• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Burruni

Smash Hero
So Porky is basically Metal Face. Huh
Porky was Giygas's lackey and honestly the "Body" for him throughout a fair amount of Mother 2 (Earthbound). He's a "best friend-turned evil," almost more comparable to Gary Oak than Metal Face.

In Mother 3 he's Emperor Palpatine with his army of PorkTroopers who controls people with the power of TV, Big City Dreams, and Capitalism while trying to use the Masked Man to pluck the 7 Needles sealing an ancient diety of unmatched power.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
16 out of 20 down. (Getting kind of effeminate now, eh? :D )

(I don't know what on earth is happening with his other arm on the back swing either. Once I'm done I'll go over it and tweak it. There's a bunch of things that break the immersion by being out of flow/sync but the more I can smooth it out the better the overall GIF will look)

Wow superb work!

Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
If this place has a supporter list like the Wolf DLC thread does,hit me up on that supporter list.We need something to show Sakurai isn't all caught up in bias land.
Found this on Google images,thought it was funny.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
If this place has a supporter list like the Wolf DLC thread does,hit me up on that supporter list.We need something to show Sakurai isn't all caught up in bias land.
Found this on Google images,thought it was funny.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I support! I'd love to see this guy get his dues in Smash.
Welkome welkome me hearties!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, what are the odds of the king being revealed as DLC AFTER the ballot thing ends in October? Just wondering.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, what are the odds of the king being revealed as DLC AFTER the ballot thing ends in October? Just wondering.
...His only odds, frankly.

It's been made clear that Nintendo is taking requests for characters to be added as DLC. The time to put things in FOR the ballot closes in October. We could very well see 3-5 of these characters released over the span of 2016. King K. Rool, Isaac, Inklings, Bandana Dee, and Dixie being the big 5 newcomers in terms of chance getting their victory out by the ballot.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I don't think it's necessarily out of character for K. Rool to team with the Kongs. While it was a spin-off, he teamed with them in Mario Super Sluggers just to win at baseball, so if the stakes were high enough, I think it'd be believable. I wouldn't want K. Rool's villainy to be diluted as to be compared with the likes of Bowser and Robotnik, though. If he ever ends up joining forces with the Kongs, the motivator should be serious enough to make it justifiable, and it should be clearly shown that K. Rool is only seeking to use the Kongs to further his own end and then dispose of them as soon as his goal is accomplished.

It is true that Bowser became more interesting as a character after he started becoming more of an occasional ally to Mario, and if handled similarly, I could see K. Rool becoming more developed in a similar way. They'd just have to make sure not to compromise any of his villainy.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
...His only odds, frankly.

It's been made clear that Nintendo is taking requests for characters to be added as DLC. The time to put things in FOR the ballot closes in October. We could very well see 3-5 of these characters released over the span of 2016. King K. Rool, Isaac, Inklings, Bandana Dee, and Dixie being the big 5 newcomers in terms of chance getting their victory out by the ballot.
In regards of the bolded part, I figured.

I can see K. Rool being in the top five voted characters in the ballot. If he has a high amount of votes, and is nonetheless NOT included in the game, then I'll believe something is wrong with Nintendo.

Well, with ballot characters most likely being worked on after Nintendo, that makes me think about who may be the last two of the five other DLC characters we'll get beforehand. (We have Lucas and possibly Roy and Ryu. There are two more we don't know about, but maybe we'll find out at E3)

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
About the K. Rool teams up with DK scenario:

What if K. Rool doesn't team up with them, and is like a third, independent, character in the story.
He says, he will stop the ultimate evil and save the world (Indiana K. Rool, anyone?), but becomes a rather annoying part during the story. You have to fight against him a few times, but then towards the end K. Rool doesn't show up anymore.
Then, when DK wins against the bad guy and the world seems saved, it is revealed that either K. Rool has planed to snatch the power of the bad guy (maybe a specific object that gave the bad guy the power in first place) all along, or it is revealed that he even summoned this evil guy. And at the end he becomes an EPIC final boss.
This does sound a lot like Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, doesn't it? (Stupid Bowser!! Why couldn't I beat you!?)

Yet, I can't see how something like this could happen in a DK game... Unless we get a DK RPG. :rolleyes:
But personally, I don't think we will ever get a DK RPG... :c
(And I hope so, becaouse I'm freakin' bad at RPGs!!)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I've always wanted a DK RPG. Seems there's no demand for such a thing, but it'd be a good way to dust off a lot of the unused and forgotten characters the series has accumulated over the years.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
16 out of 20 down. (Getting kind of effeminate now, eh? :D )

(I don't know what on earth is happening with his other arm on the back swing either. Once I'm done I'll go over it and tweak it. There's a bunch of things that break the immersion by being out of flow/sync but the more I can smooth it out the better the overall GIF will look)
The finest works the finest hour of the greatest king of all.

StormC

Smash Hero
Well, with ballot characters most likely being worked on after Nintendo, that makes me think about who may be the last two of the five other DLC characters we'll get beforehand. (We have Lucas and possibly Roy and Ryu. There are two more we don't know about, but maybe we'll find out at E3)
There's no reason to assume we have five more pre-ballot DLC characters on the way. The blocks on the site change on mobile.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't think it's necessarily out of character for K. Rool to team with the Kongs. While it was a spin-off, he teamed with them in Mario Super Sluggers just to win at baseball, so if the stakes were high enough, I think it'd be believable. I wouldn't want K. Rool's villainy to be diluted as to be compared with the likes of Bowser and Robotnik, though. If he ever ends up joining forces with the Kongs, the motivator should be serious enough to make it justifiable, and it should be clearly shown that K. Rool is only seeking to use the Kongs to further his own end and then dispose of them as soon as his goal is accomplished.

It is true that Bowser became more interesting as a character after he started becoming more of an occasional ally to Mario, and if handled similarly, I could see K. Rool becoming more developed in a similar way. They'd just have to make sure not to compromise any of his villainy.
Provided that KKR is written well if teaming up, I can see this working.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There's no reason to assume we have five more pre-ballot DLC characters on the way. The blocks on the site change on mobile.
Perhaps so, but what about the data leak that was found after Mewtwo was released to Club Nintendo owners? The one with the five "Marios" that could possibly be placeholders for other DLC characters?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Perhaps so, but what about the data leak that was found after Mewtwo was released to Club Nintendo owners? The one with the five "Marios" that could possibly be placeholders for other DLC characters?
Yes. There were 5 "Mario"s after Mewtwo. :4lucas:1 :roypm:2 Ryu 3 :wolf:4, and then the 5th is the ground for at least 1 Ballot character with more being able to be added at any point of time. That's ONE theory.

There are a multitude of ways to interpret this. All it means is that they put tenative data into the game as place holders that currently accommodate 5 characters after Mewtwo.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yes. There were 5 "Mario"s after Mewtwo. :4lucas:1 :roypm:2 Ryu 3 :wolf:4, and then the 5th is the ground for at least 1 Ballot character with more being able to be added at any point of time. That's ONE theory.

There are a multitude of ways to interpret this. All it means is that they put tenative data into the game as place holders that currently accommodate 5 characters after Mewtwo.
I see. I do think those "Marios" are rather tentative myself. Ryu, Lucas, Roy and Wolf make sense, but I still have a feeling that the last character will be someone unexpected, and not someone from the ballot. It may be just me, but I have a feeling that will be the case. Still, it is just one of a "multitude of ways" of looking at it, I guess.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I see. I do think those "Marios" are rather tentative myself. Ryu, Lucas, Roy and Wolf make sense, but I still have a feeling that the last character will be someone unexpected, and not someone from the ballot. It may be just me, but I have a feeling that will be the case. Still, it is just one of a "multitude of ways" of looking at it, I guess.
My grounds for it is because of the timing with bi-monthly pre-ballot characters being revealed.

:4mewtwo: April :4lucas:June (Ryu) in August :roypm: in October :wolf: in December. The next year then is for the Ballot characters.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My grounds for it is because of the timing with bi-monthly pre-ballot characters being revealed.

:4mewtwo: April :4lucas:June (Ryu) in August :roypm: in October :wolf: in December. The next year then is for the Ballot characters.
It does make sense, and the logic is good, but I don't know. I still think the last character is a preplanned character and not a ballot character. It's just this feeling I have, probably because I don't think they will reveal ballot characters until all five characters are released.

StormC

Smash Hero
Okay, this is my first time hearing about this. Can someone post a link with further information?

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Here is the deal about K.Rool, his objective is the Banana Hoard, and the torment, and eventual destruction of the Kongs. However, If you had someone else take the hoard, neutralize K.Rool's Troops, and capturing him(explaining his long absence) then oppress the Kongs. What better way to get revenge on both sides, then to take on the guise of a hero after being rescued by DK, belittling the Kongs while working with them, secretly building support, and studying the kong's strengths and weaknesses, then after beating the other Faction, his built forces appear after stranding the Kongs in a trap. After fighting them in his hero guise, he flees taking on his final identity while the Kongs make his way through his bases, some based off his previous conquests and appearances until they face his final appearance. Make him playable until the reveal of his reformed army then lock him until game completion

Also in regards to dlc reveals, I think they may start ramping it up to two at a time as they streamline the process

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Okay, this is my first time hearing about this. Can someone post a link with further information?
http://masterherald.com/super-smash...-mii-fighter-outfits-confirms-nintendo/16120/

Last month, it was reported that “Super Smash Bros 4” on Nintendo’s Wii U/3DS will get more characters very soon.

There have been reports that Ryu of the “Street Fighter” fame and Roy of “Fire Emblem” will be making their way to the “Super Smash Bros 4” primarily based on some background music files found on the 3DS version of the game.

Although the files are not definitive and cannot confirm whether the two fighters will be coming to the game as DLC fighters or not, latest developments related to new characters coming to Super Smash Bros 4 may have spill the beans on Nintendo’s newest plan to bring more excitement to the fighting video game.

An avid gamer of “Super Smash Bros 4” who has been exploring and mining the 3DS version’s data recently discovered that there are five character slots available after Mewtwo, who is the first Super Smash Bros 4 DLC fighter.

The empty character slots are currently labeled “Mario” as a placeholder. This discovery may have revealed Nintendo’s plans to add even more playable fighters to the game.

Of the five slots, the first one is already known because it is going to Lucas, the second DLC fighter announced by Nintendo. However, the four slots still remain a mystery. Linking up the report about Ryu and Roy, it seems likely that these two characters will fill up the two slots, leaving the two other slots still a mystery.
Also...

http://pastebin.com/fd48ecF7

Look after Mewtwo on line 55.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Man, Nintendo really screwed the pooch on this one if these are actual legitimate leaks.

StormC

Smash Hero
Now that I think about it, it's very feasible these are just placeholders and after Royu, they plan on adding only two ballot characters.

But that's just one theory of many.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I was thinking about my K. Rool drawings from lately...
When I showed you the teaser I already had one costume finished.
Then, just one day after the teaser, I finished this one, too.
The reason, I didn't show them to you yet, is that I also wanted to draw one design for him, that doesn't existed yet.
But I still have to think about how it'll look like and how I'll bring it to life.
Then I drew other drawings, and I think I'll even do more others, before K. Rool.

So, I'll show you now the ones I already finished, and, hopefully, any time soon I'll be able to manage to start the new costumes!

Here they are!

1. Pharaoh K. Rool: Yes, I draw his design from Sluggers, because I actually like this game... If you'd rather like him to not have this costume, just ignore it, it isn't there! Okay...
2. Pilot K. Rool: This one was tricky to draw, beacuse the following picture is the only one of him I've found. Yet, I think it turned out beautiful!
I hope you enjoy! :colorful:

(Here they are all together... so beautiful!)

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
If we ever get K.Rool as DLC (which is looking hopeful from all the results I've seen), I'm honestly expecting something iconic to K.Rool's character to be the stage he gets.

Which would probably mean Gangplank Galleon. :p

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Okay, I was thinking about my K. Rool drawings from lately...
When I showed you the teaser I already had one costume finished.
Then, just one day after the teaser, I finished this one, too.
The reason, I didn't show them to you yet, is that I also wanted to draw one design for him, that doesn't existed yet.
But I still have to think about how it'll look like and how I'll bring it to life.
Then I drew other drawings, and I think I'll even do more others, before K. Rool.

So, I'll show you now the ones I already finished, and, hopefully, any time soon I'll be able to manage to start the new costumes!

Here they are!

1. Pharaoh K. Rool: Yes, I draw his design from Sluggers, because I actually like this game... If you'd rather like him to not have this costume, just ignore it, it isn't there! Okay...
2. Pilot K. Rool: This one was tricky to draw, beacuse the following picture is the only one of him I've found. Yet, I think it turned out beautiful!
I hope you enjoy! :colorful:

(Here they are all together... so beautiful!)
Beautiful. A true masterpiece.

Burruni

Smash Hero
What's the current Kutthroat count?
....On that note, am I present on the list? Because while I don't actively campaign for the Kroc I at least expect him to come in and include him on practically any speculatory roster now. The fact that I didn't earlier throughout this game was... honestly due to not really thinking on how much he truly deserved a spot.

Top Bottom