• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I wouldn't put any stock in that "leak", even though it had some alt. colors that were identical to the ones in the demo. I consider it a coincidence.

The Kremling King (as well as Dixie) is safe from this, no matter what IMO.
The amazing thing about that leak for me is that it actually made me accept Bowser Jr as an option.
I was vehemently angered since 2006 whenever somone suggested him as a character, in large part because they often suggested the ridiculously horrid option of the paint brush. Yet by adding in the Clown Car, and giving him the Koopalings as alts, they then represent a much more substantial part of Mario, and add in actual new gameplay. Here we have flight, a multitude of new villains, Koopalings for Old reps and NEW reps, Bowser junior to represent the in between that era, and- I dont know, it actuallly makes me giddy to think of this mechanic.
It is honestly enough to make me think it is slightly plausible. Not that fans cannot have good ideas, of course they can, hell I thought of the Clown Car. But somehow not with the Koopalings; this makes it represent much more Mario, and it makes it better. It would now be up there with Captain Toad as the next Mario character I would want.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Is anyone else disappointed that DK is only on the cover of the Wii U version of Smash Bros. 4? Sure, it's gonna be the definitive version that more people will buy and it's a step up from him not being on the cover of Brawl at all, but I certainly don't see why Pit and Kirby deserve to be on the cover of both versions while DK doesn't, even though he's way more iconic and well-known than either of them.

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
DKC was my first SNES game and definitely made big impacts <3. DKC2/3 were awesome too. As was DK64 when it came out.

I just really want my DK needs pleased in Smash, it would be awesome to have both Dixie and K. Rool. Though if just one makes it in I'd be happy too. K. Rool would need to appear as more than a trophy though. :| Then again, having him playable would be the best, otherwise we'd (or at least I'd) never see him anyway since items are banned (in case of assist trophy) and if he's a stage hazard the stage would probably be banned too, and if he's a boss (if they still exist) then I'd play that a few times and it's done.

Btw, I just found this:

Last edited:

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
Because of the massive K. Rool campaign Nintendo has answered this:

"Hello,

Thanks for writing. We have been experiencing heavy email volumes and this has resulted in a delay our response. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We’re as excited as you for the next Super Smash Bros. games and which characters might be included. I’ll be sure to document your comments regarding K. Rool.

As you know, final character lineups for these new games haven’t yet been announced. I know this is hard to hear at this point, but these games aren’t scheduled for release until later this year, which means it may be a while before any new information is made available. However, once it is we’ll post the details to our website (http://www.smashbros.com/us/), so check back regularly!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc. Alvia Wilcox"

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Because of the massive K. Rool campaign Nintendo has answered this:

"Hello,

Thanks for writing. We have been experiencing heavy email volumes and this has resulted in a delay our response. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We’re as excited as you for the next Super Smash Bros. games and which characters might be included. I’ll be sure to document your comments regarding K. Rool.

As you know, final character lineups for these new games haven’t yet been announced. I know this is hard to hear at this point, but these games aren’t scheduled for release until later this year, which means it may be a while before any new information is made available. However, once it is we’ll post the details to our website (http://www.smashbros.com/us/), so check back regularly!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc. Alvia Wilcox"
I can't tell if this is a joke or not,...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can't tell if this is a joke or not,...
Something similar was posted a while back. Sounds like a copy-paste email. I doubt its a joke, though.

DKC was my first SNES game and definitely made big impacts <3. DKC2/3 were awesome too. As was DK64 when it came out.

I just really want my DK needs pleased in Smash, it would be awesome to have both Dixie and K. Rool. Though if just one makes it in I'd be happy too. K. Rool would need to appear as more than a trophy though. :| Then again, having him playable would be the best, otherwise we'd (or at least I'd) never see him anyway since items are banned (in case of assist trohpy) and if he's a stage hazard the stage would probably be banned too, and if he's a boss (if they still exist) then I'd play that a few times and it's done.

Btw, I just found this:
That freaks me out a bit...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No, it's not a joke, it's basically the same response I received as well. Granted, my guy went out of his way to say "As a fellow DK and Smash fan, I understand why you'd like to see K. Rool," but yeah, same basic thing about the final character line-up not being announced yet.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No, it's not a joke, it's basically the same response I received as well. Granted, my guy went out of his way to say "As a fellow DK and Smash fan, I understand why you'd like to see K. Rool," but yeah, same basic thing about the final character line-up not being announced yet.
So, does that count as progress?

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Hmm awesome, I'm gonna shoot Nintendo an email too. Just to make it heard that we want K. Rool back. Even if not in Smash, He should return to the DK series.

OPERATION KROCODILE!

