• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I don't know any K. Rool meme outside of "WHY NOT?!".

:231:
I don't even know of that one.

For my part, nostalgia is a big part of why I want K. Rool in Smash 4. I tremendously enjoyed the old DKC games, as well as DK64, when I was younger, and always disliked the fact that Kremlings weren't brought back for the newer iterations.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't even know of that one.

For my part, nostalgia is a big part of why I want K. Rool in Smash 4. I tremendously enjoyed the old DKC games, as well as DK64, when I was younger, and always disliked the fact that Kremlings weren't brought back for the newer iterations.
Same here, I'll bet if Bowser in the Koopas were taken away for a while people would be saying "I have no nostalgia for Bowser", same with Ganon as well. Nostalgia is the reason K. Rool is still highly remembered like everyone else. And even without nostalgia he still has the ability to make you like him, for one he already looks cool and is out to destroy DK and everyone. People need to be more educated when it comes to some of Nintendo's history if they want to try to put up a real good arguement. Otherwise, just let it be and let the others enjoy the games for what they are.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
The thing with K.Rool is, I liked his design, saw what he can do, saw that he always learns from his mistakes and that he's likely in the top 5 most evil Nintendo characters
All the more reason why he's a great villain and is the main antagonist of the DK franchise.

StormC

Smash Hero
I feel like people tend to forget that as far as Smash is concerned, K. Rool ISN'T yesterday's news, and is still DK's archenemy.

Speaking of, should K. Rool's playable trophy make a reference, even in passing, to his... hiatus?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I feel like people tend to forget that as far as Smash is concerned, K. Rool ISN'T yesterday's news, and is still DK's archenemy.

Speaking of, should K. Rool's playable trophy make a reference, even in passing, to his... hiatus?
I think so. It should be something like "He's back! DK's evil archnemesis finally makes his krushing debut in Super Smash Bros. armed with a devastating blunderbuss and a crown boomerang, he is one tough foe. Don't let his size fool you either as he is rather agile on his feet, his helicoptor packs makes for a good recovery as well".

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I wasn't too actively supportive of characters in Brawl, I was pretty much content with whatever I got. The only character I really wanted was Wario, and he got in, so I was very pleased with that.

I did end up developing an interest in Lucas and Wolf, though, and while I didn't actively support him, I was familiar with R.O.B. and always had a soft spot for him since I played him in Mario Kart DS. I was really big on Sonic at first, as I was a raving Sonic nut at the time, though I moved on fairly quickly and pursued other interests.

For Smash 4, Palutena was at the top of my list, and everyone else was a great distance from that. I think my most-wanted list prior to the ESRB leak was:

1. Palutena
2. Wonder Red
3. Chrom (or Robin, I thought both had their merits; did not expect or support Lucina)
4. Professor Layton? It gets a bit vague around this part
5. An eclectic mix of miscellaneous characters I thought would be neat, e.g. Little Mac, Tingle, etc

I didn't get involved with support for the likes of Ridley and K. Rool until I joined Smashboards in the wake of the ESRB leak's release. Which is why I will say that the best thing we as a Kampaign can possibly do is educate: I was totally indifferent towards K. Rool as a character prior to stumbling into this thread, and now he's one of my most-wanted newcomers. We're doing a great job so far, and yet we can go even further and spread the word even more magnanimously - get people interested, get them involved, demonstrate what makes K. Rool a great character, let them know why we support him. I know that that will do more good for our Kampaign than anything short of him appearing in a new DK game.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think I've posted it before, but I would also like the first ~5 seconds of Crocodile Cacophony:

I think 1:28-1:36 would be the best.

Maybe speed it up a little bit or so.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Actually, come to think of it, this scrapped K. Rool lose theme would be great:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I know I posted this video a while back but I mean, if K. Rool is popular enough to get a game tribute from an orchestra then he defintley deserves to be in SSB as well as return to the DK series.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Same here, I'll bet if Bowser in the Koopas were taken away for a while people would be saying "I have no nostalgia for Bowser", same with Ganon as well. Nostalgia is the reason K. Rool is still highly remembered like everyone else. And even without nostalgia he still has the ability to make you like him, for one he already looks cool and is out to destroy DK and everyone. People need to be more educated when it comes to some of Nintendo's history if they want to try to put up a real good arguement. Otherwise, just let it be and let the others enjoy the games for what they are.
I research my Nintendo characters before arguing with anyone on if they're possible or not. Then again research for me 2 years ago was watching Pizzadudemanguy videos.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm don't exactly a K. Rool fan, or a supporter, but still think that his existence in Smash probably will be with a fun character to use... And actually a Character that can "deserves" a spot... Why?... We have the antagonist (or something like that) from the other "Big 5" from Nintendo (don't applies Series without actual antagonist: the complete Mii/Wii games that are bigger than Zelda, DK and Kirby): Bowser/Bowser Jr, "Mewtwo", Ganondorf, and Dedede)... Only left one.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I was on Reddit reading some comments on the Heavyweights and Recurring Misconceptions About Them thread, and noticed that someone commented about King K. Rool having a "speed-based aura mechanic". Seems like it would be a very unique mechanic, especially for a heavy character. The more damage King K. Rool takes over the battle the faster he gets (DKC 1). What do you all think of this idea?

To see the original comment, scroll down a bit on the page. It was brought up by a user named EsquireEsq. I, personally think its a really good idea and it would be so different for a character. Of course, there would be a minimum starting speed with 0% and a max speed like how Lucario's works.

Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32drkt/heavyweights_and_recurring_misconceptions_about/

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace

Welp guys, almost 1 month past It's release on Wii U I finally finished. Never beat the game as a kid nor owned it. That bonus for 101% after beating K. Rool again was so well worth it. It was euphoric in a way too, pretty calm but strange.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm don't exactly a K. Rool fan, or a supporter, but still think that his existence in Smash probably will be with a fun character to use... And actually a Character that can "deserves" a spot... Why?... We have the antagonist (or something like that) from the other "Big 5" from Nintendo (don't applies Series without actual antagonist: the complete Mii/Wii games that are bigger than Zelda, DK and Kirby): Bowser/Bowser Jr, "Mewtwo", Ganondorf, and Dedede)... Only left one.
Ridley

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I was on Reddit reading some comments on the Heavyweights and Recurring Misconceptions About Them thread, and noticed that someone commented about King K. Rool having a "speed-based aura mechanic". Seems like it would be a very unique mechanic, especially for a heavy character. The more damage King K. Rool takes over the battle the faster he gets (DKC 1). What do you all think of this idea?

To see the original comment, scroll down a bit on the page. It was brought up by a user named EsquireEsq. I, personally think its a really good idea and it would be so different for a character. Of course, there would be a minimum starting speed with 0% and a max speed like how Lucario's works.

Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32drkt/heavyweights_and_recurring_misconceptions_about/
I like this idea.

King K. at 150% would be super powerful if you think about it:

Heavy weight + speed increase + rage = komplete destruction.

It also takes inspiration from DKC where the king moves faster as he takes damage which is real nice.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Franchises...

What order are franchises Nintendo in popularity and sells?

I'm only remember: Mario> Pokémon> Wii/Mii related things> The Legend of Zelda> Donkey Kong> Kirby
Accurate; Metroid is definitely lower than those.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Mmm... (Millions)

Mario (466)> Pokémon (260)> Wii/Mii Games> The Legend of Zelda (71)> Donkey Kong (56) > Kirby (34) > Smash Bros. (With only four game that is BIG) (30)> Nintendogs (27)> Animal Crossing (27)> Metroid (14) > Star Fox (12) > Other Franchises
This really puts in perspective, though. Metroid has such a small sell point namely due to a very narrow span of games, namely in the Pre-64 era for such a Nintendo franchise and frankly a really narrow set of repeating characters.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Looking into it.... his DKC3 theme is more difficult to adapt, but I'll manage.

EDIT: done.
Fantastic! I really like the emphasis on the guitar shredding.

It would be pretty awkward if K. Rool got the DK victory theme, but maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Troykv

Smash Master
This really puts in perspective, though. Metroid has such a small sell point namely due to a very narrow span of games, namely in the Pre-64 era for such a Nintendo franchise and frankly a really narrow set of repeating characters.
Yeah, some franchises could look well against others but puts in perspective... they have worst average... for example, Metroid and Star Fox, Metroid has more total sells... BUT Metroid is a 1986 Series and Star Fox a 1993 Series.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, some franchises could look well against others but puts in perspective... they have worst average... for example, Metroid and Star Fox, Metroid has more total sells... BUT Metroid is a 1986 Series and Star Fox a 1993 Series.
Meanwhile, Fire Emblem is a 1990 series and Awakening breaking a million copies in sales was a Miracle for the series at the 13th game.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I still think DKC2 is best for a victory theme.

If you don't mind, could you make DanDaManProductions Version in the same vein. I wouldn't have asked if you hadn't said it were easy. :p

Troykv

Smash Master
Meanwhile, Fire Emblem is a 1990 series and Awakening breaking a million copies in sales was a Miracle for the series at the 13th game.
Yeah... Previously a Awakening the Fire Emblem Game with more Sells have... I don't remember... half-million copies selled? xD (I don't know international sells, japanese-only sells the best ones are from Genealogy of the Holy War and Binding Blade)...

Oh sorry... I think my fanatism hurts the thread.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah... Previously a Awakening the Fire Emblem Game with more Sells have... I don't remember... half-million copies selled? xD
Yeah. Its niche really hindered it and Awakening was an eruption for the series.
Ironically, I think Awakening's sales alone did around as good if not better than the last two Star Fox games combined (64 3DS and Command).

Troykv

Smash Master
Yeah. Its niche really hindered it and Awakening was an eruption for the series.
Ironically, I think Awakening's sales alone did around as good if not better than the last two Star Fox games combined (64 3DS and Command).
Hahahaha... Awakening gives everything to be the ultimate "awakening" of the series... Yeah, some stupid pun here xD... Be loved (and hated) for a lot of people... and maybe Fire Emblem will left to be a "niche series" forever (Fire Emblem If is getting more notable support from Nintendo than all the other Fire Emblem games).

This sounds controversial, but I have a question...

Smash's Fandoms related (fans) with DK characters have problems with Robin and Palutena inclussion over characters like Dixie and K. Rool?

Is only my weird curiosity.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Last edited:
Top Bottom