• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MainJPW

M.T.A
....On that note, am I present on the list? Because while I don't actively campaign for the Kroc I at least expect him to come in and include him on practically any speculatory roster now. The fact that I didn't earlier throughout this game was... honestly due to not really thinking on how much he truly deserved a spot.
That list hasn't been updated since December.

StormC

Smash Hero
BKupa has said the kutthroat list has grown too much in 2015 to update. There should probably be a note about that on the front page.

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, I dunno why people seem to think K. Rool getting a stage is a sure thing. Character-centric stages have never been a thing, and only one DLC stage has been announced so far.

Not that it wouldn't be great, but I'd rather not get my hopes up.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Also, I dunno why people seem to think K. Rool getting a stage is a sure thing. Character-centric stages have never been a thing, and only one DLC stage has been announced so far.

It's more that Gangplank Galleon would be an iconic DK stage more than just being "K.Rool's stage", really.

MainJPW

M.T.A

There were extra stage slots found in the patch data as well as music for a Kirby stage; It's something.

StormC

Smash Hero
Fair enough. I'm personally someone who wants to not be a big dreamer about Smash; been there, done that.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
And those stage slots will probably be either DLC stages or they were cut stages; and I'm leaning more towards DLC stages.

But if the Kirby music is for an upcoming stage, than which stage will it be?

StormC

Smash Hero
I have to admit I'm pretty bummed these datamining leaks might have already shown Sakurai's hand. Was hoping for some more big surprises, but we still don't know the who or what, I guess.

well there is the huge evidence for dreamland 64.

(2 music tracks and kirby characters randomly going to battlefield after the update in which the music files were found)

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet
I've been a big K. Rool supporter for a while, so I thought I'd drop a post here. It looks like you guys have been doing a great job with keeping the K. Rool support alive and hopefully it'll continue to prosper.

Here's to hoping that the glorious king will finally make his long awaited arrival!

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I've been a big K. Rool supporter for a while, so I thought I'd drop a post here. It looks like you guys have been doing a great job with keeping the K. Rool support alive and hopefully it'll continue to prosper.

Here's to hoping that the glorious king will finally make his long awaited arrival!
Welkome aboard!

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
There are enough c's replaced with k's in this thread alone to rival the entirety of a Mortal Kombat message board. Or should I say, Kommunity forum?

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Yes. There were 5 "Mario"s after Mewtwo. :4lucas:1 :roypm:2 Ryu 3 :wolf:4, and then the 5th is the ground for at least 1 Ballot character with more being able to be added at any point of time. That's ONE theory.

There are a multitude of ways to interpret this. All it means is that they put tenative data into the game as place holders that currently accommodate 5 characters after Mewtwo.
What if after more DLC,more Mario spots get added?
WHAT IF WOLF IS NOT KILL?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
What if after more DLC,more Mario spots get added?
WHAT IF WOLF IS NOT KILL?
That's entirely possible those spots didn't show up till Mewtwo it's possible they could add more down the road. Thing is Smash is Nintendos cash cow you have to think a new smash isn't coming for maybe 6 years away? Of course Nintendo is going to want to ride this gravy train. We could see quite a bit of DLC.... Sakurai said he wanted to do as much DLC as possible for the fans.

StormC

Smash Hero
Wolf not being preplanned DLC definitely doesn't make him kill, with his huge popularity.

D

Deleted member

I don't know why, but I keep thinking of that trophy description for K. Rool and keep imagining that he will be in the next DKC, but not in the way you'd imagine.

Like, K. Rool tries to make his glorious return to terrorize the Kongs, but a new, much worse villain steals his thunder in the middle of it. Outraged at being upstaged, he (temporarily) teams up with Donkey Kong to kick the new villain's ***.
....then when the new villain is defeated, K. Rool steals whatever artifact they had that was the source of their power and becomes the final boss since the alliance is now terminated.

It could even be role reversal where DK is normally the one giving piggyback rides to the other Kongs, he hitches a ride on K. Rool's back if need be. :awesome:
I will have to admit that this would be very interesting to see. I haven't thought about the potential for a playable King K. Rool outside of Smash for a while and this would be a nice surprise.

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
The character development we got from Bowser in the RPGs is the fact that he actually likes Peach and is kind of an idiot. That's why almost every villain that shows up in an RPG upstages him. In fact I'd say Bowser got better development in Dream Team and Bowser's Inside Story where he was still actively working against the Mario Bros and didn't manage to damage his villain cred for the flavor of the month.

There is more ways to show character development than making the him team up with the Kongs... You just have to get him to talk more, it's as simple as that. Look how Fredrik an Tiki Tong turned out... One was just wooden and the other was K. Rool lite (in the little personality he did have.). Show his relationship with his people, with someone like Kalypso being Kif to K. Rool's Zap Brannigan. Play up his craziness with the absurdity of schemes. Pharaoh K. Rool plans to try to control all of reality. K. Roolius Caesar wants to use a thermonuclear bomb to overheat the earth so the only ones able to survive are the cold blooded reptiles (it wouldn't work like that, as the annihilation of all but reptile life would still be bad for the reptiles, but the Kremlings and their leader are pretty dumb and don't think that far) etc. It would be nice to see a goofy cartoony recurring villain who manages to remain completely and utterly nasty. Unredeemable. Let's not let all the villains from more serious series have all the fun.

Trying to stop a bigger threat? K. Rool IS that bigger threat. I was hoping that the Snowmads only came out of nowhere to make Kong Island their new home because wherever they came from was invaded by Kremlings, so they decided to be jerks and move into someone else's home rather than try to take theirs back.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
BKupa has said the kutthroat list has grown too much in 2015 to update. There should probably be a note about that on the front page.
I'd say put keep putting the supporters on, that way you can show all the supporters, just look at how many I'm able to cram on page 1 of the Wolf thread, about 2410.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The character development we got from Bowser in the RPGs is the fact that he actually likes Peach and is kind of an idiot. That's why almost every villain that shows up in an RPG upstages him. In fact I'd say Bowser got better development in Dream Team and Bowser's Inside Story where he was still actively working against the Mario Bros and didn't manage to damage his villain cred for the flavor of the month.

There is more ways to show character development than making the him team up with the Kongs... You just have to get him to talk more, it's as simple as that. Look how Fredrik an Tiki Tong turned out... One was just wooden and the other was K. Rool lite (in the little personality he did have.). Show his relationship with his people, with someone like Kalypso being Kif to K. Rool's Zap Brannigan. Play up his craziness with the absurdity of schemes. Pharaoh K. Rool plans to try to control all of reality. K. Roolius Caesar wants to use a thermonuclear bomb to overheat the earth so the only ones able to survive are the cold blooded reptiles (it wouldn't work like that, as the annihilation of all but reptile life would still be bad for the reptiles, but the Kremlings and their leader are pretty dumb and don't think that far) etc. It would be nice to see a goofy cartoony recurring villain who manages to remain completely and utterly nasty. Unredeemable. Let's not let all the villains from more serious series have all the fun.

Trying to stop a bigger threat? K. Rool IS that bigger threat. I was hoping that the Snowmads only came out of nowhere to make Kong Island their new home because wherever they came from was invaded by Kremlings, so they decided to be jerks and move into someone else's home rather than try to take theirs back.
True. Most of K. Rool's personality (at least how I like to see him) comes from the DKC cartoon. I know his personality there is really different from the games, but I just prefer the cartoon incarnation more.

Nintendo should get back to allowing more such cartoons or animes like they did in the 90s. There's very little chance of it not paying off, and the series would do well with exposure like that.

:231:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Something that holds K.Rool back in terms of a fleshed out: DKC has next to no speaking characters, the only times K.Rool speaks are DKC3 and DK64 iirc, the latter being a great example, Bowser: Fleshed out in RPG games. Ganondorf: Zelda is text heavy at times. Ridley: Canonical manga in which he speaks
Found this too

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ashera of FE10 comes close to resetting all of time because Humans and Laguz are far too agressive a species and need to be taken back to a primordial stage to see if they'll "do better" with evolution on another ake.

Just one example.

Edit:

No... that's not exactly true.

Giygas is what remains of the festering rage of Gigue against Ninten and his family whose proximity to earth drew people and beasts to madness as he sent out Starmen to try to hunt down Ninten.
Ashera's really not evil, though. She's more of an anti-villain.

Here's the problem with that logic. As a single foe, K. Rool is an incredibly powerful threat in his own right. However, if his minions ever got the guts to turn on him, there's nothing he could do to stop them, and he's simply so kruel that his minions do actively hate him. He's simply the most powerful Kremling. If they were able to all actively turn against K. Rool, perhaps directed by another just-as-threatening villain (maybe one less kruel than he is), they COULD overthrow him and form an even bigger threat.

Single strength is not enough against hordes and hordes of foes. In such a circumstance, I could see K. Rool working alongside the kongs ever so briefly to try and reclaim his throne. Then immediately turn against the Kongs again. He absolutely HATES the Kongs, so he'd never willfully work with them, but there are definitely circumstances out of his control where he could accept that.

I mean, look at DKC3. He was still controlling his Kremling hordes, but using KAOS as a front instead of himself, because they actually stopped listening to him.

There's definitely ways to make it work well. K. Rool is an active thread because his strength also gives him a large quantity of followers. If they found someone else to follow, though, then his strength could not match up to the numbers.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That actually would be an amazing plot; Kremlings turning on their leader. Maybe this needs to happen like in mid-game or something? That a more potent Kremling leader who is far less cruel and more potent than King K.Rool takes over his position. I cannot quite imagine K.Rool working with DK and Diddy, but he could try and manipulate Cranky I guess...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That actually would be an amazing plot; Kremlings turning on their leader. Maybe this needs to happen like in mid-game or something? That a more potent Kremling leader who is far less cruel and more potent than King K.Rool takes over his position. I cannot quite imagine K.Rool working with DK and Diddy, but he could try and manipulate Cranky I guess...
No, I can't see any Kremling being more potent than K. Rool. Honestly, I'd argue that any villain who "replaces" K. Rool probably wouldn't be as effective at getting things done, said villain would just be nicer to the Kremlings and not abuse them for failures.

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
I figure the Kremlings are not very bright collectively. K. Rool is just one of the smarter ones which is why he's managed to be their leader for so long. His strength isn't purely physical, it's because he's a criminal mastermind that he's on top.

When they do eventually come back, we need to find a way to distance them as a race from the Snowmads since they were essentially Kremlings reskinned as arctic animals. I'm wondering how really. The only thing I could really think of is their relations to the other baddies. We saw that the Snowmads generally got along with the other enemies in the intro to Windmill hills. Maybe the Kremlings are bullies to the other animals that help them? Where there relationship is more slavery than a partnership? I dunno...

I figure their hierarchy would be
K. Rool
-
-
-
Kremlings
-
Everyone else.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Snowmads being similar to Kremlings could actually be a good thing. I didn't play Tropical Freeze yet, but it seems certain Tiki enemies also got replaced with Snowmad variations, like the flying fire Tiki and that Snowmad owl for example. Would it be that hard and do the same thing for Snowmads and Kremlings? I think not.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd like to see Klump upgraded to a boss or a sidekick. DKC doesn't quite have a lovable idiot.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd like to see Klump upgraded to a boss or a sidekick. DKC doesn't quite have a lovable idiot.

Canonically he was K. Rool's sidekick, but in gameplay he was a generic enemy. I'd definitely like to see him more fully upgraded, but ever since the original DKC he has been K. Rool's main sidekick story-wise. Krusha and Klump being his generals in the DKC cartoon IS actually canon to the games. At least the original DKC for Krusha.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Canonically he was K. Rool's sidekick, but in gameplay he was a generic enemy. I'd definitely like to see him more fully upgraded, but ever since the original DKC he has been K. Rool's main sidekick story-wise. Krusha and Klump being his generals in the DKC cartoon IS actually canon to the games. At least the original DKC for Krusha.
Is that so...it's a little hard to see it in the games as there as multiple Klumps and Krushas. Well, hopefully Retro translates it to the games.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I figure their hierarchy would be
K. Rool
-
-
-
Kremlings
-
Everyone else.
Actually:

K. Rool
K. Lumsy
-
-
Kremlings
-
Everyone else.

But no way K. Lumsy would do anything against K. Rool or his fellow Kremlings, well not intentionally, that is. :rolleyes:

Is that so...it's a little hard to see it in the games as there as multiple Klumps and Krushas. Well, hopefully Retro translates it to the games.

Yeah, and hopefully they remove the bucket from Paon's redesigns and put back the military helmet too.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Yeah, Klump and Krusha were namedropped in the original DKC manual as being K. Rool's generals.

Top Bottom