• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Fake. Unless :4mii: somehow got cut for whatever reason this late in development.
No, Mii Fighters are quite likely a separate option, as people have suggested for some time. They probably don't even have a roster slot. If this is real (the renders look real enough), its clearly not the final roster.

That said, I'm positive I've seen the Shulk and Dark Pit renders SEVERAL times on past fake leaks before. The icons I saw looked exactly like those ones.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
No, Mii Fighters are quite likely a separate option, as people have suggested for some time. They probably don't even have a roster slot. If this is real (the renders look real enough), its clearly not the final roster.

That said, I'm positive I've seen the Shulk and Dark Pit renders SEVERAL times on past fake leaks before. The icons I saw looked exactly like those ones.
"Separate option"? As in,.......huh? People suggesting it makes it real?

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
Well, i could see that being real, with the Big 3 being used to "hype" mister suckurai's new crappy gimmick that will render several stages downright unplayable after a few novelty matches. Seriously, Dark Pit is the bottom of the barrel. Sakurai should just step down altogether from the next installment.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I really hate to bring this up, but...

We've all seen this, right? I'm still hoping that K. Rool might show up, if its real.
Things I feel skeptical about this picture here.
- Lucina not being grouped with the Fire Emblem franchise
- Dr. Mario getting a slot as a separate character again?
- Lack of Ice Climbers and no Wolf
It looks to be incomplete as there are no Ridley and K. Rool. Can't help but feel a little nervous about this.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I can't believe its real, but...

We might just be in the same scenario that the pre-Brawl fandom went through in late 2007-early 2008.

Guys, I'm scared.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It looks to be incomplete as there are no Ridley and K. Rool. Can't help but feel a little nervous about this.
I can't help but get nervous either, but I think this "leak" if real proves there's more characters, at least one more. If the roster was really 48, they'd have just make it 10 characters wide, especially since apparently they changed the plan of having the character names right below the characters in this roster so it wouldn't matter if they decreased the size of the character icons.

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
Someone said the leaker hadn't unlocked everything yet, so there's still some hope. But cutting Lucas and Wolf and adding Dark Pit is enough to warrant a kick in the butt from the director's chair.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596

We've all seen this, right? I'm still hoping that K. Rool might show up, if its real.
Am I the only one seeing how messed up Wario's eye looks? I feel like he is staring into my soul.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
This new leak makes me nervous. The layout is all weird and there are no names for the characters, but yet the Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr. and Shulk models look convincing. I hope this one is fake.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This new leak makes me nervous. The layout is all weird and there are no names for the characters, but yet the Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr. and Shulk models look convincing. I hope this one is fake.
I'm pretty sure I've seen that Shulk icon before on past fake leaks. Same with Dark Pit, and Wario appears to have been dragged straight from the SSE cutscene where he attacks Lucas and Ness.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don't think I believe in this leak anymore. There's too much going against it, and considering that it seems to be based on the Ninka "leak", where are the Chorus Kids?

K. Rool is safe for right now. I just can't believe that someone like Dark Pit could get in over him.

Last edited:

El Chunko

Smash Cadet

I'm calling fake.. the render of Gannondorf looks straight out of Twilight Princess gameplay, screenshot of Wario was probably taken out of the first Brawl trailer.

That and there's no good reason Dr. Mario should have his own character slot - there's practically a 100% chance he's not an individual fighter

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm calling fake.. the render of Gannondorf looks straight out of Twilight Princess gameplay, screenshot of Wario was probably taken out of the first Brawl trailer.

That and there's no good reason Dr. Mario should have his own character slot - there's practically a 100% chance he's not an individual fighter
Yeah. [Ganondorf] He's almost in complete darkness. Makes me feel a bit better here.

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
I know I should take this as fake but that 3D model of the Duck Hunt Dog is kinda scaring me. I have never seen a model in fake leaks that look like that, i'm starting to sway towards it being real. Please help me.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I know I should take this as fake but that 3D model of the Duck Hunt Dog is kinda scaring me. I have never seen a model in fake leaks that look like that, i'm starting to sway towards it being real. Please help me.
There's talented fakers out there. They've proven time and again their capable of fooling a significant portion of the fanbase.
I just wish they wouldn't though. It's getting too chaotic and stressful now. Same goes for actual leakers.

Zynux

Smash Lord
People who believe this leak are hilariously gullible.
I would normally agree, but the fact that history may be repeating itself yet again keeps me back from completely disregarding it. I think it would be wise to wait it out a bit and see what happens.

Otherwise, I think both sides are jumping the gun here. But it happens all the time with leaks anyway.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would normally agree, but the fact that history may be repeating itself yet again keeps me back from completely disregarding it. I think it would be wise to wait it out a bit and see what happens.

Otherwsie, I think both sides are jumping the gun here. But it happens all the time with leaks anyway.
I'm trying to clarify to people to not just disregard the leak outright, although I personally think the evidence leans more towards "well-done" fake than actual legit leak.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
This leak is fake. No need to worry. Besides, it was already riding on the coattails of an already skeptical "leak" that didn't even claim that those were everyone.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
If Dark Pit and Dr. Mario get in over K. Rool, then I will literally boycott the game.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
This leak is fake. No need to worry. Besides, it was already riding on the coattails of an already skeptical "leak" that didn't even claim that those were everyone.
The leak isn't guranteed fake as much as I want it to be.

It is just as likely real(if not more) as fake. We should be worried imo.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
*pours one out for what may be the King's final hour* Goodnight sweet monarch. You may be forgotten by Sakurai, but your tyranny will live on in our hearts. ;_;

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
*pours one out for what may be the King's final hour* Goodnight sweet monarch. You may be forgotten by Sakurai, but your tyranny will live on in our hearts. ;_;
Only thing that will save him now is if Sakurai develops the next DKC game. Then in SSB5 we'll get K. Rool, Dixie, and Cranky, as well as the entire Kremling Krew as adventure mode enemies, all the animal buddies as Assist Trophies, and Gangplank Galleon+Krazy Kremland as stages.

Last edited:

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Only thing that will save him now is if Sakurai develops the next DKC game. Then in SSB5 we'll get K. Rool, Dixie and Cranky, as well as the entire Kremling Krew as adventure mode enemies, all the animal buddies as Assist Trophies, and Gangplank Galleon+Krazy Kremland as stages.
On the topic of stages, the leak didn't show off ANY new DK Stage (or at least from what I could tell)

Dr.Turtle

Smash Cadet
Is it just me, or does Game & Watch's hand go outside of his box? Would that prove (or at least suggest) that the leak's fake?

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
Only thing that will save him now is if Sakurai develops the next DKC game. Then in SSB5 we'll get K. Rool, Dixie and Cranky, as well as the entire Kremling Krew as adventure mode enemies, all the animal buddies as Assist Trophies, and Gangplank Galleon+Krazy Kremland as stages.
Forgot multiple PotDs with K. Rool and Dixie beating the crap out of Samus.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
This is what I call BS on. There's no Kirby stages AT ALL, either.
Another thing I noticed is the DLC part. From what I know DLC hasn't been confirmed yet or could maybe in the talks. How did the leaker know about characters who, according to the leak, are maybe DLC? Or even if the game will have DLC at all?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As convincing as those renders look, I don't buy that leak yet because the guy hasn't shown a single screenshot of those new characters during actual gameplay. A render can be easy enough to design, but a convincing game model? Not so much...

Also, I'd have to see it to believe that we're getting absolutely nothing new from DK whatsoever aside from a token Wii U stage, despite having a revival that outsold Sakurai's baby and Awakening multiple times over.

Top Bottom