• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am actually sort of upset that there's more talk about K.Rool's role in the cartoon than his actual roles in the games.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Am actually sort of upset that there's more talk about K.Rool's role in the cartoon than his actual roles in the games.
Well, I've kind of transcended it mostly. I know in my heart of hearts how perfect he is. So I've got plenty of time to celebrate his *ahem* questionable feats.

But it's not gone completely. That much I'm happy for. People are still speculating even I'm not.

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
Add me to the list of kutthroats, hail to the king baby!

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Random thing, but: Remember back in Brawl, K. Rool's trophy was one of the hardest to obtain from the challenge wall. So he definitely got more than a simple acknowledgement last time.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anyone else think that the box art not having any additional companies on it may mean that the only newcomers we'll get reveal before the Japanese release of Smash 3DS are just Nintendo-owned 1st party characters=???

This would disqualify Shulk (because Monolith Soft would be listed), Isaac (Camelot would be listed), possibly the Chorus Men (TNX Music Recordings might be listed), and any 3rd party characters.

It also discounts veterans Ness, Lucas, and Snake as well from being starter characters if that indeed lists just the starters like all Smash games.

That basically leaves us with just characters from the following franchises:
-Mario (characters debuting in Super Mario RPG excluded)
-Donkey Kong (all titles)
-Zelda
-Metroid
-Star Fox

And basically nothing else.

That means the top candidates to be revealed beforehand among potential newcomers would be Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky, Krystal, and Impa.

But mostly just Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie, and kinda sorta Cranky.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyone else think that the box art not having any additional companies on it may mean that the only newcomers we'll get reveal before the Japanese release of Smash 3DS are just Nintendo-owned 1st party characters=???

This would disqualify Shulk (because Monolith Soft would be listed), Isaac (Camelot would be listed), possibly the Chorus Men (TNX Music Recordings might be listed), and any 3rd party characters.

It also discounts veterans Ness, Lucas, and Snake as well from being starter characters if that indeed lists just the starters like all Smash games.

-Zelda
-Metroid
-Star Fox

That means the top candidates to be revealed beforehand among potential newcomers would be Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky, Krystal, and Impa.

That means nothing, Look at the smashboards home thing and read it, it says that companies have done this before, but credit the 3rd parties in the credits, not in the box

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That means nothing, Look at the smashboards home thing and read it, it says that companies have done this before, but credit the 3rd parties in the credits, not in the box
I was talking about starters only.

That doesn't confirm or deconfirm anyone.

Obviously the box art doesn't include hidden characters (unless they're revealed well ahead of time pre-release like Sonic and Snake were in Brawl).

That's probably why APE or ITOI isn't on the box art this time (the same thing happened in 64), and why Konami isn't there this time, or any additional companies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was talking about starters only.

That doesn't confirm or deconfirm anyone.

Obviously the box art doesn't include hidden characters (unless they're revealed well ahead of time pre-release like Sonic and Snake were in Brawl).

That's probably why APE or ITOI isn't on the box art this time (the same thing happened in 64), and why Konami isn't there this time, or any additional companies.
My apologies about misunderstanding you

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My apologies about misunderstanding you
Nah no problem.

You mistook me for the people who don't read the back of the box arts of previous smash games like we do!!! :laugh:

Because in 64 it clearly doesn't say "APE" (but it says that when you unlock Ness), in Melee it doesn't clearly say "Intelligent Games" (it does when you unlock Marth and/or Roy), and in Smash 4 it clearly doesn't say a lot of things.

Why am I getting the feeling Smash 4 will have more characters that weren't revealed pre-release than Melee and Brawl did (which is 12 characters for both games btw)=???

Oh yeah, because that's what's almost definitely gonna happen unless we get a mass dump of character reveals soon.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

-Zelda
-Metroid
-Star Fox

Monolift Soft is 100% 1st party though. And they only have to list the 2nd or 3rd party companies that own characters that are featured on the box.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Monolift Soft is 100% 1st party though. And they only have to list the 2nd or 3rd party companies that own characters that are featured on the box.
Well, what I mean is that Nintendo owns the whole rights to the character, but Nintendo did not make the character, but rather a company they entirely own, with that company being Monolith Soft.

===

Also, Intelligent Game is 2nd party, and, again, they were listed on the box. The same is true of APE in 64 and now Smash 4.

So unless Marth and Roy weren't in Melee, Ness wasn't in 64, and Ness or Lucas aren't in Smash 4, your point is m00t.

Also, they only have to do legally put a notice there for characters that are advertised on the box. Hidden characters don't need to have that written there.

However, said studios' names need to be acknowledge somewhere accessible in the game once that content is unlocked.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
While I fully support King K. Rool in Smash, I just want to say, dat EYE

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

These are concept art drawings that you can unlock in Tropical Freeze. Don't they remind you of something from the past?

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Does anybody else think that K Rool will be the next villain in the next DKC game? I think it will reveal that he was behind the Tiki and Viking attacks, and since they failed he says will take care of Donkey Kong himself.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Does anybody else think that K Rool will be the next villain in the next DKC game? I think it will reveal that he was behind the Tiki and Viking attacks, and since they failed he says will take care of Donkey Kong himself.
I think that's what everyone is wishing for.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think they've been building towards the 2nd DKC trilogy ending with K. Rool the entire time.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I really hate to bring this up, but...

We've all seen this, right? I'm still hoping that K. Rool might show up, if its real.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I really hate to bring this up, but...

We've all seen this, right? I'm still hoping that K. Rool might show up, if its real.
If its real, based on the layout, I'd say there's 5 characters we don't know about. There's just so many inconsistencies between this and the E3 build, though, that makes me belief its fake. The layout doesn't look right, lack of ANY DK newcomer, the renders look weird, and why the hell can't they get a halfways decent pic out of this ****?

Top Bottom