• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Chunky is a Assist Trophy?

That's news to me because I don't him confirmed.

We're winding down to the final new character reveals and I been thinking that they are villains, King K Rool, Ghirahim and Ridley.

I had Isaac in there as well, but at this point I don't think we're getting Isaac for where Golden Sun seems to stand, oh well the Fire Emblem characters really made up for the lack of Golden Sun putting Robin and Lucina in.

It seems that trophy quiz is hinting new characters, two have been confirmed with Palutena being added as a new Kid Icarus character and again we got new FE characters, all I can say is we're probably getting a new Zelda character and a new Metroid character according to that.

Who knows maybe we'll get one last trophy quiz hinting one last wave of newcomers?

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
Sincerely, those new leaks sounds like bogus to me. Even tough the ones behind it are nice people, i've heard they have been wrong/got a faulty source before. I've read the discussion, and it IS all baseless speculation. They still cling to gematsu, even tough the guy probably works in publicity for the E3, and every other leaked character except the E3 ones are probably predictions or attention seeking by the source. Adding that to some random leaks only because they don't contradict itself, fans of the leaked characters going nuts and taking it as 100% legit info and you got that thread. It may be end up real, but it should be taken with a entire pot of salt, or people will be setting up for disappointment.

Even tough this is my first post here, i've been lurking for at least 3 months here, and K.Rool + Ridley are the only characters i want let, so we can complete the core characters of nintendo's main franchises...

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Sincerely, those new leaks sounds like bogus to me. Even tough the ones behind it are nice people, i've heard they have been wrong/got a faulty source before. I've read the discussion, and it IS all baseless speculation. They still cling to gematsu, even tough the guy probably works in publicity for the E3, and every other leaked character except the E3 ones are probably predictions or attention seeking by the source. Adding that to some random leaks only because they don't contradict itself, fans of the leaked characters going nuts and taking it as 100% legit info and you got that thread. It may be end up real, but it should be taken with a entire pot of salt, or people will be setting up for disappointment.

Even tough this is my first post here, i've been lurking for at least 3 months here, and K.Rool + Ridley are the only characters i want let, so we can complete the core characters of nintendo's main franchises...
Same here, at this point, just give me K Rool and Ridley, sure Ghirahim would be nice too, bbut only if both him and Ganondorf are in, otherwise Ganondorf is good enough.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Chunky is a Assist Trophy?

That's news to me because I don't him confirmed.

We're winding down to the final new character reveals and I been thinking that they are villains, King K Rool, Ghirahim and Ridley.

I had Isaac in there as well, but at this point I don't think we're getting Isaac for where Golden Sun seems to stand, oh well the Fire Emblem characters really made up for the lack of Golden Sun putting Robin and Lucina in.

It seems that trophy quiz is hinting new characters, two have been confirmed with Palutena being added as a new Kid Icarus character and again we got new FE characters, all I can say is we're probably getting a new Zelda character and a new Metroid character according to that.

Who knows maybe we'll get one last trophy quiz hinting one last wave of newcomers?
It hasn't been confirmed that Chunky is an assist trophy. It's just a rumor so far.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Same here, at this point, just give me K Rool and Ridley, sure Ghirahim would be nice too, bbut only if both him and Ganondorf are in, otherwise Ganondorf is good enough.
I'd be fine with just one or the other. I don't want to see both. I don't really care who the Zelda villain is as long as there is one and only one.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I think most of Ridley supporters support k rool and vice versa. At least from what I've noticed.
I don't even like Metroid but I support Ridley anyway, since his fans are going through the same heartbreak as us.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Umm,Ganondorf? I know your avatar is in the game so.. who?
I love Ganondorf and all, and Zelda is my #1 favorite Nintendo franchise (DK is my #2 and FE is my #3), but even I'd say K. Rool is Nintendo's #1 greatest villain. Ganondorf is #2 in my eyes, though. :D

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I love Ganondorf and all, and Zelda is my #1 favorite Nintendo franchise (DK is my #2 and FE is my #3), but even I'd say K. Rool is Nintendo's #1 greatest villain. Ganondorf is #2 in my eyes, though. :D
Ganondorf always gets his ass handed to him by a little kid.

Hyle "Slush" Russell

Smash Cadet
Well, to be fair, K. Rool's entire island and most of his race was wiped out by two little kids. Monkey kids.

The difference is that K. Rool bounces back relatively fast and with style. Ganondorf usually has to reincarnate and wait a few generations.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
My top 3 nintendo villains are
1. Bowser
2. King K. Rool
3. Ganondorf

As far as franchises go, Mario, DK, and Zelda are pretty much in that same order too, after that it's Metroid and then Star Fox.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My top 3 nintendo villains are
1. Bowser
2. King K. Rool
3. Ganondorf

As far as franchises go, Mario, DK, and Zelda are pretty much in that same order too, after that it's Metroid and then Star Fox.
Sorry, I just find Bowser to be way overrated. :p He's not as funny and hilarious as K. Rool, and not nearly as down right EVIL. Over the years, Bowser has just gotten really grating to me. Ganondorf, not so much, because they'd been focusing on him less in recent history. In fact, I miss both him and K. Rool, as neither has appeared in a game in a while (ignoring remakes).

