• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I think there should just be a trailer called "Smash invasion". This trailer shows the original 7 shown in trailer one (Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, Pikachu and Fox) battling. Bowser shows up to challenge Mario, but realizes he is outclassed when surrounded by all the good guys. To even the odds, he snaps his fingers and 6 more "Meteors" like the one shown in the reveal trailer hurtle into the battle.

-Ganondorf arrives and challenges Link.
-Dedede arrives and takes on Kirby.
-Wolf arrives and fights Fox.
-Mewtwo is revealed to return, battling Pikachu.
-Ridley crashes in and fights Samus.
-K. Rool ambushes and combats DK.

A lot for one trailer? Most definitely. But would it be cool? I think so.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think there should just be a trailer called "Smash invasion". This trailer shows the original 7 shown in trailer one (Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, Pikachu and Fox) battling. Bowser shows up to challenge Mario, but realizes he is outclassed when surrounded by all the good guys. To even the odds, he snaps his fingers and 6 more "Meteors" like the one shown in the reveal trailer hurtle into the battle.

-Ganondorf arrives and challenges Link.
-Dedede arrives and takes on Kirby.
-Wolf arrives and fights Fox.
-Mewtwo is revealed to return, battling Pikachu.
-Ridley crashes in and fights Samus.
-K. Rool ambushes and combats DK.

A lot for one trailer? Most definitely. But would it be cool? I think so.
That'd be the best thing EVER.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You know what would suck? Not getting Ridley, K. Rool or Mewtwo in favor of Wii Fit Trainer, a character no one on earth asked for. Especially with him saying there will be fewer newcomers. But I'll try to avoid pessimism like that because...that just...couldn't happen. I mean he wouldn't just spend all of his resources on her and cut them...right?
Trust...i been thinking this too...untop of the supposed small roster i find it that we are gonna get new chars from new series and maybe none or 1 char from existing franchises...and i think they will be cuts...i see it going something like this to be honest.

Wolf returns or cut for Krystal
PKMN trainer or Lucario Cut for Mewtwo
Ike cut for another FE char
Toon link maybe cut and not replaced by another LoZ char.

ADDED:

Lil Mac
Takamaru
Palutena
Mii or Pacman or both
Shulk
Dillan or Issac

And thats pretty much it...i feel like ''Me personally My Opnion!'' its gonna go like this.

I am a bit biased with my Negative thinking but i dont think its a wild assumption hell i dont think nothing is a wild assumption after ''WTF char got in..sorry i meant WFT''

Also what if Ballon Fighter/Sherrif/Mach Rider/Duck Huny dog what if one of them get in?

Ontop of Mii/WTF/Villager/Lil Mac/Palutena/Takamaru i mean what does that leave for ''OUR'' Most wanted chars?

Atm they are only 3 chars i feel that are shoe-ins
Little Mac
Palutena
Takamaru

No one else not even Mewtwo.....

I dunno wtf man...like my Signature says though.

Character Balance & Improved Online > Everything Else.

Its the only 2 things that are gonna matter in the long runn RealTalk...

I am fine sticking with My Vertain Mains i have been using for years Samus & Bowser as long as they stack up decently in balance compared to the rest of the cast unlike Brawl...

Bowser looks alot better in Sm4sh im happy very about that Also Brawl did not introduce a single character that i like i still played as Bowser & Samus i played as Lucario too simply because there was no Mewtwo...even though i was buthurt about it and even though he was a better char than Mewtwo....

I Dunno wtf...i dunno WFT...WTF...RealTalk.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's been just one day and we've already established this? I highly doubt we'll be seeing three Kongs on the starting roster/early on.
I think given the current roster, a character like Dixie Kong would be best kept as one of the latter newcomers revealed, if not a secret character. K. Rool, on the other hand, would be a great reveal from say August to December.

Also, I think having 3 starting Donkey Kong franchise characters is all but confirmed (DK confirmed, Diddy destined to come back, K. Rool probably the next starter/a small shot for Dixie as the 3rd starter). As for 4 starting Donkey Kong franchise character, while less likely than 3 starting Donkey Kong franchise characters, it is still possible.

Now unless we get one new newcomer out of this whole "E3 week," I think we're gonna see characters spaced out a lot, minus some moment when Nintendo needs stuff confirmed (like say early next year). Of course seeing as how veteran to newcomer reveal rates will probably be around 4-1, expect a lot of veterans. Characters like Yoshi (he should be revealed soon IMO), Meta Knight, Diddy Kong (he'll look great now that he won't have blonde fur!), :laugh: Ness, Captain Falcon, Weegee (Year of the Weegee), Zelda, the Pokémon Trainer, Marth, Ike, Falco, etc.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I think it is viable to consider the possibility that this time around, characters revealed early on may not be on the starting roster. I can definitely see WFT and Mega Man being unlockable; in Mega Man's case, Snake is the perfect example. While precedent has illustrated that early reveals translate to starting status, that formula is not set in stone, and may not be the case this time around. K. Rool and/or Dixie could be revealed prior to release on the game's website and still be unlockable characters. From what we know, there's no rule saying it can't happen.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
How often do you think we will get char reveal's on the DoJo either it be newcomers or Veterans? How often did Brawl give us new chars reveals on that DoJo?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How often do you think we will get char reveal's on the DoJo either it be newcomers or Veterans? How often did Brawl give us new chars reveals on that DoJo?
They didn't reveal characters on a regular basis, though it seems like the average time between characters were ranking from 5 days to over a week, including veterans, judging from the time stamps on the character pages. I'm expecting a good couple of veterans to be confirmed as soon as possible.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Then again, am missing the text of the characters in the Dojo like we had in Brawl. Hope Sakurai will add these later. Not exactly like Brawl's Dojo, but just changes in the characters and stuff.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think it is viable to consider the possibility that this time around, characters revealed early on may not be on the starting roster. I can definitely see WFT and Mega Man being unlockable; in Mega Man's case, Snake is the perfect example. While precedent has illustrated that early reveals translate to starting status, that formula is not set in stone, and may not be the case this time around. K. Rool and/or Dixie could be revealed prior to release on the game's website and still be unlockable characters. From what we know, there's no rule saying it can't happen.
Nope. Newcomers revealed before the release of the game have always been starters, except 3rd party characters.

3rd party characters were hidden characters in Brawl (hence Sonic and Snake being hidden). Thus, it is all but confirmed that Mega Man will be a hidden character unless Sakurai changes his policy.

The only way I see this not being the case is if there are no hidden characters, which I don't think will happen.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Nope. Newcomers revealed before the release of the game have always been starters, except 3rd party characters.

3rd party characters were hidden characters in Brawl (hence Sonic and Snake being hidden). Thus, it is all but confirmed that Mega Man will be a hidden character unless Sakurai changes his policy.

The only way I see this not being the case is if there are no hidden characters, which I don't think will happen.
You know what tbh...i dont think they are any rules really...just what Sakurai thinks goes....ii was either you or Manly we were talking in another thread i said this exact thing and then you or him said ''what you tryna get at Sakurai is no freak some other stuff etc:''

After WTF/WFT i damn well feel like i deserve a appolgie but i dont mind....everyone is tryna guess **** and mold it into there logic i seem to be the only guy pretty much that understands/knows anything can happen...its just all Random! Sure somethings are mo.

Ugh...****ing **** phone net cutting out!!! Wa eva.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, Sakurai basically said all that in his Japanese Smash Dojo post after the Brawl trailer, which Samurai Panda translated. He has some very clear and precise rules, although he still likes to find ways to surprise us, catch us off guard, blow our minds, troll us, and ultimately draw more attention to new and forthcoming Smash Bros. games.
We went weeks and weeks without characters sometimes.
We went from sometime in November of 2006 to sometime in June of 2007 without a new character, and we went about 15 1/2 months between the first five revealed newcomers to the next new announced newcomer (Ike).

