• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd prefer as much DKC-repping as possible if you ask me. The dream outcome in my opinion is K. Rool and a Dixie/Kiddy teamup. Although like I've said before, Dixie would likely be a luigified version of Diddy with lots of changes.

That to me is still fine, because Wolf-like clones are still pretty interesting

:phone:
Yes. That's pretty much what I want too.

Playable Characters: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie & Kiddy (team), King K. Rool

Assist Trophies: Rambi, Donkey Kong Jr. (if he is not a last minute semi-clone of Donkey Kong), Stanley the Bugman

Adventure Mode bosses: Tiki Tong

Stages: Jungle Hijinxs from Donkey Kong Country Returns, Gangplank Galleon from Donkey Kong Country 2, Super Mini-Mario World from Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, 75m (past stage)

Items: Barrel Cannon, Hammer, Spring, Mini-Mario (toys that latch onto enemies like Olimar's Pikmin)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Due to Kranky being a stage hazard on 75m I think his chances being playable are pretty solid.:troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That reminds me, there was a guy who claimed Funky was more likely then K Rool a while back.
That was Pieman, who was one of the main users of the "K. Rool is generic and is therefore unlikely" argument in the old thread. In fact, half of the old K. Rool thread was just people debating him about how K. Rool's vague similarities to King Koopa have no impact on his Smash chances.

Stuff like that makes me value the sensible Kuttroat community we have now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ohh that Pieman... :rolleyes: He never ceases to amaze me with, well, unintelligence. To keep it civil. ;)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The only thing common between Bowser and K. Rool is their reptilian appearance. Doesn't signify.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K.Rool doing Whirling Fortress and Fire Breath is something I'd really, really like to see. :reverse:

Just wtf are these people?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He sort of did it in Jungle Climber though. But only with the use of Crystal Bananas.

D

Deleted member

I think it's very hypocritical of Pieman to say K. Rool would be generic, yet he supports Funky Kong, who for all intents and purposes, is the same as DK, but with clothes.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah Funky could probably be a slightly unique, at best a Luigi-fied DK clone at this point. He'd definitely use his surfboard and air plane somehow.

But Pieman shouldn't be taken seriously. Just another bad weed in the garden of Smash speculation. :rolleyes:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I would actually love to play Funky Kong, but I want to see K.Rool first. Or both. There's no rule for not having both.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Stuff like that makes me value the sensible Kuttroat community we have now.
Oh man, I hear that. Back then, we had so many people in the "Be happy with Diddy crowd" or the "K. Rool's never going to be in because ugly and boring."

While I was happy with Diddy, the rest of it wasn't very fair to a really unique Nintendo villain. Kremling Power was a mess near the end.

I'm glad we've got so many sensible peeps to form a wall of logic in the impending rush.

<3 you guys!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Wait, people were using attractiveness as an arguement? lol:wario:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Group hug everybody?
SO MANY GROUP HUGS!

And yeah, I heard the "ugliness" argument alot. People get stupid. It's amazing to me how the K. Rool support has changed, though.

I think even former nay-sayers are going "Y'know, he actually does work...oh well..."

Yay!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes. Group hug.

Kutttroats are much better than Kremling Power. As Kremling Power was also against Diddy at some point. Which is ridiculous easily...

The Kutttroat Kommunity is actually well organised and respectful. It even ignores the slight rivality going on between K.Rool and Ridley. And most Kutttroats agree Dixie should also be in.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think one of those reasons is that most Kutthroats also believe Ridley should be in, and vice-versa.

Honestly, I think we have good chemistry going on between groups. We rock!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well yeah that also helps a lot I think. But a certain Someone likes to troll us still. :smirk:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool, Ridley and Dixie should all eventually find their place as playable Smashers, though the former two have no excuse not to appear this time.

I've also grown fond of our Kommunity in comparison to Kremling Power because of the higher quality of discussion everyone contributes. And this extends beyond this thread, really everywhere except for a few fringe posters in the Ridley thread and that one guy a few pages back here. But it allows for a healthier thread dynamic regardless.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...Can ...can I be part of that Kutthroat list thing... I'm sorry that I post dumb things sometimes BUTBUT SOMETIMES I FEEL INADEQUATE NEXT TO BKUPA.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Bowser and Ganon took a break? :p

They weren't in Super Mario Land or Majora's Mask, so they're irrelevant and Miyamoto hates them. Durr.

*adds Oasis* In case anyone wasn't sure, or if any newcomers see this, I only add people to as Kutthroats if they clearly state they support K. Rool. I remember back when the Funky thread was first made (lol), the OP added every single person who posted to a support list and took flak for it. That won't happen here. ;)

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
EDIT: Grammer

Yo just read the response to my last post. Jeez didn't think you guys would flip so hard.

Especially, ganondorf4ever. Jesus dude you have some issues man.

I still think K.Rool is ridiculous, but man I've been criticized for stating my own opinions and than stating that I'm fine with differing opinions. Craziness...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Yo just read the response to my last post. Jeez didn't think you guys would flip so hard.

I still think K.Rool is ridiculous, but man I've been criticized for stating my own opinions and than stating that I'm fine with differing opinions. Craziness...
Like you were simply stating your opinion.

You're opening line was

"WHY K.ROOL SUCKS!!!"

I believe you are a troll sir.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No one would criticize a valid reason. It's ridiculous that someone is calling K. Rool ridiculous.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Coming into a SUPPORT thread and BASHING the character the thread is about. "Why K Rool Sucks"

At least don't bash him when stating your opinion and the Kutthroats would've been nicer.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dude! I got a special mention! Awesome!

The moral of the story is, don't go into the Captain America fan club and tell them Superman could beat his ***. It's just stupid, and serves no purpose.

Opinions like that, troll or not, are for sharing *elsewhere*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
...Can ...can I be part of that Kutthroat list thing... I'm sorry that I post dumb things sometimes BUTBUT SOMETIMES I FEEL INADEQUATE NEXT TO BKUPA.
Only if you're Sorry though bro. :smirk: :awesome:

And yeah, I like the harmony we have in the support threads MOSTLY now. It can get a little heated when discussing Pokemon, Mario, Zelda or Fire Emblem, but everything else is mostly cool.

K.Rool doesn't suck though and if you're serious about this, better come with some arguments.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
To be fair, I used to be highly critical of Dixie's inclusion, just because I thought people were overrating her because of the Forbidden 7 discovery. But upon reflection, I decided there's no real point to such unnecessary conflict, especially when so much of it exists within the series where competition for slots actually exists.

Plus, the more DKC representation in Smash, the better, both for Smash and for the prospects of a new game within the franchise.

Top Bottom