• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Man, I really dislike when people say things like "I have no nostalgia for K. Rool."

Why does appreciation for him have to come from nostalgia? Just because I enjoyed something as a child doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly stop enjoying it without having to harken back on my childhood memories. My enjoyment of K. Rool comes entirely from a prolonged admiration for him that has no real reason to stop. Would a person in their 20s not enjoy K. Rool if they played the DKC series for the first time?
The K. Rool hate is really starting to blow up now so he must be popular. 4chan refers to him as the the Crocmeme and apparently he's only voted for due to him being a meme....there's a K. Rool meme that's famous ?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
The K. Rool hate is really starting to blow up now so he must be popular. 4chan refers to him as the the Crocmeme and apparently he's only voted for due to him being a meme....there's a K. Rool meme that's famous ?
I suppose the whole cartoon is full of meme material. Especially the songs.
Not to mention the "Expand Dong" meme gets a lot of material from the cartoon.
But I honestly think the people who are voting for K. Rool just because of the cartoon are minimal or nonexistant. We are just using it because of its funny scenes related to K. Rool.
If Dedede was the one not in Smash Bros. but getting strong support in the ballot; people would be using his scenes from the Kirby cartoon to promote him.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd say it's not dissimilar to Sonic in Brawl. Sonic was the most wanted Brawl newcomer and fairly controversial, especially where the quality of his games were concerned. Yet he got in, to quite the warm reception.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd say it's not dissimilar to Sonic in Brawl. Sonic was the most wanted Brawl newcomer and fairly controversial, especially where the quality of his games were concerned. Yet he got in, to quite the warm reception.
I have never seen the internet so hyped....

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Man, I really dislike when people say things like "I have no nostalgia for K. Rool."

Why does appreciation for him have to come from nostalgia? Just because I enjoyed something as a child doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly stop enjoying it without having to harken back on my childhood memories. My enjoyment of K. Rool comes entirely from a prolonged admiration for him that has no real reason to stop. Would a person in their 20s not enjoy K. Rool if they played the DKC series for the first time?
seriously. i didn't have a SNES growing up and my first console was the ps1 so i didn't play DKC until the virtual console was around and still enjoyed the series and it's characters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Funny thing, Sonic was my #1 most wanted character in Brawl. Diddy was probably my #2. I didn't really think much about that, though. I don't remember my full list.

StormC

Smash Hero
Diddy and Dedede were my biggest concerns in Brawl, though I only started actively wanting characters after the trailer dropped.

Lucario, Ridley, Samurai Goroh, and Mega Man were in there somewhere, but far distant from the two Ds.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
prebrawl mine were MK, Dedede, and Ridley/dark samus.(admittedly still dislike the approach to MK where they focus more on his wind powers than the signature sword beam) after the trailer i guess it was ridley, dark samus, diddy, k.rool, and mighty gazelle.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I would never be opposed to K. Rool, but after Diddy got into Brawl, I was more concerned with characters like Dedede and Ridley and wanted to spread the newcomers around a bit more. By 4 certain factors changed my priorities around.

I'd say it was something like...

Brawl: Diddy, Dedede, Lucario, Ridley, Samurai Goroh (honorable mention: Mega Man)
4: K. Rool, Mega Man, Ridley, Palutena, Dixie (honorable mention: Rosalina)

EDIT: I've moved on from Ridley though, I don't see myself ever actively wanting him again unless someone besides Sakurai does 5mash, and even that is iffy. And a second F-Zero character is only happening if the series gets a new game.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would never be opposed to K. Rool, but after Diddy got into Brawl, I was more concerned with characters like Dedede and Ridley and wanted to spread the newcomers around a bit more. By 4 certain factors changed my priorities around.

I'd say it was something like...

Brawl: Diddy, Dedede, Lucario, Ridley, Samurai Goroh (honorable mention: Mega Man)
4: K. Rool, Mega Man, Ridley, Palutena, Dixie Kong (honorable mention: Rosalina)

EDIT: I've moved on from Ridley though, I don't see myself ever actively wanting him again unless someone besides Sakurai does 5mash, and even that is iffy. And a second F-Zero character is only happening if the series gets a new game.
That's how many, myself included, felt about Diddy in Brawl. I would've loved K. Rool or Dixie, but I didn't care that much once I got Diddy.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
eh, i was glad to see diddy in and thought he really deserved a spot but really wasn't that big of a fan of the character personally. always wanted the kroc sheerly because i was adamant about thinking that every hero character needs their antagonist for the roster to feel complete.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Every time I hear someone say K. Rool is popular because memes (which has only been a couple times because I'm smart enough not to frquent 4chan), I die a little inside.

"Really? Memes? What means? Tell me. I don't think you're using the word properly."

People sometimes.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
lol I forgot that they added the Donkey Country games back on the Wii Shop channel. Just downloaded DKC3. Time to go on a little DKC Marathon.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
honestly the only k.rool meme i've seen around is the "one of us" tradition in this thread. everything else DKC cartoon related is a variation upon the theme of dong expansion. I'm really quite perplexed on this.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
4chan shouldn't talk **** about the King. They are basically anti-everything, and always have been. They have no principles, they only hate whats popular.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Every time I hear someone say K. Rool is popular because memes (which has only been a couple times because I'm smart enough not to frquent 4chan), I die a little inside.

"Really? Memes? What means? Tell me. I don't think you're using the word properly."

People sometimes.
I don't know any K. Rool meme outside of "WHY NOT?!".

:231:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm sure One of Us has started to spread a tiny bit, but for the most part its stuck in this thread. "Why not?!" is the only real K. Rool meme I'm aware of. One of Us could POSSIBLY extend into memetic status if enough K. Rool fans start reposting it on other sites, but I find that unlikely.

Of course, that would be the exact opposite of what 4chan is saying; the K. Rool movement caused the One of Us meme, not the other way around.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Yes.

I can safely say I agree with that latter notion. :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
4chan shouldn't talk **** about the King. They are basically anti-everything, and always have been. They have no principles, they only hate whats popular.
And I see where Soul Blazer got his attitude from. I should have known since Day 1. :troll:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Don't believe that list for a second. Paper Mario is no where to be found on the Japanese poll. No Banjo-Kazooie either on the American side. Although I'd love to believe K. Rool is number 1 and he likely is.

Well, I am in a Super Duper Major Leak now, so that must mean I'm a shoo-in who'd be a genius idea for Smash. I'm the character you didn't know you wanted.
Well considering your avatar is K. Rool...

Last edited by a moderator:

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I suppose the whole cartoon is full of meme material. Especially the songs.
Not to mention the "Expand Dong" meme gets a lot of material from the cartoon.
But I honestly think the people who are voting for K. Rool just because of the cartoon are minimal or nonexistant. We are just using it because of its funny scenes related to K. Rool.
If Dedede was the one not in Smash Bros. but getting strong support in the ballot; people would be using his scenes from the Kirby cartoon to promote him.
I've never ever seen the cartoon. I have always enjoyed the games though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, I am in a Super Duper Major Leak now, so that must mean I'm a shoo-in who'd be a genius idea for Smash. I'm the character you didn't know you wanted.
Out of curiosity, what major leak?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity, what major leak?
It was a joke off of people making fake top 10 (or 20) ballot characters for Japan and North America.
One of the users said that you could just lay around various big names on a list and it can look mildly convicing. Jokingly, @ BKupa666 BKupa666 was the #1 character of NA in their example.

StormC

Smash Hero
You know, I found a good idea for a K.Rool victory theme, the first 14 notes of Gangplank Galleon, the first 2 seconds of it
I think I've posted it before, but I would also like the first ~5 seconds of Crocodile Cacophony:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think I've posted it before, but I would also like the first ~5 seconds of Crocodile Cacophony:

I feel like Cacophony would feel much better as a K. Roll victory theme; it feels much more sinister than Gangplank, although the pirate-shantyness of Gangplank could work in its favor.

Hmmm...

I'm still waiting on Dr. Mario to have his own victory theme. Seriously, why not?!

StormC

Smash Hero
I like the PAON voice. I know that's not an incredibly popular opinion, but I'd be perfectly fine with that as his Smash voice. It's goofy yet can sound monstrous and sinister when it needs to.

It's probably what he would have in DKCR3, at least, since he's also Funky.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

I had never played a Kirby game until Dream Deluxe, I could say I have no nostalgia for King Dedede or Nightmare yet I enjoy playiong as Dedede in both ssb and the drum modes of deluxe. Also I enjoyed nightmare on the kirby show too.

BTW, that joke list with BKuppas name on it makes me wonder what a Smashboards fighting game would be like? Or you know what, we could all be characters for a new game. That'd be funny.

Last edited:
Top Bottom