• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
If only...

and wed have eggs as Items, Klungo as a stage hazard, SO MUCH FREAKING GOOD MUSIC TO CHOOSE FROM (HailFIre Peaks is one of the best stage tunes ever made), Jinjos as Assist Trophies, and a Clankers Cavern Stage.

Maybe Jamjars and Bottles could host different modes.
Then after all of that Nintendo announces Banjo Kazooie 3, containing great platforming elements and a huge world to explore, it will be rated 10/10. *sobs*

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Then after all of that Nintendo announces Banjo Kazooie 3, containing great platforming elements and a huge world to explore, it will be rated 10/10. *sobs*
This is the stuff dreams are made of.

Glorious dreams I have, not infrequently, that end up turning into the stuff of sob-stories when I wake up.

Sigh...

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
PLease dont toy with my emotions, I don't want any pictures of a possible banjo threeie, the pain is too great.
Same, there was a time when DK64 and Banjo Tooie were under my tree as new games.

The N64 days were so good.

Before microsoft made my life sad.

Banjo, Donkey Kong, and Wario Land. Three series' I will never live without. hence my k Rool support

Last edited:

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Same, there was a time when DK64 and Banjo Tooie were under my tree as new games.

The N64 days were so good.

Before microsoft made my life sad.

Banjo, Donkey Kong, and Wario Land. Three series' I will never live without. hence my k Rool support

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Cool to know that K. Rool's gotten a mention on one of the new DK action figures, this gives me more hope for him being in ssb and other future game installments.

As far as who I would choose goes, just one, to be in a ssb game. Banjo-Kazooie because that is one franchise that I wish would come back and it was a big part of my childhood as well like the mario, dk, and zelda series. And I agree that the Banjo-Kazooie games have one of the best music in gaming history. Still, I'd want King K. Rool as well because well, I just love crocodiles and reptiles.

JabbatheHutt

I feel Retro just wanted to try new villains, I feel the King will get a glorious return, they aren't phasing him out.

Why DK can get new villains while Wario couldn't of taken Bowser's place in the Gold infested New Mario Bros 2 is ridiculous

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I feel Retro just wanted to try new villains, I feel the King will get a glorious return, they aren't phasing him out.

Why DK can get new villains while Wario couldn't of taken Bowser's place in the Gold infested New Mario Bros 2 is ridiculous
I love Bowser and all but I agree that Wario should've gotten some more spotlight as well, as Mario's main villain. At least DK still has some in the Mario vs Donkey Kong games.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

I still think it'd be great if DKCR3 had K. Rool with the 2 previous groups of villains team up with a stronger than ever Kremling Krew.

In order to beat them, the entire DK clan has to come together.

DK, Diddy, Cranky, Dixie, Chunky, Lanky, and Funky, as well as maybe Tiny and Kiddy (and Wrinkly's ghost for the luls, as well as Krusha as an unlockable character).

That'd be super dope.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I an scenario where Banjo-Kazooie was still a Nintendo 2nd party game. And saying, for example, that Nut N' Bolts got released in the Wii. AND you could only choose one character between Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool (as weird and illogical that might sound). I would pick...

..yep, Banjo-Kazooie. He was big enough that I'm almost sure we would have been playing him since Brawl if.. that whole Microsoft thing didn't happened. And in this Smash we would get both BK and KKR. And we would be doing a Gruntilda support thread.
No way Jose. Banjo is great but he lacks personality vampires to the king; who I view as an obvious choice.
Just my opinion of course.

JabbatheHutt

I still think it'd be great if DKCR3 had K. Rool with the 2 previous groups of villains team up with a stronger than ever Kremling Krew.

In order to beat them, the entire DK clan has to come together.

DK, Diddy, Cranky, Dixie, Chunky, Lanky, and Funky, as well as maybe Tiny and Kiddy (and Wrinkly's ghost for the luls, as well as Krusha as an unlockable character).

That'd be super dope.
ID LOVE LANKY TO RETURN.

He was such a fun Kong design. Him and Chunky

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
No way Jose. Banjo is great but he lacks personality vampires to the king; who I view as an obvious choice.
Just my opinion of course.
And I respect it even though I completely disagree.

Anyway, here's a video from a blast from the past that I'm sure we're all familiar with.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
Lol, seriously? Sorry, I don't count the clouds at all. They can just as easily be a Lilipad... and considering the fact that the trailer announced a ninja frog, yeah.
What!? The clouds in the greninja trailer were a teaser, the guy that did the animation just said "ok this is a ninja frog character so I'm going to put a lilipad that looks exactly like pac man in the clouds"?

JabbatheHutt

Donkey Kong 64, so Broken, SO fun, The greatest plat former ever made. Needs a Glitch Free HD Remake.

I would LOVE to see the K Rool Cutscenes in HD

With Dixie Repalcing Tiny.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What pisses me off the most about the Microsoft buyout is that it was clearly done to hurt Nintendo. Why would Microsoft target Rare of all companies, and then do next to nothing with the IPs and have Rare make some dumb Kinect games instead? It is a case where there was so much about to happen, like Diddy Kong Pilot and Donkey Kong racing, and then once again Microsoft ruins everything.

Last edited:

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
What pisses me off the most about the Microsoft buyout is that it was clearly done to hurt Nintendo. Why would Microsoft target Rare of all companies, and then do next to nothing with the IPs and have Rare make some dumb Kinect games instead? It is a case where there was so much about to happen, like Diddy Kong Pilot and Donkey Kong racing, and then once again Microsoft ruins everything.
If it makes you feel better they tried to ruin themselves with the Xbox One reveal.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Wait let me explain!

I don't feel like it aged well, sure it might of been great back then, but I just feel like time has made it seem worse and worse.

I mean for starters I think its a collect a thon done wrong. I mean, for every level you had to collect

• Bananas
  • Banana Coin
  • Banana Medal
  • Golden Bananas
  • Battle Crown
With the expection of the Battle crown, you had to collect all of those with each kong.

DO you see how that can get repetitive? PLaying through the same level 5 times? And let me tell you, some of the later levels are MASSIVE, with items spread out everywhere.
And it's not like you can tackle them all at once, you can't collect the other kongs items unless you are playing as them. And most of them are unlocked later in the game, meaning you have to backtrack to a level you thought you already completed.

If you want to see a collect a thon done right, go check out Banjo Kazooie.

ALso speaking of the levels, it shows how badly optimized this game was. Almost all the levels were a lag fest, but rare decided to trick the player by speeding up the game so we wouldn't notice the lag, this causes So many issues and glitches that donkey kong 64 is known for being the most broken game of all time.

Now, I am not hating on people that like this game, they can like it all they want. I just don't like it.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

Wait let me explain!

I don't feel like it aged well, sure it might of been great back then, but I just feel like time has made it seem worse and worse.

I mean for starters I think its a collect a thon done wrong. I mean, for every level you had to collect

• Bananas
  • Banana Coin
  • Banana Medal
  • Golden Bananas
  • Battle Crown
With the expection of the Battle crown, you had to collect all of those with each kong.

DO you see how that can get repetitive? PLaying through the same level 5 times?
And it's not like you can tackle them all at once, you can't collect the other kongs items unless you are playing as them. And most of them are unlocked later in the game, meaning you have to backtrack to a level you thought you already completed.

If you want to see a collect a thon done right, go check out Banjo Kazooie.

ALso speaking of the levels, it shows how badly optimized this game was. Almost all the levels were a lag fest, but rare decided to trick the player by speeding up the game so we wouldn't notice the lag, this causes So many issues and glitches that donkey kong 64 is known for being the most broken game of all time.

Now, I am not hating on people that like this game, they can like it all they want. I just don't like it.
Its a game made for people with OCD.

I have OCD.

It makes me feel accepted in society

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Its a game made for people with OCD.

I have OCD.

It makes me feel accepted in society
Again, if you love Donkey Kong 64, go for it. I just don't like it.

well expect the music, its godly.

oh and chunky kong, hes pretty cool as well.

and the dk rap is dope as well.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

Again, if you love Donkey Kong 64, go for it. I just don't like it.

well expect the music, its godly.

oh and chunky kong, hes pretty cool as well.

and the dk rap is dope as well.
I will say this, it is MASSIVELY broken...

Dunno if you watched the glitch Lets Play

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
I will say this, it is MASSIVELY broken...

Dunno if you watched the glitch Lets Play
Oh And I am going to say one last thing

As a kid, Donkey Kong 64 unsettled me, like I was legitimately felt uneasy while playing it. Something just felt, off maybe its because of the overall darker tone of the game.

AND MAYBE BECAUSE OF **** LIKE THIS

or I could of just been a ***** when I was younger

JabbatheHutt

Oh And I am going to say one last thing

As a kid, Donkey Kong 64 unsettled me, like I was legitimately felt uneasy while playing it. Something just felt, off maybe its because of the overall darker tone of the game.

AND MAYBE BECAUSE OF **** LIKE THIS

or I could of just been a ***** when I was younger
NEVER use an example of the music in taht game as an argument against DK64.

The Soundtrack is the best, thats a fact :p

but seriously, those tracks are creepy as hell but great

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
NEVER use an example of the music in taht game as an argument against DK64.

The Soundtrack is the best, thats a fact :p

but seriously, those tracks are creepy as hell but great
What, I never said they were bad :( my last post even said I loved the soundtrack, I am just saying that music didnt help my feeling of legitimate dread when playing the game

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Creepiest part of DK64 is obvious.

"Get out!"

As a Mega Man fan, you have no idea how happy seeing Wily in 3D makes me.
I envy true fans of megaman like you, on how you felt when you watched the first nintendo direct with smash footage.

seeing megaman first announced, the screams of joy must of been amazing.

Top Bottom