• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheSarcasticGuy

Smash Cadet
I want Cranky more than Dixie, to be honest. Obviously I want K. Rool the most, but I wouldn't be too upset if Cranky got in instead of him. I would however be disappointed if Dixie got in instead of him. I've never really seen the appeal of her.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Just going to throw it out there that a new leak stated Cranky Kong as the DK newcomer meaning we'd get niether Dixie nor K. Rool. I'm sharing this info to hear others opinions on Cranky instead of K.Rool and Dixie (not that I believe it)

I personally would be very un excited about this.....I personally don't like Cranky Kong that much.
I'm assuming this is the leak with the gameboy stage. It also says that Don-Chan from an old Namco game would be playable but he is one of Pacmans taunts.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Everyone has their personal taste.

For me my reasoning of dislike is this...Cranky for EVERY DK title except TF has been a background character/shopkeeper is he any less important to the DK series? Absolutely not. Yes I realize he has been in WAY more games than Dixie and K.Rool at this point however like I said he's the definition of a supporting role in the franchise and to pick him over the franchise villian or number 3 hero just seems foolish and would certainly make it seem that relevancy is more important to Sakurai.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I want Cranky more than Dixie, to be honest. Obviously I want K. Rool the most, but I wouldn't be too upset if Cranky got in instead of him. I would however be disappointed if Dixie got in instead of him. I've never really seen the appeal of her.
Sorry to dissapoint you but he's been deconfirmed. People have found a Cranky Kong trophy in some Smash Run footage. I haven't seen it myself but others have. And then there's his silhouette in the Jungle Japes Melee stage.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't see this guy happening, no relevance, doesn't look interesting...Screw it, rumor has it you guys are entertaining, and K.Rool suddenly seems extremely likely dus to Sakurai listening to western fans and dem kritters. I HERE BY SUPPORT KING K. ROOL

inb4 obligatory One of us

Laniv

Smash Champion
I don't see this guy happening, no relevance, doesn't look interesting...Screw it, rumor has it you guys are entertaining, and K.Rool suddenly seems extremely likely dus to Sakurai listening to western fans and dem kritters. I HERE BY SUPPORT KING K. ROOL

inb4 obligatory One of us
Welcome to the Kutthroats!

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Has anyone in this thread played DKCR for the 3DS and if so, is it good? I'm only asking because I don't think I can play the Wii version because my disc reading lens has a smudge or is dusty. It makes it so I cant play games like Brawl or Metroid Prime 3 because they all say the disc is unreadable. Anyway, I want to know if the 3DS version is a good port of the Wii game.
I have both versions and I actually like the 3DS version better. The 3DS version has more levels and no motion control. The only thing is the graphics aren't quite as good but I don't mind that.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Update on King K Rool

Groose

Smash Champion
Last chance: I've been working on a video for a while now, and I've been collecting as much K. Rool Smash related art as I can. If you have anything you'd like me to use, send it to me or tag me in a post with it. I need it in the next twenty-four to forty-eight hours or so, though, because I plan to have the video up before too long.

Oh, and I may have already borrowed your artwork, especially if it's been posted here or tweeted out with #KRool4Smash4. I'm not taking credit for your; I even say in the video and in the annotations "look at what K. Rool's fans have done to support their character." Additionally, I have a fairly comprehensive credits list at the end of the video, so chances are that your name has been mentioned there; if not, I still mention that there may have been some names I forgot to credit. Don't sue me, as I'm doing nothing but trying to get your beloved character in Smash. /poorlawyertalk

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'd be unbelievably miffed if Cranky was added. He's probably my least favorite Kong.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Sorry to dissapoint you but he's been deconfirmed. People have found a Cranky Kong trophy in some Smash Run footage. I haven't seen it myself but others have. And then there's his silhouette in the Jungle Japes Melee stage.
Someone should make an image of the Jungle Japes stage with Cranky as a fighter and Alfonzo being the silhouette...

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Well what do you know, K. Rool does exist, just look at that girth and those big sharp teeth hanging out. If you look carefully too, you'll notice that his left eye is a little larger than the other.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd be unbelievably miffed if Cranky was added. He's probably my least favorite Kong.
I like Cranky for his charm and attitude. Cranky always had a certain thing going to him due to his quirky personality... Which he most certainly does NOT have as a playable character. That's probably the worst decision they ever made. Cranky is most certainly not "beating the game in five minutes" like he always claims he'd be capable of.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
Cranky is my favorite Donkey Kong character so obviously I'd be cool with him, but really until Tropical Freeze he was below even Funky when it came to character additions for Smash.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
So.. anyone with time and desire to make a list of hints or reasons that may lead to K.Rool being a playable? I'm getting a little skeptical now and I don't now why..

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I sort of disliked how Tropical Freeze made Cranky playable. Part of his charm was how he always talked a big game but never put his money where his mouth was. Finally getting involved in the action and only performing as well as the other Kongs basically makes any boastful remark or claim he gives in the future much more hollow.

