• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
yo waz up BK! cool homie

Cool beans to you Diddy too if your here.

Just popping bye so good this thread is probly the most healthy and supportive charcter thread here.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Has anyone noticed that K. Rool is practically all the DKC kremlings combined? He has the skin and jumping powers of kritters, the body of klump, the mouth of a klaptrap, and the arms of a krusha. Not to mention the speed of an awakened rockroc. Since the other masters in the game are just larger versions of regular enemies (Gnawty, Necky), its definitely not hard to make such a conclusion about K. Rool. Instead of being a giant kritter, he's like a combination of all kremlings.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mind = blown

In DKC2, you even have Klumps that shoot canons at you, and Kloaks that can turn invisible, which is also kinda how Kaptain K.Rool fights.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
And...and...in DKC3, there are Kopters who fly around too! And Rekoils who bounce around like maniacs!

So, in essence, K. Rool will be a compilation representative for at least a dozen Kremlings as a Smash character. Yet another reason to support the guy.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
They'll be back, Diddy. Remember, Sakurai *loves* to remember Nintendo history, *and* loves DKC. I have every ounce of faith that he'll do them justice. In every way we hope. Now I've just gotta hope Nintendo buys B&K from Microsoft, and Sakurai decides to make one. Please whatever beings exist in the universe...

In the meantime, have THIS, my Kremling Kompadres.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, we might've had some visitors from Nintendo?

How does that make the Kuttroaths feel?

Honestly, am hyped as **** for this!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Copypasting over my theory from the SSB4 Character Discussion

Okay, so for all the people I asked about visiting K. Rool's thread, I'll share my conspiracy. I am well aware that this may sound astronomically stupid, and maybe arrogant also, but I'm seeing some weird things with the thread lately, particularly regarding the number of views it has.

When I left for vacation last Saturday, the thread had roughly 42,000 views, or about 10,000 views below the Ridley thread. Now, just nine days later, the K. Rool thread views have gone up by roughly 27,000, into the 69,000 range. Even today, two hours ago, when I started formulating this theory before track practice, the thread had 69,050 views. It currently has 69,531 views. By comparison, the Ridley thread had around 52,000 views last Saturday, and now has roughly 54,500...a reasonable amount of growth, in my opinion.

The number of Internet users visiting the thread is skyrocketing at an absurd pace that doesn't match up with how frequently this board's users seem to view it, especially considering FalKoopa had to bump it off of the second page during the week these views started flooding in. In addition, I have not seen my thread linked to sites like GameFAQs, NeoGaf or Reddit...there's a possibility it could have reached 4Chan, but even then, when Shortie's poll only got boosted by a few hundred from being posted there, this too seems unlikely.

I also feel the need to point out the number of guests I've started seeing in K. Rool's thread, compared to the number of guests I see in other character threads. Last Thursday and Friday, before I left, I would see 2-3 guests sitting in the thread at random, nothing unusual. Now, as I started typing this post, my thread had 6 guests; it now has 9 guests. I popped into every other character thread on the front page before typing this, lingering for a while on the larger ones (Ridley, Waluigi, Palutena, etc.) to see how many guests they received in comparison; none received above 2, and most had a flat 0.

Now, to the point. I have heard speculation previously that, pre-Brawl, members of Nintendo visited these forums, specifically Gimpyfish's E-4-All analysis thread, where he listed the returning advanced techniques from Melee in the conference's demo (namely L-Canceling if I remember correctly), and modified the game accordingly to 'level the playing field' (or one of Sakurai's other casual colloquialisms). In addition, as ChronoBound has stated multiple times, Smash World Forums is essentially the last remaining reputable Smash speculation site, and is easily the largest to boot. This knowledge, in combination with my thread's views inexplicably skyrocketing due to an unusually high number of guests, leads me to ponder whether members of Nintendo are viewing my thread, and have been for the past week, for their own purposes.

Yeah, completely out-of-left-field, right? There are a host of potential alternative explanations, the most obvious of which is that users from both this site and others have just now discovered the thread, are flocking to it, and lingering it in in droves. Perhaps they are from a large site that often features flocking members, such as the aforementioned 4Chan. Other less likely explanations could be that Smash World Forums is glitching, that the same variety of bot that led to Dunsparce and Skull Kid dominating last summer's Smash poll have reached my thread, or that this is a subtle April Fool's Day prank from some SWF higher-ups. But regardless, I think my logic is fairly sound here, and that what is happening to K. Rool's thread is objectively strange. I'm interested in hearing your guys' take on it, in any case.
In the unbelievable scenario anyone from Nintendo is reading this right now, it's an incredible honor to know you exist on these forums, let alone in this thread us Kutthroats treasure so dearly. I hope you are liking what you're seeing in regard to our ideas for K. Rool and our enjoyment of his character.

