• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Since, I've never played DKC, I couldn't tell you the names of any of the Kremling except for King K Rool. So I'm pretty sure it isn't him.

Don't worry, I do plan on sometime playing some Donkey Kong in the future.
You should play the country games they are really fun and challenging. I even liked 64 K Rool was great in that game.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
How would you guys like it if K. Rool got in and this was an alternate costume?

Namco did develop Super Sluggers after all.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
How would you guys like it if K. Rool got in and this was an alternate costume?

Namco did develop Super Sluggers after all.
I'd be fine with that but I'd rather have this as an alt:

Imagine fighting Little Mac with this in the boxing ring.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
That moment when you don't know if you're part of the Kutthroats or not even though you've posted before, oops...

And while I'm very much in support of King K. Rool the creeping pessimism of it being crunch time is starting to get to me about some potential characters, and I'm putting most of my optimism eggs in the Ridley basket already! We NEED another DK rep because there is so much potential for honestly any of them, and King K. Rool is easily one of the best options to be a really unique fighter, but I just don't know if we'll honestly get one again. Damn pessimism always making me doubt awesome things in Smash!

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
That moment when you don't know if you're part of the Kutthroats or not even though you've posted before, oops...
Same, I checked the list for a good while, couldn't find mine, and I got 3 initiation songs at once! You'd think that'd draw enough attention. Hopefully BKupa gets on it though, I'm sure he wouldn't intentionally disclude a Kutthroat would he? He'd need as many as he can get to get that Crystal Coconut from Donkey Ko... er I mean to support K. Rool for Smash

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
The Shulk thread will surpass this one soon. They've gotten 100 pages in less than two weeks.

I can only imagine the quality of the posts that achieved that.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
The Shulk thread will surpass this one soon. They've gotten 100 pages in less than two weeks.

Yeah, let's just say that I had to step in to stop the extreme spam.
They have another thing where they can sink their childishness into now though so it's k

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

There were many Dittos.
And ducks.
And trains.

Really, the Shulk thread descended into a state of hype-induced madness when the Monolith Soft people re-tweeted the recent character announcement and the Gematsu leaker said it would be Shulk. It only got worse when "MonadoMonday" ended up failing to become a reality.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

And while I'm very much in support of King K. Rool the creeping pessimism of it being crunch time is starting to get to me about some potential characters, and I'm putting most of my optimism eggs in the Ridley basket already! We NEED another DK rep because there is so much potential for honestly any of them, and King K. Rool is easily one of the best options to be a really unique fighter, but I just don't know if we'll honestly get one again. Damn pessimism always making me doubt awesome things in Smash!
Yea I don't know either...
And I too feel the pessimism. He's my most wanted newcomer and frankly, all my hype would die of he is deconfirmed. I only hope that sakurai realizes his massive popularity/potential and puts him in.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
There were many Dittos.
And ducks.
And trains.

Really, the Shulk thread descended into a state of hype-induced madness when the Monolith Soft people re-tweeted the recent character announcement and the Gematsu leaker said it would be Shulk. It only got worse when "MonadoMonday" ended up failing to become a reality.
And by "got worse" you mean they weren't phased by it at all, right?
Because all they did was spam more

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At this rate, I'll laugh hysterically if it turns out Shulk ISN'T in the game. Granted, I doubt it'll turn out that way, but it'd still be funny. All these Shulk fans are starting to piss me off and just make me hate Shulk. :p

And I too feel the pessimism. He's my most wanted newcomer and frankly, all my hype would die of he is deconfirmed. I only hope that sakurai realizes his massive popularity/potential and puts him in.
I don't feel the pessimism. I think K. Rool is in the game.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
At this rate, I'll laugh hysterically if it turns out Shulk ISN'T in the game. Granted, I doubt it'll turn out that way, but it'd still be funny. All these Shulk fans are starting to piss me off and just make me hate Shulk. :p

Oh, how happy I was when we got Robin and Lucina instead of Shulk.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well it's obvious that a characterthread will get a lot of posts when he's soo likely to be in the game and stuff.
If K. Rool would've get a sudden boost through a leak/rumor/other stuff who looked convincing I'm sure the thread would boom even more than it does now.

