• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Here's the thing: Sakurai made a 'no fake hype' rule, so that means all teased characters must be playable, Ridley, Palutena, Meta Knight, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii fighters, all of them teased along with K.Rool
I hate to contribute to the doom and gloom nature that's eminating from this thread right now, but I don't think King K Rool was ever teased at least to the extent Ridley or Palutena or especially Meta Knight were. All I can think of is the Kremlings in Smash Run and we have the Tikis too, so that isn't exactly teasing... However if I'm wrong I apologize.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
These are common points explained in the leak thread. I think I am done posting here for awhile.

Guys I really want K Rool in. But I also stand behind logical discussion. Lots of you guys "blindly" deny the leak because it doesn't have K Rool. If it had K Rool in it, everyone would be on the other ship posting videos that explain why it is legit.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
These are common points explained in the leak thread. I think I am done posting here for awhile.

Guys I really want K Rool in. But I also stand behind logical discussion. Lots of you guys "blindly" deny the leak because it doesn't have K Rool. If it had K Rool in it, everyone would be on the other ship posting videos that explain why it is legit.
I deny the leak because Nintendo ain't that sloppy. Too many niggling details.

Edit: Shoot. Didn't mean to double post. Anyone know how (or if) I can delete posts?

Last edited:

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice

I totally agree I'm trying to come to terms with this being the roster in case it doesn't end up being debunked, but I'm not seeing it with every new update there's proof for it and against it. In all honesty I would be fine with that roster if it only added K Rool Ridley and Isaac; I would learn to deal with Doctor Mario and Dark Pit and since this morning I've started to like Duck Hunt Dog and I wanted Shulk and Bowser Jr anyway but without the big 3 and maybe Isaac I can't honestly say that I am happy with the roster...

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I totally agree I'm trying to come to terms with this being the roster in case it doesn't end up being debunked, but I'm not seeing it with every new update there's proof for it and against it. In all honesty I would be fine with that roster if it only added K Rool Ridley and Isaac; I would learn to deal with Doctor Mario and Dark Pit and since this morning I've started to like Duck Hunt Dog and I wanted Shulk and Bowser Jr anyway but without the big 3 and maybe Isaac I can't honestly say that I am happy with the roster...
I'd be extremely disappointed without K. Rool, but Mewtwo could ease the pain a bit. Unfortunately, it's looking unlikely as well, which means more fuel for the detractors.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Now everyone should calm down. This picture has a few things that are inconsistent with what we've seen before. Here me out please.

1. Falcon is missing the name that Bowser had in the previous shot. Where is it?
2. The human characters have LVs. Why? This isn't the bottom screen for Smash Run, that's for sure. These aren't CPUs either, or they would be grey.
3. The Duck isn't panned into the CSS but is here. Olimar and Rosalina both had their partners visual is the CSS.
4. Ness is missing his last stripe of Yellow before it meets his pants
5. ESRB doesn't even play the games, they are apparently shown on DVD to them. Why would the ESRB name be there then in the first place?
6. Duck Hunt and Ness seem to have a different artist than Diddy. They look more clay like. Especially Duck Hunt.

Just a few things I noticed.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I agree. I am fine with the "leaked roster" except for lack of K Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, and Bandana dee. Luckily the internet seems to have torn this "leak" to shreds and it seems to be much too early for this kind of leak anyways

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman

Now everyone should calm down. This picture has a few things that are inconsistent with what we've seen before. Here me out please.

1. Falcon is missing the name that Bowser had in the previous shot. Where is it?
2. The human characters have LVs. Why? This isn't the bottom screen for Smash Run, that's for sure. These aren't CPUs either, or they would be grey.
3. The Duck isn't panned into the CSS but is here. Olimar and Rosalina both had their partners visual is the CSS.
5. ESRB doesn't even play the games, they are apparently shown on DVD to them. Why would the ESRB name be there then in the first place?
6. Duck Hunt and Ness seem to have a different artist than Diddy. They look more clay like. Especially Duck Hunt.

Just a few things I noticed.
I don't want to have to be the negative nancey that continually relays information from the leak thread so this will be my final post.

All of the points in this entire thread and likely most of the points in future regarding the illegitimacy of the leak have been thoroughly discussed in the leak thread(most of them likely disproved). I can't blame you for not going through the entire thread, but lots of the information is widely available.

I still keep hope alive,but I also base my conclusions on trying to be unbaised when it comes to logical discussion.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I don't want to have to be the negative nancey that continually relays information from the leak thread so this will be my final post.

All of the points in this entire thread and likely most of the points in future regarding the illegitimacy of the leak have been thoroughly discussed in the leak thread(most of them likely disproved). I can't blame you for not going through the entire thread, but lots of the information is widely available.

I still keep hope alive,but I also base my conclusions on trying to be unbaised when it comes to logical discussion.
I've honestly read most of it, and no one has answered me with a good reason as to why the humans have levels.

I still think King K is in.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Whether you are a Kutthroat or kloset supporter, you're always welkome here.
I've been quiet here the past 15 pages or so, but I've been an extreme advocate.
Guess I've alreday been forgotten.

Holy geeze this is an intensely stressful day for video games.

If Red Wedding can be a thing, this is totally a thing.

Blue Wednesday.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I've honestly read most of it, and no one has answered me with a good reason as to why the humans have levels.

I still think King K is in.
sigh this is the last time I am doing it

The picture is cut off, if the name is the same it doesn't even look like you would be able to see it.
Its probably something that hasn't been explained yet. It makes 0 sense for someone to fake that picture and add those levels to make us second guess it. If it was fake something like those levels wouldn't be there at all.
Its not really a stretch to say that it would have looked bad/and or cluttered? Not to mention the character's name is Rosalina and Luma. Duck hunt is the dogs name.
There is multiple cases in past games where this is true aswell(this specific point has been discussed 1000 times in the leak thread)
So if it got leaked they could easily find the person who leaked it. These screens are likely from an ESRB person who watched a video, but did not play the game.
Thats just personal opinion, I don't really see anything wrong with Duck Hunt.

And yes ALL of these things have been answered in even more detail than what I just said in the leak thread.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Its probably something that hasn't been explained yet. It makes 0 sense for someone to fake that picture and add those levels to make us second guess it. If it was fake something like those levels wouldn't be there at all.
Sakurai has shown us the bottom screen to multiplayer already, and has explicitly stated that is where the name of the player goes.

Honestly, he probably meant to have them as CPUs and simply overlooked it. Why are you saying it makes 0 sense? It makes 0 sense to have a LVs there when Sakurai already has told us the purpose for that area.

This makes me think the leak is fake, it pretty much takes away something Sakurai states and changes it.

I've brought this up multiple times, and people have yet to give a better reason then "Oh it just hasn't been explained." It's been explained that LVs isn't the purpose of that area.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's just like Gematsu. Mii's, Pacman, and Wii fit trainer were damn near convincing.
I think part of it is true, for sure, but the nature of this guy posting is quite... peculiar, to state kindly.

I think the images may be real, even the order of the characters is a big puzzle not yet solved, with the main series in the middle of the screen, the filler pieces (the single character franchises) at the bottom, and the clones who must return to their series as a reminder on the right.

I believe we will get DLC characer veterans as we wait for the Wii U game, to keep up hype, and so that we are not done with the game of surprise, since there are such different launch titles. And the wording of things like 'almost done with videos,' and lack of info this month is still Sakurai teasing, he isnt rushing out info, because the Japanese release date is not the end of it all!

Then, even still, at Wii U launch, I think is when we will finally get the big Three characters we want.

I may be hopeful, I may be naive. But everything I've thought so far has honestly been following marketing strategy and psychological Method of Operation, and I've been nearly accurate.
So, I will continue with that.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I have seen convincing evidence for and against this leak. We just need to wait awhile for more a character/stage deconfirmation. Back to the topic of K. Rool, what alternate costumes do you think he would have? I think he would have a Kaptain costume for sure.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has shown us the bottom screen to multiplayer already, and has explicitly stated that is where the name of the player goes.

Honestly, he probably meant to have them as CPUs and simply overlooked it. Why are you saying it makes 0 sense? It makes 0 sense to have a LVs there when Sakurai already has told us the purpose for that area.

This makes me think the leak is fake, it pretty much takes away something Sakurai states and changes it.
LOL. "Simply overlooked it"

So your saying that a fake leaker who made custom renders of 10+ characters(including a never-before-seen duck hunt dog) and multiple VERY convincing screenshots "forgot". That is so unbelievably unlikely.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
sigh this is the last time I am doing it

The picture is cut off, if the name is the same it doesn't even look like you would be able to see it.
Its not really a stretch to say that it would have looked bad/and or cluttered? Not to mention the character's name is Rosalina and Luma. Duck hunt is the dogs name.
There is multiple cases in past games where this is true aswell(this specific point has been discussed 1000 times in the leak thread)
So if it got leaked they could easily find the person who leaked it. These screens are likely from an ESRB person who watched a video, but did not play the game.
Thats just personal opinion, I don't really see anything wrong with Duck Hunt.

And yes ALL of these things have been answered in even more detail than what I just said in the leak thread.
Once again I find myself agreeing with you Salty Beach, at this point opinions on the validity of the leak are solidified and nothing more will be discovered by digging into the images and looking for inconsistencies in the images. If it's a leak, then it's a darn good one and if not, well then we will just have to deal with whatever roster we get and hope for our wanted characters as DLC. At this point maybe it's best to try and keep our hopes up instead of focusing on the bad parts of the leak and instead just hope that it isn't true. In the past Sakurai has shown he doesn't like false hype for characters. For all we know we could get Duck Hunt dog as an assist trophy tomorrow, or Doctor Mario as an alternate on Friday, or even King K Rool as a character next week. Time and again predictions have been wrong, maybe this is the exception, but there's no need dwelling on the characters you want not making it in; nothing is confirmed until it is! That said I am still worried but we will know the roster for sure in about 23 days anyway I can stay sane until then.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
LOL. "Simply overlooked it"

So your saying that a fake leaker who made custom renders of 10+ characters(including a never-before-seen duck hunt dog) and multiple VERY convincing screenshots "forgot". That is so unbelievably unlikely.
Alright whatever. Palutena's leak had a fake new model, and that E3 roster demo leak had a new Ridley. They were both fake.

Shulk isn't even new, I'm pretty sure it's an edit of Little Mac.

Believe what you want though, I don''t care.

Anyways, on the topic of King K Rool in regards to this roster, I find it odd he isn't mentioned at all. Especially as DLC. I really find it odd that he hasn't unlocked all the characters apparently, but knows who is DLC. Strange he didn't just mention who else wasn't unlocked.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Once again I find myself agreeing with you Salty Beach, at this point opinions on the validity of the leak are solidified and nothing more will be discovered by digging into the images and looking for inconsistencies in the images. If it's a leak, then it's a darn good one and if not, well then we will just have to deal with whatever roster we get and hope for our wanted characters as DLC. At this point maybe it's best to try and keep our hopes up instead of focusing on the bad parts of the leak and instead just hope that it isn't true. In the past Sakurai has shown he doesn't like false hype for characters. For all we know we could get Duck Hunt dog as an assist trophy tomorrow, or Doctor Mario as an alternate on Friday, or even King K Rool as a character next week. Time and again predictions have been wrong, maybe this is the exception, but there's no need dwelling on the characters you want not making it in; nothing is confirmed until it is! That said I am still worried but we will know the roster for sure in about 23 days anyway I can stay sane until then.
Yea I know the leak is far from 100%.

I still have hope. It just I think more logically than with my heart haha.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Alright whatever. Palutena's leak had a fake new model, and that E3 roster demo leak had a new Ridley. They were both fake.

Shulk isn't even new, I'm pretty sure it's an edit of Little Mac.

Believe what you want though, I don''t care.

Anyways, on the topic of King K Rool in regards to this roster, I find it odd he isn't mentioned at all. Especially as DLC. I really find it odd that he hasn't unlocked all the characters apparently, but knows who is DLC. Strange he didn't just mention who else wasn't unlocked.
Your points are weak, so I am done arguing with you.

For the FINAL time, "he hasn't unlocked all the characters" is not true. The leaker has never stated this.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yea I know the leak is far from 100%.

I still have hope. It just I think more logically than with my heart haha.
I tend to think logically, and I tend to be skeptical of all leaks in general, even ones that support my favorite characters. The roster here isn't what makes me think the leak is fake, its everything else. But we'll see how things go, and there's still hope for K. Rool even if it is real.

Your points are weak, so I am done arguing with you.

For the FINAL time, "he hasn't unlocked all the characters" is not true. The leaker has never stated this.
Just looking at the roster makes it appear its not final at all. If we had 48 characters, the roster should be 10 wide, not 9, it'd fit better than way. Mii Fighter can then just appear in certain modes where available, or they just have one empty space in the final row.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm amazed by all of your optimism. Wasn't it explicitly said the only DLC was Lucas, Wolf, Chrous Kids, and Ice Climbers? Because that's pretty much the final nail in the coffin.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm amazed by all of your optimism. Wasn't it explicitly said the only DLC was Lucas, Wolf, Chrous Kids, and Ice Climbers? Because that's pretty much the final nail in the coffin.
That DLC rumor was debunked as I recall. Besides, how the hell is someone watching this kind of thing going to know anything at all about DLC? That I call BS on. Nintendo doesn't need to report to the ESRB about DLC at all until the DLC itself comes out.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You know, if I recall, I thought we were'nt going to pay attention to leaks anymore since that Gematsu one or whoever about shulk and chrom. Seriously, stop looking at people taking leaks, that's like watching them make crap and arguing if it's real or just chocolate ice cream.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm tired of these leaks/reality being unkind to us. This is what we want, Sakurai/Nintendo. Give it to us!

Yeah, I was too lazy to try to reorder these. I was considering just putting him over Link.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
You know, if I recall, I thought we were'nt going to pay attention to leaks anymore since that Gematsu one or whoever about shulk and chrom. Seriously, stop looking at people taking leaks, that's like watching them make crap and arguing if it's real or just chocolate ice cream.
I agree maybe its time to just stop talking about it and wait till release or a significant reveal. It just effects his chances so much I think it warranted the discussion I gave it. I'll be done for now.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
There is no nail in the coffin to us, until someone takes the sheet off of it so we can actually inspect said coffin, and possibly also the nail.

Chase

Smash Ace

Why can't we have our cake and eat it too?

Here's a roster based around the leaks plus Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie (Ninka Leak) and our king himself.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
I'm tired of these leaks/reality being unkind to us. This is what we want, Sakurai/Nintendo. Give it to us!

Yeah, I was too lazy to try to reorder these. I was considering just putting him over Link.
I don't want dark pit as a playable character... even if it confirms my only wanted character (k rool)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't want dark pit as a playable character... even if it confirms my only wanted character (k rool)
If Dark Pit being playable also means K. Rool, I'm all for it. I'd rather not have Dark Pit, but I don't particularly care who else is in as long as K. Rool makes it.

Top Bottom