• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I think what's interesting is the fact that the target audience for this toy would be kids yet it for some reason mentions a character that most kids don't know about. It might just be wishful thinking, but maybe K. Rool is expected to become known again in some big way?
I wish man.. Like I said in my first post, I haven't even played ANY DK game ever in my life, yet I know the character and I love it so much, he is just so effing cool. A character like him should be a playable one. He must revive and tell the world how important is to be the original villain of an entire saga.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
They mentioned K. Rool on the back of DK's amiibo??!?!?!!

So much for "lol nintendo is trying to bury the character, they hate him!"

Im so excited now!!!
It's not his amiibo but a separate line of toy figures (which are brand new nonetheless).

:4greninja:'d, twice.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I wish man.. Like I said in my first post, I haven't even played ANY DK game ever in my life, yet I know the character and I love it so much, he is just so effing cool. A character like him should be a playable one. He must revive and tell the world how important is to be the original villain of an entire saga.
Hold up now, the original villain of the overall DK series is... MARIO!!

But no, yes, you're right. K. Rool was the villain of an entire saga.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
We should remember to be reasonable about this guys. This was just a copy paste of DK's brawl trophy description, and they likely didn't remove K. Rool because they were too lazy. Maybe I'm wrong. But we shouldn't see this as any real evidence

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We should remember to be reasonable about this guys. This was just a copy paste of DK's brawl trophy description, and they likely didn't remove K. Rool because they were too lazy. Maybe I'm wrong. But we shouldn't see this as any real evidence
And they could've just as easily removed the line about K. Rool if they really wanted to.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I still don't understand why people think kremlins being in Smash Run hitns towards K. Rool being playable. By that logic the tikis in Smash Run woud hint towards a tiki being playable.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I still don't understand why people think kremlins being in Smash Run hitns towards K. Rool being playable. By that logic the tikis in Smash Run woud hint towards a tiki being playable.
And I don't understand why we need to go over this again.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't, it just means he has a good chance being in the game. And you Counter example is flawed.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Because they are K.Rool's minions and whether you like it or not that hints him in some way.
They weren't enemies in the SSE mode on Brawl, yet out of nowhere they are in Smash Run, that's gotta mean something, good or bad, but something related to K.Rool.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Because they are K.Rool's minions and whether you like it or not that hints him in some way.
They weren't enemies in the SSE mode on Brawl, yet out of nowhere they are in Smash Run, that's gotta mean something, good or bad, but something related to K.Rool.
But there were also tikis. It could just be that they're implementing enemies from the DK franchise.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Heh, they kept the K. Rool mention from 2008 for a DK toy description in 2014. With this, the cartoon rereleases, the Japanese rereleases of the DKL trilogy, and K. Rool guaranteed -some- role in Smash, it's clear he's not "retired" or "being moved away from" or any conspiratorial BS. He's simply in the background while Retro dabbles with their own ostensibly creative replacements, biding his time before a Koopalings-esque return.

Are Tikis the only enemy in Smash Run to not have appeared in a major game since Brawl's release? Is their leader one of, if not the single biggest international first party newcomer request? Are Tikis the enemy race who everyone preaching muhrelevance claimed were being written out of any and all new roles in favor of wooden replacements?

No? Well then, enough with the false equivalence. Kremlings and K. Rool are in an entirely different boat than the Tikis and Tiki Tong, the Egg Robos and Robotnik, the Mets and Wily, the Sakurai Babies and Hades, etc. etc. They don't guarantee him playability, but literally no one is claiming this, just that it helps his odds, since if Kremlings are "an iconic DK enemy who are being added to rep DK," what light does that put K. Rool in as their leader (who's never not appeared in some role while his army are enemy mooks, mind you)? A pretty glowing one, IMO.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Heh, they kept the K. Rool mention from 2008 for a DK toy description in 2014. With this, the cartoon rereleases, the Japanese rereleases of the DKL trilogy, and K. Rool guaranteed -some- role in Smash, it's clear he's not "retired" or "being moved away from" or any conspiratorial BS. He's simply in the background while Retro dabbles with their own ostensibly creative replacements, biding his time before a Koopalings-esque return.

Are Tikis the only enemy in Smash Run to not have appeared in a major game since Brawl's release? Is their leader one of, if not the single biggest international first party newcomer request? Are Tikis the enemy race who everyone preaching muhrelevance claimed were being written out of any and all new roles in favor of wooden replacements?

No? Well then, enough with the false equivalence. Kremlings and K. Rool are in an entirely different boat than the Tikis and Tiki Tong, the Egg Robos and Robotnik, the Mets and Wily, the Sakurai Babies and Hades, etc. etc.
Ugh, exactly, all the arguments are stupid. Whenever you try bringing up the importance the Kremlings being in this game means, detractors just completely and totally blow it off and compare it to some other enemy, most of which have in fact appeared in recent titles. Hell, even EGG ROBOS have appeared in recent titles (despite only ever appearing in one stage in the franchise), as they're in Sonic Generations, a game that came out three years ago, and even Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (due to both games featuring Sky Sanctuary).

So, yeah, the evidence greatly favors K. Rool at this point.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Now this is an interesting development. Another blow to the already flimsy "relevancy" argument, huh?

Hopefully this leads to a return of the King soon.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Also, as other guy said, Bowser can beat his own minions in Smash Run, Dedede can beat his own minions, Ridley most likely will be able to beat the King Kihunter, Ganondorf and maybe Ghirahim will be able to beat tons of Zelda enemies. Why would be King K.Rool beating the Kremlings an exception?

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Also, as other guy said, Bowser can beat his own minions on Smash Run, Dedede can beat his own minions, Ridley most likely will be able to beat the King Kihunter, Ganondorf and maybe Ghirahim will be able to beat tons of Zelda enemies. Why would be King K.Rool beating the Kremlings an exception?
Still, as an added touch they could make it to where the Kremlings are all holding coconut chills when K. Rool is being used. :p

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Also, as other guy said, Bowser can beat his own minions on Smash Run, Dedede can beat his own minions, Ridley most likely will be able to beat the King Kihunter, Ganondorf and maybe Ghirahim will be able to beat tons of Zelda enemies. Why would be King K.Rool beating the Kremlings an exception?
He's a pyscotic lunatic, he doesn't care much for his troops, and is the most likely of all Nintendo villains to take them out if they bother them, I mean Bowser is a father figure to his koopas in comparison

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
You're ignoring my main concern, which is that the tikis are also in. If it were just the kremlins, I'd be more convinced, because then it is a specific reference to the kremlins. However the fact that the tikis are in too mean it could just be general DK enemies.

Edit- Bowser is a jerk to all of his minions. He's even a jerk to Kamek, who raised him.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
You're ignoring my main concern, which is that the tikis are also in. If it were just the kremlins, I'd be more convinced, because then it is a specific reference to the kremlins. However the fact that the tikis are in too mean it could just be general DK enemies.

Edit- Bowser is a jerk to all of his minions. He's even a jerk to Kamek, who raised him.
I'm pretty sure at this point, Kremlings are no longer considered to be "general DK enemies" anymore.

T-Hell

Smash Lord

And I already answered you that that could be the case, but is still a little suspicious.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
And they could've just as easily removed the line about K. Rool if they really wanted to.
I suppose, but what would be gained from removing the line? Don't get me wrong, I am happy over this little mention, I just don't see it pointing in any specific direction.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Seeing him mentioned just makes me...happy, you know?

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
This might be a bit off topic and sorry if it's been discussed here before..

But Smash has a history of each major series having at least 2 stages since Melee, not counting "Past Stages", (even though Brawl went a little wonky with it in regards to a few franchises). So it's not out of the realm of possibilities to see one retro DKC stage (i.e. Gangplank Galleon) and one modern DKC stage from Return/TF. This helps them cater to the modern revival of the series as well as still paying attention to the original games. Thus, if K.Rool is in the game, he could have a home stage and not feel out of place with all the modern series attention.

And I actually think the choice of Smash Run enemies kind of supports this. We have Kritters AND Tikis. So maybe we get a stage related to both. And the so-called "Kremling boss" in Smash Run (that doesn't seem to be K.Rool) that has been tossed around supports this too.

All just hopeful speculation of course.:)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This might be a bit off topic and sorry if it's been discussed here before..

But Smash has a history of each major series having at least 2 stages since Melee, not counting "Past Stages", (even though Brawl went a little wonky with it in regards to a few franchises). So it's not out of the realm of possibilities to see one retro DKC stage (i.e. Gangplank Galleon) and one modern DKC stage from Return/TF. This helps them cater to the modern revival of the series as well as still paying attention to the original games. Thus, if K.Rool is in the game, he could have a home stage and not feel out of place with all the modern series attention.

And I actually think the choice of Smash Run enemies kind of supports this. We have Kritters AND Tikis. So maybe we get a stage related to both. And the so-called "Kremling boss" in Smash Run (that doesn't seem to be K.Rool) that has been tossed around supports this too.

