• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sakurai dropped his humbleness around Brawl, I think.

Maybe we can start a "Sakurai for next DKC" as a side-quest to the Smash 4 campaign. :troll:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Your avatar is really appropriate.
I have gotta start keeping track of how many times I've been told that.

Though come to think of it, Uprising was developed by Sora as well, meaning the models/resources/etc. are all easily available. Still no excuse for it to have less than something like Mario, who's had plenty of 3DS games to get enemies from.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
the sad thing is thats true.

Sakurai says he doesn't do favoritism, yet he lies.
To be fair, for people who think I'm being 100% serious, I think a lot of the time, Sakurai subconsciously just grabs ideas from his games left and right as a matter of comfort, and some, like City Trial's spiritual successor, are legitimately good concepts. It's just when you get into the sheer magnitude of unnecessary content in comparison to other bigger series with just as good content to offer where the line gets crossed into the territory of favoritism.

Like, is it even a question that, if we got a Subspace Emissary sequel this game, Pit and Palutena would get the lion's share of the screentime by way of the plot being designed around them?

People try to paint the minority who point out possible instances of Sakurai favoritism as some lunatic fringe making baseless complaints, when in reality, I think their desire to see more content from other franchises, rather than arbitrarily those made by the guy who just happened to be chosen to direct Smash, is quite justified.

Maybe we can start a "Sakurai for next DKC" as a side-quest to the Smash 4 campaign. :troll:
This would be a hilarious side project. Considering how Sakurai actually does respond to mass fan movements on Twitter (the likes of which have thus far included OMG GET WELL SAKURAI!! OMG YOU CAN DO IT SAKURAI!! and OMG THANK YOU SAKURAI!!), this could actually get some legs.

Last edited:

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
KI honestly isn't a franchise worth THIS MUCH representation over something like DONKEY KONG.
dont worry, sakarui is going to announce a smash bros and donkey kong country tv show crossover, where he will reveal people like bluster kong
and donkey krock are assist trophies and people like
candy kong and king k rool are going to be items and newcomers.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Let's look at the list of Smash Run enemies and observe these particular points of interest.

Kirby series
  • Waddle Dee
  • Parasol Dee
  • Gordo
  • Tac
  • Shotzo
  • Plasma Wisp
  • Bronto Burt
  • Bonkers
  • Waddle Doo
Kid Icarus series
  • Monoeye
  • Skuttler
  • Mimicutie
  • Reaper
  • Boom Stomper
  • Bumpety Bomb
  • Daphne
  • Clubberskull
  • Flage
  • Lethinium
  • Mahva
  • Megonta
  • Nutski
  • Orne
  • Souflee
  • Zuree
Donkey Kong series
  • Kritter - Blue & Green
  • Tiki Buzz
I think Kirby is okay where it is. It is long running and consistent series, after all.

Kid Icarus is very overrepresented though. It seems to have more enemies than Mario.

Let that sink in.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I think Kirby is okay where it is. It is long running and consistent series, after all.

Kid Icarus is very overrepresented though. It seems to have more enemies than Mario.

Let that sink in.
The point is that DK isn't okay where it is.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The "he can just port models from Uprising" excuse is also flimsy, considering there's an entire library of other 3DS games from which enemies could be ported (like DKCR3DS, for starters).

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The "he can just port models from Uprising" excuse is also flimsy, considering there's an entire library of other 3DS games from which enemies could be ported (like DKCR3DS, for starters).
Well, to be fair, pretty much all the enemies in DKCR were just generic animals or boring walking drums.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Sakurai's one of my favorite game developers, but the ki representation is way over the top in my opinion. Now, if we get more dk characters, and some more metroid/Zelda enemies/characters it'll be a bit less ridiculous.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
To be fair, for people who think I'm being 100% serious, I think a lot of the time, Sakurai subconsciously just grabs ideas from his games left and right as a matter of comfort, and some, like City Trial's spiritual successor, are legitimately good concepts. It's just when you get into the sheer magnitude of unnecessary content in comparison to other bigger series with just as good content to offer where the line gets crossed into the territory of favoritism.

Like, is it even a question that, if we got a Subspace Emissary sequel this game, Pit and Palutena would get the lion's share of the screentime by way of the plot being designed around them?

People try to paint the minority who point out possible instances of Sakurai favoritism as some lunatic fringe making baseless complaints, when in reality, I think their desire to see more content from other franchises, rather than arbitrarily those made by the guy who just happened to be chosen to direct Smash, is quite justified.
But KI is oversaturated. I wanna see a Wario enemy

I mean really look at that list. lol.

Good thing tho is to make up for it, we could see the King :)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, to be fair, pretty much all the enemies in DKCR were just generic animals or boring walking drums.
Yeah, that was less oriented at DKCR3DS than just in general. . .although, I wonder, could Tropical Freeze's enemies have been ported down from the Wii U? I'd not mind seeing a Chum Chucker Charlie causing chaos (added alliterative appeal, heh) in the mix somewhere.

Last edited:

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
I support! King K. Rool has been my most wanted newcomer for months now, and I'm pretty konfident that he will be playable.

Last edited:

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
IMHO, if the supposed arcade edition made by BN delivers, Sakurai should step down from the next installment altogether and let them have a shot at the next game.
Even tought he created the series, since Brawl he is making some very questionable roster/gameplay/balancing choices, fails to deliver on the marketing and hype building, essencial for a fanservice game; the franchises he likes get special treatment, while part of the fanbase that likes other franchises are alienated, etc...

JabbatheHutt

IMHO, if the supposed arcade edition made by BN delivers, Sakurai should step down from the next installment altogether and let them have a shot at the next game.
Even tought he created the series, since Brawl he is making some very questionable roster/gameplay/balancing choices, fails to deliver on the marketing and hype building, essencial for a fanservice game; the franchises he likes get special treatment, while part of the fanbase that likes other franchises are alienated, etc...
the fact Wario wasn't in Melee in favor or FOUR, count them FOUR clones, was a strong indication of his questionable deceptions.

If K Rool isn't in this game, he will look REALLY bad

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
the fact Wario wasn't in Melee in favor or FOUR, count them FOUR clones, was a strong indication of his questionable deceptions.

Uh, the reason why there were four clones in melee is that they ran out of time, they had the choice to make four clones, or one fleshed out character.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"You're complaining about the roster?! How DARE you, you entitled, ungrateful bit of scum. . ."

*spends seven years incessantly bashing the gameplay*

Sad to say, pretty much the biggest snub of every Smash game has been a villain. . .first Bowser, then (arguably) Wario, then Ridley. Fingers crossed K. Rool doesn't get the dubious distinction of following in that lineage, and instead becomes the next new superheavyweight, following DK, Bowser, and Dedede.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
"You're complaining about the roster?! How DARE you, you entitled, ungrateful bit of scum. . ."

Sad to say, pretty much the biggest snub of every Smash game has been a villain. . .first Bowser, then (arguably) Wario, then Ridley. Fingers crossed K. Rool doesn't get the dubious distinction of following in that lineage, and instead becomes the next new superheavyweight, following DK, Bowser, and Dedede.
This^^
I'm tired of the villains getting shafted.

And I wouldn't go so far as to say "sakurai sucks!" Or "he's incompetent!" But I will be extremely disappointed upon either Ridley or k Rools deconfirmation.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
All I can say is that it's really going to bother me if we get Mega Man, Little Mac, and arguably Palutena, but not the three absolute most popular choices, those being K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo. That would be like if Brawl didn't have Wario, Dedede, or Diddy Kong.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

I really hope, its just ridiculously frustrating how much KI love is getting. i dunno, to make u pfor all of this will be the king

Briokinho

Smash Cadet

There's that, i mean, Melee and Brawl are still great games, but far from perfect and both could've been much more..
This^^
I'm tired of the villains getting shafted.

And I wouldn't go so far as to say "sakurai sucks!" Or "he's incompetent!" But I will be extremely disappointed upon either riey or k Rools deconfirmation.
It's not that he is incompetent, but more like Brawl and Melee could've been much better games but were held back by questionable choices. It is a fanservice game, and IMO its absurd it may take more than 4 installments to get the core nintendo characters ( K.Rool, Dixie and Ridley are the only ones left ), just because they keep getting replaced by flavor of the month characters. And that is just on the roster side, there are glaring gameplay and design flaws too...

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Another thing I hear is that K. Rool just isn't popular enough outside of Smash Bros. Not only does that particular argument basically fall flat due to characters like Captain Falcon, but if he wasn't popular, why would there be such an outcry when Returns and Tropical Freeze didn't feature the Kremling Krew?

Last edited:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace

Wario was considered for a Mario clone but Sakurai felt he deserved better. It was either six clones or one original character, and Sakurai figured beefing up the roster was worth cutting Dedede from the game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

That wasn't a questionable choice, it was a justified choice. He put Dr. Mario in instead of Wario because he wanted Wario to have a more original moveset. Ganondorf, on the other hand, was a questionable pick, but keep in mind, Ganondorf was the last one added. He only added Ganondorf as a clone because by that point he already had a clone of Mario (Dr. Mario) and couldn't think of any other character to make a clone, so he chose Ganondorf due to the similar build and Ganondorf's popularity.

Making six clones vs. one original character was a good choice. And the fact is, it was going to be Dedede who was the original character, not Wario.

Now, in this game, there is NO reason to ignore K. Rool.

Another thing I hear is that K. Rool just isn't popular enough outside of Smash Bros. Not only does that particular argument basically fall flat due to characters like Captain Falcon, but if he wasn't popular, why would there be such an outcry when Returns and Tropical Freeze didn't feature the Kremling Krew?
BS. K. Rool is extremely popular and everyone bemoaned the fact that K. Rool wasn't added to either Returns or TF.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

It was either the last minute clones (Falco, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Ganondorf, Roy and Young Link) or Dedede according to Sakurai, Wario was briefly considered as filling the Mario clone role as a heavy-weight Mario, but Sakurai felt he deserved better. I'm personally thankful since it'd mean Wario would be in Ganondorf's position today. Now why he wasn't included over Sheik, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Ice Climbers or even Peach I dunno.

I feel like Ridley and K. Rool should have been in, but at this point I doubt we're going to see both. It's cool he's fixing the lack of female representation, but villains are as always getting the short end of the stick again, I personally felt that the lack of villains was always the bigger problem with Brawl's roster, so it's very frustrating to see that not only aren't we getting many (if any) villain newcomers, but there's basically only one confirmed villain thus far at all.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
So I reached the final boss of TF last night, and DANG is he a step up from Tiki Tong! Still haven't beat him yet. The homage to K. Rool is beyond obvious though.
I LOVE that game. Frederik is tough the first time around, as there are a fair bit of unpredictable maneuvers he does. I feel proud of myself though, as this week I beat the game on hard mode - which means I only have 1 heart per level, and can't use items or checkpoints. The bosses - Frederik especially - were tough to beat without getting hit.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I LOVE that game. Frederik is tough the first time around, as there are a fair bit of unpredictable maneuvers he does. I feel proud of myself though, as this week I beat the game on hard mode - which means I only have 1 heart per level, and can't use items or checkpoints. The bosses - Frederik especially - were tough to beat without getting hit.
Yeah, Frederick is especially hard to beat without getting hit but even MORE so when you're using DONKEY KONG who I used to beat him with in hard mode! I kid you not! Took me like 100+ tries but I did it!

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

I kinda got things a little off track, lets go back to praising the ever loving crap outta the King, He freaking deserves it :)

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
King K. Rool would be amazing! I'd love it if he were added! Original move-set potential, character appeal, addition to a series that needs more representatives, etc. You've got my approval!

I also think he's got a very good chance, too. Kremlings in Smash Run? That's a huge boost! Not only that, but he'd definitely be a great contribution to the villains department.

K. Rool for Smash! Add me as a supporter, or a Kutthroat, please! :b:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Let's look at the list of Smash Run enemies and observe these particular points of interest.

Kirby series
  • Waddle Dee
  • Parasol Dee
  • Gordo
  • Tac
  • Shotzo
  • Plasma Wisp
  • Bronto Burt
  • Bonkers
  • Waddle Doo
Kid Icarus series
  • Monoeye
  • Skuttler
  • Mimicutie
  • Reaper
  • Boom Stomper
  • Bumpety Bomb
  • Daphne
  • Clubberskull
  • Flage
  • Lethinium
  • Mahva
  • Megonta
  • Nutski
  • Orne
  • Souflee
  • Zuree
Donkey Kong series
  • Kritter - Blue & Green
  • Tiki Buzz
Yeah, Kid Icarus does seem to be overrepresented there in the enemy department. I find it wierd that there are more KI enemies than Mario enemies. I think they should add the Gnawties, Neckies, and the Zingers for more DK enemy representation.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
Donkey Kong deserves another rep, be it Dixie or K Rool (my preference is obvious, but both characters are high on my list). K Rool has always been an awesome villain and he has an amazing potential for a diverse moveset. Smash needs more villains and more viable heavy characters.

JabbatheHutt

I JUST WROTE A SONG AND RECORDED IT FOR YOU GUYS.
Its compressing now for youtube, will be up shortly.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375

If at least ONE of these reptiles make it into the game, l will be content with the roster for Smash 4. I will praise Sakurai and his shirts forever.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

JABBA SINGS: WHERE ARE YOU K ROOL?
@ BKupa666 BKupa666

Lyrics by: Jabba
Sung by: Jabba
Based on Faith Hill's Where Are You Christmas

Lyrics:

(Jabba noises)

Where are you K Rool
Why can't I find you
Why have you not been announced
Where is your laughter
Your kickass throne room
Why arent you a poic of the dayy

Our world is changing
Smashbords is raging
Does that mean the roster changes too?

Where are you K ROol
We need you now
I can't what any longer
I want the doctor
I want the pirate
I want that crystal coconut in hand now.

K Rool is here
Everywhere, oh
K Rool is here
If you care, oh

If there is croc in your heart and your mind
You will feel like K Rool all the time

Where are you K Rool
Why can't I find you
Why haven't you been announced?

I need more more stages
goddamn it sakurai
I need gangplank galleon now!

The earth is Turning
Sakurai is Burning
off the calories to get us K Rool
Now
Now
Now

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
@ BKupa666 BKupa666

Lyrics:

(Jabba noises)

Where are you K Rool
Why can't I find you
Where is your laughter
Your kickass throne room

Our world is changing
Smashbords is raging

Where are you K ROol
We need you now
I can't what any longer
I want the doctor
I want the pirate

K Rool is here
Everywhere, oh
K Rool is here
If you care, oh

Where are you K Rool
Why can't I find you

I need more more stages
goddamn it sakurai

The earth is Turning
Sakurai is Burning
Now
Now
Now
Excellent pronunciation of Galactic Basic for a hutt.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
@ BKupa666 BKupa666

Lyrics:

(Jabba noises)

Where are you K Rool
Why can't I find you
Where is your laughter
Your kickass throne room

Our world is changing
Smashbords is raging

Where are you K ROol
We need you now
I can't what any longer
I want the doctor
I want the pirate

K Rool is here
Everywhere, oh
K Rool is here
If you care, oh

Where are you K Rool
Why can't I find you

I need more more stages
goddamn it sakurai

The earth is Turning
Sakurai is Burning
Now
Now
Now

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
@ BKupa666 BKupa666

Lyrics:

(Jabba noises)

Where are you K Rool
Why can't I find you
Where is your laughter
Your kickass throne room

Our world is changing
Smashbords is raging

Where are you K ROol
We need you now
I can't what any longer
I want the doctor
I want the pirate

K Rool is here
Everywhere, oh
K Rool is here
If you care, oh

Where are you K Rool
Why can't I find you

I need more more stages
goddamn it sakurai

The earth is Turning
Sakurai is Burning
Now
Now
Now
Not gonna lie. I cried.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I agree. Beating the game on Hard Mode was definitely an endeavor, especially the fights with Lord Frederik and Fugu (ugh, fighting Fugu without getting hit was a NIGHTMARE). However, I don't know if I can really call it an accomplishment because I just used Dixie the entire time, AKA Hax Mode.

The game is definitely a classic, though. In my (possibly controversial) opinion, Tropical Freeze is the best game in the series since DKC2, even with the lack of K. Rool.

Top Bottom