• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Since Bowser has Bowser Jr., does anyone think K. Rool Jr. should be a thing?
Kass and Kip fill that roll nicely even though they aren't K Rool's kids. I'd love to see the original Paon Kremlings from barrel blast be bosses in a new DKC. Kludge would make for a great boss fight and maybe Kass and Kip could control a giant mech together or something like Bowser Jr.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I played it too. I still have it. I do think the original kremlings from that game should be used in the future for something.

Last edited:

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Both Anthony Higgs and Brash the Bear would be amazing. Brash, number one on Riverside Dash.., watch him SMASH the table and CRASH his competition everywhere. Cause, you know, OG Rarebare- that's how we roll. Brown bear with a temper, master in diving through water through Riverside like an ember, fire, inferno. Created by Rareware, owned by Nintendo. OG Rarebare, holding the record over the story's hero. Vote for Brash, cause his ballot votes might count just about zero.
Yes! Brash would be perfect for Smash Bros! He's fit, athletic, powerful enough to cause trees to fall into a river forming a bridge just from slamming his fists down on a table. He even competes in the Riverside Race and got the high score! Remember that?

Vote 4 Brash. Smash needs bear representation.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I-I played it...
Me too! And I actually enjoyed it the game. Although I thought the Kremling Kids and Kalypso were a bit off. It's cool for Bowser to have that kind of thing, but K. Rool is a very different villain that can't go home and be a family kroc have goofy spinoff children.

StormC

Smash Hero
Don't worry, I like it just fine. It's not great or anything but it's perfectly serviceable as a racer and has great DK fanservice.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Me too! And I actually enjoyed it the game. Although I thought the Kremling Kids and Kalypso were a bit off. It's cool for Bowser to have that kind of thing, but K. Rool is a very different villain that can't go home and be a family kroc have goofy spinoff children.
Guile confirmed to be Klump in a suit.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Wait, so that means if we grow up our amiibo will beat the **** out of us?

I say this is the list of the 5 most evil to me from what I've seen
Porky
Ridley
Xenoblade final boss
Ganondorf
K.Rool
This, ridley is a cruel sadistic monster and a highly recognized force of command among a faction of intergalactic terrorists.(the space pirates ironically don't seem very interested in the whole piracy aspect) but porky/pokey's level douchebaggery in mother 3 is completely unrivaled, i'd talk more about how much of a horrible person porky is if it didn't spoil half the plot of mother 3.(let's just say he ruins a entire society and ecosystem and is responsible for what caused lucas's mom to die)
Gonna be honest. I like Other M more in gameplay than the prime games
I realy hope you didn't honestly like that trash plot and butchering "characterization" sakamoto gave samus. DKCR has proven that retro is very much solly competent at working in a oldschool 2d style so wether the next metroid is 2d or 3d i'd trust the future of metroid with retro wholeheartedly as they actually have respect for the source materials they work with. Anthony was the only good part of other m and honestly it would've been great if the game was just rewritten to be a buddy cop adventure with samus being all super serious and anthony snarking it up. That said, i already ban pyrosphere amonst my friends just so i can continue to pretend other m never happened XD

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
So, random question:

If Dixie turned out to be preplanned DLC... how badly do you think it would affect K. Rool's chances?

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, random question:

If Dixie turned out to be preplanned DLC... how badly do you think it would affect K. Rool's chances?
It'd hurt them a bit because DK gets so little in Smash as is but he is still likely to overrun the ballot, as far as newcomers go.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
i really doubt that's the case. as for how it'd affect his chances it depends on how much the results of the ballot actually matter.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, random question:

We'd lose the people who don't care about K. Rool and think "DK Rep" is all that matters, which is bad. Idealistically, it would motivate K. Rool's fans to vote more and put him higher up in the ballot. If he ranks highly enough, we could force a Sonic situation where they add him anyway because they can't justify not doing so.

Of course, the best course of action is packaging K. Rool and Dixie together. You can save on newcomer trailer resources by creating a single trailer instead of two for newcomers from different series, you can semi-clone Dixie for a slightly easier-than-average bonus newcomer, you can hype more fans than either one alone would and presumably add in a bunch of other DK content as well to sweeten the deal. Win win win win.

