• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

Final Smash: turn to the background, Kraid style in Brinstar Debts, Melee and attack the stage so people fall off.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

No, Ridley can't do it. Besides, he'd be a Dyna Blade clone. :smirk:
But K. Rool is a Kraid clone

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But Fal, Bowser's a turtle. They can be any size. K. Rool is a crocodile. Have you ever seen a small, playable-sized crocodile?

D

Deleted member

But Fal, Bowser's a turtle. They can be any size. K. Rool is a crocodile. Have you ever seen a small, playable-sized crocodile?
Besides, that game that he's small and playable has been retconnected to that other game where he is a boss and too big

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Besides, that game that he's small and playable has been retconnected to that other game where he is a boss and too big
In DK Jungle Climber he's hardly bigger than DK. He just uses the power of the Crystal Bananas to grow that size. When he's defeated, he's regular size again...

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Can you guys add me as a supporter? (or Kutthroat :p) I've decided to REALLY get hyped for K. Rool to be included :D Definitely in my top 3 after playing through DKC1-3 and 64 recently :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I guess Ridley used the same power
Ridley has 3 of them for breakfast, and is really keen on Super Mushrooms as well. One could call it an addiction.

Then again, if you've grown from this:

It's quite understandable.

Man I do miss the K.Rool & Ridley rivality sometimes... Remember we where supposed to do a rap battle between them!?

D

Deleted member

Ridley has 3 of them for breakfast, and is really keen on Super Mushrooms as well. One could call it an addiction.

Then again, if you've grown from this:

It's quite understandable.

Man I do miss the K.Rool & Ridley rivality sometimes... Remember we where supposed to do a rap battle between them!?
A rap battle? :shades:

D

Deleted member

Yes! Ask around! We where really into it, even if the Kuttroaths easily blew the gang of extremely obsessed Ridley-side away. :awesome:

The thread of the BEST reptilian villain, mind you!
How dare you, we all know Kraid is the best reptilian villain

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
How dare you, we all know Kraid is the best reptilian villain
Yes, but only MINI-Kraid would work as playable in smash! and technically Ridley(and Kraid) are aliens that just so happen to look like earth reptiles, while K.Rool is a genetically modified crocodile, and thus ACTUALY a Reptile

So K.Rool wins by being the only actual reptile!

D

Deleted member

Yes, but only MINI-Kraid would work as playable in smash! and technically Ridley(and Kraid) are aliens that just so happen to look like earth reptiles, while K.Rool is a genetically modified crocodile, and thus ACTUALY a Reptile

So K.Rool wins by being the only actual reptile!
Even if they are aliens, there is no way that they can have all the caracteristics of a reptile and not being considered one.
I just want the two reptiles so I can start supporting Kraid, damnit!

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Could someone explain why Chunky Kong would help K. Rool? Who even is Chunky Kong?(no, I didn't play DK 64)
Chunky last appeared in DK64, a game that came out ages ago, and was chosen from among several more relevant, more important DK characters like Funky, Candy, Dixie (assuming she isn't playable), K. Rool (assuming he isn't playable), Cranky, etc.

Chunky is to "MUH RELEVANCY!" what the "Smash isn't always to scale" PotD was to "RIDLEY'S TOO BIG!".

Either Sakurai is handing out hints to popular favorites or he's literally the worst person on the face of the planet. :p

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Chunky last appeared in DK64, a game that came out ages ago, and was chosen from among several more relevant, more important DK characters like Funky, Candy, Dixie (assuming she isn't playable), K. Rool (assuming he isn't playable), Cranky, etc.

Chunky is to "MUH RELEVANCY!" what the "Smash isn't always to scale" PotD was to "RIDLEY'S TOO BIG!".

Either Sakurai is handing out hints to popular favorites or he's literally the worst person on the face of the planet. :p
Can't really say that AT's are looked at in the same way, they dip into the past for those regardless so this is no different to any other series that has them. So far all the stages save for past ones have been recent titles since brawl, AT's are all over, and most newcomers are from the current era especially if the gematsu leak continues to be fulfilled. Chunky doesn't really mean they are dipping into the past for everything.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Other than the blow to "muhrelevancy", I just really want to see Chunky again; he was my favorite Kong in DK64. And he's the only one out of that group who has yet to see a non-cameo appearance since then. Hell, Chunky's PINEAPPLE LAUNCHER has been more important to the series since DK64, since it was an item in Barrel Blast.

Anyway, off my soapbox. Back to K. Rool.

D

Deleted member

If K. Rool gets in, they need to use the version of the animated series(or whatever it's called), with the voice and everything

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
If K. Rool gets in, they need to use the version of the animated series(or whatever it's called), with the voice and everything
I think another voice that would be perfect for K.Rool is the DK64 voice or a being voiced by Charlie Adler. Charlie Adler voiced characters like Cow and Chicken and the Red Guy. I think his Red Guy voice would be perfect for K.Rool.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
You know, the whole Dixie relevance thing can be turned into our side, the Gematsu leak is most likely and all the newcomers listed have something to promote(well, maybe except Choir Boys, but, Sakurai), my guess is that K. Rool will be a hidden char, IF Dixie was our new DK rep this time, she would have been revealed to promote TF, K. Rool doesn't promote any recent games, making sense to keep him hidden until the game's release
If the whole 'Dixie would have been revealed at Tropical Freeze's release for promotion' really mattered then why was Greninja revealed a lot later from X and Y's release? Sakurai will reveal newcomers when he reveals newcomers.

D

Deleted member

If the whole 'Dixie would have been revealed at Tropical Freeze's release for promotion' really mattered then why was Greninja revealed a lot later from X and Y's release? Sakurai will reveal newcomers when he reveals newcomers.
Because he would give away that transformations are gone, everyone thought Greninja was going to come with the Kalos Trainer, also, we got Sonic in October's Direct, Rosalina to promote 3D world in December and Little Mac in february because of Punch-Out's anniversary

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Because he would give away that transformations are gone, everyone thought Greninja was going to come with the Kalos Trainer, also, we got Sonic in October's Direct, Rosalina to promote 3D world in December and Little Mac in february because of Punch-Out's anniversary
How would Greninja's reveal deconfirm transformations? Is it because of Charizard being alone? If that's the case then why was Zelda revealed without Sheik?

Also, Little Mac could have been the reason she wasn't revealed at the February direct because Punch-Out's anniversary and TF's release share the same month. Why would Nintendo reveal two newcomers at the same month (besides E3)?

But again, I don't see how any of this actually matters. It's not like every fighter has to be revealed at a specific time.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
actualy, I heard that they waited to reveal Greninja because they didn't want anyone biased towards any one starter in X&Y, and keep the surprise out there

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
actualy, I heard that they waited to reveal Greninja because they didn't want anyone biased towards any one starter in X&Y, and keep the surprise out there
Everyone was already biased toward him anyway, since I'm 99% Gamefreak went out of their way to justify his Smash Bros. inclusion by making him the best of the Kalos starters by far in terms of usefulness.

Though I'll still always love Feraligatr the best, which is quite fitting for this thread.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's arguable that they've planned each newcomer reveal with a specific game release or anniversary though. Rosalina's trailer had nothing to do with 3D World, and Little Mac, if we didn't look it up, we would've had no clue that it was his anniversary month considering that Sakurai didn't give any attention to it. Same with the other newcomers as there weren't any overt ties to their franchise's release dates or anniversaries.

So to be fair, Dixie could still be revealed whenever, Tropical Freeze wasn't her only chance. I still do think King K. Rool has the better chance between the two though for different reasons.

That's the first I'm hearing of that actually, and truthfully, I don't think GF really cares that much. They've shown favoritism to certain starters over others before (Charizard being the most obvious), so I don't think that stopped Sakurai from revealing Greninja at XY's release.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Sorry, but it was terrible from a coding, balance, and gameplay perspective, which is why it's dead. The Pokémon Trainer took the time of roughly 5 newcomers because it made the programmers, aka the most important people, super busy for a super long time.

Plus, the character switching mechanic was boring, dumb, buggy (you know the loading screen=??? Depending on how long it took depended upon how long the transformation switch for transformation characters took) and hindered the uniqueness of the individual characters that were a part of it.

That's why we'll never see those abominations or the likes of say Diddy/Dixie again, and why good ideas like K. Rool will reign supreme.
so, transformations poor in the game. Fine, no contesting. PT has huge merit, give him a new role

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
ALERT K. ROOL IS NOT BLOODY COMPETING WITH DIXIE ALERT

Tropical Freeze's release technically was not Dixie's only chance to be shown off, but it was certainly the biggest. There's also that the bandwagon that assembled after Tropical Freeze was continually preaching about how Dixie would surely be shown off at the next available opportunity for months. That "obvious reveal" blew up in their faces time and time again to the point where people starting realizing "You know what? Muhrelevance isn't all it's cracked up to be, and I should stop basing my predictions completely and utterly on that crap."

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Tropical Freeze's release technically was not Dixie's only chance to be shown off, but it was certainly the biggest. There's also that the bandwagon that assembled after Tropical Freeze was continually preaching about how Dixie would surely be shown off at the next available opportunity for months. That "obvious reveal" blew up in their faces time and time again to the point where people starting realizing "You know what? Muhrelevance isn't all it's cracked up to be, and I should stop basing my predictions completely and utterly on that crap."

Umm... I don't really see how K. Rool not competing with Dixie and Dixie not being revealed alongside TF are related.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
secret characters aren't being shown, we wouldn't know anyway

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Umm... I don't really see how K. Rool not competing with Dixie and Dixie not being revealed alongside TF are related.
Because most mentions of Dixie in this thread carry the intention of comparing her to K. Rool, which I'm not doing here.

I think @ Johnknight1 Johnknight1 said it best a while back, we play as characters, not "slots."

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
secret characters aren't being shown, we wouldn't know anyway
3rd party characters have been secret characters every smash game, as has Marth, child Link, and Luigi, and yet we know they're in the game.

Also Mr. Game & Watch is usually one of the last characters revealed.

On top of that, secret characters aren't confirmed to be a thing anymore.

For Smash WiiU there is an especially strong chance there won't be any.
I think @ Johnknight1 Johnknight1 said it best a while back, we play as characters, not "slots."
The game developers deciding the roster don't think and say "oh no, we only have this many slots" or "oh no, we can only have 1 new DK rep".

No. They think and say "what can this character potentially bring to the game with this idea, that idea, or even these ideas?".

Dixie and especially K. Rool IMO have A TON to work with, and bring a lot of things that no other candidate brings, most of which is very evident. That's what they've been so strongly considered by fans and the development team for playable characters in Smash 4, and that's why we talk about them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom