard advertising a new buddy movie called "Dong and Dong-er".

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think K Rool wiil have a voice like in barrel blast? Or is gonna have realistic animal grunts ?

That would be Great! Maybe the tikis and the Snowmads team up and now its up to DK and K Rool to stop them!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I don't want that to happen to King K, I want him to keep his charm of being tremendously feared and ruthless while doing stupidities. I like to think of K Rool as a similar character to the Joker tbh, and that dangerous insanity is precisely one of the things I really love in both characters.
I'm not sure if you read it correctly. Of course K. Rool doesn't become friendly. Basically, the entire idea behind it is a shaky alliance. K. Rool begrudgingly works with the Kongs, then betrays them after the fact anyway.

Honestly, I can blatantly see K. Rool trying to get friendly with the Kongs only to backstab them later. That's just how he is. He'll do anything to accomplish his goals. Personally I love this idea.

StormC

Smash Hero
Do you guys think K Rool wiil have a voice like in barrel blast? Or is gonna have realistic animal grunts ?
I'm expecting either reused voice samples from Jungle Climber/Barrel Blast/Sluggers or stock animal sounds.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, I finally did! I got all 3,821 collectable in Donkey Kong 64 (Wii U Virtual Console). Time for the final battle with our King!

So what's going on in the Kroc's powerful kountry?

Top Bottom