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
guys what would you do if king k rool woke you up and said, "wake up silly, your mom and I are making pancakes"

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
guys what would you do if king k rool woke you up and said, "wake up silly, your mom and I are making pancakes"
"Where's Uncle KAOS? You told me he was going to take me to go fishing."

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
This all reminds me. K. Rool mentions his wife in DKC3. I'm almost afraid to ask, but what's Queen K. Rool like?
I'm pretty konfident his wife is yet another persona of K. Rool. He puts on a dress and wig and all that other stuff. Is K. Rool even aware that one of his personas took on a life of her own?

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Pretty kool that we've garnered at least a little attention from the big n

Edit: everyone knows that K Rool is a player; he's married to a krokodile model obviously.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Finshed the main story of Tropical Freeze and started collecting the relics, so I suppose I can give my thoughts now.

Absolutely fantastic. The visuals are great, the mechanics are great, the level design is great, and the David Wise music, HNNNNG it's so wonderful! My favorite part has to be when you reach DK Island and see all the locations from Returns frozen over (the giant bat encased in ice was particularly funny), nice hit of nostalgia there. Also this theme.

My only real complaints are the initial load times (which even skip a lot for some reason) and, of course, the missing Kremling Krew, but the Snowmads were cool (PUNS!) in there own right.

Last edited:

Hyle "Slush" Russell

Smash Cadet
I'd hope for the tail
Is anyone else disappointed that DK is only on the cover of the Wii U version of Smash Bros. 4? Sure, it's gonna be the definitive version that more people will buy and it's a step up from him not being on the cover of Brawl at all, but I certainly don't see why Pit and Kirby deserve to be on the cover of both versions while DK doesn't, even though he's way more iconic and well-known than either of them.
It's better than Melee or Brawl, where he was left off of the covers entirely. I agree though... Donkey Kong Country is the fourth biggest Nintendo franchise, yet it seems like it always get pushed aside in these things.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I'd hope for the tail

It's better than Melee or Brawl, where he was left off of the covers entirely. I agree though... Donkey Kong Country is the fourth biggest Nintendo franchise, yet it seems like it always get pushed aside in these things.

uhhh DK was on melees cover...

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You'll have to wait until Sakurai develops Donkey Kong's Superstar Uprising Air Ride Adventure to get dozens of Smash Run enemies, half a dozen new items, K. Rool with 12 unique weapon moves, a revamped Donkey Kong moveset, a differently-voiced Funky Kong clone/costume, all three of them (probably) designed as high-tier "strong" characters, at least two Assist Trophies, multiple modes and menus designed after DKSUARA, and a metric ****ton of facetime on the covers, in trailers, and on the website.

In other words, NeoGAF would implode due to the cognitive dissonance inherent in preaching both "Sakurai can add literally whatever he wants, it's his game" and anti-DKC propaganda.

Last edited:

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
You'll have to wait until Sakurai develops Donkey Kong's Superstar Uprising Air Ride Adventure to get dozens of Smash Run enemies, half a dozen new items, K. Rool with 12 unique weapon moves, a revamped Donkey Kong moveset, a differently-voiced Funky Kong clone/costume, at least two Assist Trophies, multiple modes and menus designed after DKSUARA, and a metric ****ton of facetime on the covers, in trailers, and on the website.

In other words, NeoGAF would implode due to the cognitive dissonance inherent in preaching both "Sakurai can add literally whatever he wants, it's his game" and anti-DKC propaganda.
is that why donkey kong carries around his levin sword?

JabbatheHutt

You'll have to wait until Sakurai develops Donkey Kong's Superstar Uprising Air Ride Adventure to get dozens of Smash Run enemies, half a dozen new items, K. Rool with 12 unique weapon moves, a revamped Donkey Kong moveset, a differently-voiced Funky Kong clone/costume, all three of them (probably) designed as high-tier "strong" characters, at least two Assist Trophies, multiple modes and menus designed after DKSUARA, and a metric ****ton of facetime on the covers, in trailers, and on the website.

the sad thing is thats true.

Sakurai says he doesn't do favoritism, yet he lies.

JabbatheHutt

I used to not be on that train, due to not adding any new Kirby character until Brawl, but this game is REALLY driving that point home with all the attention KI is getting.
KI honestly isn't a franchise worth THIS MUCH representation over something like DONKEY KONG.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
is that why donkey kong carries around his levin sword?
No. He carries his baseball bat!

I used to not be on that train, due to not adding any new Kirby character until Brawl, but this game is REALLY driving that point home with all the attention KI is getting.
Your avatar is really appropriate.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Let's look at the list of Smash Run enemies and observe these particular points of interest.

Kirby series
  • Waddle Dee
  • Parasol Dee
  • Gordo
  • Tac
  • Shotzo
  • Plasma Wisp
  • Bronto Burt
  • Bonkers
  • Waddle Doo
Kid Icarus series
  • Monoeye