• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd say put keep putting the supporters on, that way you can show all the supporters, just look at how many I'm able to cram on page 1 of the Wolf thread, about 2410.
Going through 100+ pages to add every supporter since 2014 is not an easy task. The page count speaks for itself.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I remember somebody in this thread suggesting that K. Rool is a bit like Josef Stalin: a paranoid, iron-fisted, charismatic, totalitarian ruler that's willing to starve and work his own people to death if it means glorious progress.

If Porky Minch is Adolf Hitler and Bowser is Benito Mussolini, I can definitely see the parallels.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I remember somebody in this thread suggesting that K. Rool is a bit like Josef Stalin: a paranoid, iron-fisted, charismatic, totalitarian ruler that's willing to starve and work his own people to death if it means glorious progress.

If Porky Minch is Adolf Hitler and Bowser is Benito Mussolini, I can definitely see the parallels.
Porky is Hitler.

:4lucas:has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Porky is trying to draw the needles which kills off the entire MaGYPSIE race (which are a blur of the genders... kinda).

GREAT SCOTT.

Edit: The Ultimate Chimera research is a parallel to the Nuclear Research that the Nazis were trying to develop.
WHY DOES THIS KEEP MAKING MORE SENSE?!
...Oh wait, because Porky is meant to parallel the Empire in Star Wars which was already a space version of Nazis.

Double Edit: Does this mean that :4ganondorf: is Hojo? Only purged by the A-Bomb that is the Light/Silver Arrows?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Porky is Hitler.

:4lucas:has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Porky is trying to draw the needles which kills off the entire MaGYPSIE race (which are a blur of the genders... kinda).

GREAT SCOTT.

Edit: The Ultimate Chimera research is a parallel to the Nuclear Research that the Nazis were trying to develop.
WHY DOES THIS KEEP MAKING MORE SENSE?!
...Oh wait, because Porky is meant to parallel the Empire in Star Wars which was already a space version of Nazis.

Double Edit: Does this mean that :4ganondorf: is Hojo? Only purged by the A-Bomb that is the Light/Silver Arrows?
There's more:

The Pigmask army does the whole Nazi "Heil Hitler!" salute as well.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Yeaaaaaaaah let's, for the sake of K. Rool's image, keep the comparison to notorious dictators here, and only here :p.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And when he has defeated, Porky locked himself in a bunker. GOD THE SIMILARITIES.

:231:

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I laughed way more than I should have.

Yeaaaaaaaah let's, for the sake of K. Rool's image, keep the comparison to notorious dictators here, and only here :p.
You mean his image as a sociopathic, mass-murdering dictator who feeds his minions to giant crocodiles and wants to exterminate an entire species because they don't conform to his narrow-minded genocidal ambitions? :3

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Why do Bowser is Mussolini?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Why do Bowser is Mussolini?
I was making a joke at how Mussolini is often regarded as the bumbling, incompetent Axis leader.

He delayed Hitler's invasion of Russia by getting into a cockamamie misadventure in the Balkans, arguably costing the Axis power the war, and got busted out of jail by Hitler when the Brits captured him, then got captured again and they just shot him that time.

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: Smash veterans, history buffs! :3

Burruni

Smash Hero
They were/are both quite incompetent? :p

No.
Don't you remember the part of WW2 that the italian army's leader flew onto the battlefield with a personal comical hovercraft and shot homing missiles at the united forces of the USA, France, and England while he scorched the ground with his flame breath?

Edit: I now want a "historical" FPS that has this happen.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This is legit my favourite (non-social, non-official) thread.

<3

No.
Don't you remember the part of WW2 that the italian army's leader flew onto the battlefield with a personal comical hovercraft and shot homing missiles at the united forces of the USA, France, and England while he scorched the ground with his flame breath?

Edit: I now want a "historical" FPS that has this happen.
I unliked your post just so I could like it again in light of that edit.

