• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So I was at the zoo today, and saw many reptiles. Snakes, lizards, turtles, the whole nine yards.

But I couldn't find any crocodilians, not a single one. Looking back now, I'm enraged. You can't hide him forever Sakurai!!!
I saw this guy at the Houston Zoo.

But he's albino! What does this mean!?!?!?!?!?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

WIP. Having fun with it.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
[collapse="My Rebuttal to that Logic that never actually was a thing"]
[/collapse]
You're welcome. ;)
But then they say crap like Ghostly Adventures (lol) makes Pac-Man relevant or that Mega Man is very well-known so he doesn't count. They think that Little Mac and Palutena deserve to be in just because they each had a somewhat recent game but neither of them have been in as many games as K. Rool so they don't deserve to be in as much as K. Rool. The nerve of these loons.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Well, the thing is, DK could easily get both Dixie and K. Rool as completely original newcomers. Lucina is a very, VERY easy clone. That's the difference.

Lack of DK content makes me fully believe we will get a DK trailer, as well. DK always has been the prime candidate to get two newcomer reps.
Calm down, Sakurai is obviously saving the best reveals for last.
I agree with both of you. I have the feeling that we will get a DK exclusive trailer showcasing both K. Rool and Dixie. Maybe another veteran reveal too. K. Rool is one of the most noteworthy characters that hasn't been shown yet. I think Sakurai knows what he is doing.

I like Lucina, I'm glad she got in.

But I do agree that it SHOULD guarantee DK at least one more character.
I like Lucina's inclusion too. We shouldn't bash Fire Emblem just because they have more reps than DK at the moment. As for the bolded part, I definitely agree with that. With Fire Emblem getting two newcomers, in my mind does guarantee AT LEAST one DK newcomer, but I want to see both Dixie and K. Rool get confirmed. Both are very deserving in my eyes.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I agree with both of you. I have the feeling that we will get a DK exclusive trailer showcasing both K. Rool and Dixie. Maybe another veteran reveal too. K. Rool is one of the most noteworthy characters that hasn't been shown yet. I think Sakurai knows what he is doing.

I like Lucina's inclusion too. We shouldn't bash Fire Emblem just because they have more reps than DK at the moment. As for the bolded part, I definitely agree with that. With Fire Emblem getting two newcomers, in my mind does guarantee AT LEAST one DK newcomer, but I want to see both Dixie and K. Rool get confirmed. Both are very deserving in my eyes.
As far as I'm concerned, a new DK rep was confirmed in my eyes long ago. DK had by far the biggest revival out of all the recently revived franchises.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
As far as I'm concerned, a new DK rep was confirmed in my eyes long ago. DK had by far the biggest revival out of all the recently revived franchises.
Very true. Even before the Fire Emblem newcomer trailer last month, I knew that DK will get a newcomer. The additions of Lucina and Robin helped solidify my stance of DK getting at least one newcomer, if not two, even further.

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
Has anyone in this thread played DKCR for the 3DS and if so, is it good? I'm only asking because I don't think I can play the Wii version because my disc reading lens has a smudge or is dusty. It makes it so I cant play games like Brawl or Metroid Prime 3 because they all say the disc is unreadable. Anyway, I want to know if the 3DS version is a good port of the Wii game.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Has anyone in this thread played DKCR for the 3DS and if so, is it good? I'm only asking because I don't think I can play the Wii version because my disc reading lens has a smudge or is dusty. It makes it so I cant play games like Brawl or Metroid Prime 3 because they all say the disc is unreadable. Anyway, I want to know if the 3DS version is a good port of the Wii game.
A friend of mine owns it on 3DS and it seemed to be pretty much the same as the Wii version which admittedly I never finished since I really only played it right before Tropical Freeze came out and my gaming was taking over by that DK game instead. That said it doesn't look quite as nice and I think only runs at 30 FPS, so it's been downgraded a bit to make the transition, but besides maybe a couple of little hic-ups it's largely the same game with some additional content and better controls since rolling is mapped to motion controls (Which I always hated in the Wii version). So yeah, it's a pretty good port of the Wii version from what I played of it, though that was maybe an hour of playing/watching my friend play it.

Unrelated to that: At this point I'll take anything interesting, I'm slowly coming to grips with the fact we only have couple of character left to be revealed as sad as it is with so much untapped potential in so many characters. So a Dixie and King K. Rool trailer would be perfectly fine as a last trailer just because hey, I really want one of them (Rool) and the other can probably be pretty unique (Dixie or hell even Cranky due to the hilarity that would ensure). At the very least a single Donkey Kong character needs to be added to the line-up at this point, I mean seriously there's so much to pull from the DK series. I guess I'm hopeful due to the lack of DK content announced, but I'd say I'm hopeful for Ridley as well, and that doesn't make him any more confirmed or deconfirmed. But if both were announced in the same trailer, oh holy **** man, I'd be bouncing off the walls in hype.

Last edited:

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
How am i not on supporters, i'm a giant DKC fan (DKC2 was my childhood). Sign me up.

I may not post much, but i read nearly every post.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I still want the following in a trailer:

-DK and Diddy are fighting a bunch of Kremlings and Tikis.

-Chunky shows up and shakes a tree to finish a few.

-A few elite Kremlings up on Diddy.

-A flying girl with ponytails shows up.

-Dixie SWIRLS IN!!! (splash art)

-Dixie beats up tons of characters and Kremlings.

-The trailer ends with the logo.

-Then it cuts back to a defeated K. Rool as the kredits role.

-The Donkey Kong clan is celebrating while the kredits role.

-Meanwhile, the Krazy Kremling King gets up and goes to konquer the kongs!

-K. Rool KREEPS IN!!! (splash art)

-Trailer ends.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still want the following in a trailer:

-DK and Diddy are fighting a bunch of Kremlings and Tikis.

-Chunky shows up and shakes a tree to finish a few.

-A few elite Kremlings up on Diddy.

-A flying girl with ponytails shows up.

-Dixie SWIRLS IN!!! (splash art)

-Dixie beats up tons of characters and Kremlings.

-The trailer ends with the logo.

-Then it cuts back to a defeated K. Rool as the kredits role.

-The Donkey Kong clan is celebrating while the kredits role.

-Meanwhile, the Krazy Kremling King gets up and goes to konquer the kongs!

-K. Rool KREEPS IN!!! (splash art)

-Trailer ends.
You know why I love this? It's totally in character (karacter? :p ) for K. Rool to be shown after the logos and title cards. :laugh:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Your avatar tho is of the dreaded redesign of K Rool.

Hope thats not the one we get, forget if this was discussed before
I think that design is perfect for a modern K. Rool. Sure it looks goofy, but it fits with how goofy DK looks in his recent games.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Just going to throw it out there that a new leak stated Cranky Kong as the DK newcomer meaning we'd get niether Dixie nor K. Rool. I'm sharing this info to hear others opinions on Cranky instead of K.Rool and Dixie (not that I believe it)

I personally would be very un excited about this.....I personally don't like Cranky Kong that much.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Just going to throw it out there that a new leak stated Cranky Kong as the DK newcomer meaning we'd get niether Dixie nor K. Rool. I'm sharing this info to hear others opinions on Cranky instead of K.Rool and Dixie (not that I believe it)

I personally would be very un excited about this.....I personally don't like Cranky Kong that much.
That's gotta be a trolling, Sakurai can't be that stupid, can he?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Cranky Kong has been disconfirmed already. And yeah, there's no way Cranky would be playable over K. Rool or Dixie.

Top Bottom