• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I envy true fans of megaman like you, on how you felt when you watched the first nintendo direct with smash footage.

seeing megaman first announced, the screams of joy must of been amazing.
Favorite game series of all time. After putting up with the past 3 years of frustration, it went something like this:

That's not really much of an exaggeration either. It's especially funny because I'm a pretty emotionally downplayed (is that even the right term?) person.

With that said though, after the initial excitement of his reveal wore off after about two weeks, all of my support immediately went to the korpulent krocodile king.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Favorite game series of all time. After putting up with the past 3 years of frustration, it went something like this:

That's not really much of an exaggeration either. It's especially funny because I'm a pretty emotionally downplayed (is that even the right term?) person.

With that said though, after the initial excitement of his reveal wore off after about two weeks, all of my support immediately went to the korpulent krocodile king.
Thats why if K rool is confirmed, I want it to be during a live stream. So I can let the hype over take me.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

(original painting by Hyacinthe Rigaud, depicts Louis XIV of France. The crocodile head taken from "The Hippopotamus and Crocodile Hunt", a painting by Peter Paul Rubens)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Guys...

I think K Rool should have costumes where he dresses up as the other villains.
A Bowser costume.
A Wily costume.
A Ridley costume.

This would please me to no end.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige

Thats why if K rool is confirmed, I want it to be during a live stream. So I can let the hype over take me.
This needs to happen.

I can imagine it now

*Smash logo appears*

It shows samus running through the dark

camara pans to a huge dark shadow following her

Samus runs into a wall

she turns around and the camara zooms in on her face

she is terrified

the big figure lands

Its ridly

RIDLY ENTERS THE BATTLE???

before the character introduction screen ends

you hear a zipping noise

K rool takes off his ridly costume as you can hear sakraui saying "please understand" in the background

KING K ROOL POPS IN UNANNOUNCED

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I don't think K.Rool will be a boss 'cause let's be honest, that would be a Ridley case all over again, and I think Sakurai is aware of that (I hope). And an assist trophy would be more or less the same thing, it would be like putting Mewtwo in a Pokeball or Ridley as an assist trophy too, would make no sense.
I hope I'm explaining myself right, I mean that Ridley, Mewtwo and K.Rool are supposed to be "The Great 3" for Smash Bros, Sakurai is supposed to be aware of that, and looks like Ridley is debuting in this iteration, so making Mewtwo and K.Rool a boss or assistant would be like continuing the Ridley curse again.

So in conclussion, my opinion is the same as other guy said like a couple pages ago: K. Rool is either, playable, or just trophy again.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Today I got another (in my opinion) great idea for a reveal trailer. What if K.Rool were to fight Wario on his DK64 ship and sayin' somethin' like "There's always someone bigger than you!" and next Ridley joins the fight xD Would be epic to get the two most wanted newcomers and also get them in the same reveal trailer. Can't think of any bigger surprise ^^

This is really funny, a lot of people, not including myself, really think Wario and k Rool should be in the same reveal trailer. i think it'd be great, they'd make a cool team or whatever

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
My only thing is out of Ridley, Shulk, K. Rool, and Mewtwo I feel like someone is going to get the shaft. Naturally in a perfect world we'd get them all unfortunately it's not a perfect world.....

I just wish the CSS would leak already......

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
This is really funny, a lot of people, not including myself, really think Wario and k Rool should be in the same reveal trailer. i think it'd be great, they'd make a cool team or whatever
I know right, they're both greedy and PHAT. XD

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My only thing is out of Ridley, Shulk, K. Rool, and Mewtwo I feel like someone is going to get the shaft. Naturally in a perfect world we'd get them all unfortunately it's not a perfect world.....

I just wish the CSS would leak already......
I've gotta be honest that I've never seen Shulk ever put on a tier with those others, and it feels inappropriate to me.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Ok, so now I think I have a pretty good idea of how I would feel if K. Rool and Dixie didn't get in:
EXTREMELY ****ING PISSED!!!!!!!

Donkey Kong deserves no less than 4 characters in the game considering how big it is. There is absolutely no reason in hell whatsoever for Fire Emblem of all possible series to have more reps than DK. It would already be ridiculous for DK to have to share the same number of reps as that barely-known-outside-of-Japan series but it looks like that's what we'll have to settle for. The original Donkey Kong arcade game is what made Nintendo huge in the first place. All 3 of the original DKC games sold over a million copies. How many FE games were half as successful or popular as any one of those DK games? Oh, that's right: ZERO. If we don't get both K. Rool AND Dixie Kong in the game to make 4 DK reps while FE gets 4, then Sakurai has his priorities mixed up all over the ****ing place. I don't care if there were originally planned to be only 3 FE reps and something happened with Lucina along the way. No matter how you look at it, FE has 4 full character reps in the game, no matter if one's pretty much just an alternate skin for another character. What's seriously infuriating is the thought of 2 crappy FE one-shots, one of them being a straight-up clone character, making it in as newcomers while the beloved characters we want that are actually important to the whole series that they are part of get shoved aside as if they aren't important. That would be a huge
to people like me who have loved and supported the Donkey Kong series for years. Seriously, if both K. Rool and Dixie aren't in the game as playable characters, I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that some people (Sakurai) have the most ridiculous idea that Fire Emblem is somehow more important than Donkey Kong and deserves more representation in the biggest Nintendo celebration game out there...............DONKEY KONG!!!! You know, one of the greatest video game franchises of all time in every single way!?!?!? I just.......I couldn't.......understand. Am I crazy here? Tell me, am I alone in how I feel? Have I lost it? Hell, I know I've lost it, BUT TRY AND TELL ME I'M WRONG!!! I DARE YOU!!!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've gotta be honest that I've never seen Shulk ever put on a tier with those others, and it feels inappropriate to me.
Completely agreed. Shulk is popular, but he isn't anywhere NEAR the same level as K. Rool, Ridley, or Mewtwo.

Ok, so now I think I have a pretty good idea of how I would feel if K. Rool and Dixie didn't get in:

Donkey Kong deserves no less than 4 characters in the game considering how big it is. There is absolutely no reason in hell whatsoever for Fire Emblem of all possible series to have more reps than DK. It would already be ridiculous for DK to have to share the same number of reps as that barely-known-outside-of-Japan series but it looks like that's what we'll have to settle for. The original Donkey Kong arcade game is what made Nintendo huge in the first place. All 3 of the original DKC games sold over a million copies. How many FE games were half as successful or popular as any one of those DK games? Oh, that's right: ZERO. If we don't get both K. Rool AND Dixie Kong in the game to make 4 DK reps while FE gets 4, then Sakurai has his priorities mixed up all over the ****ing place. I don't care if there were originally planned to be only 3 FE reps and something happened with Lucina along the way. No matter how you look at it, FE has 4 full character reps in the game, no matter if one's pretty much just an alternate skin for another character. What's seriously infuriating is the thought of 2 crappy FE one-shots, one of them being a straight-up clone character, making it in as newcomers while the beloved characters we want that are actually important to the whole series that they are part of get shoved aside as if they aren't important. That would be a huge
to people like me who have loved and supported the Donkey Kong series for years. Seriously, if both K. Rool and Dixie aren't in the game as playable characters, I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that some people (Sakurai) have the most ridiculous idea that Fire Emblem is somehow more important than Donkey Kong and deserves more representation in the biggest Nintendo celebration game out there...............DONKEY KONG!!!! You know, one of the greatest video game franchises of all time in every single way!?!?!? I just.......I couldn't.......understand. Am I crazy here? Tell me, am I alone in how I feel? Have I lost it? Hell, I know I've lost it, BUT TRY AND TELL ME I'M WRONG!!! I DARE YOU!!!
Well, the thing is, DK could easily get both Dixie and K. Rool as completely original newcomers. Lucina is a very, VERY easy clone. That's the difference.

Lack of DK content makes me fully believe we will get a DK trailer, as well. DK always has been the prime candidate to get two newcomer reps.

Mistress Nicole

Smash Apprentice

Calm down, Sakurai is obviously saving the best reveals for last.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Lack of DK content makes me fully believe we will get a DK trailer, as well. DK always has been the prime candidate to get two newcomer reps.
This. DK and StarFox are suspiciously having no new content at all, excepting the new SF stage a week ago or so.
This has to lead to some sort of revelation package for those sagas.

PD: Earthbound/Mother are also in a limbo now that I think of it.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This. DK and StarFox are suspiciously having no new content at all, excepting the new SF stage a week ago or so.
This has to lead to some sort of revelation package for those sagas.

PD: Earthbound/Mother are also in a limbo now that I think of it.
I don't think Star Fox is getting a newcomer. We still don't even have Falco or Wolf yet.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

You criticized them for being one-shots despite the fact that the series switches casts in each game? Seriously dude. Calm down.

And enough of the silly "reps" stuff. Smash isn't a Congress.

Either way, I still think we're getting K. Rool.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Calm down - this whole angry Fire Emblem rant seems a bit belated, to be honest. However I don't think it's entirely fair:

- Fire Emblem used to be a "barely known outside Japan" franchise, but I don't think that label is entirely fair any more. In particular, the most recent game (Awakening) is quite popular internationally - it is not Donkey Kong, but it is more than you give it credit for.
- As above, the most recent game, Awakening, has definitely done at least half as well as the DK games you mentioned - it sold ~240,000 copies in Japan in the first week, and had done ~400,000 in the US by September last year. I don't know most recent sales figures but it is not absurd for them to have exceeded 1 million globally.
- Your immediate labelling of Robin and Lucina as "crappy one shots" is quite unfair to the characters - Lucina is admittedly doubtful as a Marth clone who was originally an alt costume, but I'm not sure where the hate for Robin is coming from.

Everyone here completely understands your feelings towards wanting more DK content but I think the way you're expressing it is wrong.The Fire Emblem hate is unnecessary and, in my opinion, unhealthy.

JabbatheHutt

Calm down, Sakurai is obviously saving the best reveals for last.
Hense why Wario hasn't been revealed yet either.

100% certain Wario and k Rool will be in the same trailer with DIxie.

Kinda like Cap and the two FE characters. One was original, the other a clone, and a random veteran who would mesh well with the series.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Calm down - this whole angry Fire Emblem rant seems a bit belated, to be honest. However I don't think it's entirely fair:

- Fire Emblem used to be a "barely known outside Japan" franchise, but I don't think that label is entirely fair any more. In particular, the most recent game (Awakening) is quite popular internationally - it is not Donkey Kong, but it is more than you give it credit for.
- As above, the most recent game, Awakening, has definitely done at least half as well as the DK games you mentioned - it sold ~240,000 copies in Japan in the first week, and had done ~400,000 in the US by September last year. I don't know most recent sales figures but it is not absurd for them to have exceeded 1 million globally.
- Your immediate labelling of Robin and Lucina as "crappy one shots" is quite unfair to the characters - Lucina is admittedly doubtful as a Marth clone who was originally an alt costume, but I'm not sure where the hate for Robin is coming from.

Everyone here completely understands your feelings towards wanting more DK content but I think the way you're expressing it is wrong.The Fire Emblem hate is unnecessary and, in my opinion, unhealthy.
It's not like I'm saying Fire Emblem sucks or it's a crappy series or anything. I've just had enough of people saying K. Rool or Dixie shouldn't be in while being perfectly okay with Robin and Lucina.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice

Though I don't think Robin's all that bad (Still raw about Lucina, though), I agree that DK has been severely underrepresented so far. Let's hope Sakurai's indeed saving the best for last. We are 'nearing the bottom of the barrel of newcomer videos', after all!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm perfectly fine with Lucina. She at least makes sense as a clone, so it's not another Ganondorf. She's essentially a bonus character guys, get over it. :p

Anyway, as much as I doubt it happening, I'd love it if K. Rool and Dixie both got in.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I like Lucina, I'm glad she got in.

But I do agree that it SHOULD guarantee DK at least one more character.

JabbatheHutt

I like Lucina, I'm glad she got in.

But I do agree that it SHOULD guarantee DK at least one more character.
Its just a question whether Sakurai wants to get lazy with a semi clone and reuse animations or an original move set and animation structure entirely.

This is why i think k Rool should be in over Dixie alone. Tho I can sadly see Dixie getting in over K Rool due to the easiness.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I don't disagree, I certainly feel that Gematsu did for Shulk what it did for Chorus Men and bring more supporters out. Not saying he wasn't wanted before that I just don't think the want for him was that strong. I'm putting him on that list since at this time his presence is requested almost as much as Ridley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool. Plus I don't want to look like some detractor who hates Shulk and didn't think the character deserves entry into to the Smash series because I think he deserves it.

JabbatheHutt

LYRICS ARE FINISHED FOR SUNDAY'S NEW K ROOL SONG :)

Recording it tomorrow, but I have a movie shoot all weekend. Sooo, well see how much of the video I can edit.

Last edited:

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think Fire Emblem having 4 reps is just fine. It's a long running series that dates to the NES. Yeah it might not be the most successful but its endured. And the recent success of Awakening has surged public interest in the series. I also believe that we'll be seeing more of Awakening characters in the future. The game was such a success and literally revived the franchise so I don't see them being simple "one-offs". I think the next game will be a direct sequel to Awakening just like the GCN to Wii iterations.

That all being said, DK defintely deserves 4 reps. Do I think we'll get it? I couldn't say. But damn do I hope so.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
With Mario getting 5 reps. and Pokemon potentially getting 5, DK better get at least 4 reps.

*edit: Zelda is probably getting 5 as well.

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping that DK gets 4 reps. The problem is, Fire Emblem has always been a series that never stuck consistently with even a few characters, especially if you don't count archetypes, and so one doesn't look as much towards series mainstays when it comes to that series, as practically every character is a one-shot. Meanwhile, Donkey Kong has always been a very interconnected series, and so Sakurai may be looking towards characters that represent the whole franchise; Of which, there are only two, as King K. Rool is not in the newer games and Dixie Kong was largely absent prior to Tropical Freeze.. That's probably part of the reason there were only 2 reps in the first place. Still, I find it likely that Sakurai has changed his mindset about that, but we'll have to wait and see.
Oh, and in case you're talking Rosalina and Greninja, Greninja is a largely similar case to Fire Emblem, as new characters are introduced every game, while Rosalina was likely a request by Nintendo, given her frequent appearances in several games. So, none of those were conscious choices on Sakurai's part. His decision to add Dixie Kong and King K. Rool will definitely be, as he's not speaking with Retro Studios, and I agree Nintendo doesn't seem to care about DK nearly as much as they should.

Top Bottom