• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Xzsmmc, we need to have a fight to the death to see who's more pessimistic and unsurprised at the recent events at this point :rotfl:

You already have a head start with that avatar of yours, but I won't lose!
With my skeptical Pac-Man avatar and inclination toward thinking this leak is real, I request permission to join in as the final member of this pessimistic triumvirate.

Edit: I'd rather have K. Rool show up as an AT than not at all. Sure, there's the chance for DLC if he doesn't show up, but there's also the chance he'd still be ignored by Sakurai. Then we'd just be stuck with a Smash 4 that is wholly without K. Rool.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I get the feeling King K. Rool won't even get an assist trophy if he's not playable. I bet he'll be ignored entirely then.

I'd rather not see him at all if he's not playable because then its a. "what could have been."

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
With my skeptical Pac-Man avatar and inclination toward thinking this leak is real, I request permission to join in as the final member of this pessimistic triumvirate.
Make that a quadrumvirate. I don't even care what you're being pessimistic about. No one can be more pessimistic than me about anything.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Can anyone tell me about this whole Nintendo replying to the K.Rool DLC thing?

I saw @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon mention it earlier I was hoping someone could inform me about it. Apparently it was a positive response

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I think Ganondorf will be confirmed tomorrow. On Wednesday, we saw Link, a Zelda character, in a red tunic. Red is the color associated with the Triforce of Power, which Ganondorf holds. Today, we saw a big Zelda villain as an assist trophy. Hyrule Warriors just came out a week ago in Japan. Hopefully Ganondorf will get confirmed on the website tomorrow with a character image totally different from the one in the stupid leak and this stupid leak will be blasted straight to the moon.

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Why such pessimism? Have hope, fellow Kutthroats. . . I guarantee from the Pic of the Day teases, Kremlings ("big" included) in smash run, and everything we have discovered up to this point will amount to something in SSB4. Heck, Nintendo even responded to the petition to get K.Rool in here, stating "Don't give your hopes up"! We've come this far,and our King will not let us down..

#KRool4Smash

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Yo ho yo ho a kremling's life for me. We battle some kongs and hit them with bongs but seem to lose which is wrong, but the only thing that keeps us going is our one and only pirate kremling king, yo ho yo ho a kremlings life for me.

Chase

Smash Ace
MY FELLOW KUTTHROATS! To keep our hope in the king alive, I did some searching and found one of the best K. Rool designs I've ever seen. I would absolutely adore seeing this in Smash.

Looks almost genuine for Smash, eh?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
MY FELLOW KUTTHROATS! To keep our hope in the king alive, I did some searching and found one of the best K. Rool designs I've ever seen. I would absolutely adore seeing this in Smash.

Looks almost genuine for Smash, eh?
Watch this be "leaked" in an hour or so.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Watch this be "leaked" in an hour or so.
Correction: it will be leaked in an hour or so with a slightly different facial expression. It will be the same pose and picture overall, but there will be small differences, so there's no way it could have been based on it.

:troll:

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
A comparison:

This both makes me cry and makes me incredibly happy. This just looks so right, this K. Rool is just perfect. We need the King back, we need him in Smash.
I agree, I would actually prefer this design for him in ssb4 instead.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm back to being more positive about his inklusion than ever!

So Listen here, cuz I'll make it clear,
Priority is in our lizard buddy dear

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Because It is silly of me to get disheartened when all I've ever thought would happen has been happening exactly as I thought.
Ah lol well that's good to hear my friend! I personally haven't lost hope yet for Big K, though reading the leaks and rumors thread gets to me....
I love how Ridley is still a shoe in but K.Rool is unlikely. Psh. Their level of possibility is equal in my eyes

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ah lol well that's good to hear my friend! I personally haven't lost hope yet for Big K, though reading the leaks and rumors thread gets to me....
I love how Ridley is still a shoe in but K.Rool is unlikely. Psh. Their level of possibility is equal in my eyes
I dont know, it dawned on me the biggest hint we have truly gotten is that Sakurai said flat out he wants people to view this as the best character game.

We could not ask for him to say something better in regard to the chances of K Rool, Mewtwo, or Ridley. Honestly, everyone has overlooked everything this entire time. I am aware that sentence is a huge overstatement, but following his method of operations, his psychology, his marketing, it has all added up.

And that interview he gave about characters is the polar to the nail in the coffin, it is the jaws of life.

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Hello all. I mainly stalk the Ridley thread but thought I'd come here for a quick post. I haven't played DK games in years nor do I look all that fondly back at them, but K. Rool would be an amazing character to join the roster. From what I've heard there's some pessimism going around and I just wanted to show my support!

Regardless you all can go back to what you were discussing.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Ridley is virtually guaranteed to be in the game in some form. It's just a question as to whether he's a boss/stage hazard or not. I personally think he's a boss or a hazard.

K. Rool's inclusion is less certain, but if he's in it's most likely as a playable character.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Hello K. Rool thread! I joined this site previously for solely the Ridley thread, but King K. Rool keeps showing up there in one form or another, so I am here to find out more about them, as honestly I'm not big on the Donkey Kong franchise. Nothing against it personally, I just never played any games for it, other then the NES game which I am confused if it counts as a DK game or a Mario game. He looks like an interesting villain though, something we clearly need right now. :D

So, in short, I am supporting a character I don't even know, and people will just have to accept that, haha.

