• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
So now i'm upset. I just found out that the August Nintendo Direct is going to be Hyrule Warrior themed. That means no DK related reveal. Unless they do a villains trailer.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Doesn't entirely mean we won't get a general Direct later in the month; I'd be willing to guess we would, actually, since this one's super early on in.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
We're already on better standing going forward than Ridley was pre-Brawl. . .back before that game's release, Smashboards had to lock both the Ridley thread and its replacement "R.I.D.L.E.Y. Club," threatening to ban anyone who even mentioned the name of the character. Compare that to us, where the great majority of people I've seen leave feedback on the thread say things to the tune of "this is what a quality character fanbase should be," with only a few dissenters who run off and generalize that "waaaah, they all hate Dixie, those b******s" or "it's not a true fanbase, it's just a few loud people."

The stupid would be tedious to handle over the short term, but beyond that, even if K. Rool doesn't appear again in a DK game between Smash titles, he'll have some role in this game to hang his hat crown on, and can even be supported from the angle of 'retro DK' character. Heaven forbid anyone argue "relevance" against a character arbitrarily labeled 'retro.'
Oh good. I kind of figured that, which is a good thing to. It's very peaceful and fun here to be honest. You guys seem to have a lot of fun, which is great! I agree, I do like K.Rool fans a lot myself.

Really? It was that bad for Ridley? Ouch! Poor guys. That's a very hard thing to swallow and deal with. Glad the K.Rool threads were at peace during those days as well.

Ugh! I do not want to even get started on the "Relevency" argument. I find it to be a very bogus and invalid point for why a character shouldn't be in. Ike is back, Sheik is back, and Lucario is to. Relevancy doesn't matter and it won't stop K.Rool from appearing. Being a retro character is a good thing to.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So now i'm upset. I just found out that the August Nintendo Direct is going to be Hyrule Warrior themed. That means no DK related reveal. Unless they do a villains trailer.
I think we'll likely get a Ganondorf or Ghirahim reveal for Smash Bros. Can't say I'd be too excited for either.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Ganondorf being revealed for Hyrule Warriors as well as Smash Bros. would make me very happy. Unless he's still a Falcon clone, which is a distinct possibility.
Considering how many changes they made to Bowser, I think it's fully possible that Ganondorf will have a new and unique moveset. But then there's Lucina.......

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Evidence in marketing heavily points towards Mewtwo and Ridley being something big in this game, and if not playable, then I can to a degree understand Sakurai deeming them playable bosses, but certainly not dismissible characters- and to a lesser extent but still heavily so, K Rool.
  • Mewtwo- Greninja was premiered without webbing, using a move similar to Shadow Ball upside down (which makes it harder for the brain to tell proportions), in silhouette, and... in a frickin cave. Greninja has no business in a cave, but I can tell you which legendary Pokemon does- in fact the entire scene of the reveal was geared for Mewtwo. TROLL.
  • Ridley- Without getting into the whole debate; no outright disconfirmation, and a classic artistic misdirection of aligning text with an image, trying to lead the audience to a conclusion which is juxtaposed, but with a brilliant cadence of which it was not meant to be had. Or, in short, trying to hype us up that he is not a sure thing so that when he is revealed, it feels good.
  • K Rool- kremlings, DK's lack of info, all other points we have said here-

Sakurai is not an idiot- he does not build hype for the three most desired characters unless he thinks he has something good. I could believe he thinks playable boss is just as good. He could not believe a regular boss is. This game has seen the most fan service we have ever had.

Also; the best piece of evidence we have seen for any of these characters, is Wii Fit Trainer, which no one brings up. "HUH!?" You may be saying. Well, I say, "Yes!" Series representation is the key! There is absolutely, without a doubt, no other reason she would be in. Sure, she is female, and sure, she uses deep breathing- but there are many, MANY other characters who could have utilized these techniques (of a power up and having ovaries). He clearly knows she was not the best idea- he revealed her first to get the idea out of the way, and while it is possible she was added simply for shock, I cannot believe that alone is enough. He had to have added her to represent the fourth highest selling Nintendo Franchise, Wii Fit, and to appeal to more Fans. It is clear, through her, that Series' representation and balance do matter, because she has absolutely no characterization, and he is fighting hard to give her personality (and- I believe succeeding, but it is still making many angry pre game).

Happy. I actually don't mind that look. The collar especially looks great.
If he gets in, he could be in a tutu, a tube top, or a tuba, and I would not be the slightest bit lest bemused.

I have been wanting K Rool since Brawl and am so glad you guys agree that he should be playable (because none of my friends seem to).
I think somebody needs new friends.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Could you guys imagine if K.Rool got in and Ridley was just a hazard O.O

I wouldn't want to be near the Ridley thread that day.........

G1_Shockwave

Smash Cadet
Could you guys imagine if K.Rool got in and Ridley was just a hazard O.O

I wouldn't want to be near the Ridley thread that day.........
If that’s the case its Super Smash Bros Protagonists

Ugh, I cant stand this indecision, married with a lack of vision….

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
You can sign me up for the Kutthroat Krew, if you like! DKC was the very first game I ever played. It started something. I've long thought K. Rool would be an interesting and logical addition to the Smash roster, and Smash Bros. is in dire need of villains!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Your right then it would be just be “Super Smash Bros. Protagonists & Ridley”
Bowser and Dedede are Ambiguous Antagonists anymore.
Bowser isn't ambiguous he's a villain he never really tries to help Mario except on very RARE occasion

DDD was never really a villain he's more a rival to Kirby than a villain

You still have Wario, Ganondorf, and Wolf (assuming they're all there)

Yes Smash does need more villains but there are villains present K.Rool and Ridley would be nice additions but there is villains. Ridley isn't the be all end all of Nintendo villains....