Btw, I like how this thread made me like the DK cartoon again. With all the songs, haha.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
There were many Dittos.
And ducks.
And trains.

Even I would like to see Shulk in, Gematsu be darned, but I couldn't help but laugh when that happened!

It wasn't a spite thing- there's just something about gratuitous hype be instantly deflated that amuses me. It's like tripping at starting line.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice

He will be in, there's no doubt about that, but as a playable character, stage boss or simply a trophy? :(

He will be in, but as a playable character, a stage boss or simply a trophy? :(

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
This pretty much. I don't really know what kind of opinion to have, since his chances look great on paper, but you never know with Sakurai at the helm.

If either he or Mewtwo are shafted, my hype will be nonexistent. E3 already got a head start on that.

Last edited:

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
I think it is a bit silly for anyone to think that any newcomer is guaranteed after what happened that fateful day.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Schadenfreude.
*a quick Google later*

Maybe..I wouldn't go THAT far personally... I mean I had no grudge against the movement or anything. Heck, I was expecting them to be right but didn't put stock in anything because no-one can claim to know Sakurai.
It's just it's not often it happens to that degree and they seemed so certain. Almost smugly so. Just almost though.
But again I was expecting it too just not as whole-heartedly.

I was just kinda funny in the end.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think it is a bit silly for anyone to think that any newcomer is guaranteed after what happened that fateful day.
Oh no, I don't think K. Rool is guaranteed, but I think he is by far the second most likely newcomer at this point.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'd be fine with that but I'd rather have this as an alt:

Imagine fighting Little Mac with this in the boxing ring.
Eh, Little Mac would have no chance. K. Rool would just sit on him like on the Kremlings during the fight and he'd be as flat as them lol. That would be really funny.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Oh no, I don't think K. Rool is guaranteed, but I think he is by far the second most likely newcomer at this point.
My statement wasn't directed to anybody in particular but is a general rule I'm trying to stick to so my hype levels don't reach critical mass. I'm finding this to be increasingly difficult however...DARN IT I WANT K.ROOL!

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I agree. I really do think K.rool has a very good chance of being a playable character especially since the kremlins are enemies in Smash Run, which to me is a sign they still acknowledge the kremlins, even though new enemies have been used in favor of them in the recent donkey kong games. It also helps he's on the top 5 for most wanted newcomers in Japan.

While we shouldn't be to hard on the Shulk fans, I do agree that to an extent that the Monado Monday shenanigans took it to an extreme a bit. But hey, I do think he's worthy of inclusion and I was glad about the trailer we got instead and Gematsu is no more either. So its a win win for each side! They seemed to be okay with it for the most part as they preferred something surprising and not predictable.

Also, the idea for a K.Rool trailer where he comes into the boxing ring against Little Mac would be hilarious. I would like to see that happen.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Don't worry, I'll add you and everyone else next time I update the list.

I'm always thinking ahead about pessimistic scenarios as well, and basically, it would be quite disappointing to not see K. Rool playable, but no matter what, basically everything Kremling fans want accomplished has happened or is a lock to happen. We can't lose, it's just a matter of how much we can possibly gain.

Kremlings are back, reaffirming their place as DK's main enemies on the system that will sell multiple times the number of copies the Wii U version will (and possibly there, too)? Check. K. Rool will have SOME role in the game beyond a trophy, reaffirming his place as DK's main villain? 99.9% check. Thousands and thousands of people are talking about K. Rool online and will continue to do so, whether or not he's in the game? Check.

If he gets in this time, our goal is accomplished immediately. If he doesn't, we're automatically the new Ridley going into the next game, and if he shows up in another game, we comfortably ride the tidal wave of a bandwagon all the way up until he's confirmed.