He's great fun to play with, though, so it was totally worth it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So.. anyone with time and desire to make a list of hints or reasons that may lead to K.Rool being a playable? I'm getting a little skeptical now and I don't now why..
The only hints I know of are the Kremlings and the fact Sakurai isn't biased to the Japanese anymore with Little Mac's inclusion and the likelyhood of Ridley being there aswell

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The only hints I know of are the Kremlings and the fact Sakurai isn't biased to the Japanese anymore with Little Mac's inclusion and the likelyhood of Ridley being there aswell
Well, if he was biased to the Japanese K. Rool is STILL a great choice, as he's one of the most popular requests in Japan as well.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Well what do you know, K. Rool does exist, just look at that girth and those big sharp teeth hanging out. If you look carefully too, you'll notice that his left eye is a little larger than the other.
He's undercover, making sure that Sakurai adds him to Smash :p

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I like Cranky for his charm and attitude. Cranky always had a certain thing going to him due to his quirky personality... Which he most certainly does NOT have as a playable character. That's probably the worst decision they ever made. Cranky is most certainly not "beating the game in five minutes" like he always claims he'd be capable of.
That's exactly it though. Cranky just talks big and overstates his actual ability. He's that old man that always says "well in my day we had to x, kids these days have it too easy" etc. Playable Cranky is the best and your opinion is wrong.
kidding

So what does a crocodile want with bananas anyway?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's exactly it though. Cranky just talks big and overstates his actual ability. He's that old man that always says "well in my day we had to x, kids these days have it too easy" etc. Playable Cranky is the best and your opinion is wrong.
kidding

So what does a crocodile want with bananas anyway?
I read that K.Rool doesn't even like the bananas, in Jungle Climber I think it was. It was just to starve the Kongs

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
Funny how, so far I noticed, every K. Rool fan is also a Ridley fan and vice-versa :D

<3
Actually, I'm far from a Ridley fan. Granted, I'm not a senseless hater of the guy, but I wouldn't care if he was a boss again. Still, if Sakurai can make him work, I'm curious to see what he did with that purple dragon, but right now, I don't see him happening.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Funny how, so far I noticed, every K. Rool fan is also a Ridley fan and vice-versa :D

<3
I hate being the exception to the Rool, but not entirely true - I honestly couldn't care less what happens to Ridley.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I care far more for K. Rool, but I wouldn't mind Ridley joining the cast either. I feel like, despite our rivalries and bickering, Metroid fans and DK fans have gone through very similar scenarios in their fandoms (numerous dry spells, developer hopping, western appeal, both even have their black sheeps), so we can relate to each other easily. The only problem is... there are MUCH more Metroid fans online, so sometimes us DK fans get overshadowed.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

<3
I'm not a Ridley fan persay, but I do think he should be playable, and both K. Rool and Ridley fans are in the same boat; they believe we should have more villains and K. Rool and Ridley are the prime candidates.

When did k rool changed his eyes position?
K. Rool's eyes vary depending on the game. I think Baron K. Roolenstein is the main one where they were reversed, though. Most times its the correct eye.

I care far more for K. Rool, but I wouldn't mind Ridley joining the cast either. I feel like, despite our rivalries and bickering, Metroid fans and DK fans have gone through very similar scenarios in their fandoms (numerous dry spells, developer hopping, western appeal, both even have their black sheeps), so we can relate to each other easily. The only problem is... there are MUCH more Metroid fans online, so sometimes us DK fans get overshadowed.
I don't think its so much the case that there are more Metroid fans online, but Metroid fans are more vocal because Ridley has had nothing against him at all. K. Rool fans had to wait until Diddy made it into Brawl before requesting K. Rool.

EDIT: Not to mention the Ridley tease way back in Melee.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Last chance: I've been working on a video for a while now, and I've been collecting as much K. Rool Smash related art as I can. If you have anything you'd like me to use, send it to me or tag me in a post with it. I need it in the next twenty-four to forty-eight hours or so, though, because I plan to have the video up before too long.

Oh, and I may have already borrowed your artwork, especially if it's been posted here or tweeted out with #KRool4Smash4. I'm not taking credit for your; I even say in the video and in the annotations "look at what K. Rool's fans have done to support their character." Additionally, I have a fairly comprehensive credits list at the end of the video, so chances are that your name has been mentioned there; if not, I still mention that there may have been some names I forgot to credit. Don't sue me, as I'm doing nothing but trying to get your beloved character in Smash. /poorlawyertalk
Here are some great pieces I'd suggest, they're almost all from Japanese artists on PIXIV (like deviant art for japanese people).

I removed the pictures because I think PIXIV blocks direct links. I found preview images, however. View the full work by clicking on "Link to Work".

Link to work. Artist: だんP

Link to work. Artist: アルチョム

Link to work. Artist: わへっぷ

Link to work Artist: わへっぷ

Link to work. Artist: りぼるばー

Link to work By JJ_McCullough

An older one of mine

By リック on Miiverse

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior