• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I've spent too long on the Ridley thread. It turned really lame. But I'm home now. Home sweet home.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I've spent too long on the Ridley thread. It turned really lame. But I'm home now. Home sweet home.

on a topic about King K. Rool, i'd really love to see him be revealed in a villains trailer. i'd also love it if he was fast and light weight like how he was in DKC1. it'll bring something new(?) to the table

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

on a topic about King K. Rool, i'd really love to see him be revealed in a villains trailer. i'd also love it if he was fast and light weight like how he was in DKC1. it'll bring something new(?) to the table
I'm sorry. I've got nothing against Ridley, and I still would like to see him in. It's just those people are acting as ignorant and conceited as detractors. They seem to me like a bunch of piranhas looking to shred up anyone who thinks the opposite of what they do.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I got a warning on there for Spam.... Spam... on the Ridley Thread XD.

I posted Beyonce. I am not ashamed.

Here is home, where the heart is tho. Welcome back

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
While the presence of Kremlings in Smash Run doesn't absolutely guarantee K. Rool's inclusion 100%, it helps his chances quite a bit. K. Rool hasn't teased or hinted at like Little Mac, Palutena, and potentially Ridley, but still I think not being teased won't hurt K. Rool's chances in any way. Was there any other hints toward some of the other newcomers?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I got a warning on there for Spam.... Spam... on the Ridley Thread XD.

I posted Beyonce. I am not ashamed.

Here is home, where the heart is tho. Welcome back
You probably got a warning because they're trying to clean up the Ridley thread. IsmaR is considering closing the thread again if spam continues.

While the presence of Kremlings in Smash Run doesn't absolutely guarantee K. Rool's inclusion 100%, it helps his chances quite a bit. K. Rool hasn't teased or hinted at like Little Mac, Palutena, and potentially Ridley, but still I think not being teased won't hurt K. Rool's chances in any way. Was there any other hints toward some of the other newcomers?
You can argue that Robin was hinted at due to Id~Purpose and the comment on Ike's announcement, "And don't worry, Ike can still use Aether!" as hints towards Robin, but they hardly count really. Id~Purpose is more Robin's theme than anything (all the Id songs are), but Id~Purpose is one of the most popular songs in the game and is played during the Final Chapter.

Lucina WAS hinted at, but not through Sakurai. Lucina was shown having an Amiibo. Some claimed it meant nothing, and it may not have. Its hard to tell.

There were no hints at Greninja at all, that was completely out of left field. Rosalina wasn't hinted at either, unless you count a Super Mario Galaxy stage as hinting at Rosalina (here's a hint: it wasn't).. Mii's weren't hinted at either. Pac-Man was hinted at through the Galaga alien, though.

Little Mac technically wasn't hinted at, either. The Boxing Ring could've been based on anything, and a Boxing Ring is a common nod in fighting games. I don't think Little Mac was really hinted at with the Boxing Ring. I did think that at one point, but now I don't see it. Boxing Ring's have been featured in many different Nintendo games.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
You probably got a warning because they're trying to clean up the Ridley thread. IsmaR is considering closing the thread again if spam continues.

You can argue that Robin was hinted at due to Id~Purpose and the comment on Ike's announcement, "And don't worry, Ike can still use Aether!" as hints towards Robin, but they hardly count really. Id~Purpose is more Robin's theme than anything (all the Id songs are), but Id~Purpose is one of the most popular songs in the game and is played during the Final Chapter.

Lucina WAS hinted at, but not through Sakurai. Lucina was shown having an Amiibo. Some claimed it meant nothing, and it may not have. Its hard to tell.

There were no hints at Greninja at all, that was completely out of left field. Rosalina wasn't hinted at either, unless you count a Super Mario Galaxy stage as hinting at Rosalina (here's a hint: it wasn't).. Mii's weren't hinted at either. Pac-Man was hinted at through the Galaga alien, though.

Little Mac technically wasn't hinted at, either. The Boxing Ring could've been based on anything, and a Boxing Ring is a common nod in fighting games. I don't think Little Mac was really hinted at with the Boxing Ring. I did think that at one point, but now I don't see it. Boxing Ring's have been featured in many different Nintendo games.
I'd argue that the ring was a Mac hint. There was an analysis done where the conclusion was that the general aesthetic perfectly matched the Wii Punch-Out!!, right down to the color of the ring ropes.

JabbatheHutt

Pac-Man was hinted at through the Galaga alien, though.

Pacman was also hinted at through those clouds in the Greninja Trailer.

Also, the boxing Ring could hint at K Rool too

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Pacman was also hinted at through those clouds in the Greninja Trailer.

Also, the boxing Ring could hint at K Rool too
Lol, seriously? Sorry, I don't count the clouds at all. They can just as easily be a Lilipad... and considering the fact that the trailer announced a ninja frog, yeah.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I'm so bored. There's nothing to talk about. I hope tomorrow's pic of the day isn't as uninteresting as the past ones we've seen this week.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm so bored. There's nothing to talk about. I hope tomorrow's pic of the day isn't as uninteresting as the past ones we've seen this week.
"Pic of the day! Donkey Kong's old nemesis King K. Rool finally makes his mark on the Smash Bros. Battlefield! As an Assist Trophy of course!"

Can't say that would be 'uninteresting'.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
"Pic of the day! Donkey Kong's old nemesis King K. Rool finally makes his mark on the Smash Bros. Battlefield! As an Assist Trophy of course!"

Lol. In all honesty, Sakurai isn't about to bring back K. Rool and make him an Assist Trophy or Boss. Either K. Rool is playable, or he's only a trophy again.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Lol. In all honesty, Sakurai isn't about to bring back K. Rool and make him an Assist Trophy or Boss. Either K. Rool is playable, or he's only a trophy again.
I'm not so sure about that. I expect him to get a larger role this time, but what role that may be is up the air as far as I'm concerned.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

What are your thoughts on the Trophy Quiz Theory? I don't believe it fully, but I think it's interesting nonetheless.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596

You know, that would be immensely depressing. However at least we would know the fate of our dear kaptain.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What are your thoughts on the Trophy Quiz Theory? I don't believe it fully, but I think it's interesting nonetheless.
If its anything, its coincidental. I don't think it really hints at anything. I don't think we're getting a Zelda newcomer, although I do think Ganondorf will get revamped and I do think Ridley is playable. The only thing it probably was hinting at is Palutena.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Doubt this means anything, but the back of the new Jakks Pacific DK toy mentions K. Rool.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Doubt this means anything, but the back of the new Jakks Pacific DK toy mentions K. Rool.

:4greninja:'d. Mando already posted it on the previous page and we've been debating over it.

Its a direct copy from his Brawl trophy, but why'd they leave it in there if K. Rool isn't the main antagonist of the series anymore and they're trying to get rid of him...? Makes you think.

EDIT: Mando posted it a couple pages ago. My bad.

Last edited:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
:4greninja:'d. Mando already posted it on the previous page and we've been debating over it.

Its a direct copy from his Brawl trophy, but why'd they leave it in there if K. Rool isn't the main antagonist of the series anymore and they're trying to get rid of him...? Makes you think.
Should have checked the last page! My bad.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Guys, heres a difficult question, you have a choice of either Banjo Kazooie or King K Rool in Smash 4. Who do you choose?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Guys, heres a difficult question, you have a choice of either Banjo Kazooie or King K Rool in Smash 4. Who do you choose?
King K. Rool hands down. Banjo Kazooie is never going to happen anyway because its owned by Microsoft and I have no real interest in the Banjo Kazooie franchise, I've never gotten to playing them.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
King K. Rool hands down. Banjo Kazooie is never going to happen anyway because its owned by Microsoft and I have no real interest in the Banjo Kazooie franchise, I've never gotten to playing them.
nO you guys mistook my question, let me reword it.

If you could guarantee one character to be in smash, would you pick Banjo-Kazooie or King K Rool?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
nO you guys mistook my question, let me reword it.

If you could guarantee one character to be in smash, would you pick Banjo-Kazooie or King K Rool?
Obvious answer is obvious. You're in the King K. Rool thread. Who ELSE would we pick?

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Wuh-wuh-what!?!?!? NO INTEREST IN 2 OF THE GREATEST GAMES ON THE N64?!?!?!? Dude, Banjo-Kazooie is like my favorite game, it's like the BEST GAME EVER!!!! Ocarina can suck my bawlz. Banjo-Tooie is awesome too, but, not as good as Kazooie. Never played Nuts and Bolts, but I've only heard that it sucks, so...

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
This question is to hard I love both immensely
This is a really difficult choice. I've played both Banjo-Kazooie games in my childhood and enjoyed them very much. I've experienced K. Rool awesomeness through my time of playing the DK series. I'd give a slight edge to K. Rool, but Banjo & Kazooie would be perfect for Smash. Just wish Banjo & Kazooie were in better hands now. :(

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I an scenario where Banjo-Kazooie was still a Nintendo 2nd party game. And saying, for example, that Nut N' Bolts got released in the Wii. AND you could only choose one character between Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool (as weird and illogical that might sound). I would pick...

..yep, Banjo-Kazooie. He was big enough that I'm almost sure we would have been playing him since Brawl if.. that whole Microsoft thing didn't happened. And in this Smash we would get both BK and KKR. And we would be doing a Gruntilda support thread.

JabbatheHutt

I an scenario where Banjo-Kazooie was still a Nintendo 2nd party game. And saying, for example, that Nut N' Bolts got released in the Wii. AND you could only choose one character between Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool (as weird and illogical that might sound). I would pick...

..yep, Banjo-Kazooie. He was big enough that I'm almost sure we would have been playing him since Brawl if.. that whole Microsoft thing didn't happened. And in this Smash we would get both BK and KKR. And we would be doing a Gruntilda support thread.
If only...

and wed have eggs as Items, Klungo as a stage hazard, SO MUCH FREAKING GOOD MUSIC TO CHOOSE FROM (HailFIre Peaks is one of the best stage tunes ever made), Jinjos as Assist Trophies, and a Clankers Cavern Stage.

Maybe Jamjars and Bottles could host different modes.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Obvious answer is obvious. You're in the King K. Rool thread. Who ELSE would we pick?
I....this question in general makes me angry on the inside, cuz it would certainly not be an easy pick for me.

...At least the King's still got a realistic shot. :sadsheep:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
If only...

and wed have eggs as Items, Klungo as a stage hazard, SO MUCH FREAKING GOOD MUSIC TO CHOOSE FROM (HailFIre Peaks is one of the best stage tunes ever made), Jinjos as Assist Trophies, and a Clankers Cavern Stage.

Maybe Jamjars and Bottles could host different modes.
Click Clock Wood would be an awesome stage using the changing seasons as a cool mechanic. Rusty Bucket Bay and Grunty Industries would make for awesome stages too.

Top Bottom