G1_Shockwave

Smash Cadet
Bowser isn't ambiguous he's a villain he never really tries to help Mario except on very RARE occasion

Yes Smash does need more villains but there are villains present K.Rool and Ridley would be nice additions but there is villains. Ridley isn't the be all end all of Nintendo villains....

I just always liked bad guys over good, Wish the roster was more 50/50 I find them much more interesting. But Ridley and K. Rool are some of the biggest baddies (don’t toobigit) if just those two and some vet villains are in ill be at ease with the roster.
Heh Ill give you Bowser, but Dedede I don’t know.. he sure has a lot of fun adventures with Kirby anymore, lol.

Laniv

Smash Champion
You can sign me up for the Kutthroat Krew, if you like! DKC was the very first game I ever played. It started something. I've long thought K. Rool would be an interesting and logical addition to the Smash roster, and Smash Bros. is in dire need of villains!
Kommence Kutthroat initiation.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, we're about a month away from the release. We saw Donkey first, and Diddy pretty early. And we still have seen no new DK stages. I know that doesn't mean anything concrete, but it makes me feel like there's definitely something DK hidden. It makes me hopeful

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, we're about a month away from the release. We saw Donkey first, and Diddy pretty early. And we still have seen no new DK stages. I know that doesn't mean anything concrete, but it makes me feel like there's definitely something DK hidden. It makes me hopeful
Makes me think we will, for certain, get a DK trailer coming up.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

Wario doesn't even count as a villain because he's repping his own series which he's not really a villain in.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Wario is technically an anti-hero. He was originally a villain like DK but later became homies with Mario. He's even one of the playable protagonists in the DS version of Super Mario 64.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Shower thought: If King K. Rool is a playable character, will he have the cartoony voice from Donkey Kong Country, or would they give him realistic animal growls like DK and Bowser?

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Shower thought: If King K. Rool is a playable character, will he have the cartoony voice from Donkey Kong Country, or would they give him realistic animal growls like DK and Bowser?
He should have realistic animal growls but when he dies, he should make that "OH!" noise just like in DKC.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
They'll do what they did with DK and Bowser. If DK and Bowser are given their game voices, so will K. Rool. If DK and Bowser keep the realistic voices, K. Rool will have one as well.

He should have realistic animal growls but when he dies, he should make that "OH!" noise just like in DKC.
This would be awesome. :D

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
IMO, they should use his voice from DK64. I thought it fit him pretty well.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Defintely cartoony voice. My personal choice would his DK64 voice. Though they'd also have to through the Donkey Kong Country "AGH" somewhere in there.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

Bowser is a "good guy" in multiple games. DDD hasn't been villainous in half of the Kirby games and wolf actually helps fox sometimes; he's more of a rival, not a villain. Wario hasn't been a villain in forever.

Without k rool AND Ridley, even counting all of those characters, the game will feature 5 villains. 5.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I expect realistic [CROCODILE NOISES]

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I have to go with a mixture of realistic crocodile noises while also retaining the DKC grunt and occasional cartoonish laugh.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Not only will SSB4 have a huge lack of villains if K. Rool is left out, it'll also have a lack of super heavy characters. Bowser, Dedede, Ganondorf and DK aren't much compared to how many lightweights?

Red Krockhead

Smash Rookie
This is the only thread I've ever bothered to read on this site, and I've been following it for quite some time now. Since Brash Bear got me to bite the bullet on joining this forum, I might as well join my fellow Kutthroats.

Last edited:

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet
figured ide join in for support for my third most wanted character (next to Takamaru and Ridley)

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
This is the only thread I've ever bothered to read on this site, and I've been following it for quite some time now. Since Brash Bear got me to bite the bullet on joining this forum, I might as well join my fellow Kutthroats.
figured ide join in for support for my third most wanted character (next to Takamaru and Ridley)
Oh boy, guess we need a double initiation for these fellas:
Enjoy

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
Not only will SSB4 have a huge lack of villains if K. Rool is left out, it'll also have a lack of super heavy characters. Bowser, Dedede, Ganondorf and DK aren't much compared to how many lightweights?
Ike, Rosalina and Charizard are also heavies but yeah, that still isn't that many

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, I don't really get the people who say "We don't need another heavy, slow and bulky character" when talking about K Rool or other heavyweight character. But it happens that in Brawl were 5 against 30, and so far for Sm4sh are 5 against 31, counting Charizard and excluding Ganondorf, who wasn't announced yet.

So we need more heavyweights, no matter how people try to convince themselves we don't. And what a coincidence, K Rool is perfect for that! You hear Sakurai? *wink wink*

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
K rool is just too perfect. Heavyweight, villain, unique, and he has a big personality. I just don't see why he wouldn't be in, other than sakurai, well, being sakurai.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
my god i remember that show
Best let the memories flow back, it's a popular subject in this thread.

Recently, I've been hoping we see more Kremlings other than Kritters as Smash Run enemies. There's tons of potential for many of them. I'd love see a variation of Klobber disguised as a treasure chest, or a Kloak who throws minor enemies, but occasionally powerups at you.

Top Bottom