• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Best let the memories flow back, it's a popular subject in this thread.

Recently, I've been hoping we see more Kremlings other than Kritters as Smash Run enemies. There's tons of potential for many of them. I'd love see a variation of Klobber disguised as a treasure chest, or a Kloak who throws minor enemies, but occasionally powerups at you.
I'd love to see Army Dillo, Dogadon, or Mad Jack as bosses. I hope that the large kremling boss is that big kremling with the club that you fight in the swamp in DKC2 since he's the only kremling boss that's been in a DK game other than K. Rool.

EDIT: Kudgel is his name. This is him:

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
We haven't gotten a villain reveal yet. I'm in

Never gets old.

Best let the memories flow back, it's a popular subject in this thread.

Recently, I've been hoping we see more Kremlings other than Kritters as Smash Run enemies. There's tons of potential for many of them. I'd love see a variation of Klobber disguised as a treasure chest, or a Kloak who throws minor enemies, but occasionally powerups at you.

Knocka

Acts similarly to Piplup in that it sweeps opponents off the stage. It can be attacked, then picked up and thrown.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Guys I think I need the support of my fellow Kutthroats.

I have been reading too much about leaks in the leaker group and it is getting me down. People are just assuming K Rool won't make it based on nothing but leaks that are incomplete or possibly untrue. And even though the leaks don't mention Ridley, lots of people somehow think he is 100% locked in anyways.

Its too much for me to handle.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
no im pretty sure shes light weight
She is. Sakurai even pointed it out in a MIiverse post.

Given how I dislike the character, and Bowser appears to be much better, I look forward to the Koopa King getting his revenge. Then hopefully going on to face K. Rool in a reptile villain faceoff for the ages.

I actually like the idea of Bowser and K. Rool not liking each other. I can totally see K. Rool thinking of Bowser as nothing more than a dumb oaf, while Bowser's massive ego won't allow anyone to take his place as top villain.

Last edited:

Mistress Nicole

Smash Apprentice

I have been reading too much about leaks in the leaker group and it is getting me down. People are just assuming K Rool won't make it based on nothing but leaks that are incomplete or possibly untrue. And even though the leaks don't mention Ridley, lots of people somehow think he is 100% locked in anyways.

Don't let some rumors and opinions get you down, Sakurai is unpredictable. Nobody should be able to guess the roster until a full version of the game is released. Take all rumors with less then a grain of salt.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

I'm having a similar problem. But it's kool, turn on one of us and prepare for reinforcements.When you hear that something is true enough times, you start to believe it. But remember, the leaks have 0 evidence, and assume Dixie Kong is in instead of k rool. So try your best to avoid the leaks for now, they're just baseless pessimism at this point!

Stay klassy my fellow kutthroat.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys. Going to try and do my best to stay positive through the sea of negativity.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
She is. Sakurai even pointed it out in a MIiverse post.

Given how I dislike the character, and Bowser appears to be much better, I look forward to the Koopa King getting his revenge. Then hopefully going on to face his K. Rool in a reptile villain faceoff for the ages.

I actually like the idea of Bowser and K. Rool not liking each other. I can totally see K. Rool thinking of Bowser as nothing more than a dumb oaf, while Bowser's massive ego won't allow anyone to take his place as top villain.
Someone mentioned a while ago on here about them doing a Mario and DK game crossover where Bowser decides to take over DK Island because he's decided if can't defeat Mario then perhaps he can try taking on the next big thing, DK. Unfortantley K. Rool is'nt pleased with that being how he thinks there should only be one reptile villain so they make a deal to see who can defeat both Mario and DK first, both fail unfortantley and then take their frustrations out on eachother. Or better yet, you can choose to play as either K. Rool or Bowser and take on the adventure to beat Mario and the Kongs(though that'd be very unlikely to happen) while having one of them be the main villain of the game(play as K. Rool, Bowser's the final boss or vice versa).

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
You've forgoten that there is the possibility that Chunky Kong A.T. is in the game, some days ago the same guy that told us that posted a huge text explaining how the trophy with Chunky worked, I do believe in him! That would confirm K. Rool I guess :D

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Thanks guys. Going to try and do my best to stay positive through the sea of negativity.
It's tough; I've been following the leak group closely, but I realized every thing was baseless speculation, even from the compiler himself. People are assuming x and y, making it tough to stay positive. Fortunately the kutthroats are a badass krew, so it's always kool over here.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, BKupa's post from 1-2 pages back sums up the DK situation nicely. Even if K. Rool ISN'T playable (I doubt it), Sakurai has already established that the Kremlings ARE DK's main antagonists, not the Tikis, and not anything else, and that will help to influence other DK games developed in the future. The Kutthroats have basically already won. Now we just need for K. Rool to come back and and be playable and we're all set!

Oh, and I support the idea of a DK/Mario crossover with K. Rool and Bowser competing to see whose the better villain. That'd be epic!

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I'd love to see Army Dillo, Dogadon, or Mad Jack as bosses. I hope that the large kremling boss is that big kremling with the club that you fight in the swamp in DKC2 since he's the only kremling boss that's been in a DK game other than K. Rool.

EDIT: Kudgel is his name. This is him:
Everytime I see him all I can imagine is the yells he makes in the GBA version, RAAAAAAAAAAAAA, and his death scream, AHHHHHHHHHHH

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I swear that I already had an account here, but I guess not. I've been lurking this forum for about 10 years, and I've been supporting King K. Rool since the Melee era. I literally made an account just so I could post in this thread and pledge my eternal allegiance to the Kremling Kutthroats. He will be in the game. Believe in Sakurai, believe in Namco, and most importantly of all, believe in our reptilian overlord. Don't let the fake leaks put you into a negative mindset. The only leak we should be paying any attention to is Lockjaw's Locker. K. Rool should repair his ship before it sets sail once again this holiday season.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I swear that I already had an account here, but I guess not. I've been lurking this forum for about 10 years, and I've been supporting King K. Rool since the Melee era. I literally made an account just so I could post in this thread and pledge my eternal allegiance to the Kremling Kutthroats. He will be in the game. Believe in Sakurai, believe in Namco, and most importantly of all, believe in our reptilian overlord. Don't let the fake leaks put you into a negative mindset. The only leak we should be paying any attention to is Lockjaw's Locker. K. Rool should repair his ship before it sets sail once again this holiday season.
I've wanted k rool a long time as well. Since I first played dk64, I've known, k rool should be in smash.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, BKupa's post from 1-2 pages back sums up the DK situation nicely. Even if K. Rool ISN'T playable (I doubt it), Sakurai has already established that the Kremlings ARE DK's main antagonists, not the Tikis, and not anything else, and that will help to influence other DK games developed in the future. The Kutthroats have basically already won. Now we just need for K. Rool to come back and and be playable and we're all set!

Oh, and I support the idea of a DK/Mario crossover with K. Rool and Bowser competing to see whose the better villain. That'd be epic!
Yea, this actually makes me really happy. Even if all Smash 4 does for K Rool is springboard him back into the main DK games I will be beyond happy.

Though, DKC 2 is my favorite game of all time so I guess I am biased.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Well then , if you've been here for this long you should know the drill
Edit: I feel like I'm the only one doing these nowadays

Last edited:

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe I get to do this!!!

EDIT: Greninja'd - so you get a double welcome.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
As always, welkome, kutthroat!
Edit: Aarrr, I've been duped! Twice! Triple welkome kutthroat!

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I'm feeling pretty konfident in K. Rool's chances for his inclusion. With the Kremlings in Smash Run, Chunky being an AT, and the lack of DK material in the game so far, I don't anything that goes against K. Rool. The hype levels will be off the charts when he gets revealed.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Bowser is a "good guy" in multiple games. DDD hasn't been villainous in half of the Kirby games and wolf actually helps fox sometimes; he's more of a rival, not a villain. Wario hasn't been a villain in forever.

Without k rool AND Ridley, even counting all of those characters, the game will feature 5 villains. 5.
There's a difference between doing a good deed because it's the right thing to do and doing a good deed for personal gain. Anytime Wario or Bowser have done anything "good" it was for personal gain money, power, etc. That's not being good. Bowser saved Mario in one of the sports games so he destroy him himself, that's not a heroic act. Wario saved those people in Warioland shake it cause he wanted the gold pouch for himself, greed is evil. Wolf has tried to kill fox on multiple occasions that goes beyond rivalry. They're villains.

Most Nintendo villains fall under the Disney villain effect where they are evil in a light hearted way as so not to be scary. However at the end of the day they're still bad guys. K.Rool and Ridley are exceptions they've never helped an enemy for personal gain. They've only tried to destroy, thus I would easily put them on a level above the rest however Bowser, Wolf, Wario, Ganon, are no less villianus as they have tried to kill their enemies multiple times

Edit: if you'd like to talk about Nintendo villains and their villainous ways we could in a PM as to not take the thread off topic :D I would t mind!

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Most Nintendo villains fall under the Disney villain effect where they are evil in a light hearted way as so not to be scary. However at the end of the day they're still bad guys. K.Rool and Ridley are exceptions they've never helped an enemy for personal gain. They've only tried to destroy, thus I would easily put them on a level above the rest however Bowser, Wolf, Wario, Ganon, are no less villianus as they have tried to kill their enemies multiple times
Not true. I've heard K. Rool is a rather big fan of baseball.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
He's even on DK's team, though he makes it clear it's only for baseball. I like to think he's also waiting for the chance to 'accidentally' peg DK in the head with a pitch.
Well, the statement IS accurate. K. Rool has never canonically teamed up with DK, like, ever. Mario Super Sluggers is literally the only exception.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
There's a difference between doing a good deed because it's the right thing to do and doing a good deed for personal gain. Anytime Wario or Bowser have done anything "good" it was for personal gain money, power, etc. That's not being good. Bowser saved Mario in one of the sports games so he destroy him himself, that's not a heroic act. Wario saved those people in Warioland shake it cause he wanted the gold pouch for himself, greed is evil. Wolf has tried to kill fox on multiple occasions that goes beyond rivalry. They're villains.

Edit: if you'd like to talk about Nintendo villains and their villainous ways we could in a PM as to not take the thread off topic :D I would t mind!
My main point was in smash 4's villain deficiency; which is quite frankly; appalling. At any rate, there aren't any good reasons not to include k rool in my eyes, he really should be in the roster, if at least to add more villainy.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
My main point was in smash 4's villain deficiency; which is quite frankly; appalling. At any rate, there aren't any good reasons not to include k rool in my eyes, he really should be in the roster, if at least to add more villainy.
I agree 100% obviously I'm a kutthroat lol. Sm4sh does need more villains K.Rool and Ridley are 2 BIG name villains in terms of Nintendo they deserve to playable alongside the ones in the game now.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I prefer K. Rool's "I'm one of you!"

Wish I could find the original post, but its probably about 50 posts back or so. Luckily, I already saved it... :D

Weeeeeelllll, Listen here, while we make it clear!
We're so glad you're finally here!
A crocodile, a banana stealer,
You're K. Rool, a real death dealer
Looking at your jawwwwws,
you could be one of our big draws!
Cause you're one of us! One of us!
Your A-moves and final smash!
Can't you see you're one of us?
A newcomer! To our clash!
Arm to arm, together we smash!

Weeellll, since what you said is trueeee....
Then I'm a smash brother, with alt colors and a similar view...
With these B moooovess...and this HD skiiinnnn...
There's no question that I'm no longer a haaas-beeeeen...

Cause I'm one of you! One of you!
Same crew, nothing you (:4dk:) can do. I'm finally one of you.
One of you, one of you! The same crew,
I'm finally one of youuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I prefer K. Rool's "I'm one of you!"

Wish I could find the original post, but its probably about 50 posts back or so. Luckily, I already saved it... :D

:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu:
Weeeeeelllll, Listen here, while we make it clear!
We're so glad you're finally here!
A crocodile, a banana stealer,
You're K. Rool, a real death dealer
Looking at your jawwwwws,
You could be one of our big draws!
Cause you're one of us! One of us!
Your A-moves and final smash!
Can't you see you're one of us?
A newcomer! To our clash!
Arm to arm, together we smash!

Weeellll, since what you said is trueeee....
Then I'm a smash brother, with alt colors and a similar view...
With these B moooovess...and this HD skiiinnnn...
There's no question that I'm no longer a haaas-beeeeen...

Cause I'm one of you! One of you!
Same crew, nothing you (:4dk:) can do. I'm finally one of you.
One of you, one of you! The same crew,
I'm finally one of youuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Here's the original. Glad you liked it.

Top Bottom