All just hopeful speculation of course.:)
Exactly. I'm thinking of maybe a classic DKC stage for both 3DS and Wii U, as well as a Returns stage for 3DS and TF stage for Wii U. The fact that DK should, in theory, get two new stages per game, and we've got NONE of them, really screams out that we're going to get a boatload of DK content coming up, and my bets are very high that we're getting both K. Rool and Dixie Kong at this point. Its hard to justify not including both of them, and Dixie would be an easier character to design because she's got a lot of similar animations to Diddy Kong, even if her moveset is completely and totally 100% unique (and I doubt it would be, though I imagine she'd be less of a semiclone than even Wolf).

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
Exactly. I'm thinking of maybe a classic DKC stage for both 3DS and Wii U, as well as a Returns stage for 3DS and TF stage for Wii U. The fact that DK should, in theory, get two new stages per game, and we've got NONE of them, really screams out that we're going to get a boatload of DK content coming up, and my bets are very high that we're getting both K. Rool and Dixie Kong at this point. Its hard to justify not including both of them, and Dixie would be an easier character to design because she's got a lot of similar animations to Diddy Kong, even if her moveset is completely and totally 100% unique (and I doubt it would be, though I imagine she'd be less of a semiclone than even Wolf).
Thing is, Dixie is also unique enough to be a fully fledged and entirely new and unqie character with her own moves and everything. If she makes it in, I hope Sakurai sees that. And K.Rool just has so much potential obviously.

If only Dixie made it in, I'd be okay but disappointed. If only K.Rool got in I'd satisfied (and overwhelmingly excited of course) but still a bit disappointed that they both didn't make it. If they BOTH got in? Holy hell I don't even know what I'd do. I'd be those little kids you see on reaction videos screaming their damn head off.

I dont wanna talk about if neither of them make it in because I refuse to believe that would happen. (pls sakurai :( )

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Arceus hear you, my friend.

Last edited:

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Guys, if king k rool is in the game, that means king k rool ambios which mean we could play with king k rool

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm worried not every character will get one, just based on Sakurai's wording about them. :/

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well we DID get Rocket Barrel theme from DKCR, which is cool, but one song compared to the other series is suspiciously small
And it all hints at more DKC-era (90's-early 00's, 10's-present) stuff from the DKC series, while nothing else is getting mentioned at all so far.

K. Rool is the clear biggest star left of this era left that isn't playable with the big D himself confirmed and the megastar monkey confirmed.

And with Cranky possibly deconfirmed (sadly), Dixie is the clear #2 after K. Rool.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm worried not every character will get one, just based on Sakurai's wording about them. :/
Nintendo confirmed at E3 that every character in Smash Bros. will get an Amiibo, and if any characters don't, its probably the third-parties.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wonder if K. Rool or Kremlings will get mentioned on DK's trophy this time around?

There was no mention in 64, a Kremling Krew mention in Melee, and a mention for both in Brawl. Now, I'm expecting either something like "He's often forced into action by foes like the Kremlings" or just "When someone messes with his bananas, he loses it."

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Say you guys, this is interesting, on the roster, of the newcomers they are mainly either Human or Pokémon, the only exception is Pacman, and he isn't a Nintendo character, I think this bodes well for the King since we get several non-human characters every game(for example, Diddy, Wolf, Metaknight, and Dedede in Brawl; Falco Bowser, etc in Melee), and its not like theres a ton of options left

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Say you guys, this is interesting, on the roster, of the newcomers they are mainly either Human or Pokémon, the only exception is Pacman, and he isn't a Nintendo character, I think this bodes well for the King since we get several non-human characters every game(for example, Diddy, Wolf, Metaknight, and Dedede in Brawl; Falco Bowser, etc in Melee), and its not like theres a ton of options left
I think that's stretching a bit... I don't think there's some sort of magical statute of "oh, I need to add XYZ amount of non-human characters, or I need to add XYZ amount of human characters" that Sakurai has. Its probably moreso "let's look at the franchises which could use more reps, let's look at what the characters can do and how unique they are, etc." Having Villain or Female characters in there might bode well for certain characters as well, but whether its an animal or human character...? Isn't that stretching a bit?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Also, for the record, if K. Rool ends up playable, I am pretty sure most of the skeptics will have their argument made fun of by most people when people look back on the arguments made against him.
Wow, that's actually really cool and interesting.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
You posted this before:

Top Bottom