• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
ALERT K. ROOL IS NOT BLOODY COMPETING WITH DIXIE ALERT
This. A thousand times this. Dixie and K. Rool both have their individual merits that could get them into the game. /argument
At this point, I'm fairly confident we'll get both anyway if DLC is happening, so I'm not worried.

Also,
Dixie and especially K. Rool IMO have A TON to work with, and bring a lot of things that no other candidate brings, most of which is very evident. That's what they've been so strongly considered by fans and the development team for playable characters in Smash 4, and that's why we talk about them.
Thank you. I completely agree.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
3rd party characters have been secret characters every smash game.
Now, I don't have any particular opinion either way with this argument, but this is such a logical fallacy that I had to say something.

You can't say for sure that Third Parties are all secret because we have a grand total of one instance to compare it to. It could very well be that Snake was kept secret because he's...well, typically trying to remain secret, and that Sonic was secret because he was added last minute and wasn't added into the nearly-completed Subspace Emissary. It may have been true in Brawl, but that is not necessarily the end-all rule to go by.

Like, let me explain it with simple maths. Let's say that you're an amateur mathematician trying to prove that X + Y = Z always results in an even number for Z. You check the equation when X = 1 and Y = 3. So you get 1 + 3 = 4, and, lo and behold, Z is even. You then suffer some sort of a traumatic brain injury and remember only this about mathematics. You know that this specific instance results in an even number for Z. You then proclaim to the world that you are a brilliant mathematician that has unlocked a new understanding of the universe in general. You are later put into an insanity ward with others suffering from the same, startlingly common condition. The doctors diagnose you and your fellow wardmates with severe unicaseantilogidystrophy. The head Neurologist and Semi-Senior-Amateur Mathematician Masahiro Sakurai [laughs] at your ignorance as he changes Y to 2 and gets an odd answer, foiling your plans for unlocking the secrets of the universe and everything.

You are later cured and resign yourself to the fact that you are now considered a disgrace to mathematics as a whole and study to become a scatologist. You eat ramen noodles for the rest of your life and die at the age of 87; surrounded by family and friends. Your dear wife's eulogy at your funeral has only one line to it.

"His job was his life."

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Now, I don't have any particular opinion either way with this argument, but this is such a logical fallacy that I had to say something.

You can't say for sure that Third Parties are all secret because we have a grand total of one instance to compare it to. It could very well be that Snake was kept secret because he's...well, typically trying to remain secret, and that Sonic was secret because he was added last minute and wasn't added into the nearly-completed Subspace Emissary. It may have been true in Brawl, but that is not necessarily the end-all rule to go by.

Like, let me explain it with simple maths. Let's say that you're an amateur mathematician trying to prove that X + Y = Z always results in an even number for Z. You check the equation when X = 1 and Y = 3. So you get 1 + 3 = 4, and, lo and behold, Z is even. You then suffer some sort of a traumatic brain injury and remember only this about mathematics. You know that this specific instance results in an even number for Z. You then proclaim to the world that you are a brilliant mathematician that has unlocked a new understanding of the universe in general. You are later put into an insanity ward with others suffering from the same, startlingly common condition. The doctors diagnose you and your fellow wardmates with severe unicaseantilogidystrophy. The head Neurologist and Semi-Senior-Amateur Mathematician Masahiro Sakurai [laughs] at your ignorance as he changes Y to 2 and gets an odd answer, foiling your plans for unlocking the secrets of the universe and everything.

You are later cured and resign yourself to the fact that you are now considered a disgrace to mathematics as a whole and study to become a scatologist. You eat ramen noodles for the rest of your life and die at the age of 87; surrounded by family and friends. Your dear wife's eulogy at your funeral has only one line to it.

"His job was his life."
lolwut

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

"His job was his life."

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

"His job was his life."
That was epically hilarious!:laugh:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
3rd party characters have been secret characters every smash game, as has Marth, child Link, and Luigi, and yet we know they're in the game.

Also Mr. Game & Watch is usually one of the last characters revealed.

On top of that, secret characters aren't confirmed to be a thing anymore.

For Smash WiiU there is an especially strong chance there won't be any.

The game developers deciding the roster don't think and say "oh no, we only have this many slots" or "oh no, we can only have 1 new DK rep".

No. They think and say "what can this character potentially bring to the game with this idea, that idea, or even these ideas?".

Dixie and especially K. Rool IMO have A TON to work with, and bring a lot of things that no other candidate brings, most of which is very evident. That's what they've been so strongly considered by fans and the development team for playable characters in Smash 4, and that's why we talk about them.
we have sakurais proclamation and viewed patterns for love of surprise

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

"His job was his life."
As a Mathematics major, I say to this analogy "yes."
Math is love.
Math is life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welcome aboard, now, if someone that isn't lazy like me could link you to the obligatory welcoming video...
EDIT: Here it goes
EDIT 2: I question Nintendo sometimes for not using those voice actors for DK and K. Rool again

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...I was eating a hamburger right before watching that. D:

K. Rool kind of looks like one. The green is lettuce, the gold is cheese or mustard, and the cape is ketchup.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Where can I get these hamburgers?

I'm neutral towards K Rool but find him more interesting then Dixie, add me to support if there is one

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I could just play Donkey Kong Country if I wanted to fight him as a boss on Gangplank Galleon, boy I hope that's false, it better be.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

"His job was his life."
This is all I can think of when I read this...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
we have sakurais proclamation and viewed patterns for love of surprise
1. Wait what?

2. Not everything is a surprise. Little Mac, Little Mac, and Palutena were not treated like surprises.

3. Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, and Chorus Men, yes. However, that's not the only way to "surprise" people. You can do that with your presentation. Everyone (with a functioning brain) saw Sonic in Brawl and Mega Man in Smash 4 coming a mile away, but the presentation for both of them for said games via their reveal trailers were very "surprising". Also Ike being confirmed on the Brawl Dojo like he was nearly 7 years ago was a GIGANTIC SURPRISE, even though most of us figured he would be playable.
Thank you. I completely agree.
You are welcome. ;)

Last edited:

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
This is making me want to watch that DK show again. My childhood.

Dixie is one of my favorite characters of all time, I want her in so bad. But I doubt it.

K Rool would be great too.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
No no no no no no no.
I'm confident it's fake though cause Gamefaqs and Falco is usually a secret character and therefore not confirmed before release. Would be an odd move on Sakurai's part to reveal him early. I mean, Luigi was because of the Year of Luigi, and 3rd party characters because hype.
Admittedly it would mean Shulk and Mewtwo are confirmed and I'd be happy with that, but I'd still be bloody pissed off. Allow me to quote myself from earlier:
Except that if the Yellow Devil is anything to go by, bosses are just intrusive and annoying. I would hate for people unfamiliar to the DKC franchise to see K. Rool as just an annoying stage hazard.
Basically, to sum up my views on this hopefully fake "leak":

Last edited:
Top Bottom