• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Was coming here to post that. Leak is fake, everyone. We can breathe easily now.
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

I noticed something funky with that spot a few hours ago, but couldn't put my finger on it. That leaky corner is most assuredly NOT a result of faulty GUI.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
As convincing as those renders look, I don't buy that leak yet because the guy hasn't shown a single screenshot of those new characters during actual gameplay. A render can be easy enough to design, but a convincing game model? Not so much...
That's a valid point. It would seem that whoever is taking these pictures has access to the game and is able to select characters and stages. You would think that he would be able to actually start a match with those characters, and provide pictures of such.

The fact that he has not done so yet, along with a number of other odd details, lead me to believe that this is just another well-made fake.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
This may be the most petty thing to bring up and I'm not using it as the sole pillar of the argument for real or fake but...

Look at the roster screen. Do the dividing lines for the characters seem a bit inconsistent to you? The top row in general is what I refer to. The lines mid to bottom look hella thinner to me.

The ones dividing Mario and Luigi + Samus and Zamus are the ones screaming at me.

It's not difficult to compare. Am I just crazy or do any of you see it too?

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Guys. My K. Rool Friends. I think there are a couple telltale signs of less-than-honest representations in this "leak":

One thing that jumps out at me about this leak is the name of DHD:

"Duck Hunt"

Not just because of the fact that it doesn't make sense to name a character that, but the Translators and NoA Localization Team should never let that through.

Say "Duck Hunt" fast. If it doesn't jump out at you keep saying it fast. Go on. Keep going. Notice a dirty word come out of your mouth?

Seems a little too suspicious of a name for a piece of "legit" info. Add onto that the game copy is labeled as "ESRB008" or something. Notice the "B008".

Both these things look like signatures - tags - something a graffiti artist might leave.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
To me, the name of the Dog being 'Duck Hunt' actually points toward it being more real in my eyes. Think about it. It contains the dog and the ducks, not just one. I'm half drunk right now, so this will probably not make much sense, but it being 'Duck Hunt' encompasses the whole game, like Mr. Game & Watch did for the entire G&W line.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I ain't gonna let a leak (a well-done leak I might add) destroy my hopes of getting King K. Rool to finally become a playable in Super Smash Bros. Stay optimistic fellow Kutthroats!

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
To me, the name of the Dog being 'Duck Hunt' actually points toward it being more real in my eyes. Think about it. It contains the dog and the ducks, not just one. I'm half drunk right now, so this will probably not make much sense, but it being 'Duck Hunt' encompasses the whole game, like Mr. Game & Watch did for the entire G&W line.
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. There's a slim to none chance that they brought the announcer in, had him say "Duck Hunt!" in his most dramatic voice, and no one paused and said:

"Wait a minute. That sounds like he's saying 'DUH C***'!"

I can't see that going through.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. There's a slim to none chance that they brought the announcer in, had him say "Duck Hunt!" in his most dramatic voice, and no one paused and said:

Possibly, but I can't really see that stopping a game made in Japan, where that word isn't part of the language.

I really don't want to believe that this trainwreck of a roster is what we're getting, but I expect the worst. Maybe it's my inrcedible capacity for cynicism, but something about this feels depressingly realistic.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would normally agree, but the fact that history may be repeating itself yet again keeps me back from completely disregarding it. I think it would be wise to wait it out a bit and see what happens.

Otherwise, I think both sides are jumping the gun here. But it happens all the time with leaks anyway.
If history is repeating itself, this is the equivalent of the 44 character roster leak being believed over the real 39 character roster leak.

Also, the real roster never got visually leaked this early, and the smash CSS from pre-release to release never have gotten even minor touch ups (sans with character icon sizes).

Why now would they remove the names when you can hardly tell the difference in the faces of Lucina and Marth and in Shulk and Robin=???

Also, why in the holy hell would anyone put in Dr. Mario over any character playable in Melee or Brawl=???

It makes no sense.

Then there's the lack of the Ice Climbers and a Donkey Kong Country stage, which is just flat out insanely hilarious.

Edit: If they wanted to be "really real" with it, they'd post a video or capture a 720p image.

You know, like what smartphones do=???

Last edited:

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Possibly, but I can't really see that stopping a game made in Japan, where that word isn't part of the language.

I really don't want to believe that this trainwreck of a roster is what we're getting, but I expect the worst. Maybe it's my inrcedible capacity for cynicism, but something about this feels depressingly realistic.
You're right, but this leak looks to be an English localized version.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Guys, just watch as Sakurai reveals Dr. Mario as an alt for Mario. This leak is fake. Dr. Mario ain't coming back.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
The fact that Kid Icarus now has more characters than Donkey Kong is complete utter bull****. That is, if you actually believe that God awful leak.
:shaker:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Ah, c'mon it's not that bad...

