• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I see you quoted me, but i still stand by what i said.
In that case, why don't you enlighten this thread's followers by making your case to them?

EDIT: Bowserlick, that's an excellent moveset that I will gladly add to the OP with your permission. It seems like most K. Rool fans would prefer he take inspiration from his other costumes, but your moveset is a great indication of what we can expect without it, and it still sounds like a blast to use.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
In that case, why don't you enlighten this thread's followers by making your case to them?
And incur the wrath of the horde? No thanks. I never said it was the end all be all, just as I saw it from a different perspective, although yeah ill admit nothing can be proven indefinitely. We can only wait till E3 and see for ourselves

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't know what was said, but going back a few pages it sounds like someone was reviving "Miyamoto quotes" of old. Even if any of that is true, Sakurai isn't Miyamoto. This has been proven time and time again, and my faith's in him to put together the best roster he can, and not ignore K. Rool's potential. I understand people need to come in here and get stuff off their chest, but typically all that does is promote all kinds of negativity. What sort of fan wants to come to a thread for a character they support and read "Yeah, well, Miyamoto said this, so it sucks to be you guys." (That's a dramatization, and as I said I couldn't even find the quote. Just talking. No offense meant.)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
There was never any quote posted in this thread, gannon, but rather one I carried over from GameFAQs to demonstrate how people still believe Miyamoto has a profound hatred for the Kremling King (and will thus 'influence' Sakurai to ignore him), and, in this case, ignore evidence to the contrary. I believe we'll be seeing more of such posts spilling over into this thread along with the post-E3 swarm of new users, barring the unlikely scenario where K. Rool is revealed in its trailer, so it's wise to be prepared for such fact-checking.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's hoping for K. Rool in the trailer battling Donkey Kong.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

EDIT: Swampasaur, that's an excellent moveset that I will gladly add to the OP with your permission. It seems like most K. Rool fans would prefer he take inspiration from his other costumes, but your moveset is a great indication of what we can expect without it, and it still sounds like a blast to use.
You misspelled Bowserlick. That is my moveset.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I made bunch of recolours today. The character on whom the alt is based is written at bottom right corner. Made with GIMP.

The Bowser reference sure is a twist. I actually tried to make a Wart reference out of K. Rool when I did my recolors.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You evolved from an Ivysaur to Mewtwo. What can't you do?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
King K. Rool

This is a King K. Rool move-set based on his King appearance. He is a heavyweight with multiple movement options. Once K. Rool starts moving and throwing punches, he can overwhelm the opponent with his momentum.

Specials:
Toward B Krown Toss: Tosses his Krown forward, it returns much like Link's Boomerang.

B Belly Bounce: Puts his hands on his waist and thrusts his stomach forward. Short range, but good knockback. Can bounce solid projectiles back with high velocity. Can be used on his Krown when it is coming back to him instead of catching it.

Up B Crocodile Leap: Flicks his tail and launches upwards with an open mouth. Goes a little less further than Fire Fox. Mouth snaps close at the end for high KO potential. Can be angled as long as the trajectory is above the King.

Down B Krown Charge (On Ground): Lowers head and charges forward. Charges forward as long as down B is held. Can be jumped out of, but there is some lag before he can attack.

Down B Krown Charge (Air): Feet start running motions in the air as long as down B is held. Can do low, multi-hit damage. When he hits the floor in this animation, he begins to charge forward.

Fightin' Moves:
A: Wild right swing with a fist
A: Wild right swing, takes a step and does a wild left swing
AAA: Wild right swing, takes a step and does a wild left swing, takes a step forward while clasping both hands above his head and then brings down his hammerfists

Toward A: Quick kick forward with good stun, but low range. If A is pressed during the kick, K. Rool draws an arm back behind him while balanced on one foot and brings it forward in an extended punch.

Crouch: Lays on stomach, with tongue out and one eye closed poorly faking death.
Down A: Makes a swimming motion (breast stroke) forward as he swings his head forcefully from one side to the other. A pressed for repeat.

Up A: Stands on his tippy-toes and twirls with his snout pointed to the sky. Knocks Opponents away. Can juggle.

Dash A: Slides on his stomach while snapping his mouth like a Klaptrap. Goes far.

Down Smash: Spins in place once with a flurry of his cape and both arms extended. Spinning clothesline. Fast with decent horizontal KO potential.

Forward Smash: Does the worm. A dance move where he flops forward onto his stomach. A can be pressed again for a second belly flop forward.

Up Smash: Face screen, crouches, and throws one right uppercut quickly. Force takes K. Rool off the ground as high as the height of one Mario. A can be pressed again during the animation for a second left uppercut which lifts the crocodile higher. Has one jump he can use after the move.

Aerial Attacks:
Nuetral A: Curls his knees up to his stomach and grabs them while spinning about. An aerial crocodile cannonball. If he hits the ground, during the move he bounces upwards. Bounce height depends on how far K. Rool falls. Can be done over and over until he runs out of height. Lag coming out of move.

Back A: K. Rool does a spinning backhand which turns him to face the opposite direction.

Forward A: K. Rool throws both fists forward with his body stretched out completely parallel with the floor below. Lag if he hits the ground in execution.

Down A: Does a spit with his legs and throws a fist downward. Decent Meteor Smash.

Up A: Holds his crown on his head with both hands, does a somersault, and kicks upwards with both feet.

Throws:
Pummel: An open handed slap

Forward Throw: Bowls the opponent forward. Opponent rolls on the ground. Damage is done as the enemy rolls. Roll is determined by their percentage. Can roll off the stage.

Down Throw: Puts his mouth over their head. Then jumps a little and does a Death Roll. Spins horizantally with foe's head in mouth and both crash to the floor. Enemy bounces upwards stunned and K. Rool has lag getting up. Highest damaging throw out of the cast.

Up Throw: Reaches down and grabs opponent's legs and stands back up while hurling them straight above. Low damage, but good power for a quick move

Back Throw: With one hand, tosses the foe over his shoulder. Quick, decent power with a curved trajectory.

Techniques:
Glide: K. Rool does a slow descent with his cape billowing and his hands flapping at his side. Cannot go up and down like other glides.
Glide Attack: Does one spin while he snaps his jaws closed for a bite.
I wanna quote this so it appears on this page too. Great move set! It combines things we'd expect from K. Rool with things a crocodile is known for AND uses imagination. Its like a part of it was inspired by the comments written before it (IDK if it was, but I'm being optimistic ATM).

I gotta say, a Death Roll as a throw?! That's freaking amazing! That's actually the best down throw idea I've seen. And the cannonball-like qualities are great too. What do you have in mind for a final smash?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I wanna quote this so it appears on this page too. Great move set! It combines things we'd expect from K. Rool with things a crocodile is known for AND uses imagination. Its like a part of it was inspired by the comments written before it (IDK if it was, but I'm being optimistic ATM).
You started the discussion about K. Rool using his mouth for bites. While I already had his Up B biting attack in my previous special-only moveset, I decided to take your challenge and see if other biting moves made sense. And being a crocodile, the Death Roll had to appear somewhere.

* I don't have a good idea for the Final Smash.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Speaking of realistic crocodiles, what if K. Rool had a fast swimming speed and could stay afloat a long time before drowning? This is considering Brawl's swimming mechanics return, when ideally, they'd be replaced by some form of underwater combat.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What I think could be neat is if certain characters had a "Swim Attack," a la a glide attack. Squirtle would get one, as well as some possible newcomers like K. Rool, Starfy, or even Takamaru, referencing that he can walk on water.

Just an idea.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, this lizard can run on water. It's aptly named the "Jesus Christ Lizard"

K. Rool doing that would be hilarious.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A swim attack for K. Rool would undoubtedly be some sort of crushing death bite, allowing him to spike opponents to a drowning death. Again, like real crocodiles.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not too sure if we are gonna see the gun, but damn, would I love it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Agreed. We can't be having that...if only there were things to discuss. June! Hurry up!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Old-timey gun, that shoots spike-balls. Just throwing it out there again. Maybe the heli-pack could be used for the Up-B.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At the same time, there were never 9 locked threads in the front page. lol
We'll be lucky to only have 9 locked threads in the front page once E3 rolls around until the game releases. Every fool thinks they're the first to create a support thread. Plus the rumor/leak/prophet threads. Oh gawd. They still give me nightmares. :laugh::urg:

I don't envy the mods...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We'll be lucky to only have 9 locked threads in the front page once E3 rolls around until the game releases. Every fool thinks they're the first to create a support thread. Plus the rumor/leak/prophet threads. Oh gawd. They still give me nightmares. :laugh::urg:

I don't envy the mods...
How bad were they pre-brawl?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
How bad were they pre-brawl?
Back then SmashBoards wasn't the only Smash-centric place I frequented, but in general... pretty bad. Depends on the level of moderation. Some sites were a little better contained than others. IIRC some places had specific rumor sections (which were absolutely terrible), but at least they contained all the nonsense and lies to that section so they wouldn't contaminate the rest. Hopefully this time around the mods (who will probably do a great job, especially M&SGuy) aren't going to be stingy with the bans, there are lots of just... terrible terrible trolls. It's like they don't even try.

Ofc we'll probably have the backroom back by then, and people tend to hide there. :laugh:

Anyway... how bout that Kah-Rool? :troll:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Back then SmashBoards wasn't the only Smash-centric place I frequented, but in general... pretty bad. Depends on the level of moderation. Some sites were a little better contained than others. IIRC some places had specific rumor sections (which were absolutely terrible), but at least they contained all the nonsense and lies to that section so they wouldn't contaminate the rest. Hopefully this time around the mods (who will probably do a great job, especially M&SGuy) aren't going to be stingy with the bans, there are lots of just... terrible terrible trolls. It's like they don't even try.

Ofc we'll probably have the backroom back by then, and people tend to hide there. :laugh:

Anyway... how bout that Kah-Rool? :troll:
What is this "back room" of which you speak?

Also I prefer Kay-rule myself but he's pretty cool.

To remain on topic. What would K.Rool's entrance be?

D

Deleted member

The mods certainly have a lot of work cut out for them, especially if they want to prevent this place from becoming the hellhole that is pre-Brawl Smashboards (which GameFAQs is turning into; I can only bear that place for so long before all the stupidity requires me to stop posting for awhile). Hopefully, the pre-Smash 4 environment will be much better; especially since we're one of the very few active sites left.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, maybe they're pulling a cash cow on it's succes before budgetting a new game?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That's exactly the thought I have, and actually leads me to believe Retro is developing a sequel. Besides, even if it's not, they're not *ignoring* the series.

D

Deleted member

Was it said to be an exact port?

I suppose we shouldn't quite give up hope if there happens to be bonus content....(like a secret level with Kremlings and boss fight with K. Rool)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Was it said to be an exact port?

I suppose we shouldn't quite give up hope if there happens to be bonus content....(like a secret level with Kremlings and boss fight with K. Rool)
I think its an exact port. I remember seeing that somewhere.

D

Deleted member

Damn. Guess the Kutthroats should resume kutting themselves....
*pulls out kutlass-shaped knife*

Top Bottom