• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Burruni

Smash Hero
Miyamoto said Retro could work on 2 games at a time tho
This is the first I've heard of this. Do you have a source? I'd be pretty hype on knowing Retro's main staff is making say a Metroid game for WiiU and having a "sub team" so much as make the INFRASTRUCTURE for a DKCR3 with K. Rool and Kremlings.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's my favourite Retro related article for two reasons: Moar Prime and to shut up the people who can't appreciate DKCR
Gonna be honest. I like Other M more in gameplay than the prime games because I can buy the whole "authorization" system coming from a law enforcement family... and frankly it is only a problem ONCE and that's with the Varia suit "oh yeah you shouldn't have put your life at risk with the heat" issue and I just don't like FPS... or even TPS that much and far preferred the 2D metroid games, which Other M played more like.

But people like it and more Metroid is more lore for me to compound into the timeline.

Yay for DKCR3 hype tho.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Gonna be honest. I like Other M more in gameplay than the prime games because I can buy the whole "authorization" system coming from a law enforcement family... and frankly it is only a problem ONCE and that's with the Varia suit "oh yeah you shouldn't have put your life at risk with the heat" issue and I just don't like FPS... or even TPS that much and far preferred the 2D metroid games, which Other M played more like.

But people like it and more Metroid is more lore for me to compound into the timeline.

Yay for DKCR3 hype tho.
Ever played the Prime games before? I used to be the same, until I read Metroid Other M Elephant in the doom and bought MP3.
Wait...2 projects...K.Rool and Ridley alliance in a crossover confirmed!!!!!!!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ever played the Prime games before? I used to be the same, until I read Metroid Other M Elephant in the doom and bought MP3.
Wait...2 projects...K.Rool and Ridley alliance in a crossover confirmed!!!!!!!
I played Prime 1, it was alright but hard for me to adjust.
Prime 2 was BAD for me.
i've heard Prime 3 is a bit better, namely due to being on the Wii... but I haven't gone to it. I respect the Prime games and what not but I heavily prefer the 2D style.

Edit: I watched through an LP of Prime 3 and got no drive to play it, especially with how prolonged and dull the bosses seemed to be and the level design being.... okay.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I played Prime 1, it was alright but hard for me to adjust.
Prime 2 was BAD for me.
i've heard Prime 3 is a bit better, namely due to being on the Wii... but I haven't gone to it. I respect the Prime games and what not but I heavily prefer the 2D style.
Motion controls are best controls ^-^ **** Prime 2. Oh Prime 2, your hint system won't tell me where the keys are, tell me! "It's in a corridor" I dread DK64

Burruni

Smash Hero
In the words of Yoko Littner: "Oh yeah? Well I'm a woman!"
Speaking of 64, I've really grown on the theme and has the second best remix I found, first being Smashified
Let me summarize DK64
It's a lot of backtracking and arbitrary "you do this thing BUT ONLY WITH THIS ONE CHARACTER and then THIS thing happened."

Edit: With the best intro for any game ever and a lot of OOOH BANANA

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Let me summarize DK64
It's a lot of backtracking and arbitrary "you do this thing BUT ONLY WITH THIS ONE CHARACTER and then THIS thing happened."

Edit: With the best intro for any game ever and a lot of OOOH BANANA
Lucky for 64 I'm a Metroid fangirl, so I'm used to backtracking. Especially in Echoes. **** that game. K.Rool needs to have DK64 influence in his moveset and his 64 remix in the game for it to make me run around the house with multiple squeals of joy

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I actually love the activity in this thread.

It's always interesting to see what's going on in K. Rooltown today. :3

D

Deleted member

One reason I hate this thread is because so many people post so fast and I try to read every post. It gets frustrating.
If anything, the fact that the thread is going as fast as it is now is a good thing because it implies more people are supporting King K. Rool's inclusion.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

Sharon Spits from Braceface is also voting for the king of the Kremlings.
I forgot this show even existed. Ah, good ol' Nelvana. Do you know which Canadian animated series I like more?

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
In the words of Yoko Littner: "Oh yeah? Well I'm a woman!"
Speaking of 64, I've really grown on the theme and has the second best remix I found, first being Smashified
Liked for Gurren Lagann quote.

I forgot this show even existed. Ah, good ol' Nelvana. Do you know which Canadian animated series I like more?

image.jpg

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
People talking **** about DK64 and the Prime games?

Other M better than the Prime Series in any way? Puh-lease! The Deleter was one of the absolute worst pieces of **** story elements to ever drive a game. Other M had one of the most horrific stories I've ever seen.

Even if the authorization would make sense in law enforcement context, as I recall Samus was working on her own, and only took orders from Adam "out of respect", which made zero sense in context of Samus' character to this point.

And the motherhood metaphors. And the insufferable "villainy" of Madeline Bergman.

I applaud Team Ninja for the gameplay being good, but all the story elements including the incredibly arbitrary ability gating made the game barely a 4/10. Anthony helped a bit, as he was the only passable character including Ssmus herself.

Even if the Prime series wasn't for you, Other M was the worst slap in the face...

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Has any new info came around about K. Rools position among Japanese fans? Japanese gamers on K. Rools side and staying there would be a nice boon to have. I know he's popular over there but last I saw he's a middle of the pack character.

I know the Splatoon costumes look a lot like the characters but I feel like the release of Splatoon is going to cause of a lot of spontaneous Inkling votes......

Burruni

Smash Hero

Other M better than the Prime Series in any way? Puh-lease! The Deleter was one of the absolute worst pieces of **** story elements to ever drive a game. Other M had one of the most horrific stories I've ever seen.

Even if the authorization would make sense in law enforcement context, as I recall Samus was working on her own, and only took orders from Adam "out of respect", which made zero sense in context of Samus' character to this point.

And the motherhood metaphors. And the insufferable "villainy" of Madeline Bergman.

I applaud Team Ninja for the gameplay being good, but all the story elements including the incredibly arbitrary ability gating made the game barely a 4/10. Anthony helped a bit, as he was the only passable character including Ssmus herself.

Even if the Prime series wasn't for you, Other M was the worst slap in the face...
You realize I complimented it on gameplay alone, yes?

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario

Who doesn't like Mysterious Black Dude?

(Anthony Higgs for Smash 5. Adam alt to enduce rage. :troll::salt::salt:)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You realize I complimented it on gameplay alone, yes?
True, but my point was more that the rest of the game is abyssmal enough to make even the weaker parts of the Prime series seem decent.

And I've been through Other M 100%, too. Sorry, it's a bit of soft spot for me. Carry on!

Who doesn't like Mysterious Black Dude?

(Anthony Higgs for Smash 5. Adam alt to enduce rage. :troll::salt::salt:)
Would actually not hate Anthony being in Smash. He's awesome. Adam can stay the hell away. I hate that ****** SO much.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Both Anthony Higgs and Brash the Bear would be amazing. Brash, number one on Riverside Dash.., watch him SMASH the table and CRASH his competition everywhere. Cause, you know, OG Rarebare- that's how we roll. Brown bear with a temper, master in diving through water through Riverside like an ember, fire, inferno. Created by Rareware, owned by Nintendo. OG Rarebare, holding the record over the story's hero. Vote for Brash, cause his ballot votes might count just about zero.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
I always liked the idea of Bowser, Ganon, K rool and Ridley being super evil besties meanwhile Dedede want's to be part of the group but they would let him because he ain't a real villain. :laugh:

Brash the Bear > Irrelevant Arrogant Black Dude. :smirk:

I know this is a joke but I hate it when people say that their character are shoo-in's, I guess you can say it drive's me Krazy. :laugh:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
That thread was 4chan flame-war 2.0 when I had checked it.
If you had checked it before that the troll and the haters who only hate to hat, you would have see all the fun, the love and the hapiness that space pirates procure to each other.

Top Bottom