Jokes aside I'm sifting through GAF at the moment. It's going nuts over there. Not fighting.*

"Leaks". Leaks eeeeeverywhere. It's given me my sense of humour back now at least!

*The thread for Samus' new outfits on the other hand. I got to Page 18 of around 27 (at time of writing) before I couldn't take it anymore.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Ah, c'mon it's not that bad...
It is to me. Maybe I shouldn't be complaining since I got Mega Man, but Sakurai giving the two most popular first party characters the middle finger salute, damning Mewtwo again for absolutely no reason, and shamelessly pimping out a series he worked on like a cheap prostitute makes me more than a little angry. The fact that the game was announced in 2011, and three years of wild speculation all added up to this aberration of a character selection make me feel like I wasted my time. If this thing is indeed legit (and with gameplay screens now, it's looking depressingly likely), it's a safe assumption that all our demand and support fell on deaf ears, and it never meant anything.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Funny, I'm starting to disbelieve it more and more as time passes, despite being initially blown away when looking at it. Here's one of the reasons why.

To make this post not a complete case of being Greninja'd. . .

--He says the Ice Climbers are planned DLC. Because they're totally just going to become DLC mere months after release after being left out due to Sakurai's alleged inability to put them in after nearly three years of game development.
--This is all in English. When Brawl leaked, it was all in Japanese.
--It's all menus save that one screenshot of Shulk punching (exactly like Ike) on the Brawl Yoshi's Island. Brawl leaked with screenshots from literally everywhere (a lot of new stages, Subspace Emissary, menus, Classic intro screenshots, even the Trophy Gallery).

Last edited:

Sagashi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sagashi
I DO kind of want the Duck Hunt Dog + Ducks duo (Because from what I've heard, they'd play like Banjo-Kazooie, thus filling a sorely missed character's playstyle), but otherwise I don't like this "Leak". I'd also heard they didn't have everyone in this leak, so this seems kind of silly. So, yeah, even if it's real, I think the King still has a chance.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Funny, I'm starting to disbelieve it more and more as time passes, despite being initially blown away when looking at it. Here's one of the reasons why.

To make this post not a complete case of being Greninja'd. . .

--He says the Ice Climbers are planned DLC. Because they're totally just going to become DLC mere months after release after being left out due to Sakurai's alleged inability to put them in after nearly three years of game development.
--This is all in English. When Brawl leaked, it was all in Japanese.
--It's all menus save that one screenshot of Shulk punching (exactly like Ike) on the Brawl Yoshi's Island. Brawl leaked with screenshots from literally everywhere (a lot of new stages, Subspace Emissary, menus, Classic intro screenshots, even the Trophy Gallery).
I can't stress this enough, one, even seemingly tiny error in any of the characters invalidates the lot. If any part is fake, it's fake. You know what though, forgetting a lot of the obvious things there are two things that stick out:

1. Mr Game & Watch's render is wrong, we've already seen in, and the one they used wasn't it
2. Ness' shirt is wrong, seems like a small detail, but it's been consistent this entire time, not this time though

There are a ton of other issues, inconsistencies and odd differences from what we've already seen, but those two on their own invalidate it. Someone put a lot of effort into it, but the "leak" is almost certainly fake.

This is only going to heat up between now and release, and what's worse, if all the detail isn't out at release, we've going to get some really nice fakes coming out once the game itself is out, at least for that first day or so.

Fun times.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The roster is identical to the Ninka Kiwi leak. Although I think it loses legitimacy because characters are separate from the rest of their franchise on the roster (eg. Lucina, Dark Pitt). It could be that the leaker has just tried to replicate that leak.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
There is still hope. I'm split. I don't know if it's true or not. Yeah there are inconsistencies but, dang, that character art. I could easily believe this is the actual Duck Hunt Dog and Ness artwork.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
There is still hope. I'm split. I don't know if it's true or not. Yeah there are inconsistencies but, dang, that character art. I could easily believe this is the actual Duck Hunt Dog and Ness artwork.
Ness' render is wrong. Look at the sleeves. Ness has had very consistent character art in terms of the shirt design, and this doesn't fit that: see here.

Someone put a lot of work into it, but it's clearly fake.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Normally I wouldn't argue that such a minor detail would matter...
But Sakurai had bothered to keep that minor detail for 3 games straight. Of course he'll do it again in Sm4sh.
Also King K Rool is cool and we should probably get back on topic

Last edited:

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I posted in this the main thread, however I thought I would also post it here for you guys!

I've been speaking with Neo and the Motherfking leaker, too.

For clarity's sake, these are the only pictures he's claiming he leaked:

and

He also posted the info about the DLC characters. According to him, every other pic we've seen has been leaked by someone unconnected to him.
So supposedly the original leaker only leaked these pictures. He posted in the leak thread and gives off a "**** disturber" kinda vibe. He doesn't seem like the 100% truthful type.

My thoughts is that this is legit, however he may be holding back a few characters just to troll us. Either way, these pictures coming from a sketchy guy is enough for me to double check this leak.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I posted in this the main thread, however I thought I would also post it here for you guys!

So supposedly the original leaker only leaked these pictures. He posted in the leak thread and gives off a "**** disturber" kinda vibe. He doesn't seem like the 100% truthful type.

My thoughts is that this is legit, however he may be holding back a few characters just to troll us. Either way, these pictures coming from a sketchy guy is enough for me to double check this leak.
Double check it you should, as those two picture are almost certainly fakes:

- Mr Game & Watch is using his Brawl render, not the one showed to us for Smash 4
- Ness' render is wrong
- Even if you take it as a given that they have changed the UI since E3, the UI he has shown in those two pictures aren't even self consistent

If a good fake, but it's a fake.

The story given doesn't even seen to make sense, as the ESRB would not have been given a copy of the game from what I know of the process, just samples of the content. In that case he wouldn't have been taken pictures of any screen (especially not one that isn't even a 3DS), they would have had samples of the content, which would have been far more convincing if they were posted, rather than the usual potato vision that people now see as the gold standard for "leaks".

Last edited:

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Double check it you should, as those two picture are almost certainly fakes:

- Mr Game & Watch is using his Brawl render, not the one showed to us for Smash 4
- Ness' render is wrong
- Even if you take it as a given that they have changed the UI since E3, the UI he has shown in those two pictures aren't even self consistent

If a good fake, but it's a fake.
All of these points and alot more have been disproved in the leaker thread. I don't really have time to go find all the responses but you guys can believe what you want. The only valid points against those two pictures are nit-picks. This is coming from someone who is dieing for K Rool to get in.

They are not 100% real but are very likely. We just have to hope they don't show all the characters.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is the "E3 demo roster leak" all over again. The legitimacy of this leak is extremely questionable, especially due to the whole ESRB thing. That's really what kills it for me.

The renders are very good, but I've seen several of those icons before. Namely I've seen both Shulk's and Dark Pit's. Anyway, I'm not worried too much about it. This clearly isn't the final roster anyway.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
All of these points and alot more have been disproved in the leaker thread. I don't really have time to go find all the responses but you guys can believe what you want. The only valid points against those two pictures are nit-picks. This is coming from someone who is dieing for K Rool to get in.

They are not 100% real but are very likely. We just have to hope they don't show all the characters.
So it probably is legit. Lovely. Bloody beautiful.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is the "E3 demo roster leak" all over again. The legitimacy of this leak is extremely questionable, especially due to the whole ESRB thing. That's really what kills it for me.

The renders are very good, but I've seen several of those icons before. Namely I've seen both Shulk's and Dark Pit's. Anyway, I'm not worried too much about it. This clearly isn't the final roster anyway.
Start convincing me babe, I'm what I consider one of the most positive Supporters on this joint.
I just got into this whole leak, and I'm actually riding this train. I could dissuade he others, they all felt very untrue.
This one I'm honestly not sure about. I'm gonna post the thread I put in the leak thread here.

____My VIEWS____

On one hand, I feel it could be true, just listening to my gut, that certain idiosyncratic marks (Yoshi/clone placement in particular) would be resolved at a later time, and that it is truly sakurai to have these things move around. Things like Duck Hunt dog and the Bowser Jr fading image were certainly... well done.

At the same time, the fact that the leaker just got on for a moment to stir hype more, and got off, that he had merely a comment or two to say on these leaks, his name, the behavior in general as a psychological profile.... no, his ego is showing some similar tendencies that Gematsu did, in what I believe was a bit of information which he allowed to go to his head and be treated as a God.

I think there are pieces to this that are legit. But Sakurai is all about clean lines; that messy template could certainly be the roster, I just have an incredibly difficult time seeing how it would devolve into such chaos on an aesthetic level, because while it shows what it NEEDS to show, the emotional flow of that CSS is nauseating and a nightmare to look at. Sakurai has commented on how he wants his displays to look in the past, and this does not fit at all with his statements.

It is just so difficult to remove personal desires and opinions from this one.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace

How about actually showing how they're disproved then, as unless I specifically go and get access to that section, I can't see it. You might as well just be saying "cause reasons" at this point.

When you consider the level of detail they have put into the game, you can't call having Ness' shirt entirely wrong and using a model for Game & Watch that is different from the one they already showed us "nitpicks".

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord

The suspicious thing I see about that actually is the dog should be named Mr. Peepers instead of Duck Hunt Dog. I mean, I think it would be like calling Samus "Metroid woman" or something.

Top Bottom