• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
There was actually a fake leak on /v/ the other day with K. Rool and Isaac. Surely if the Smash zeitgeist has accepted K. Rool as a reality, that means it's meant to be, right?

StormC

Smash Hero
Yep, that's the one. Though, Sakurai is still Sakurai; K. Rool and Isaac are almost TOO logical as choices for DLC newcomers.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Eh, Lucas isn't exactly the smoking gun. As DLC you can choose what characters you want to download. But the K. Rool render's been used before.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^implying there was ever a time you could trust "leaks". Pokemon hoaxes for example were a thing since gen 2. XD

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
K. Rool and Isaac appearing would be interesting, to say the least.

It'd be two hot-topic picks from at least the Brawl days finally getting in on the action. Then we'd just need Dixie and Ridley and we'd pretty much have all the amazing hype fighters in the roster.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
This is more than likely fake, but something to look at nonetheless.

Smash Poll Early Results:

Japan:

1st: Inkling Girl/Boy
2nd: Krystal
3rd: Wolf
4th: Isaac
5th: Keita Amano
6th: Masked Man
7th: Ice Climbers
8th: Ivysaur
9th: Wonder-Red
10th: Viridi
11th: Snake
12th: King K. Rool
13th: Midna
14th: Ryu
15th: Amaterasu
16th: Squirtle
17th: Impa
18th: Toon Zelda
19th: Pichu
20th: Bayonetta

Americas:

1st: King K. Rool
2nd: Snake
4th: Paper Mario
5th: Ridley (what the hell, are you serious)
6th: Isaac
7th: Tails
8th: Shadow
9th: Young Link
10th: Shovel Knight
11th: Pichu
12th: Ghirahim
13th: Chrom
14th: Krystal
15th: Quote
16th: Simon Belmont
17th: Ryu
18th: Shantae
19th: Chorus Men
20th: Phoenix Wright

Link to this, more than likely, fake list - http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/293894756/smash-bros-early-ballot-results

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Inkling being at the top of the Japanese poll feels hard to believe, despite the rest being plausible.

EDIT: Masked Man and Viridi in the top ten of the Japanese poll? Pshaw.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
It does make me think it's feasible if we do only get two ballot characters, it'll be one from both the east and west, if the most voted in both isn't the same.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
wow.. i'm going to say it now looking at the supposed poll resuls so far. japan has inexplicably terrible taste.(seriously? pichu? toon zelda?) Viridi being top ten in the JP poll though? yeah.. not seeing this being real. I also find it funny that ryu is suddenly popular in both regions after the leak.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Banjo is not even there, while I don't support him, him not being in the top 20 is beyond ridiculous. Fake as f**k.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I just wonder how anyone would even get official poll results unless they worked for Nintendo.......I also feel like K. Rool is higher in Japan. Japan loves voting for those veterans though....

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman

Japan:

Americas:

Link to this, more than likely, fake list - http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/293894756/smash-bros-early-ballot-results
I call fake on this one.

Why? Because:
(Japan)
1. Keita Amano being that high - I googled him, he is from the makers of Professor Layton, but seriousely, no way.
2. Viridi - I heard she is popular, but I really don't think she'd be that high.
3. The whole list seems very random do me. No Paper Mario? I heared he is the most wanted Mario character in Japan.
4. Inkling on top - I don't believe they are THAT high

(America)
1. Ridley - I still love Ridley and such, but I think a lot of people gave up after the hole Boss situation.
2. Tails and Shadow - (Unless a few kids spammed the whole thing) I don't think BOTH would be that high.
3. Young Link (And Young Link before Shovel Knight) - 'Nuff Said
4. No Banjo - Yeah, he would be in top 20, I can guarantee that.
5. Phoenix Wright - While I don't see him very poorly requested, I think there are more votes for Professor Layton than him. (Professor Layton is at least highly requested for Smashified!)

These are my personal thoughts on this list, but also:
THERE IS NO EUROPEAN LIST
Seriousely, unless "America" counts for both, why wouldn't there be a european list? There is NO logical reason.

Of course, I'd like it to be true, since King K. Rool is on top of the American list, but I don't believe it quite a bit.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Banjo is not even there, while I don't support him, him not being in the top 20 is beyond ridiculous. Fake as f**k.
This, plus, according to PushDustin's blog, people in Japan think the West is weird as **** for voting in Inkling despite the game not even being released yet. Faker than faux fur.

Troykv

Smash Master
I call fake on this one.