Last edited:
TIL porky is "literally hitler". . .

is Claus a german name or something? it sounds german >_>

apparently we are comparing Stalin to K rool. Stalin apparently killed more people than Hitler (according to my history teacher) there are very few Kongs seen in the games. maybe dk Island is basically Crimea or something and hes getting his territory back from the capitalist rebels who lost quite a few people from Kommunist K rool. it explains why DK has freaking golden bananas. . . why did i write this and how did i think of it?

Burruni

Smash Hero
This is legit my favourite (non-social, non-official) thread.

<3

I unliked your post just so I could like it again in light of that edit.
Welcome to my style.
I can get really friggin' heated and in depth about my arguments for and against a character in Smash.

But when we are allowed to be silly I will make people question how terrible they are with the jokes that they laugh at.

Edit:

apparently we are comparing Stalin to K rool. Stalin apparently killed more people than Hitler (according to my history teacher) there are very few Kongs seen in the games. maybe dk Island is basically Crimea or something and hes getting his territory back from the capitalist rebels who lost quite a few people from Kommunist K rool. it explains why DK has freaking golden bananas. . . why did i write this and how did i think of it?
Stalin was also known for constantly rewritting history to make himself look as magnificient as possible.
In the span of a decade, K. Rool became a Monarch, Captain of a massive pirate force, Baron, and Championship Belt-holding Heavyweight Boxer extraordinaire with rigged referees.

Coincidence?

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

It is, it's a derivative of Nicholas.

So is my name, technically, though it's of the gender-neutral persuasion. ;3

Yeah, he did. They were mostly his own people, too, starved and worked to death as part of his Five-Year Plans.

I'm now awaiting the day when K. Rool rides into DK Island in a tank with a red star on the side.

Welcome to my style.
I can get really friggin' heated and in depth about my arguments for and against a character in Smash.

But when we are allowed to be silly I will make people question how terrible they are with the jokes that they laugh at.
And that's why I respect you.

:3

so k rool is a kommunist leader

porky is hitler and handpicked claus (with a german name. . .)

someone get game theory on this. :troll:
what a way to begin the day. Dictators in the world of nintendo

Burruni

Smash Hero
so k rool is a kommunist leader

porky is hitler and handpicked claus (with a german name. . .)

someone get game theory on this. :troll:
what a way to begin the day. Dictators in the world of nintendo
Can we just realtalk for a moment.

Bowser represents the leader of the ITALIAN army. Such irony.

Edit: Porky aka Hitler rallies the people of the Nowhere Islands into working for him with blind loyalty by promising them better lives that only he can bring for them, even when they don't entirely understand it themselves.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"B-B-But Nintendo's obviously for kids right? I mean look at all those bright colours and Anthropomorphic characters!"

Now look beyond that veil and see what they've been covering up for years.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There's another odd similarity between K. Rool and Stalin. They're ready to sacrifice as many soldiers as possible to achieve their goals, and their army vastly outnumbered the opponents.

Gah, this shouldn't make so much sense...

Last edited:
"B-B-But Nintendo's obviously for kids right? I mean look at all those bright colours and Anthropomorphic characters!"

I men their most kid friendly title, pokemon, has suicide bombing :109: and is basically all animal fighting . . .
kirby has that final boss from 64 and Karl Marx (lets keep the theme going)

and then there is Metroid, xenoblade, Fire emblem (emmeryn why), mother

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

You mean like how :4kirby:is the fluffy "Baby's first game," which is an embodiment of dreaming which includes all of the quite litteral Nightmares that plague at the subconcious with some of the most disturbing eldritch contortions of things once innocent.

MARX. SOUL. DEATH SCREAM.

Edit: Y'know, for kids.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I men their most kid friendly title, pokemon, has suicide bombing :109: and is basically all animal fighting . . .
kirby has that final boss from 64 and Karl Marx (lets keep the theme going)

and then there is Metroid, xenoblade, Fire emblem (emmeryn why), mother
Fire Emblem 4(?) had Incest.
Metroid has planets being blown up, alien parasites and genocidal Space pirates as well as Corruption (lel) in the Galactic Federation.
Xenoblade is all philosophy with Drug Dealing Nopon and Drowning Kids in side quests.
Mother we've covered with Porky being Hitler. Giygas's design in Earthbound. Creepy Skull at first. Then it becomes a foetus a more damage is delivered.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem 4(?) had Incest.
Metroid has planets being blown up, alien parasites and genocidal Space pirates as well as Corruption (lel) in the Galactic Federation.
Xenoblade is all philosophy with Drug Dealing Nopon and Drowning Kids in side quests.
Mother we've covered with Porky being Hitler. Giygas's design in Earthbound. Creepy Skull at first. Then it becomes a foetus a more damage is delivered.
FE 4 and 8 had fairly heavily implied incest. FE13 implies that the child-bodied thousand year old Manakete was sold as a sex slave. Edit: In FE 3/12, Hardin gets possessed by the spirit of Gharnef because of his intense worrying that his wife (who married him out of political stability than love) has her heart belong to Marth.
Metroid has Ridley devouring Samus's mother infront of her (in the canon Manga) and handles PTSD (far better in the manga than how Other M tried to summarize it)
Xenoblade has the entire nature of the High Entia including the racism against Melia for being a half-bood and Faced Mechon.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They could make some enemies bigger than others and make them bosses. The DKC series have been doing that for a long time. There has been Real Gwanty and his purple brother, a giant Necky, Queen B and King Zing, Krow and his corpse, but the only Kremling bosses other than K.Rool where Kudgel, Kerzone and I guess the Kremlings from Jungle Climber. I'd love if they threw in like, a General Klump, a General Krusha, a bigger and stronger Krook, Kutlass, Kloak or anything new they can think of.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
FE 4 and 8 had fairly heavily implied incest. FE13 implies that the child-bodied thousand year old Manakete was sold as a sex slave. Edit: In FE 3/12, Hardin gets possessed by the spirit of Gharnef because of his intense worrying that his wife (who married him out of political stability than love) has her heart belong to Marth.
Metroid has Ridley devouring Samus's mother infront of her (in the canon Manga) and handles PTSD (far better in the manga than how Other M tried to summarize it)
Xenoblade has the entire nature of the High Entia including the racism against Melia for being a half-bood and Faced Mechon.
Actually, with 4, it's outright stated that it happened with one example.
Manfloy tricked the two half-siblings into marrying so that he could breed for his vessel for Loptyr. It worked, and what happened was they got a possessed psychopathic child that wrestled control from his father, placed it in the hands of the Loptyr cult, ruled the entire continent with an iron fist, and implemented the child hunts, which involved stealing children away from their parents (killing them if they resisted) for fights to the death to determine which would be strongest to live in his new empire. Luckily, there was a flaw involving the twin as she inherited her mother's Naga blood, so he was able to be defeated.

It's also stated that Raquesis did love her brother Eldigan, but they never get the chance to do anything.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Actually, with 4, it's outright stated that it happened.
Manfloy tricked the two half-siblings into marrying so that he could breed for his vessel for Loptyr. It worked, and what happened was they got a possessed psychopathic child that wrestled control from his father, placed it in the hands of the Loptyr cult, ruled the entire continent with an iron fist, and implemented the child hunts, which involved stealing children away from their parents (killing them if they resisted) for fights to the death to determine which would be strongest to live in his new empire.

Luckily, there was a flaw involving the twin as she inherited her mother's Naga blood, so he was able to be defeated.
My bad.
It's been ~6 years since I played FE4.
And the maps are too friggin massive and BORING for me to dare go back to it.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
FE4's maps where amazing. However, I doubt I could play the game without save states... Takes too much patience if completing one chapter takes literally a whole war between countries... Some of FE4's chapters settle way more stuff in one chapter than some other FE games do in like... One third a game or so? It was an incredible dark, yet extremely charming game. I still think it has just about the best battle system, only to be bested by Radiant Dawn. It's no wonder to me that most 'core' FE fans love FE4 just about as much as most core DKC fans love DKC2.

