• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yea, if anything I'd have K. Rool use his stomach armor for protection as a special, like Pit has that mirror shield, and give him the regular bubble that most characters have when using the shield button.

My (KING) K. Rool ideas are really flowing lately. I see he has a tail (usually), and would give him some "whip-like" attacks with it, but I see he also has a cape too. That cape's arguably longer and definitely wider than his tail, so I'd rather he use his cape for attacks that he would've used his tail for. So, he could spin and allow his cape to smack opponents. That way, his long flowing red cape won't be just eye-candy, it'll be used for fighting, like his arms, crown and if he turns out like how I'm envisioning him, his claws, teeth and armored stomach.

I'm realizing that if I want to make a move set for K. Rool, I gotta envision him as a cannonball; when he gets going in a direction you better stay the hell outta his way, just like the fight in DKC. It's even more convenient that cannonballs were a part of that battle, so the connection makes sense. I also need to remember that he's a crocodile; claw swipes, biting and "cape" whip attacks are a given, and since he's K. Rool aka a crazy heartless reptile with unfair tricks, frightening strength and surprises, I'm confident I can come up with moves for him.

A cannonball crocodile with brutal strength, shocking speed and jump height with a boomerang crown, armored stomach and unfair tricks up his sleeve...can you feel the creative potential? A move set should be no problem for him.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
K. Rool can have a moveset based on his "multiple personalities."

Down B Costume Change: K. Rool spins really fast in a blur and appears wearing a different costumes from his Kountry games. King, Pirate, and Mad Scientist. His other specials change accordingly, but his A moves stay the same.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Not bad. I'm personally focusing on the King persona, but that's pretty cool to have him change during battle. It fits with his character to show multiple sides, and giving him different B moves would be great in that scenario. I wonder which persona would be the best to use.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here we go, a bit more detailed.

Down B Costume Change: K. Rool spins really fast in a blur and appears wearing a different costumes from his Kountry games. King, Pirate, and Mad Scientist. His other specials change accordingly, but his A moves stay the same.

1. King K. Rool
Toward B Krown Toss: Tosses his Krown forward, it returns much like Link's Boomerang.

B Belly Bounce: Puts his hands on his waist and thrusts his stomach forward. Short range, but good knockback. Can bounce solid projectiles back with high velocity. Can be used on his Krown when it is coming back to him instead of catching it.

Up B Crocodile Leap: Flicks his tail and launches upwards with an open mouth. Goes a little less further than Fire Fox. Mouth snaps close at the end for high KO potential. Can be angled as long as the trajectory is above the King.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Kaptain K. Rool
B Blunderbuss Loadin': Puts a cannon ball, spiked cannon ball, or Klaptrap into his Blunderbuss.

B Fire! (when loaded): Fires a cannon ball, spiked cannon ball, or Klaptrap horizontally depending on which one was loaded. Each has different properties.

Toward B Jet Propulsion: Holds the blunderbuss behind him and fire comes out of the end like in the boss battle. Sends K. Rool forward. On the ground leaves a trail of fire which quickly extinguishes.

Up B Downward Fire: Hops a little upwards and fires downward. Nothing happens after the hop if it is not loaded except for a clicking noise and a confused expression on the Kaptain's face. The shot, if loaded, sends Kaptain upwards. Projectile shoots downward. Effects depends on ammunition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Baron K. Roolenstein
B Electrode: Throws at a metal sphere that hovers slightly above the floor or hovers in the air if used there. Slowly drifts off screen. If anyone touches the metal orb, it shocks them for good damage, decent knockback, and high stun.

Toward B Shock Pulse: Baron hits a switch on his remote control. If an orb is out, it fires quickly left or right depending on the direction pressed. It travels quickly, immersed in electricity. Low damage, low knockback upwards, and low stun.

Up B Propellers: Acts like Pit's Wings. The Baron's tiny propellers rotate allowing him to move freely in the air. Can attack out of it, although his propellers will turn off.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Baron can also bounce like a lunatic, throw grenades or shoot lightning bolts for additional moves, while Kaptain has his various clouds, and could even shoot out flopping fish for a taunt, as he does in DKC2's -true- final battle.

Though K. Rool will probably either use a mixture of his alter egos' attacks or remain as just King, your Down Special is far more enticing, Bowserlick, and it guarantees we'll see the return of K. Rool's costumes and accompanying schizophrenia.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I gave that a like too! It's one of the most interesting (and frankly unexpected) down-B ideas I've seen ever! However, I can't help but feel he's simply gonna have the King persona, but I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think he'll have the King persona as well most likely. And even the Blunderbuss is not a given at this point... Yet, I'd easily take him just to have him in. No doubts.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
K. Rool's gotta get a bite attack he's a freaking crocodile. In real life, a croc can slam its mouth shut with the force of a truck! And just look at those jagged teeth of his--they're practically fangs. I can guarantee that nobody would want those teeth to be pressed into them no matter how much force K. Rool uses with them.

What if he had a down-tilt where he leans on all fours and bites like a Klaptrap? Two bites per press; he probably won't be able to crawl around despite being a crocodile, thanks to his round and armored stomach, but that bite could be pretty strong. If DK and Diddy thought Klaptrap bites were a pain, then I bet they'd be terrified of a chomp from K. Rool.

IDC if K. Rool gets to chomp as a Down Tilt if he appears in SSB4. A Smash Attack, a Special, a Tilt...as long as he uses his jaws for some type of powerful attack I'll be happy.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What if he had a down-tilt where he leans on all fours and bites like a Klaptrap? Two bites per press; he probably won't be able to crawl around despite being a crocodile, thanks to his round and armored stomach, but that bite could be pretty strong. If DK and Diddy thought Klaptrap bites were a pain, then I bet they'd be terrified of a chomp from K. Rool.
He can't possibly lean on all fours. He's just too fat. :laugh:
Rather, He should has Wario-esque chomp/bite attack with a larger range and without the ability to hold the opponent in his mouth. It should be chargeable as well.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I remember Diddy Kong mentioning K. Rool should have an uncharacteristcially fast and powerful move for a heavyweight, since he's a dirty cheater. That's where the biting could come in, as a basic jab. It's a two-hit move where K. Rool first bends forward and opens his jaws, stunning his opponents with his sharp fangs, before clamping down to knock them back. It's essentially a combo-oriented Ganondorf jab, albeit with mediocre range so as to not be too strong an option.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Kutthroats! Little Mac has overtakn our King in the polls!

What must we do?!?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@BKupa: Moves I thought for K.Rool to be quick and show his dirty character are the Bellyflop for example. It'd be an extremely fast, yet not too strong move excellent to keep opponents away and throw a crown in their face. Much like the battle against him in Donkey Kong Land. Another attack which could work as both a strong and fast move is the crocodile death roll. However... That could also work as a down throw maybe? But was thinking Down Smash myself.

As for Little Mac, I think it's more that more people expect him than actually want him. I don't want him, but I do expect him for example. To me, he also seems more likely than K.Rool, but be sure of it that the King is far more popular. That, and he's at least 20 weight classes higher than Mac. He ain't got anything on K.Rool. :smirk:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If any character is more likely than K. Rool, I'd say it's Little Mac. When the biggest criticism anyone can lobby against a character is "they might be boring," you know they're a virtual lock.

That said, popularity-wise, let's see how Little Mac fares against the Kremling King on, I don't know, any Japanese Smash poll ever, then we'll talk? :smirk:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Thanks for the compliments on the moveset. I do think that if Sakurai goes with K. Rool he will go for a King-only incarnation.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I made bunch of recolours today. The character on whom the alt is based is written at bottom right corner. Made with GIMP.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I dunno, I like the Klinger one, too, actually. It's pretty nice.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I particularly like the Klump and Krusha colorings, partially out of my enjoyment of the characters. The Expresso one resembles Necky more closely as well, in my opinion.

Having received plenty of K. Rool color schemes, I wonder whether his in-game colors would change his entire skin tone or just parts of him, like his cape or belly.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
He can't possibly lean on all fours. He's just too fat. :laugh:
Rather, He should has Wario-esque chomp/bite attack with a larger range and without the ability to hold the opponent in his mouth. It should be chargeable as well.
That would make a pretty good smash attack. Or even a special.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Biting could work as a pummel I think. Not sure about other attacks. The King is indeed too girthy bellied to act like a regular crocodile to do a biting attack.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
He could lean forward and do it for a forward smash. Or perhaps he can look straight up with his mouth wide open and then snap it shut as an UpSmash. Next to Ridley, K. Rool has one of the longest mouths of potential popular newcomers. Its gotta have incredible power.

In real life crocs can slam their mouths shut with deadly force, but it takes time for them to raise their upper jaw. I doubt Sakurai will be taking a realistic approach to a cape-wearing croc who jumps like a kangaroo, but that quality could really work for a smash attack or special. The longer its charged the wider his mouth opens, and the wider its opened the harder it comes down. Obviously there'd be a limit to how wide the angle is since he probably can't stretch his jaws to 180 degrees, but it could be a frighteningly strong attack regardless.

I agree that getting on all fours to bite would look weird on him thanks to his gut, but there's other ways to have a bite attack. He's got a mouth like a Klaptrap, and it'd be great of he used it like one...in the ways that's convenient for his...physique.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pummels and throws could work. Though, K.Rool's mouth is auite a bit smaller than regular crocs, so I wouldn't mind no biting attacks actually.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Ah, but his head is similar in size and appearance to a Klaptrap, and those things have quite a bite. I personally like the Klampons though, they just look better IMO. :bee:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I can see K. Rool with some bite attacks. This was posted in the special attack moveset I made.

Up B Crocodile Leap: Flicks his tail and launches upwards with an open mouth. Goes a little less further than Fire Fox. Mouth snaps close at the end for high KO potential. Can be angled as long as the trajectory is above the King.

Also, for a dash A, K. Rool could slide on his belly while snapping his jaws Klaptrap-style.

But I do not picture biting as a forward smash. For that attack, I could picture K. Rool doing the Worm (dance move) twice in succession toward the target.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool is too fat to be in Smash.

He makes Dedede look like he's on Jenny Craig. :troll:

D

Deleted member

I'd imagine they'd be around the same. Bowser's pretty damn heavy with that shell of his.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Pummels and throws could work. Though, K.Rool's mouth is auite a bit smaller than regular crocs, so I wouldn't mind no biting attacks actually.
If anything about K. Rool were to be redesigned for Smash, like that false rumor suggested, it should be his snout's length. This would give him more range for potential bites and chomps from the beginning, rather than just having his head enlarge during those moves, and would also be a realistic change to go along with his (likely) realistic voice.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
King K. Rool

This is a King K. Rool move-set based on his King appearance. He is a heavyweight with multiple movement options. Once K. Rool starts moving and throwing punches, he can overwhelm the opponent with his momentum.

Specials:
Toward B Krown Toss: Tosses his Krown forward, it returns much like Link's Boomerang.

B Belly Bounce: Puts his hands on his waist and thrusts his stomach forward. Short range, but good knockback. Can bounce solid projectiles back with high velocity. Can be used on his Krown when it is coming back to him instead of catching it.

Down B Krown Charge (On Ground): Lowers head and charges forward. Charges forward as long as down B is held. Can be jumped out of, but there is some lag before he can attack.

Down B Krown Charge (Air): Feet start running motions in the air as long as down B is held. Can do low, multi-hit damage. When he hits the floor in this animation, he begins to charge forward.

Fightin' Moves:
A: Wild right swing with a fist
A: Wild right swing, takes a step and does a wild left swing
AAA: Wild right swing, takes a step and does a wild left swing, takes a step forward while clasping both hands above his head and then brings down his hammerfists

Toward A: Quick kick forward with good stun, but low range. If A is pressed during the kick, K. Rool draws an arm back behind him while balanced on one foot and brings it forward in an extended punch.

Crouch: Lays on stomach, with tongue out and one eye closed poorly faking death.
Down A: Makes a swimming motion (breast stroke) forward as he swings his head forcefully from one side to the other. A pressed for repeat.

Up A: Stands on his tippy-toes and twirls with his snout pointed to the sky. Knocks Opponents away. Can juggle.

Dash A: Slides on his stomach while snapping his mouth like a Klaptrap. Goes far.

Down Smash: Spins in place once with a flurry of his cape and both arms extended. Spinning clothesline. Fast with decent horizontal KO potential.

Forward Smash: Does the worm. A dance move where he flops forward onto his stomach. A can be pressed again for a second belly flop forward.

Up Smash: Face screen, crouches, and throws one right uppercut quickly. Force takes K. Rool off the ground as high as the height of one Mario. A can be pressed again during the animation for a second left uppercut which lifts the crocodile higher. Has one jump he can use after the move.

Aerial Attacks:
Nuetral A: Curls his knees up to his stomach and grabs them while spinning about. An aerial crocodile cannonball. If he hits the ground, during the move he bounces upwards. Bounce height depends on how far K. Rool falls. Can be done over and over until he runs out of height. Lag coming out of move.

Back A: K. Rool does a spinning backhand which turns him to face the opposite direction.

Forward A: K. Rool throws both fists forward with his body stretched out completely parallel with the floor below. Lag if he hits the ground in execution.

Down A: Does a spit with his legs and throws a fist downward. Decent Meteor Smash.

Up A: Holds his crown on his head with both hands, does a somersault, and kicks upwards with both feet.

Throws:
Pummel: An open handed slap

Forward Throw: Bowls the opponent forward. Opponent rolls on the ground. Damage is done as the enemy rolls. Roll is determined by their percentage. Can roll off the stage.

Down Throw: Puts his mouth over their head. Then jumps a little and does a Death Roll. Spins horizantally with foe's head in mouth and both crash to the floor. Enemy bounces upwards stunned and K. Rool has lag getting up. Highest damaging throw out of the cast.

Up Throw: Reaches down and grabs opponent's legs and stands back up while hurling them straight above. Low damage, but good power for a quick move

Back Throw: With one hand, tosses the foe over his shoulder. Quick, decent power with a curved trajectory.

Techniques:
Glide: K. Rool does a slow descent with his cape billowing and his hands flapping at his side. Cannot go up and down like other glides.
Glide Attack: Does one spin while he snaps his jaws closed for a bite.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
And yet, we will still get posts like this one below, twisting or falsifying Miyamoto's statements for anti-K. Rool purposes. We'll just have to be prepared to shoot them down once they begin flooding in post-E3.
I see you quoted me, but i still stand by what i said.

Top Bottom