• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
How did they corroborate part of the leaked images? I certainly didn't see that.
You'll want to check the leak group thread for the details, but it seems that a screenshot of the Tomodachi Life stage showed up today showing a particular room that hasn't been seen before. On closer inspection, the thumbnail for this stage found on the leaked screen of the stage select shows this same room clearly enough to identify it.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
MAH SIG DEMANDS ATTENTION! Also, the leak didn't hurt K.Rool in the slightest
What? If there is ANYTHING this leak does it hurt it is K Rool's chance.

Even if there are characters left to be unlocked, based on previous leak information that lines up with the current roster the DK rep would be dixie not K Rool.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What? If there is ANYTHING this leak does it hurt it is K Rool's chance.

Even if there are characters left to be unlocked, based on previous leak information that lines up with the current roster the DK rep would be dixie not K Rool.
The guy stated he didn't unlock everyone, remember? And the fact that we are supposed to believe that Flat Zone gets a foreground yet Gameboy doesn't implies it's either fake for not having Gameboy or it's incomplete

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I find it hard to believe that other leak, since it came from a different source. Also because it has Ridley and Mewtwo, both of which would be of some consolation.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
The guy stated he didn't unlock everyone, remember? And the fact that we are supposed to believe that Flat Zone gets a foreground yet Gameboy doesn't implies it's either fake for not having Gameboy or it's incomplete
The original leaker NEVER stated that he didn't unlock everyone. People are just speculating its possible.

And I don't really know what your trying to say about the gameboy stage, but it has been talked about(and I agree) that it is likely a Kirby-themed game boy stage and not a generic one. The pic of the day hints at this and the picture in the leak is also of a kirby stage.

Last edited:

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I find it hard to believe that other leak, since it came from a different source. Also because it has Ridley and Mewtwo, both of which would be of some consolation.
Yes, I know. However if it is true getting the current "leak" roster + Ridley, mewtwo, dixie would make for an amazing roster. Even without K Rool.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The original leaker NEVER stated that he didn't unlock everyone. People are just speculating its possible.

And I don't really know what your trying to say about the gameboy stage, but it has been talked about(and I agree) that it is likely a Kirby-themed game boy stage and not generic one. The pic of the day hints at this and the picture in the leak is also of a kirby stage.
I am 100% certain that this is fake, and K.Rool was TEASED at!

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I am 100% certain that this is fake, and K.Rool was TEASED at!
Think what you want. Bringing up "these are the reasons he is in the game", most of which I agree with you on, doesn't take away from the fact that in the likely(depending on your personal view) case the leak is real, K Rool's chances become very slim, very quickly.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Yes, I know. However if it is true getting the current "leak" roster + Ridley, mewtwo, dixie would make for an amazing roster. Even without K Rool.
Yeah, but I doubt we're getting any of them.

JHC, I hate everything. I didn't expect all of the big 3, but one of them would have at least been nice.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Think what you want. Bringing up "these are the reasons he is in the game", most of which I agree with you on, doesn't take away from the fact that in the likely(depending on your personal view) case the leak is real, K Rool's chances become very slim, very quickly.
Here's the thing: Sakurai made a 'no fake hype' rule, so that means all teased characters must be playable, Ridley, Palutena, Meta Knight, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii fighters, all of them teased along with K.Rool

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
For all of you who are around here being depressed all over the floor, the leaker said explicitly these weren't ALL the characters. There's still hope.

The leak may even be fake, as far as we know.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Here's the thing: Sakurai made a 'no fake hype' rule, so that means all teased characters must be playable, Ridley, Palutena, Meta Knight, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii fighters, all of them teased along with K.Rool
This is an unbelievable stretch, and I can clearly see you don't care about logical arguments and nothing I can say will change your mind, so no use even responding to you anymore.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Technically, K. Rool wasn't teased really... All they did was show off Kremlings in Smash Run. That's a helpful nod towards K. Rool, but it doesn't directly tease K. Rool at all.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
For all of you who are around here being depressed all over the floor, the leaker said explicitly these weren't ALL the characters. There's still hope.

The leak may even be fake, as far as we know.
No, the leaker didn't state that. The leaker had a question mark next to mewtwo. That is the only ambiguous thing we have.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K.Rool teasing:
DK in boxing ring VS reptiles, possibly smash run map being a ship, Kremlings not being mentioned and the Kremling trophy being the only trophy being the one with NEW on it last week.
Except that's all just a stretch. It could be a tease, or it could just be K. Rool fans believing what they want to believe. All of those are a stretch.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
K.Rool teasing:
DK in boxing ring VS reptiles, possibly smash run map being a ship, Kremlings not being mentioned and the Kremling trophy being the only trophy being the one with NEW on it last week.
That's some mighty fine straw grasping

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
If this leak is true, Sakurai bias is real. If it is real, Kid Icarus will have three characters and DK (and Metroid) will have two. Let's hope a pic of the day deconfirms this leak quckly.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not the one who thought of that! I only really thought about getting K.Rool a few weeks ago!
Yeah, I know other people brought it up. Its a possible tease, but right from the start I figured most people talking about it were grasping at straws.

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I've never posted in this thread before, but K. Rool is my 2nd most wanted newcomer, and he has my full support. Such an important character in Nintendo history that would be amazing to appear in Smash. The leak was from an incomplete build, and I am starting to believe that Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo (plus a Random spot possibly) are the remaining unlockables that weren't in the leak's build, though weirder things have happened and information can be wrong. I will do backflips if K. Rool and Ridley are playable, though I do want DHD fairly badly. Also, no Mach Rider which saddens me, though I know he had almost no shot at being in lol. By the way, I actually owned the Donkey Kong movie (movies?) with K. Rool singing and whatnot, they were awesome!!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok, so can anyone really telling me what's going on without being a *******?
Supposed leaks of the Smash Bros. roster and stage listing on 3DS. It doesn't have the full roster (apparently), there are no new DK newcomers at all, but there are 48 characters. Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr., Shulk, and Duck Hunt are the characters not in Brawl on that roster we don't know about yet. Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Ivysaur, and Squirtle are cut, with all but Ivysaur/Squirtle as DLC. Chorus Men will also be DLC.

Based on this leak DK, Kirby, Star Fox, and Metroid do not have any NEW and STARTING stages (the starting stages are returning stages for these franchises) for Smash 3DS (this has never happened before), although we don't know for sure if there's any secret stages.

Basically, its a big middle finger to the DK franchise.

There's another leak which matches up with this one (this leak is the same as the Ninka leak and is based on it) that has the same newcomers as well as Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo as a veteran, Chorus Men, and I think one other character I do not recall.

I disagree. I'd rather have nothing than having him reduced to a pinata or a painful reminder that occasionally shows up.
No, I think an AT at least shows K. Rool is still prominent in some way. Just being disregarded as a trophy again is a huge slap in the face. If K. Rool isn't playable (he SHOULD be, damnit), he should at least be an AT.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Just posting here because I feel really beaten down by that Leak thread and the leak in general and lack of sleep over it (I know, it is a video game, why so serious) and returning to my Smash home, the K Rool Thread, for some love.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Just posting here because I feel really beaten down by that Leak thread and the leak in general and lack of sleep over it (I know, it is a video game, why so serious) and returning to my Smash home, the K Rool Thread, for some love.

Whether you are a Kutthroat or kloset supporter, you're always welkome here.

Top Bottom