Why? Because:
(Japan)
1. Keita Amano being that high - I googled him, he is from the makers of Professor Layton, but seriousely, no way.
2. Viridi - I heard she is popular, but I really don't think she'd be that high.
3. The whole list seems very random do me. No Paper Mario? I heared he is the most wanted Mario character in Japan.
4. Inkling on top - I don't believe they are THAT high

(America)
1. Ridley - I still love Ridley and such, but I think a lot of people gave up after the hole Boss situation.
2. Tails and Shadow - (Unless a few kids spammed the whole thing) I don't think BOTH would be that high.
3. Young Link (And Young Link before Shovel Knight) - 'Nuff Said
4. No Banjo - Yeah, he would be in top 20, I can guarantee that.
5. Phoenix Wright - While I don't see him very poorly requested, I think there are more votes for Professor Layton than him. (Professor Layton is at least highly requested for Smashified!)

These are my personal thoughts on this list, but also:
THERE IS NO EUROPEAN LIST
Seriousely, unless "America" counts for both, why wouldn't there be a european list? There is NO logical reason.

Of course, I'd like it to be true, since King K. Rool is on top of the American list, but I don't believe it quite a bit.
Well... Is 4chan... maybe that affects the general opinion...

Shadow be supported don't surprise me personally.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
also with the ammount of apparent sonic love there it's also weird that tails is on there but not the fighting freak knuckles.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Japan:

Americas:

I definitely think its fake.

As far as I'm aware, Japan doesn't want Inkling right now since the game isn't even out yet, and they want K. Rool a lot more than that. In PushDustin's analysis he was the #1 newcomer. Pichu being in the Top 20 isn't surprising, though, because Japan loves their veterans.

I love Isaac, and I think Japan likes Isaac a lot as well, but not that much. Again, PushDustin's poll had Isaac within the top 10 newcomers, so its not that bad, but he was more around K. Rool's position in PushDustin's. Obviously things could change, of course, since that was a while back, but I doubt they'd change this drastically.

That said, the Americas is quite close to what I'd expect it to be. Shovel Knight being low? Not that surprising, he's lost a lot of steam lately. Pichu would NEVER be that high, though, and neither would Tails and Shadow (MAYBE low top 20's). Wolf I'd expect to be higher than Snake, but it does vary heavily.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I definitely think its fake.

As far as I'm aware, Japan doesn't want Inkling right now since the game isn't even out yet, and they want K. Rool a lot more than that. In PushDustin's analysis he was the #1 newcomer. Pichu being in the Top 20 isn't surprising, though, because Japan loves their veterans.

I love Isaac, and I think Japan likes Isaac a lot as well, but not that much. Again, PushDustin's poll had Isaac within the top 10 newcomers, so its not that bad, but he was more around K. Rool's position in PushDustin's. Obviously things could change, of course, since that was a while back, but I doubt they'd change this drastically.

That said, the Americas is quite close to what I'd expect it to be. Shovel Knight being low? Not that surprising, he's lost a lot of steam lately. Pichu would NEVER be that high, though, and neither would Tails and Shadow (MAYBE low top 20's). Wolf I'd expect to be higher than Snake, but it does vary heavily.
Granted, I've not seen this analysis that PD made, but there are two massive things on this that raise my eyebrows.

1) Inklings being that high when they've been saying that the western audiences are odd for supporting a game that had yet to come out as hard as we did.

2) This may be a bit of bias, but I can't see Bandana Dee not beng in the top 20 when Bayonetta is.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
So apparently someone found this K. Rool hack in DK64, looks pretty funny and odd all at once.
This falls into the "so bad it's good" territory. And yeah, alleged poll results with no actual data are almost always fake. Literally anybody is capable of fabricating a list and putting arbitrary numbers beside popular names. In fact, I'll make one right now!

Japan:

1st: Goku
2nd: Naruto
3rd: SpongeBob
4th: Shrek
5th: Tomoaki Imakuni
6th: Goomba
7th: Whoopi Goldberg
8th: Hideki Kamiya
9th: Paddington Bear
10th: King K. Rool

Americas:

1st: BKupa666
2nd: Ronald McDonald
3rd: Tom Brady
4th: Paul Blart
5th: Cruella de Vil
6th: Ted Cruz
7th: Amanda Bynes
8th: Rainbow Dash
9th: Stay Puft Marshmallow Man
10th: Ridley

StormC

Smash Hero
Man, I really dislike when people say things like "I have no nostalgia for K. Rool."

Why does appreciation for him have to come from nostalgia? Just because I enjoyed something as a child doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly stop enjoying it without having to harken back on my childhood memories. My enjoyment of K. Rool comes entirely from a prolonged admiration for him that has no real reason to stop. Would a person in their 20s not enjoy K. Rool if they played the DKC series for the first time?

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Man, I really dislike when people say things like "I have no nostalgia for K. Rool."

Why does appreciation for him have to come from nostalgia? Just because I enjoyed something as a child doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly stop enjoying it without having to harken back on my childhood memories. My enjoyment of K. Rool comes entirely from a prolonged admiration for him that has no real reason to stop. Would a person in their 20s not enjoy K. Rool if they played the DKC series for the first time?
My first real exposure to K. Rool came when I was 18 years old. My activity here is proof of how much I enjoy the character.

Top Bottom