And if these 27,000 additional views are from some mysterious other source, we're happy to see you here as well; enjoy your stay!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Please Nintendo, PLEASE give K.Rool his blunderbuss!

This thing just reeks of badassery.

Also, please inspire K.Rool on his Melee trophy. It's the best look he has had thus far!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh yes, also, just in case for canon's sake...K. Rool is one individual. That pirate Kremling in the post above this one? Not a brother, a costume. Thanks!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Whoever the guests are, I think they are taking their time to go through the whole thread.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm not going to get my hopes up too much, since theories are basically a step down from rumors (and we know how those tend to work), but we should all keep a close eye on both this thread's views and its guests...and much later, after we start getting SSB4 information, keep an eye out for anything that resembles the ideas we've posted in this thread since last June. Nine or so days is probably enough time for a viewer to read through this thread in its entirety, as FalKoopa suggested, so it will be interesting to see what happens next. Unless, of course, the views and guests suddenly stop their improbable rise now that they've been duly noted.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm gonna bite, and give my two cents to Nintendo (possibly) as both a Kutthroat and a die-hard Nintendo fan.

Nintendo, and anyone else reading,

We of this thread have high hopes that one day the characters we hold so dear will return to us. (Just look at my avatar. Do you know who that is? I sure hope so. I also dearly hope (As do thousands of other gamers) that one day they will return to the gaming scene, hopefully as Nintendo property. A generation of gamers has been robbed of the magic of Banjo-Kazooie, but I disgress.)

The Kremlings and Donkey Kong Country were a defining part of most of our childhoods, and to some, K. Rool represents the best Nintendo villain to date, either for his character, his appearances, his henchmen, or just anything else about him. He's unique, has alot of personality fit into his different personas, and has been strangely absent from Nintendo during the second decade of the 2000s, even in the reboot of the series he debuted in. We hope that one day, K. Rool can return to both his series and Nintendo, bringing that same charm he had so many years ago. (And even in his 2008 sports appearance, which I hope for more of.)

If it's Sakurai or any of his team or correspondents reading this, know that K. Rool is among the most popular Smash newcomers essentially anywhere you look, for all of the reasons I mentioned above and more. We have high hopes for his flair, moveset potential and callbacks to the series. Pirates, scientists, canonball-launching comic blunderbusses (It's not a gun, it shoots canonballs!), helicopter packs, and his general Kingliness, as well as hordes upon hordes of minions, K. Rool coud bring alot of flair to the Smash scene, and we hope to see that realized in a way that is reminiscent of his beloved character. As has been done with all characters in Smash, I'm sure that would be no problem, given that characters are typically designed as faithfully to their origins as they can be.

Looking forward to the E3 reveal, and also to the swift return of our King, K. Rool!

Edit: Hopefully that summed up some thoughts well, I didn't mean to generalize, guys :cool:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Donkey Kong Country = best game series ever. Please give K.Rool a chance in Smash so that the series can get a propper full revival. Tikis are sort of cool and all, but they got nothing on the Kremlings.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
im down for the return of the KING!!!!! man i cant even tell you how mad this guy made me as a kid trying to beat him in country 1 & 2! but i did! =D never even beat 3 though ahaha. ohwell heres to *someone* seeing all this love for one of our favorite final bosses!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hi new viewers! (Again) So guys, just to get this topic roaring again, a thought crossed my mind. We're the Kremling Kutthroats right? So if each of us was *actually* a Kremling, from any of the Country games or 64, which type would you be? Infact, I sort of want to tally the results at the end if we get enough, to see which Kremling is most popular.

Going for Kloak myself. Hooks, man, hooks!

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Copypasting over my theory from the SSB4 Character Discussion

In the unbelievable scenario anyone from Nintendo is reading this right now, it's an incredible honor to know you exist on these forums, let alone in this thread us Kutthroats treasure so dearly. I hope you are liking what you're seeing in regard to our ideas for K. Rool and our enjoyment of his character.

And if these 27,000 additional views are from some mysterious other source, we're happy to see you here as well; enjoy your stay!
Another possibility is that you're the one April fooling us or just trolling :p
I don't get that sense though.

What doesn't make sense about your hypothesis is.... Why would the relatively small group of developers that develop SSB games accrue 27 thousand views? :laugh:

Secondly, I don't think it would be anything new that developers visit fan forums for matters like character selections. I'm sure they do it all the time just for kicks if nothing else.

My best guess is this thread was linked on something like a Japanese SSB site.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My best guess is this thread was linked on something like a Japanese SSB site.
That's a good guess too, but if that's the case then hey, this gets exposure to Nintendo in another way to just how much fans want K. Rool both in the west and east.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think people are jumping the gun a bit with this theory and everything, but if some suggestions from this thread do somehow get implemented into K. Rool (even coincidentally), I'd be quite happy, there have been lots of good ideas thrown around in here. ;)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What was going on here now? Some crazy **** from what it sounds like

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Things I really want K.Rool to have in his moveset:

The Blunderbuss from DKC2.
The bellyflop from DKL1
Crown Toss from DKC1
Crocodile death roll attack
Faking his death in some manner of form

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So wait, if they just check K.Rool's, does that mean they're not interested in anyone else? I mean I never see any other support threads' view skyrocketing... (-l^i-);

Might go so far as to bump some of my threads and see what will happen in order to see if this theory's "true".

Ah well, might just say this because what would I lose: (other than my dignity)

Nintendo's members, if you're even seeing this, just... check other potential characters and their supports threads too. Unless you're just looking ideas for K.Rool and have no idea what to use.

Wait, aren't these japanese folks though?

But man, I wonder still, I wonder what's this about. Views skyrocketing but specifically to one thread just doesn't feel right...

Okay, you can shoot me now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The number of views has jumped by 476 in the last 10 hours...
Jeez. We're really popular! I agree with YH though, something smells fishy in Kremmark. Not fishy in a "I think we're being played" way, but Fishy in a "Weird, why us, and not Ridley too?" (The obvious answer is we're better, but hey. :awesome:

I still support the theory that we got posted on a Japanese site, but no matter what, it's likely the thread has at least been glanced by Nintendo a few times. (I certainly hope they saw/will see my Kremstimonial. Go us! Maybe the other popular threads will pick up soon.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's probably one guy refreshing the page here over and over to watch a YouTube video someone posted.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's probably one guy refreshing the page here over and over to watch a YouTube video someone posted.
Probably. I'm a trendsetter. Someone should post every Ridley video ever! That'll help! :cool:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Youtube videos can be replayed without refreshing...

If that is the case, that guy is an idiot

Hey youtube guy, you are an idiot if you are viewing this

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey youtube guy, you are an idiot if you are viewing this
Psst, There is one guest watching the thread now. Don't piss him off. :troll:

Hmm, the number of guests seem to have dropped once it came to light. Now I'm thinking it was an April Fool's prank.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait. Someone please explain what happened in simple English.

What's this about Nintendo?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wait. Someone please explain what happened in simple English.

What's this about Nintendo?
This thread got like 27000 views in one week, which is crazy. Wasn't us, so some theory is that Nintendo is looking at the page, though I don't see why they would need to view it this many times. It's probably been linked from somewhere popular.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This thread got like 27000 views in one week, which is crazy. Wasn't us, so some theory is that Nintendo is looking at the page, though I don't see why they would need to view it this many times. It's probably been linked from somewhere popular.
Interesting. I doubt it was Nintendo. I think it's probably 4chan.

(My essay was read by thousands! *squeals*)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
My Nintendo theory isn't incredibly likely, of course, but I still find it strange that, out of 27,000+ average Internet gamers over a week, not a single one commented in this thread, resulting in it falling back to Page 2. That and, starting today, after I posted my theory in this thread and changed the thread title, the random guests have hordes have stopped and the thread views are no longer skyrocketing, at least for now.

Like FalKoopa said, and as I floated as a possible explanation, this could be some subtle April Fool's Day prank (it certainly isn't on my part) as well.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Interesting. I doubt it was Nintendo. I think it's probably 4chan.

(My essay was read by thousands! *squeals*)
Someone should do an experiment and link the Ridley thread on 4chan or a Japanese SSB forum and see if it has a similar effect on views to what happened here.

I sill find it hilarious that people thought 27 thousand Nintendo employees suddenly all viewed this thread :laugh:
Not even a tiny tiny fraction of that would have anything to do with the development of Smash games.
If they did view the thread (which they probably do all the time anyway), we wouldn't notice.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Someone should do an experiment and link the Ridley thread on 4chan or a Japanese SSB forum and see if it has a similar effect on views to what happened here.
Someone should do this with all of the popular characters (Ridley/ Palutena/ Isaac/ Megaman/ Little Mac/ etc.). Any volunteers?

Also what victory animations would the Croc King have?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I think K. Rool deserves a spot just because of how under-represented the DK series is.
He also deserves a spot on his own merits, though.

Top Bottom