• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wonder, has this picture been discussed already in this thread?

Came across this a few weeks ago. I'm taking it with a grain of salt though it looks pretty interesting. What are your guys' thoughts on this?
Sorry, that's been dead for months. Too bad, that redesign would've been pretty great.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

Came across this a few weeks ago. I'm taking it with a grain of salt though it looks pretty interesting. What are your guys' thoughts on this?
K. Rool's image looks kinda off when compared to Rosalina's. Also the names of Rosalina's moves are wrong. It's a well-done fake.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord

Fake. This leak was posted moooonths ago. If I remember correctly, the King K. Rool is stolen fanart.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d + :4sheik:'d

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
You know what I wonder? I wonder if King K. Gets in will he have a tail or no tail?..... It seems 50/50 in his depictions for example the old Rare K.Rool deffinetly had a tail but Nintendos current depiction has him tailless. I wonder which we will (hopefully) get.

SuperWiiFitTrainer64

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrianYauger
3DS FC
2251-5824-0397
I've been meaning to do this for a while now. Actually since I signed up. K. Rool is my sekond most wanted kharacter (after Mewtwo) and my most wanted newkomer. All hail the Kroc King!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Sorry, I just find Bowser to be way overrated. :p He's not as funny and hilarious as K. Rool, and not nearly as down right EVIL. Over the years, Bowser has just gotten really grating to me. Ganondorf, not so much, because they'd been focusing on him less in recent history. In fact, I miss both him and K. Rool, as neither has appeared in a game in a while (ignoring remakes).
I mainly like Bowser from the n64 and early gamecube days, think super mario 64 and paper mario, now he was really evil there, he even defeated mario for the first time. I thought he was prwtty funny in the super mario bros. supershow though and the other cartoons that came after related to it. But yeah, they should use K. Rool and Ganon more often again too.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I mainly like Bowser from the n64 and early gamecube days, think super mario 64 and paper mario, now he was really evil there, he even defeated mario for the first time. I thought he was prwtty funny in the super mario bros. supershow though and the other cartoons that came after related to it. But yeah, they should use K. Rool and Ganon more often again too.
The most intimidated I've ever been playing a video game was the first time my mum and I versed Bowser in 64 (I was like 6 or 7). I just remember Mario landing on the stage and the camera panning out to Bowser's enormous legs to give you an indication of his size, with that heavy percussion beat in the background. That's always stuck with me so even now I still think he's a badass despite the fact he's been used more for comic relief recently. It's moments like that why people think he's such a good villain.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sorry, I just find Bowser to be way overrated. :p He's not as funny and hilarious as K. Rool, and not nearly as down right EVIL. Over the years, Bowser has just gotten really grating to me. Ganondorf, not so much, because they'd been focusing on him less in recent history. In fact, I miss both him and K. Rool, as neither has appeared in a game in a while (ignoring remakes).
If you want to love Bowser, you should play Bowser's Inside Story. :p

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
The most intimidated I've ever been playing a video game was the first time my mum and I versed Bowser in 64 (I was like 6 or 7). I just remember Mario landing on the stage and the camera panning out to Bowser's enormous legs to give you an indication of his size, with that heavy percussion beat in the background. That's always stuck with me so even now I still think he's a badass despite the fact he's been used more for comic relief recently. It's moments like that why people think he's such a good villain.
Exactly
If you want to love Bowser, you should play Bowser's Inside Story. :p
That one's my favorite of the mario and luigi games, you actually get to play as bowser in a mario story adventure and yeah, he defintley shows more character in that one, love his dialogue voice as well.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I just read through this entire thread. Im 200% glad Im in the Kuthroats. SO much passion and loyalty to this guy.

MUCH more than ANY over support thread on here. BAR NONE.

everyones so respectful.

Most people in America want Ridley, but I wanna argue something:

K Rool is more than a villain. More than DK's long forgotten arch enemy.

He's our childhood. Our history.

He means more to nintendo then a lot of the characters already in the roster.

If he's not included, especially over someone like Lucina or Robin, this is more than a misstep by sakurai.

Hes not stupid, he knows K Rool is in demand.

At the very least, the King will be back in this game in some way, shape, or form. NOT just a trophy,

the King IS coming back. ANd retros third DK game WILL have him in it. This break from K rool is a blessing in disguise.

He leaves for a decade, comes back and he's the king of the world. look at the koopalings!

They were absent for 15 years, then made a huge huge comeback. K Rool will be no different.

In fact on top of smash, he may be mario kart DLC to back peddle off the smash 4 release.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just read through this entire thread. Im 200% glad Im in the Kuthroats. SO much passion and loyalty to this guy.

MUCH more than ANY over support thread on here. BAR NONE.

everyones so respectful.

Most people in America want Ridley, but I wanna argue something:

K Rool is more than a villain. More than DK's long forgotten arch enemy.

He's our childhood. Our history.

He means more to nintendo then a lot of the characters already in the roster.

If he's not included, especially over someone like Lucina or Robin, this is more than a misstep by sakurai.

Hes not stupid, he knows K Rool is in demand.

At the very least, the King will be back in this game in some way, shape, or form. NOT just a trophy,

the King IS coming back. ANd retros third DK game WILL have him in it. This break from K rool is a blessing in disguise.

He leaves for a decade, comes back and he's the king of the world. look at the koopalings!

They were absent for 15 years, then made a huge huge comeback. K Rool will be no different.

In fact on top of smash, he may be mario kart DLC to back peddle off the smash 4 release.
I agree, I think its very likely we might get a few DK characters, including K. Rool as DLC. (If it turns out that the Diddy Kong Racing 2 rumor is true, I'd imagine the DK-based DLC for MK8 may be inspired by DKR2 as a cross-promotion.) And of course K. Rool will be back in a future game.

And at that rate Sakurai might as well make K. Rool playable! :D

EDIT: As for Ridley, I think Ridley IS the most wanted character in the west. But K. Rool is the most wanted character worldwide, because K. Rool is very popular in Japan as well.

Last edited:

Giveaway412

Smash Cadet

I see you boyz is already pirate-y enuff and since you is all green like da orkz I suppose you is alright
I'm Kaptin' Bluddflag, da best orky pirate dere is
And I'm here to help youz get dose monkey gitz wiff my fancy bitz and teknolojee
Add me to da krew

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Do you guys think we'll get any Smash Bros. news alongside the Hyrule Warriors direct? Do you think we'll see a new veteran, a newcomer, both, or nothing at all?

Staarih

Smash Master
Do you guys think we'll get any Smash Bros. news alongside the Hyrule Warriors direct? Do you think we'll see a new veteran, a newcomer, both, or nothing at all?
My vote is nothing at all. Giving us Smash news would kind of defeat the purpose of promoting Hyrule Warriors in its own Direct. I'd be positively surprised if we did get anything though.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we get ANY news alongside Hyrule Warriors, it'd be Ganondorf announced as a veteran on the Dojo as a cross-promotion. We won't get any news whatsoever about Smash Bros. in the Hyrule Warriors Direct, though.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
My vote is nothing at all. Giving us Smash news would kind of defeat the purpose of promoting Hyrule Warriors in its own Direct. I'd be positively surprised though if we did get anything though.
Yeah that's true, but if they're gonna confirm Ganondorf, on Monday I say it will be now or never.
If we get ANY news alongside Hyrule Warriors, it'd be Ganondorf announced as a veteran on the Dojo as a cross-promotion. We won't get any news whatsoever about Smash Bros. in the Hyrule Warriors Direct, though.
I hope that they reveal Ganondorf in Hyrule Warriors and show off how awesome he is and at the end as a little side note they'd show a pic of him in Smash Bros. and say to check him out on the Smash Bros. website. That would be best case scenario for me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah that's true, but if they're gonna confirm Ganondorf, on Monday I say it will be now or never.

I hope that they reveal Ganondorf in Hyrule Warriors and show off how awesome he is and at the end as a little side note they'd show a pic of him in Smash Bros. and say to check him out on the Smash Bros. website. That would be best case scenario for me.
Now or never for what? Frankly, I think Ganondorf is more likely to be announced on Tuesday at this point, the Hyrule Warriors Direct will be airing LATE Monday. Ganondorf would probably be announced on Tuesday, assuming there isn't another Direct later in the week.

Either way, there won't be any info on K. Rool from the Hyrule Warriors Direct, so I don't see why it matters much.

EDIT: In fact, if Ganondorf isn't announced next week, I will 100% believe we ARE getting a Villains Trailer later in the month.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My main point was in smash 4's villain deficiency; which is quite frankly; appalling. At any rate, there aren't any good reasons not to include k rool in my eyes, he really should be in the roster, if at least to add more villainy.
Brawl had a serious female deficiency and it only added Zero Suit Samus. SSB4 fixed this with female Villagers, female Wii Fit Trainer, female Miis, female Robin, Rosalina, Palutena, and Lucina.

I think that SSB5 might fix the villain deficiency...

As for SSB4... if the latest leaks are genuine... maybe we might get Ridley, Koopaling Clown Car, and Duck Hunt Dog to go with Villager as the villains.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Brawl had a serious female deficiency and it only added Zero Suit Samus. SSB4 fixed this with female Villagers, female Wii Fit Trainer, female Miis, female Robin, Rosalina, Palutena, and Lucina.

As for SSB4... if the latest leaks are genuine... maybe we might get Ridley, Koopaling Clown Car, and Duck Hunt Dog to go with Villager as the villains.
No! No! No! Bowser Jr. not having recolor alts will never happen. I'm sorry, it just won't.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

Duck hunt dog and the Koopalings are hardly notable villains compared to k rool; and frankly would do little to help smash 4 in my eyes.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wouldn't put any stock in that "leak", even though it had some alt. colors that were identical to the ones in the demo. I consider it a coincidence.

The Kremling King (as well as Dixie) is safe from this, no matter what IMO.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I wouldn't put any stock in that "leak", even though it had some alt. colors that were identical to the ones in the demo. I consider it a coincidence.

The Kremling King (as well as Dixie) is safe from this, no matter what IMO.
Absolutely. Now let's get back to the gloriousness of our king; the king Kroc.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Absolutely. Now let's get back to the gloriousness of our king; the king Kroc.
I'm probably the eleventeenth-billion person to post this here, but...One of us.

I haven't been here for a while, though.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Playing through Tropical Freeze again makes me really want Dixie too. If Fire Emblem can get two newcomers, I don't see why DK can't. Sakurai can't be that biased... c-can he?

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Lucina is a clone and was originally intended to be an alternate costume. She got in because she took almost no effort to implement. There's no difference between her getting in as an alt costume and her getting in as a near-identical clone, and yet for some reason people get infinitely more worked up over one than the other because of the arbitrary amount of "character slots" that the game apparently has.

If tehre was a Donkey Kong character that could easily be cloned from DK or Diddy, then I'm sure they would add them. But there are none, or at least none that are particularly notable in the first place like Lucina was.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
So many dream matches you can have with K. Rool if he makes it in ssb4.

Trouble Kings: King K. Rool vs Bowser vs King Dedede vs Ganondorf

Revenge is sweet: King K. Rool vs Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong

Reptile rumble: King K. Rool vs Bowser vs Charizard vs Yoshi

Pirates of the battle arena: Kaptain K. Rool vs Ridley

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So I reached the final boss of TF last night, and DANG is he a step up from Tiki Tong! Still haven't beat him yet. The homage to K. Rool is beyond obvious though.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
So many dream matches you can have with K. Rool if he makes it in ssb4.

Trouble Kings: King K. Rool vs Bowser vs King Dedede vs Ganondorf

Revenge is sweet: King K. Rool vs Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong

Reptile rumble: King K. Rool vs Bowser vs Charizard vs Yoshi

Pirates of the battle arena: Kaptain K. Rool vs Ridley
This. If Ridley and k rool get in we get the battle of nintendo's greatest villains. Good Lord I want that to happen so bad.

Ridley vs K Rool vs Bowser vs. Ganondorf!

Top Bottom