• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Meh, to be honest guys I would HATE if due to time problems (reaching dateline, etc) or something like that Sakurai decides to include Dixie (as a clone/luigified/whatever of Diddy) instead of K.Rool.

Dont get me wrong, I do think dixie could be a totally original character, but I only support her inclusion if we get the King first

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That moveset's awesome, although I'm still a fan of chargable neutral-B Blunderbuss and side-B crown throw. Nice to see some variation though!

I'd really prefer NOT the Crystal Banana FS over Blast-o-Matic or Cannonball Rain, but if they go with that one it's not too bad.

Speaking of awesome videos, you guys have seen this right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wok7BdgDd4I

I can't remember if I found that here originally, but it's hilarious.

@JhMS: If that's the case, Dixie is still awesome. However, I don't think we've got anything to worry about, and K. Rool will eventually grace the shores of Smash regardless. But seriously, Smash 4 is our moment. Don't worry about it.
Caution in everything, but that's life, man.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Yep, lets hope for his confirmation. Besides, thanks to the pre-brawl days Ive learned not to be waaay optimistic about new characters (hell, I thought Ridley was definitely in). Anyway, we just have to wait.

And I agree about the side B. The crown throw fits just perfectly. And my favorite FS has to be the "fake credits" thing (a one hit KO maybe).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Fake Credits Final Smash could have him lie death (like losing a stamina match) and all other characters start taunting. And then K.Rool does, something?

Liked that K.Rool campain video dude. But can't help thinking he looks far too skinny. :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's true the suit is hilariously skinny, but I'm sure finding a giant K. Rool fat-suit is even harder than it sounds. Let alone moving around in one! Hah!

:phone:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The Fake Credits Final Smash could have him lie death (like losing a stamina match) and all other characters start taunting. And then K.Rool does, something?
That "something" being beating up the other characters off screen in a comical fashion while the credits roll. Bonus points if the credits make up mock names of the staff that developed the game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He wouldn't be beating up the other characters while the credits were rolling because he'd be faking death. A better thing would be for it to stop, him get up and do something. Hopefully with the other characters having their eyes pop out of their heads in surprise.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking more like this

But I have no idea how I wrote hands instead of head

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think I have a pretty cool concept for a Kredits final smash.

Basically, K. Rool would play dead and opponents would taunt...then, the Kredits start coming up, scattered around the stage willy-nilly. Each 'kredit' serves as a fairly long solid platform that travels up and off the screen top at a very fast speed, carrying the taunting characters up with them to their doom (since they're initially immobile during their taunt). Basically, each Kredit is positioned onstage in a way that, even if opponents try to run off the sides of the kredit and escape, another kredit will be rising up where they would fall down, so it would be difficult to stay alive. Maybe some kredits could explode in a flurry of letters at random when landed on by characters, launching them up even if they're successfully escaping?

It's a concept that would need balancing for sure, but getting carried away by the Kredits would be a great underhanded 'gotcha' moment for K. Rool the first time he pulled it off against a crowd of new players.
And it's now almost certainly what I'll use in the K. Rool moveset I'm drafting at the moment.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
@BKupa666 that idea is great, and very original. The fact that the King has a lot of potential even in his FS is just amazing.
Heres another idea: K.Rool calls KAOS from DKC3 to the stage and it starts to attack the others (lasers, blades, punch if someone gets to close, etc).

Very unlikely since Country 3 doesnt get any attention from Nintendo, but it would be sooooo cool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
His Blunderbuss could also shoot out random gasses as in the DKC2 battle vs him.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wonder if Sakurai will even try to fit all of the blunderbuss' projectiles into K. Rool's moveset. He has cannonballs, spiked cannonballs, and three different types of gases...that's a whole lot to condense down into just an attack or two.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I fully expect just cannonballs, and, if charged, spiked cannonballs.

I also think it's wholly logical to expect a random chance on a disorienting or freezing mist, that works a bit like Gordo (in terms of chance)

Or the spikes could be the chance, with charge just affecting distance. Hmm...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
@BKupa666 that idea is great, and very original. The fact that the King has a lot of potential even in his FS is just amazing.
Heres another idea: K.Rool calls KAOS from DKC3 to the stage and it starts to attack the others (lasers, blades, punch if someone gets to close, etc).

Very unlikely since Country 3 doesnt get any attention from Nintendo, but it would be sooooo cool.
Speaking of DKC3, I wouldn't mind if Bleak the snowman or one of the bears (Banjo's relatives?) were assist trophies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really expect stuff like Kritters or Klaptraps for ATs, or the Klump/Krusha duo in the OP.

The Brother's Bear would be hilarious though. Like what if they pull a Resetti and distract opponents with tales of their travels/youth?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well yeah. I'd expect those sort of Kremlings as ATs. That's kind of a given, but wouldn't mind seeing what I mentioned too. For having some unique bosses like Bleak, DKC3 gets very little credit.

As for the bears, yeah. That would be funny, or something like Barter Bear giving you a random OP item at the cost of... a life? :troll: Would also be amusing if they had this music of theirs as an extra stage soundtrack. Odd that it was missing from the GBA version of the game, from what I remember.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Krusha as a AT would be jokes lol and when you try hit hit with standard moves he just stands there and laughs with his chest out. you need a fully charged smash attack to kill him or 3/4 normal ones xD.

Yo RidleyPrime was up homeboy. we we gone find you xD

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You don't have to run and confess
We lookin for you
We gon find you
We gon find you
So you can run and tell that
Run and tell that
Homeboy (home,home,homeboy)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What would you guys do if we didn't get any iteration of K.Rool we have seen so far.

What if we got a brand new one?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kagefighter K.Rool anyone?

Krusher K.Rool

Karate K.Rool

Kung Fu K.Rool

Kombat K.Rool

Killer K.Rool

Kruncher K.Rool

Korporal K.Rool

All legit options I'd say. :reverse:

I'd be down for it yeah! Sakurai could probably come up with something awesome.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
I could have some problems with that idea. I mean, we have the King (most iconic), the pirate (awesome) and the scientist (awesome too). Why would Sakurai create a new one when we have some excellent ones already? Franky I dont see a reason to do that.

Yeah, Im more for the classical ones.

D

Deleted member

Why is everyone going for the "insert title with K" K. Rool names?
I mean, we got Baron K. Roolenstein, so why not go for a bit more creativity?

I don't remember where I heard it, but I heard of "Emperor K. Roolius" somewhere...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mr. K. Roolsworth could make a nice Steampunk-themed K. Rool. That'd be pretty cool.

I like Emperor K. Roolius as well.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Emperor K. Roolius was my suggestion a while back in this thread. :awesome:

Really, what's most important to me is that K. Rool the individual gets into Smash, and whatever costumes he brings would be icing on the cake. If K. Rool was given a new costume for Smash, would he still use his DKC weapons?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The cherry on top of the cake would be the announcer saying different names for K. Rool depending on the costume, yelling "Kaptain K. Rool" or "Baron K. Roolstein" for his DKC2 and DKC3 costumes instead of the usual "King K. Rool."

Perhaps if K. Rool is voice acted, his taunt and winning quotes could also change?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The cherry on top of the cake would be the announcer saying different names for K. Rool depending on the costume, yelling "Kaptain K. Rool" or "Baron K. Roolstein" for his DKC2 and DKC3 costumes instead of the usual "King K. Rool."

Perhaps if K. Rool is voice acted, his taunt and winning quotes could also change?
It's because of his costumes we theorized a while back that the announcer might simply call out "K. Rool," as well as to not confuse Japanese players who still buy into the brother theory.

In that latter case, Kaptain would speak in pirate dialect, while Baron would, once again, quote Scooby-Doo?

Much appreciated, Golden ;)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
We're trying to find Ridley_Prime?

*sends out Klaptrap guards*

What did I do this time? :(

Kombat K Rool?

SCORPION CONFIRMED! :troll:

And Killer K. Rool? Fulgore confirmed!

If K. Rool was given a new costume for Smash, would he still use his DKC weapons?
By all means, he should.

Something like that Emperor K. Roolius I think is the only new version of the character I would accept.

If it's King K. Rool, one of his voice taunts of course should be "The power of the crystal coconut!".

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
King K. Rool would be a marvelous addition to this game. Sign me up as a Kutthroat!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
New question: do you guys think K. Rool should use minions at all within his moveset? It's been suggested that he bring out Klaptraps, as in DK64, and one of Crusade's drafted movesets had him summoning Kritters. Both could be unique, but might also infringe on Dedede's territory a tad...

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
mmmm I would like the klaptrap thing, having them work similar(not identical) to Dededes DownB.
It would be a solid choice for a DownB. Still, I dont see Sakurai going that far for the moveset(coflazycof).

I think we will get a ground pound as his down special (ala Bowser and Yoshi, but different dynamics)

Top Bottom