Last edited:

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
Hello all. I mainly stalk the Ridley thread but thought I'd come here for a quick post. I haven't played DK games in years nor do I look all that fondly back at them, but K. Rool would be an amazing character to join the roster. From what I've heard there's some pessimism going around and I just wanted to show my support!

Regardless you all can go back to what you were discussing.
Hello K. Rool thread! I joined this site previously for solely the Ridley thread, but King K. Rool keeps showing up there in one form or another, so I am here to find out more about them, as honestly I'm not big on the Donkey Kong franchise. Nothing against it personally, I just never played any games for it, other then the NES game which I am confused if it counts as a DK game or a Mario game. He looks like an interesting villain though, something we clearly need right now. :D

So, in short, I am supporting a character I don't even know, and people will just have to accept that, haha.
Double welkome!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
To him, K. Rool could be a character not worth it. That seems outrageous to us, but you never know what Sakurai is thinking.
Nothing is 100 percent, but if one says
"I want this game to be the best character game"
and then ignore the newcomer wanted most around the world,
you obviously cannot comprehend humanity.

I know he does not do everything logically, but it depends what you consider logical. As a creative person, I can state most of his decisions do not seem all to absurd to me. I think a lot like him, and while I cannot say know the barriers he faces of 'time constraints' or other limitations, which tend, in the past, be where we differentiate, I will continue to think as I do.

(I can say that confidently now, after Brawl, because I was quite upset that I felt this way before, and then... was way off. Yet, now it seems, so many ideas implemented this time, which I thought of last time, are ones he "wanted to do but could not because of so and so).

Therefore, I trust myself in this above all else. Call it delusional if you will kind captain, but I trust it about the amount that you trust your pessimism, and then raise it a leaping llama.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Ridley is virtually guaranteed to be in the game in some form. It's just a question as to whether he's a boss/stage hazard or not. I personally think he's a boss or a hazard.

K. Rool's inclusion is less certain, but if he's in it's most likely as a playable character.
I don't disagree he's obviously in the game in some capacity, it's just tiring to hear how Ridley is apparently 100% on the roster in their eyes and K.Rool has nearly no chance......in my eyes they both have an equal chance to be in

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

It's not ENTIRELY relevant to K. Rool, but look at the musics. Kongo Jungle and Gear Getaway confirmed for music.

Yeah, sorry for the somewhat off-topic. Just keeping you up to date on anything that might be relevant.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman

It's not ENTIRELY relevant to K. Rool, but look at the musics. Kongo Jungle and Gear Getaway confirmed for music.

Yeah, sorry for the somewhat off-topic. Just keeping you up to date on anything that might be relevant.
Theoretically that other song could be on a new DK stage that could theoretically be revealed in a theoretical character reveal trailer.

Pls

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure "Gear Getaway" means there will be a Returns stage in the 3DS version. And that could also mean that the Wii U is open for a entirely DKC stage like Gangplank Galleon or The Flying Krock, home stage for a certain crocodile with a crown.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm pretty sure "Gear Getaway" means there will be a Returns stage in the 3DS version. And that could also mean that the Wii U is open for a entirely DKC stage like Gangplank Galleon or The Flying Krock, home stage for a certain crocodile with a crown.
I'm in agreement with this, but we can't be too sure. Frankly a Returns stage should've been a guarantee for 3DS anyway.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I feel if anything the song helped disprove the unlikely idea that the DK series would just totally get the shaft in smash 4. The song highly suggests a new returns stage for the 3ds. And with us being so close to release each PoTD that passes without revealing this stage increases the chance that the stage may well be tied to "something bigger"( like a trailer ;) ).

This isn't new information but just thought I would help brighten the mood in light of the song's reveal.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I can't stop laughing. I remember joking how every time I beat Kaptain K. Rool, I imagine DK shouting the most bad *** "BANANA SLAMMA"! as he punches him out of the Flying Krock.
I can't see that picture of DK without thinking back to something I saw on GAF.

Ah, what the heck...

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Check it, guys:

Ok, so we obviously know that "Kongo Jungle" is the remix of the DK rap from Melee that played on the Kongo Jungle stage and also played on the Jungle Japes stage in Brawl, so this song will most likely play on the Jungle Japes stage again, but look at the song under it: "Gear Getaway." Level 7-4 of DKCR was named "Gear Getaway" and the song that played in the level was the Rocket Barrel Theme, which we heard in the Direct. But there are several other levels that use that theme, many coming before the level called Gear Getaway. Why didn't they just name the song "Rocket Barrel Theme" or "Peaceful Pier" which is the name of the first level to be a rocket barrel level in the game and have the song played in it? I think we're getting a DKCR stage for the 3DS version based on the level called Gear Getaway or at least a factory-themed stage.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Check it, guys:

Ok, so we obviously know that "Kongo Jungle" is the remix of the DK rap from Melee that played on the Kongo Jungle stage and also played on the Jungle Japes stage in Brawl, so this song will most likely play on the Jungle Japes stage again, but look at the song under it: "Gear Getaway." Level 7-4 of DKCR was named "Gear Getaway" and the song that played in the level was the Rocket Barrel Theme, which we heard in the Direct. But there are several other levels that use that theme, many coming before the level called Gear Getaway. Why didn't they just name the song "Rocket Barrel Theme" or "Peaceful Pier" which is the name of the first level to be a rocket barrel level in the game and have the song played in it? I think we're getting a DKCR stage for the 3DS version based on the level called Gear Getaway or at least a factory-themed stage.
Good, I think we need more industrial stages, so if we don't get Shiver Star, this is the next best thing

Top Bottom