That's a huge time without news. I think what Sakurai is doing this time is better: giving us 2 years or so with minimal information, and then about 15-18 (20?) months filled with small tidbits that add up to a crap ton of information.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
When you lot think the game is gonna release? I think Christmas 2014 and i think it wont get delayed.

Also are all the chars set in stone? I think so.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
When you lot think the game is gonna release? I think Christmas 2014 and i think it wont get delayed.
Without a delay, I think like November 20th or so to December 10th or so is the most viable time, assuming both games are released at the same time.

However, given the power imbalances we saw (Mega Man doing 45%-50% with his down Smash), the fact Melee was delayed once, and Brawl was delayed at least twice, I think a delay is very likely, especially since we are getting two smash bros games, not one, and they will both work differently and be balanced completely differently. Still, at least they can patch really overpowered or underpowered stuff easily now, which is a huge sigh of relief for the development team.
Also are all the chars set in stone? I think so.
There's 12 that definitely are, about about a dozen to two dozen more that basically confirmed minus removing the certain from them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Does anyone else here love the Vikings as much as I do? Cause right now, I already love them way more than the Tikis.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Without a delay, I think like November 20th or so to December 10th or so is the most viable time, assuming both games are released at the same time.

However, given the power imbalances we saw (Mega Man doing 45%-50% with his down Smash), the fact Melee was delayed once, and Brawl was delayed at least twice, I think a delay is very likely, especially since we are getting two smash bros games, not one, and they will both work differently and be balanced completely differently. Still, at least they can patch really overpowered or underpowered stuff easily now, which is a huge sigh of relief for the development team.

There's 12 that definitely are, about about a dozen to two dozen more that basically confirmed minus removing the certain from them.
Even if it does get delayed i dunno from Summer 2014 too Christmas 2014 i think. Bottom line im sure it will release next year.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Does anyone else here love the Vikings as much as I do? Cause right now, I already love them way more than the Tikis.
Yeah, the Vikings is a fun way to go. Plus, they could easily be a rival, ally, or even new servants of K. Rool. Still, it would be awesome if they joked on K. Rool's absence, or used the plot to explain it, like as if his plot was so "diabolical" that he needed to wait 2 games to fully execute it and come at the Kongs... or that he has been displaced as a villain, and is now the Kongs begrudging ally (who either remains their ally temporarily, cuts off the alliance afterwards, or was faking being their ally all along for some super evil secret awesome special diabolical plot!!!).

Even if it does get delayed i dunno from Summer 2014 too Christmas 2014 i think. Bottom line im sure it will release next year.
I could see an August or September release happening for one game, but not both.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wait. Vikings?

Here's hoping to see K. Rool getting a viking persona.

That would be amazing and a nod to Kaptain K. Rool as well.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
They're certainly better than Tikis, though that's really not saying much at all. I think they'd be more at home in a Dreamworks film than a DKC game, but if the Kremlings absolutely can't return (until K. Rool is in a Smash game), I'm glad it's Vikings and not my previous one-game
villain prediction, the Flamingo Flak Pack (to parallel Tikis as Hawaiian accessory baddies).

On the subject of unlockables, I'm theorizing that Sakurai has learned from the poor unlockable choices made in Brawl, keeping only ROB, Lucario, Toon Link and Wolf as unlockable newcomers, along with a handful of obvious veterans...not that exciting. Now, we have a handful of obvious veterans right off the bat, along with only three newcomers, two of which were surprises. Based off of this, he's taking the opposite approach this time, which isn't great in terms of us getting info on the game quickly, but is fantastic for building hype.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Vikings look a lot better than the Tikis, and well, not having Tikis again means K.Rool is still the top notch villain of the DKC series ;) And I think we'll get them back in a next game. Why? Cause Retro brought back Dixie and David Wise already! I have absolute faith in them restoring the series to full glory, and I can play this game with an easy heart knowing the Kremlings WILL return after this.

And yes, Brawl had some poor unlockable characters. They should've totally made either MetaKnight or King Dedede unlockables for example. Possibly both? Maybe Wario and Diddy to?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That'll probably not happen, and I brace myself for keeping those thoughts away cause I don't wanna be dissapointed.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The Vikings look a lot better than the Tikis, and well, not having Tikis again means K.Rool is still the top notch villain of the DKC series ;) And I think we'll get them back in a next game. Why? Cause Retro brought back Dixie and David Wise already! I have absolute faith in them restoring the series to full glory, and I can play this game with an easy heart knowing the Kremlings WILL return after this.

And yes, Brawl had some poor unlockable characters. They should've totally made either MetaKnight or King Dedede unlockables for example. Possibly both? Maybe Wario and Diddy to?
One of the Biggest reasons why i want Sm4sh to release is that so no one will talk about Brawl anymore and that everyone will forget it....RealTalk.

Such a Dissapointment...(-_-)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy Kong as Top Tier had given me more than enough fun with the game though. :diddy:

Till MetaKnight ruined it all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I normally like most of your post because they are either funny or i agree with em sorry but not this one....

I'm taking advantage out of random tripping, cause people WANT to random trip against me instead of me making them trip. :demon:

Don't mind me, I'm trippin' :colorful:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
One of the Biggest reasons why i want Sm4sh to release is that so no one will talk about Brawl anymore and that everyone will forget it....RealTalk.

why do you hate brawl so much? was it because it was so much more different from melee?

I didn't have melee, just 64 and Brawl, and I can say that Melee might be my least favorite game because of it. (it's still REALLY GOOD, though, don't get me wrong.) I really liked brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Only think Kremling-related I might expect form this game is a sunken Crocodile Island perhaps.

Which, of coarse, would be totally awesome.

Thoughts about Kong K.Rool as a 4th playable character in DKCR2 btw?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Well if SSB4 doesn't sell as much as Brawl by some chance, you can expect people like SmashChu to still talk about Brawl like it's the holy grail of Smash Bros and gaming because of how much it sold.

How would that work?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
It could be very interesting. While Dixie seems to basically recreate her playstyle from the SNES titles, K. Rool could bring in some new abilities to play around with. He could use his crown throw to essentially give him a throw-able barrel at all times, but perhaps at the cost of being slow and having poor jumps (ignoring his athleticism in DKC1). Maybe the smaller Kongs could piggy-back on his shoulders, and he could use his blunderbuss to shoot them at enemies or across gaps.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That would be awesome even if it was for a different game mode or something, not that I would get all my hopes up for it but still.

When does the 3DS DKCR come out again?

D

Deleted member

@ GoldenY: Toad is still leagues above Waluigi and Dr.Mario. And the new game he's playable in proves that. Classic 4 biotch! And please, kindly, get ****ed in the *** yourself. :)
Their lack of an appearance in the new game means absolutely nothing if you had a ****ing brain.
What logic would there have been for Mario's alter-ego from another continuity or someone who hates everyone (especially Luigi) to help out Mario and co.? Answer, THERE IS NONE.
You don't see Wario playable either. Guess Toad is leagues above him as well just because Blue Toad is a main playable character again and Wario is not. :rolleyes:

And really, I am not against Toad, nor am I against K. Rool. I'm one of the bloody Kutthroats for crying out loud!
Hell, I never even spoke negatively of K. Rool, just that with Dixie revealed to have a major role again while K. Rool hasn't, she stands as more likely at this point if there were only to be one DK newcomer (at which I still think two is plausible).
And you think that's grounds to be a jackass, trash Dr. Mario and Waluigi, who I didn't even bring up and are irrelevant to the thread and tell me to "shut up"?
Do us all a favor and OD.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
O_o Oh My

Well uhmm...

Yeah, I realy hope the 4th secret character is K.Rool. Would be great to have an even stronger feeling that they'll be in Smash with both wanted DK reps appearing in the new game.

Top Bottom