In other news, the Kremling Kampaign has expanded its efforts to Tumblr. If you're on the site, be sure to follow our new account so you can check out the content we post and hopefully reblog it for more publicity. There are already a fair number of K. Rool posts on there, but perhaps, with the proper messaging, we can take advantage of an untapped resource of Smash voters here.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I think the good news is the majority of the people who are going to vote have already, so if Dixie was announced, the amount of votes put in for K. Rool wouldn't disappear overnight.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
IF K. Rool takes the ballot box storm, clearly people want more DK newcomers anyway, certainly enough to get one from the seemingly important ballot.

So Dixie and K. Rool together would be highly possible, but I doubt Dixie is preplanned. Though I thought the same thing about Roy, because we have Lucina, and here we are.

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, BKupa, quick tip: posts only show up in the first five tags listed on Tumblr (but the rest will still show up in generic search).

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So, random question:

It would make a small dent in K. Rool's support (mainly just people who wanted a DK rep and didn't care about the character. I think we still would have this in the bag with the immense support K. Rool is getting from actual fans of the character not just randoms. Also off the topic here, does anyone just do things while listening to Jungle Challenge by David Wise for Yooka Laylee. ITS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It would make a small dent in K. Rool's support (mainly just people who wanted a DK rep and didn't care about the character. I think we still would have this in the bag with the immense support K. Rool is getting from actual fans of the character not just randoms. Also off the topic here, does anyone just do things while listening to Jungle Challenge by David Wise for Yooka Laylee. ITS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!
I seriously cannot stop listening to it. I can't believe we've got David and Grant together for the same soundtrack! That's like some dream come true only OC Remix has made real before. YES!!

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So, random question:

I feel it could go either way. Sure there's a lot of people who generally feel there should be a DK rep and support both Dixie and K. Rool but I don't know, In my mind wouldn't it be logical for those who are DK fans to then turn their votes to K. Rool? Personally if K. Rool was announced tomorrow id start voting for Dixie or Banjo and turn my attanetion to their support. I'd hope Dixie supporters would do the same for us.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I now have been thinking of one question: what will the kutthroats do when we succeed? it would be a shame to see the community of the kutthroats in which i have had the great pleasure of being able to participate in collapse after victory has been achieved.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I now have been thinking of one question: what will the kutthroats do when we succeed? it would be a shame to see the community of the kutthroats in which i have had the great pleasure of being able to participate in collapse after victory has been achieved.
We will all start a forum about Star Man from Pro Wrestling.

StormC

Smash Hero
We'll probably have an orgy in this very topic.

Also discuss character strategies, theorize about his attributes in pre-release, our likes and dislikes with K. Rool's portrayal, etc.

ChozoSapien

Smash Rookie
Huh. So today I found out that there are people who think other m is in any way superior to the prime games.

WELL TO EACH THEIR OWN I SUPPOZEZZ-*dies*

Also, after stalking this thread for so long I'm glad that there's other people who are rather fond of the idea of k rool donning a cowboy persona should he ever make a reappearance.

THE KROC WITH NO ROOL

StormC

Smash Hero
I actually don't know what happened to the other character threads in the long term after their characters were confirmed. Folks?

ChozoSapien

Smash Rookie
I believe new threads were created, actually. I know mega man got a new thread after he got confirmed

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I actually don't know what happened to the other character threads in the long term after their characters were confirmed. Folks?
They typically became social threads for that character's mains.

The same would happen here.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
We will go on being K. Rool faithfuls, and be a community. This is by far the best community I've had the pleasure of being a part of. I hope so hard that we get to celebrate the Kings return and then discuss him as an official fighter. Then our next quest is to get him back into DKC.

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's simple.
We slide on our shades.
Gel up our hair.
Assemble into a flash mob.
And start the music.

Hey! Smashers, the place just got krooler.
Watch out as we command the scene.
We got the most (Ungh!) and we aim to boast.
We're the most villanous thing from COAST TO COAST!

We're a speculator's nightmare and a Ridley fan's dream!
Our dongs are expanded. If ya know what I mean~

We are the Kutthroats! POW! The ballot's rocked!
And we're all set to kroc! Ungh!

We are the Kutthroats! POW! And here's a tip.
Yeah, it hurts to be this hip.

Krocks, ROCK! It's time to get krool now.
Set sail it's a smooth sail here.
Dig my scales, my claws and despair!
Step aside... SQUAAARES!

Edit: This is draft 1. If the kongmunity seriously wants this I will try to refine this a bit more and even record it.

Edit 2: Over a half hour set up here with only 2 likes. I'm gonna assume that everyone's asleep. Let me know how y'all feel when you wake up.

Last edited:

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
I played it too. I still have it. I do think the original kremlings from that game should be used in the future for something.
I agree, one of the ways to increase Donkey Kong's never too big rogues gallery is to add on what is there already, rather than starting with a clean slate every single time. We need some recurring baddies who are minions to K. Rool. After all Bowser has the Koopalings, Boom Boom, Kamek, Petey Piranha, King Boo, etc. All enemies who've shown their faces multiple times in the series.

Kalypso could be K. Rool's secretary or second in command since according to her European trophy in Brawl she's a "trong leader figure" and has "full trust of all the Kremling Krew" she would be loyal to her master, but shake her fist at him when he's not looking. Kind of like a Kip to K. Rool's Zap Brannigan (Futurama).

Kludge screams dumb muscle enforcer. Since Krusha is already a species of Kremling, Kludge could fill the role of giant brute... Of course he'd have to be a bit more fierce and violent than the Krusha of the TV show. I mean just look at him

His design is so [bleep]in' COOL. That's a boss fight the scale of Bashmaster's waiting to happen.

As far as Kip and Kass, I don't see them as being what Bowser Jr. or the Koopalings are to Bowser to K. Rool. In fact, K. Rool might not even know they exist. Think of them as extremely eager children to help the Kremling cause (which is world domination...).

I've been wondering when we'd see a Kremling town as the backdrop for a level. Kind of like how Treetop Town in the original DKC looked like it could have been a Kong inhabited community. There was the concept art for Tropical Freeze that looked to be the sequel to Krem Quay... but seeing as how that game went out of the way to have a lack of crocodiles, I'm sure the swamp houses were purely random.

This TOTALLY could be a Kremling town.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They typically became social threads for that character's mains.

The same would happen here.
That actually didn't happen with mine. My Mega Man thread is well, way down there and probably locked now. Then again, I didn't keep up properly updated, so yeah.

As for what I would do after King K. Rool gets in (should he be DLC), I'm plan on giving a big congratulation post celebrating his inclusion and the hard fight we did to get him in. But I likely won't be sticking in the long run as I doubt I will pick him up as more than a tertiary character although I might stop by to say something to the likes of "hi, remember the memories we had together as Kutthroats?".

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
I already main Ganondorf and Bowser so I'm definitely open to adding K. Rool to that rotation. It would be great to stomp around For Glory with the Kremling King. Still, his inclusion and representation is the biggest priority for me; Mega Man was my other most wanted character and I don't use him much (partially because I burnt out on him in the demo), but I'm still thrilled he's in.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Lol @ the Shrek/Krool comparison post in that tumblr. Never really realized until now just how similar they are..

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie and K.Rool in a double reveal trailer would just be the ultimate act of love I think.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lol @ the Shrek/Krool comparison post in that tumblr. Never really realized until now just how similar they are..
K. Rool is love, K. Rool is life.

It's simple.
We slide on our shades.
Gel up our hair.
Assemble into a flash mob.
And start the music.

Hey! Smashers, the place just got krooler.
Watch out as we command the scene.
We got the most (Ungh!) and we aim to boast.
We're the most villanous thing from COAST TO COAST!

Krocks, ROCK! It's time to get krool now.
Set sail it's a smooth sail here.
Dig my scales, my claws and despair!
Step aside... SQUAAARES!

Edit: This is draft 1. If the kongmunity seriously wants this I will try to refine this a bit more and even record it.

Edit 2: Over a half hour set up here with only 2 likes. I'm gonna assume that everyone's asleep. Let me know how y'all feel when you wake up.
Please do so, this truly expands my dong! :lick:

Top Bottom