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
A little kid who happens to be the hero of time and is the only kid - no, the only anything - to be able to defeat him
Yeah yeah, Link is already supposed to be a hero before he even does anything heroic because of some bs like he's "chosen" or something, blah blah blah. Destroying evil is sooooooo heroic when your victory has already been predetermined by fate.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Yeah yeah, Link is already supposed to be a hero before he even does anything heroic because of some bs like he's "chosen" or something, blah blah blah. Destroying evil is sooooooo heroic when your victory has already been predetermined by fate.
And that's why I don't like Skyward Sword. It basically says "Hey, you know that regular guy you play as who's only extrodinary character trait is tremendous courage? Well guess what? He doesn't make his own personal choices but is reincarnated to fulfill a set role, just like the antagonist whom we gave some character to years ago, but immediatly decided that wasn't a good idea. Now he's just evil because he's Hyrule's devil! Oooooohhh!!!"

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
On the topic of Ganondorf, I never understood why people used the relevancy argument against K. Rool when Ganondorf (The humanoid form and excluding remakes/re releases) has not appeared since 2006. K. Rool's last appearance was 2008. So technically K. Rool has appeared more recently than Ganondorf.

Weavel

Smash Ace
This isn't the thread for this, but Link has been killed by Ganondorf before leading to the decline. This is a very significant moment because it shows link can't always win.

But regardless he will just return and attempt to repeat the cycle which he succeeds in doing.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
On the topic of Ganondorf, I never understood why people used the relevancy argument against K. Rool when Ganondorf (The humanoid form and excluding remakes/re releases) has not appeared since 2006. K. Rool's last appearance was 2008. So technically K. Rool has appeared more recently than Ganondorf.
Because "he's a veteran, and because of that, he's a popular character."

Wait, what was that last bit again?

"popular character"

Hmm. . .

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The 'relevance' argument has a massive double standard when it comes to veterans.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
And that's why I don't like Skyward Sword. It basically says "Hey, you know that regular guy you play as who's only extrodinary character trait is tremendous courage? Well guess what? He doesn't make his own personal choices but is reincarnated to fulfill a set role, just like the antagonist whom we gave some character to years ago, but immediatly decided that wasn't a good idea. Now he's just evil because he's Hyrule's devil! Oooooohhh!!!"
Wow! And I thought I was the only one who thought like that! I'm glad I can meet a lot of people who think like me in this thread. :)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

"popular character"

Hmm. . .
Not to mention the fact he's the main antagonist of his series... oh, but that doesn't apply to King K. Rool because he's not a veteran and hasn't appeared in recent DK games!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I guess I'll just be over here, enjoying Zelda's story alone then *sniffs sadly*

But for me it's
1: K rool 1: Bowser 1: Ganon1: Ridley
I love Zelda games... but Zelda game stories are never all that great. Very few Zelda games have amazing stories. Some are decent, though. DK games tend to have almost no story, but I love K. Rool for his personality.

From the DKVine Facebook page, courtesy of Grunt Von Veisation.

I shared that on Facebook, its awesome. :D

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I love Zelda games... but Zelda game stories are never all that great. Very few Zelda games have amazing stories. Some are decent, though. DK games tend to have almost no story, but I love K. Rool for his personality.

I shared that on Facebook, its awesome. :D
I thought Link's Awakening's story was superb, but that's about it. Platformers like DK don't need stories.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I'm not sure if this has been posted here before, but I'll post it again just in case.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I wonder, has this picture been discussed already in this thread?

Came across this a few weeks ago. I'm taking it with a grain of salt though it looks pretty interesting. What are your guys' thoughts on this?

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Can I just say this is my favourite character support thread on Smashboards? Not just because K. Rool is my most wanted newcomer. But just how passionate everybody here is while still remaining reasonable and likable. There's no flame wars, massive debates, "my character is better than your character" pissing contests or stuff like that, save for the occasional ****ty troll . The people in the thread are passionate but not to the point of insanity or whatever. Even when things look bad for K. Rool there's still mostly reasonable discussion. Most other threads are filled with people taking shots at other users and arguing about how my character deserves to be in Smash Bros. way more than your character because reasons, if not just mindless ****posting coughRidleycough, and while that's definitely present in this thread as well (mostly in regards to Dixie) it seems like most posts of that sort are drowned out compared to all the people who are just here to show support for their favourite Kremling King. This thread definitely deserves to be the second most popular character thread on the site (at least until Shulk usurps that position).

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

"popular character"

Hmm. . .
You know, there's also characters like Ike to consider, as well. Ike's not anywhere near as iconic as Ganondorf is, and they could have easily cut him if they didn't think he was necessary. He's not that relevant nowadays.

Didn't stop them from bringing him back.

Top Bottom