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry, I'll add you and everyone else next time I update the list.

I'm always thinking ahead about pessimistic scenarios as well, and basically, it would be quite disappointing to not see K. Rool playable, but no matter what, basically everything Kremling fans want accomplished has happened or is a lock to happen. We can't lose, it's just a matter of how much we can possibly gain.

Kremlings are back, reaffirming their place as DK's main enemies on the system that will sell multiple times the number of copies the Wii U version will (and possibly there, too)? Check. K. Rool will have SOME role in the game beyond a trophy, reaffirming his place as DK's main villain? 99.9% check. Thousands and thousands of people are talking about K. Rool online and will continue to do so, whether or not he's in the game? Check.

If he gets in this time, our goal is accomplished immediately. If he doesn't, we're automatically the new Ridley going into the next game, and if he shows up in another game, we comfortably ride the tidal wave of a bandwagon all the way up until he's confirmed.
Your spot on with the reasons why K.Rool has a really great chance of being playable. All those reasons are very true.

Oh gawd, I hope he doesn't become the next "Ridley is too big" meme if that was the case. K.Rool fans already have to deal with the "Rare owns the rights to the kremlins" bogus at times as is. They don't deserve to go through more hardships, just like Ridley fans don't deserve to go through the pesky detractors not wanting his inclusion.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So I was watching some FineBros react to Honest Trailers, which led to watching Honest Trailers, which led to watching the Lion King episode, which led to watching the Circle of Life, which ultimately led me to this beloved gem.

EVERYTHING LEADS TO K. ROOL!

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
So i've been browsing this thread for the past week and now i've finally made an account. I have been wanting K Rool since Brawl and am so glad you guys agree that he should be playable (because none of my friends seem to). Count me in as another Kutthroats. Long live our glorious king.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
So i've been browsing this thread for the past week and now i've finally made an account. I have been wanting K Rool since Brawl and am so glad you guys agree that he should be playable (because none of my friends seem to). Count me in as another Kutthroats. Long live our glorious king.
Welcome to the Kutthroats my friend, here's your initiation

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
So I was watching some FineBros react to Honest Trailers, which led to watching Honest Trailers, which led to watching the Lion King episode, which led to watching the Circle of Life, which ultimately led me to this beloved gem.

That movie was awesome. Now I think of King K.Rool building up his army and ready to fight for Smash Bros. 4! Plotting something big against all the characters.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Glad to have you join us! I like your profile pic, btw. :estatic:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

I don't know why, but a British accent fits K Rool in an odd way.
And no, it's not because he's a villain. There's just something about it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh gawd, I hope he doesn't become the next "Ridley is too big" meme if that was the case. K.Rool fans already have to deal with the "Rare owns the rights to the kremlins" bogus at times as is. They don't deserve to go through more hardships, just like Ridley fans don't deserve to go through the pesky detractors not wanting his inclusion.
We're already on better standing going forward than Ridley was pre-Brawl. . .back before that game's release, Smashboards had to lock both the Ridley thread and its replacement "R.I.D.L.E.Y. Club," threatening to ban anyone who even mentioned the name of the character. Compare that to us, where the great majority of people I've seen leave feedback on the thread say things to the tune of "this is what a quality character fanbase should be," with only a few dissenters who run off and generalize that "waaaah, they all hate Dixie, those b******s" or "it's not a true fanbase, it's just a few loud people."

The stupid would be tedious to handle over the short term, but beyond that, even if K. Rool doesn't appear again in a DK game between Smash titles, he'll have some role in this game to hang his hat crown on, and can even be supported from the angle of 'retro DK' character. Heaven forbid anyone argue "relevance" against a character arbitrarily labeled 'retro.'

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
How's the morale over here? I mean, hope has been springing up for the most unexpected of contenders for that vaunted spot on the Smash Roster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom