• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I wasn't trying to be a ****. I was trying to present a logical discussion of the validity of said leak.
You deeming it 100% fake with little to no real logical discussion about it makes me as mad as people who deem it 100% real. For as many "flaws" the leaked roster has it has also has very hard to fake qualities. That is a fact.

I guess I just expected more from my fellow kutthroats. Hoping a character gets in is one thing, but blindly believing they are in no matter the evidence against them is foolish and illogical. It also sets you up for major dissapointment. You don't have to believe the leak. Thats not what I am saying. I am saying be open to the discussion on it. If you find a point that might suggest the leak is fake don't jump to 100% certainty just because that point fits with your personal hopes. This leak is either legit or the best fake that smash has ever seen, and either way it should be looked at in more detail than just "lol this small thing is wrong ggnore 100% fake".
I agree. I'm seeing way too many people jump to conclusions about this leak. It's still highly inconclusive either way (I'm personally leaning toward it being real, but not overwhelmingly so). All of this self-affirmation and high-horsemanship about being "brought down" and such is deplorable. I don't think I've seen a single post in this entire thread from a believer that was to be admonished. Everyone needs to keep their heads cool and realize that this leak has a decent chance of legitimacy, or at the very least, be more accepting of those who think so.

Believe me, I want nothing more than for this leak to be fake. No DK newcomers and my main (Ice Climbers) cut? You can sure as hell bet I'm riled over this. But we can't let our pathos take hold of our logic. Let's all look at this situation like individuals, instead of like Kutthroats. I think it'd be healthier for everyone.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Thanks for being logical about things with me. It is appreicated.

Also I would buy any type of K Rool plushie in a heartbeat. I have looked them up and the only one I could find was some sort of factory 1st sample that never went into production. It sold for alot on ebay.
Yeah, I saw that too, I wish it had gone into production too though. I just hope if K. Rool is revealed we'll not only get the original dkc games back on the virtual console store but also other dk and kremling merchandise as well. I mean, if Bowser and Ganondorf can get a bunch of action figures, why not our Croc King?

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
I hate to be late to the party, but count kount me in! I don't have much of a konnection to the King himself, but I love the DK series and I love the idea of K. Rool in Smash. Seeing the Kremlings in Smash Run so long ago still makes me think that Sakurai had to have at least konsidered K. Rool at some point, for better or worse (hopefully better). The wait's not long now, so here's to the King!

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
POTD : ghirarim who?..

I just want K.ROOL and RIDLEY to be playable please!

and remember : any leak without K.ROOL is not true. BELIEVE IT!

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
I hate to be late to the party, but count kount me in! I don't have much of a konnection to the King himself, but I love the DK series and I love the idea of K. Rool in Smash. Seeing the Kremlings in Smash Run so long ago still makes me think that Sakurai had to have at least konsidered K. Rool at some point, for better or worse (hopefully better). The wait's not long now, so here's to the King!
Welkome

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
I hope to god the leak isn't true... If it is.

I THINK K. ROOL AND RIDLEY FANS NEED TO TEAM UP.

OPERATION KING K. RIDLEY

Operation Moonfall won't have anything on us.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Just to remind everyone about news from Sakurai recently.

I think that the 'character game' comments he made alone are a huge indication that he is trying to appeal to, ya know, the characters we are requesting.

Big hint everyone.

*We request characters
*He says he wants to make it the best game for characters ever

Simple.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
For example the Ghirahim AT reveals that Sakurai is listening to the fans. Although that character was very requested it wasnt that requested as Ridley or K. Rool or Mewtwo, then he put it as an AT. But in our case we are part of the big three! I still want to dream!

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
You have no idea how happy this makes me. To finally become one of you...
Anyway, since Ridley is my most wanted and teamwork is never a bad thing, I love the sound of Operation King K. Ridley. Fanbases, unite up!

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
I'm indifferent towards Ridley as I've never played Metroid, but I'd love to see him playable for all his fans. They're in a similar boat as DK/K. Rool fans. LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

1405823463542.png

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
Dangit, Ghirahim was my #3 most wanted character... Out of my top 5, only one has been confirmed so far, that being Little Mac.
With one character out of the remaining three having pretty low chances to begin with (Black Shadow), I only have two newcomers to hope desperately for. This is really starting to get me down...

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Dangit, Ghirahim was my #3 most wanted character... Out of my top 5, only one has been confirmed so far, that being Little Mac.
With one character out of the remaining three having pretty low chances to begin with (Black Shadow), I only have two newcomers to hope desperately for. This is really starting to get me down...
Tell me about it. No Dillion. No Ghirahim. No Midna. No Dark Samus. Possibly No Rayman (That trophy is ambiguous... don't question me let me have sliver of hope)

TheSarcasticGuy

Smash Cadet
With the severe lack of villains in Smash, I was really hoping Ghirahim would make it. The only villains left with any real chance now are K. Rool, Ridley, Black Shadow and Medusa.

I seriously hope that at least one of them makes it in.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
With the severe lack of villains in Smash, I was really hoping Ghirahim would make it. The only villains left with any real chance now are K. Rool, Ridley, Black Shadow and Medusa.

I seriously hope that at least one of them makes it in.
Or all 4. That works too

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Fellow Kutthroats, I lost one of my most wanted characters today. K. Rool still stays strong, though.

Now I can further dedicate myself to supporting K. Rool, as I have one less character to support.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Why can't we have our cake and eat it too?

Here's a roster based around the leaks plus Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie (Ninka Leak) and our king himself.
I would be OK with this, even though adherence to the "leak" means my main would be removed. It is a shame that it does not match up with the demo layout though (although with some re-arrangement and judicious placing of single character franchises you can get it to match up).

To be perfectly honest, if the leak is true (Which I have no strong opinion on whether or not it is) then I think it is incomplete, and I am not arguing this because K.Rool is not there. After Sakurai has openly teased Mewtwo ("We're considering it") at the Game Freak conference for X and Y long after his roster would've been finalised (by the questions put to him at the developer roundtable for E3) I am almost certain for his return. I do not think Sakurai would respond in the way he did if he knew Mewtwo was not returning. When he deconfirms something he is straight to the point, as we've seen with quite a few characters over the past month, and Ghirahim today. Moreover, given that the question was not addressed to him and he instead shouted out from the audience, he needn't have given an answer at all; which I feel would've been the preferred route were Mewtwo not in.

The point for this thread? I am confident there is room for Mewtwo. And if there is room for Mewtwo, why not K.Rool?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
As long as King K. Rool is'nt in any pictures of the days then I think we' re ok because he'll likley either be saved for a reveal trailer or a future dlc.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Seeing Ghirahim get deconfirmed makes me happy inside. It feels like a huge blood offering is being offered up to Lord Sakurai so that he may bring us the Rool. Yes......

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Seeing Ghirahim get deconfirmed makes me happy inside. It feels like a huge blood offering is being offered up to Lord Sakurai so that he may bring us the Rool. Yes......
On the other hand, he is now starting to deconfirm the rather popular characters, which makes it all the scarier for most of the big support threads.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
On the other hand, he is now starting to deconfirm the rather popular characters, which makes it all the scarier for most of the big support threads.
I don't remember Ghirahim being that popular. At least not even remotely close to the big 3.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't remember Ghirahim being that popular. At least not even remotely close to the big 3.
Same here and really the big 3 is all I really ever wanted(well, besides waluigi and bowser jr. of course). Though mainly K. Rool. If he or Ridley are'nt playable then I might just cancel my pre-order unless I officially hear word of dlc or if he's a hidden unlockable.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Is it stupid I'm still expecting the big three to get into the game at this point. Perhaps all being in the final trailer themselves for last absolute push of hype, or that at least the final trailer will feature at least one of to get us hyped up? Like for whatever reason, this is what I still believe could very well happen. Not a full-on villains trailer per say, but a trailer full of hype characters that get the fan base going crazy in excitement, why the hell not?!?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I wasn't trying to be a ****. I was trying to present a logical discussion of the validity of said leak.
You deeming it 100% fake with little to no real logical discussion about it makes me as mad as people who deem it 100% real. For as many "flaws" the leaked roster has it has also has very hard to fake qualities. That is a fact.

I guess I just expected more from my fellow kutthroats. Hoping a character gets in is one thing, but blindly believing they are in no matter the evidence against them is foolish and illogical. It also sets you up for major dissapointment. You don't have to believe the leak. Thats not what I am saying. I am saying be open to the discussion on it. If you find a point that might suggest the leak is fake don't jump to 100% certainty just because that point fits with your personal hopes. This leak is either legit or the best fake that smash has ever seen, and either way it should be looked at in more detail than just "lol this small thing is wrong ggnore 100% fake".
Just letting you know I actually wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the leaker.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Good to see this thread is in higher spirits then yesterday. And to bring up hopes further, the leaker stated that the image isn't the final roster. Add this to the fact that villain characters tend to be unlockable, and I'd say we're still in the running.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Yea it's reaching the point where I feel that if I do get the game, I won't feel satisfaction playing it; and that is really getting me down :(

I still hope for the hype 3, but every character I've supported has been killed, I must be cursed.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would be OK with this, even though adherence to the "leak" means my main would be removed. It is a shame that it does not match up with the demo layout though (although with some re-arrangement and judicious placing of single character franchises you can get it to match up).

To be perfectly honest, if the leak is true (Which I have no strong opinion on whether or not it is) then I think it is incomplete, and I am not arguing this because K.Rool is not there. After Sakurai has openly teased Mewtwo ("We're considering it") at the Game Freak conference for X and Y long after his roster would've been finalised (by the questions put to him at the developer roundtable for E3) I am almost certain for his return. I do not think Sakurai would respond in the way he did if he knew Mewtwo was not returning. When he deconfirms something he is straight to the point, as we've seen with quite a few characters over the past month, and Ghirahim today. Moreover, given that the question was not addressed to him and he instead shouted out from the audience, he needn't have given an answer at all; which I feel would've been the preferred route were Mewtwo not in.

The point for this thread? I am confident there is room for Mewtwo. And if there is room for Mewtwo, why not K.Rool?
Well, a few points.
-two leakers have stated the leak is not the full roster
-the roster of characers moves around every game
-Sakurai wants this to be the 'best character game' (that should be a HUGE hint
-Nintendo employees responded with the K Rool DLC campaign with wording suggesting he was in, not 'do not get your hopes up.'

Is it stupid I'm still expecting the big three to get into the game at this point. Perhaps all being in the final trailer themselves for last absolute push of hype, or that at least the final trailer will feature at least one of to get us hyped up? Like for whatever reason, this is what I still believe could very well happen. Not a full-on villains trailer per say, but a trailer full of hype characters that get the fan base going crazy in excitement, why the hell not?!?
Not at all, if they were going to get in, hey were unlikely to have been revealed before now. They'd have been saved until just before release, or saved to be secret. However, I've amended that theory to state they may just be fully DLC so that they are not even detectable by hackers, and cannot be seen by anyone with a copy until everyone who was it has it, and perhaps even untilthe WIi U launches, as a sort of Merry Christmas, big finale to this whole game. I'm fairly certain the 'reveal game' will be going on past the Japanese release, and Sakurai's nonchalance this last month is CONCRETE PROOF to me, it has been over a year and he is giving nothing rather than a month of finale.

I may expect a lot, but I've been following his technique thoroughly.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Well, a few points.
-Nintendo employees responded with the K Rool DLC campaign with wording suggesting he was in, not 'do not get your hopes up.'

I'm fairly certain the 'reveal game' will be going on past the Japanese release, and Sakurai's nonchalance this last month is CONCRETE PROOF to me, it has been over a year and he is giving nothing rather than a month of finale.

I have not kept up to date with the leak thread but if that leak is stated by the leakers not to be the full roster then I don't understand the frenzy. There is enough room left on the CSS screen they posted for the big three characters and a couple of others, and as stupid an idea as I think including Dark Pit and Dr Mario is, if the leaker suddenly tells us they've unlocked one of the favourites here I don't think anyone will care anymore. I don't know what Nintendo's response to you guys have been, but I don't think there is any hint in Sakurai wanting this to be the "best character game". Unless you have supporting evidence that the interpretation of this should be that the top requested characters are getting in, it is meaningless as the characters Sakurai considers best are not necessarily going to be the same ones I do.

In all fairness to Sakurai I think the PotD's have got a lot better recently. We are seeing a lot more new content such as stages and AT's rather than seeing the Mii's over and over again.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
even IF the Leak is real, you guys have to remember that it's not the final roster and the DLC part is confirmed fake, so King K. Rool still has a chance, whether it is for DLC or in the game

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping the big three get in alongside Krystal and Bandanna Dee who have a lot of support. Both with quite a bit more than Ghirahim

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
To further elaborate on what @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon said

This leaker or leakers have stated that what was pictured in that leak isn't the full roster. That gives hope to those still wanting to see any of the requested 3. As stated there have been what can be seen as hints towards K.Rools possible inclusion dropped by Sakurai with his "character game" comment, though I'll admit I have no idea about this K.Rool DLC response. I still believe DK can get 2 reps it's not implausible.

Then of course there is the chance that this picture leak is fake, we will know when a vet or newcomer gets announced as their character portrait MUST match the character portraits in the leak. Until then anything is speculation.

Either way the leak is still quite ambiguous to K.Rools inclusion and until he's deconfirmed by way of PoTD or Sakurai himself I'll go on believing. Until the game is in hand we don't know the roster. When 100% infallible evidence backs that picture leak I'll believe it to be true until then I'm looking at it with a neutral attitude. If K.Rool isn't there at the end I will be sad but there's still hope he's a boss on the Wii U for a stage.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Well, a few points.

Not at all, if they were going to get in, hey were unlikely to have been revealed before now. They'd have been saved until just before release, or saved to be secret. However, I've amended that theory to state they may just be fully DLC so that they are not even detectable by hackers, and cannot be seen by anyone with a copy until everyone who was it has it, and perhaps even untilthe WIi U launches, as a sort of Merry Christmas, big finale to this whole game. I'm fairly certain the 'reveal game' will be going on past the Japanese release, and Sakurai's nonchalance this last month is CONCRETE PROOF to me, it has been over a year and he is giving nothing rather than a month of finale.

If he wants it to be the best wolf has to be unlockable :S

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I don't get all the fuss that this generated all over the internet... For K Rool's sake, it's just another fake leak, that's all!

My only worry at the moment is the PotD. With all these de-confirmations lately, I fear waking up and seeing that K Rool is a boss, an AT, or even a mere trophy... The next character reveal can't come soon enough! :grrr:

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I don't get all the fuss that this generated all over the internet... For K Rool's sake, it's just another fake leak, that's all!
The fuss has been generated because we don't know if it's a fake leak.

But for our King's sake, let's hope it is.

Top Bottom