And now I find myself wanting Sigurd again... :rolleyes:

Burruni

Smash Hero
FE4's maps where amazing. However, I doubt I could play the game without save states... Takes too much patience if completing one chapter takes literally a whole war between countries... Some of FE4's chapters settle way more stuff in one chapter than some other FE games do in like... One third a game or so? It was an incredible dark, yet extremely charming game. I still think it has just about the best battle system, only to be bested by Radiant Dawn. It's no wonder to me that most 'core' FE fans love FE4 just about as much as most core DKC fans love DKC2.

And now I find myself wanting Sigurd again... :rolleyes:
It does the matter in a "third of the game" because it has 12 chapters, including the prologue and spans two generations.
Meanwhile FE 1 was 25 chapters. That'd be about 50 to be the continued "second war," aka Fire Emblem 3. Since this has 1/4th of the chapters (and about 4x the chapter SIZE) it's only rational.

It's all to scale. The runtime may be around the equal to another standard FE game but it's because it's done in a dozen massive maps.

Edit: It's a very solid game, and it does more than most FE titles before it. But the friggin scale of it all is not something I want to return to. Like 10's issue. And then we have 6 and 8 which has protagonists I despise. But that's for another day. Back to K. Rool.

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Off-topic: I've brought cookies for the Kuttthroats, they're cinnamon chip oatmeal cookies :)

*Hands everyone out some cookies and gives the Kutthroat Leader @ BKupa666 BKupa666 an extra one for future progress and good luck.

I hope you enjoy them.

Edit2: now back on topic in the King K. Rool thread.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Icky ick stuff in Fe
Metroid has Ridley devouring Samus's mother infront of her
Ehhhhh false. Ridley DID eat Virginia Aran, but Ridley said it was to regenerate cells after his ship fell on him. Must have been worse pilots than the Kremlings who go "Right right! Left left!"
Also, K.Rool thread, one of the most informative places for WWII I see

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ehhhhh false. Ridley DID eat Virginia Aran, but Ridley said it was to regenerate cells after his ship fell on him. Must have been worse pilots than the Kremlings who go "Right right! Left left!"
Also, K.Rool thread, one of the most informative places for WWII I see
Okay. Ridley ate OTHER people on the ship right infront of Samus and her mother (and likely father) afterwards. That was my bad from memory, but I distinctly remember little girl Samus white eyed as the blood from Ridley's snack splattering on her face.
We discuss some of the weirdest tangental things in this thread.
Konquistador K. Rool for DKCR3 btw.

Edit:

Double Edit: Just looking at the design... that could do a great blend of the DKC1 and 2 versions of his fight while still doing some new things. A blend of old and new, like the Returns series means to do.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Discrepancy over something I mis-said when comparing some of the darkest parts of Nintendo's iconic series tangental from comparing King K. Rool and other big villains to the power heads of WW2.
i see. Only thing I'm sad about is that Retro is probably making a Metroid game next and not a Donkey Kong game considering they picked making Tropical Freeze over a metroid game last time. Hopefully another developer will pick up donkey kong for a 2015 release if so.

Burruni

Smash Hero
i see. Only thing I'm sad about is that Retro is probably making a Metroid game next and not a Donkey Kong game considering they picked making Tropical Freeze over a metroid game last time. Hopefully another developer will pick up donkey kong for a 2015 release if so.
Or, to hold us over, Nintendo reveals a CLASSIC METROIDVANIA STYLED METROID GAME made for the 3DS by someone OTHER than Retro Studios.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I remember K.Rool not liking Bowser, would he like Ridley?
King K. Rool seems like the type of villain who prefers to work on his own for his own power-hungry ambitions rather then ally with others, so I'd imagine that he'd treat Ridley the same way he'd treat Bowser.

Having said that, I always did like the idea of having two reptilian pirates work together, especially since their fanbases overlap quite a bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom