• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Seeing a McDonald's and Shrek emblems makes me wish they were playable now. Also I demand Grimace, Mayor McCheese and the Hamburglar 4 Smash.
While you're at it you can have some nice large fries and a big mac with a happy meal k. rool action figure at your side while you're playing.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
The music that goes perfectly with how I feel about Smash 4 right now:
Wouldn't this be more appropriate? :)

Ah, well. Hope you can cheer up a bit soon. I was more down yesterday but now that the initial madness is over people are being more clinical about it. It's not as cut and dry as many obviously assumed.

Edit: Where are you, Chunky...? Please save us...!!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys, I know the leak is pretty bleck...

But please refrain from spamming things nonsensically.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
At this point, whether the complete absence of ANYTHING new from DK builds up to nothing or to a single unlockable last-minute semi-clone, I really hope people recognize that as the aberration it is, rather than just saying "at least we got (insert whatever token table scraps we got here)!"

We're past the phase in DKC history where we need "a new rep" to feel secure that Nintendo isn't burying the franchise and replacing it "fresh" experimental garbage. After Returns and Tropical Freeze, DK is very much an A-lister again, and has no shortage of fantastic content that could be included to celebrate it as such. It seems so many people are in agreement on this point, everyone except NeoGAF and Masahiro Sakurai.

*cue petition for Sakurai to develop Donkey Kong's Superstar Uprising Air Ride Adventure next*

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
About King K. Rool..... I was wondering something.

What would be the suggested way to initiate opponents whilst playing as our Krooked King, any ideas?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
s is the exception, but there's no need dwelling on the characters you want not making it in; nothing is confirmed until it is! That said I am still worried but we will know the roster for sure in about 23 days anyway I can stay sane until then.
I assert that, no we will not. Sakurai is far too nonchalant right now, in this stress time. I think we will have a full roster months after, maybe after Wii launch.

It's gonna be big. Survey's say it is in fact size that matters.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
I assert that, no we will not. Sakurai is far too nonchalant right now, in this stress time. I think we will have a full roster months after, maybe after Wii launch.

It's gonna be big. Survey's say it is in fact size that matters.
I don't understand how would we not know the roster after the release of the 3ds? I can't think of a scenario where that happens... I'd like to point out I'm not intending to argue, I am interested in how that would work out!

Last edited:

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Basically the rest of the cast is released as free DLC for 3DS later.
Damn I was looking forward to a full roster in a month's time :/ Oh well I've waited for a while for the game to be released I can wait a bit longer for a full roster I guess

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Damn I was looking forward to a full roster in a month's time :/ Oh well I've waited for a while for the game to be released I can wait a bit longer for a full roster I guess
We have no idea if that's a thing, though. Its possible, but we don't know. Sakurai will need SOMETHING to hype up the Wii U version, so that's something of note right there.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
Wouldn't this be more appropriate? :)

Ah, well. Hope you can cheer up a bit soon. I was more down yesterday but now that the initial madness is over people are being more clinical about it. It's not as cut and dry as many obviously assumed.

Edit: Where are you, Chunky...? Please save us...!!
Isn't this MOST appropriate?

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Guys, are you really going to let one d**** who said that this is the real roster bring you down? Seriously? After all we as kutthroats have been through, and we let this tear us apart? This roster is fake beyond comprehension. There are so many flaws it's ridiculous. And, a little nail to the coffin, there is a screenshot that was edited from another screenshot. Want a huge one? That same screenshot is of a 3DS. But wait a moment, ESRB people are shown only a video, right? Which could only mean that screenshot is a fake! This leak is debunked! Rest in ease now. This leak was dead from the start!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I honestly do not think this is necessarily a fake roster.
But I'm not gonna let it destroy my hope, absolutely not.
I do not think that Sakurai would not include any of the big three, not after the marketing he has done, not after the psychological trip he has put fans through.

He is quite an intelligent person. Perhaps I've too much pride to admit it.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
So I was wondering, what is you guys' opinion of the "Giant Kremling" in Smash Run?

Do you think it's Kudgel from Donkey Kong Country 2?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Its more likely to be Kudgel because Kudgel was actually a boss, but really, they are recolors of one another either way.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
So I was wondering, what is you guys' opinion of the "Giant Kremling" in Smash Run?

Do you think it's Kudgel from Donkey Kong Country 2?

It's either Kudgel or Klump but I'm leaning more towards Kudgel being how he more fits the enemy boss thing on there.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
Guys, are you really going to let one d**** who said that this is the real roster bring you down? Seriously? After all we as kutthroats have been through, and we let this tear us apart? This roster is fake beyond comprehension. There are so many flaws it's ridiculous. And, a little nail to the coffin, there is a screenshot that was edited from another screenshot. Want a huge one? That same screenshot is of a 3DS. But wait a moment, ESRB people are shown only a video, right? Which could only mean that screenshot is a fake! This leak is debunked! Rest in ease now. This leak was dead from the start!
Preach My Kutthroats Brother!!!!

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Don't Kudgel and Klubba have the exact same abilities and build with just a different kolor and role? Klubba was actually a good guy after you payed him, right? So it wouldn't feel right to beat him up for that.

Kudgel on the other hand, like you said, is actually a boss. The thing that worries me though, is, most of the Kremlings are green. If you don't have such extensive knowledge on the DK series, wouldn't it be a bit difficult to determine it? Since Kudgel is black, after all.

But either way, I think he fits the role better. Maybe it was explained who he was. That kould be the kase, as didn't they also say Kraid was a boss, too? And he only appeared in one or two Metroid games if I rekall korrectly.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Don't Kudgel and Klubba have the exact same abilities and build with just a different kolor and role? Klubba was actually a good guy after you payed him, right? So it wouldn't feel right to beat him up for that.
Now that you mention it, Kudgel makes more sense than Klubba.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Kudgel on the other hand, like you said, is actually a boss. The thing that worries me though, is, most of the Kremlings are green. If you don't have such extensive knowledge on the DK series, wouldn't it be a bit difficult to determine it? Since Kudgel is black, after all.

But either way, I think he fits the role better. Maybe it was explained who he was. That kould be the kase, as didn't they also say Kraid was a boss, too? And he only appeared in one or two Metroid games if I rekall korrectly.
Kraid appeared in two Metroid games. Kudgel and Klubba only appeared in one DK game, DKC2.

I'm more upset by how people are reacting to the leak than the leak itself. There's a few things going for it, but as far as I'm concerned, far more going against. The main problem is people commenting "Oh, this is a great roster!", "Donkey and Diddy represent the DK series just fine!", etc.

Plus the BS notion of, if this is fake, that not only does DK not have any newcomers at all, DK doesn't have a new stage either on 3DS, while Mario (yes its the big franchise) gets FOUR ****ing new stages. And if its real, its even WORSE, because it means Sakurai himself made that damn decision.

Kid Icarus can get a new stage PER version, so can Fire Emblem, but not DK? That's the most asinine thing I ever heard, whether the leak is legit or not.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Kraid appeared in two Metroid games. Kudgel and Klubba only appeared in one DK game, DKC2.

I'm more upset by how people are reacting to the leak than the leak itself. There's a few things going for it, but as far as I'm concerned, far more going against. The main problem is people commenting "Oh, this is a great roster!", "Donkey and Diddy represent the DK series just fine!", etc.

Plus the BS notion of, if this is fake, that not only does DK not have any newcomers at all, DK doesn't have a new stage either on 3DS, while Mario (yes its the big franchise) gets FOUR ****ing new stages. And if its real, its even WORSE, because it means Sakurai himself made that damn decision.

Kid Icarus can get a new stage PER version, so can Fire Emblem, but not DK? That's the most asinine thing I ever heard, whether the leak is legit or not.
I mean, whether we want to admit it or not, DK is part of the Marioverse. Sakurai may see it this way more than most.
That said, most smash players are like most people, an will just follow the crowd. They want to either complain out of never being satisfied, or just want to accept everything that seems possible (and with no middle ground of accepting it partially, I may add).

It takes a talented individual to play on another ground, climb the monkey bars of applicable intelligence, and growl like a crocodile at the possibility that all of these assertions may be wrong, or that we honestly just do not know. It all could have credence, there is certainly enough to believe in all avenues.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Frankly, at this point if K. Rool is still in and when he gets revealed, its going to be more of a sigh of relief than me being ecstatic over his inclusion.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Well, if we kount Donkey Kong Country 2 for the Gameboy Advance, doesn't that make it two games despite the fact that it's a remake?

Also, fun fact: If we are going by that logic, then the two systems Kraid were on are also the same two systems that Kudgel and Klubba were on. Neat! That makes them equally important to their respective series.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, if we kount Donkey Kong Country 2 for the Gameboy Advance, doesn't that make it two games despite the fact that it's a remake?

Also, fun fact: If we are going by that logic, then the two systems Kraid were on are also the same two systems that Kudgel and Klubba were on. Neat! That makes them equally important to their respective series.
Actually Kraid was in Metroid, on NES, and Super Metroid on SNES. Unless Kraid also appeared on GBA. Wasn't Zero Mission a remake of Metroid 1? If so then that gives him three games. I'd say Kudgel had three as well, but he was cut as a boss from Donkey Kong Land 2.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't trying to be a ****. I was trying to present a logical discussion of the validity of said leak.
You deeming it 100% fake with little to no real logical discussion about it makes me as mad as people who deem it 100% real. For as many "flaws" the leaked roster has it has also has very hard to fake qualities. That is a fact.

I guess I just expected more from my fellow kutthroats. Hoping a character gets in is one thing, but blindly believing they are in no matter the evidence against them is foolish and illogical. It also sets you up for major dissapointment. You don't have to believe the leak. Thats not what I am saying. I am saying be open to the discussion on it. If you find a point that might suggest the leak is fake don't jump to 100% certainty just because that point fits with your personal hopes. This leak is either legit or the best fake that smash has ever seen, and either way it should be looked at in more detail than just "lol this small thing is wrong ggnore 100% fake".

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Who else would buy a giant k. rool plushy? *awkward silence* right, I'll just go back and beat up some monkeys.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wasn't trying to be a ****. I was trying to present a logical discussion of the validity of said leak.
You deeming it 100% fake with little to no real logical discussion about it makes me as mad as people who deem it 100% real. For as many "flaws" the leaked roster has it has also has very hard to fake qualities. That is a fact.

I guess I just expected more from my fellow kutthroats. Hoping a character gets in is one thing, but blindly believing they are in no matter the evidence against them is foolish and illogical. It also sets you up for major dissapointment. You don't have to believe the leak. Thats not what I am saying. I am saying be open to the discussion on it. If you find a point that might suggest the leak is fake don't jump to 100% certainty just because that point fits with your personal hopes. This leak is either legit or the best fake that smash has ever seen, and either way it should be looked at in more detail than just "lol this small thing is wrong ggnore 100% fake".
I... don't see one small thing wrong, I see many things wrong. I don't believe its 100% fake, though, and I certainly never once thought K. Rool was guaranteed to be playable. Ever since the Kremlings in Smash Run thing, though, he's been looking more and more increasingly likely, especially due to the lack of DK content revealed. And if it turns out there's a lack of DK content because DK literally IS getting the shaft (something I personally NEVER thought would happen, Sakurai is smarter than that... at least I thought he was, especially after Robin's reveal), that's a serious slap in the face to the DK franchise in general.

Who else would buy a giant k. rool plushy? *awkward silence* right, I'll just go back and beat up some monkeys.
I would if they existed and I could afford it.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I... don't see one small thing wrong, I see many things wrong. I don't believe its 100% fake, though, and I certainly never once thought K. Rool was guaranteed to be playable. Ever since the Kremlings in Smash Run thing, though, he's been looking more and more increasingly likely, especially due to the lack of DK content revealed. And if it turns out there's a lack of DK content because DK literally IS getting the shaft (something I personally NEVER thought would happen, Sakurai is smarter than that... at least I thought he was, especially after Robin's reveal), that's a serious slap in the face to the DK franchise in general.

I would if they existed and I could afford it.
Thanks for being logical about things with me. It is appreicated.

Also I would buy any type of K Rool plushie in a heartbeat. I have looked them up and the only one I could find was some sort of factory 1st sample that never went into production. It sold for alot on ebay.

Top Bottom