• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't stand for anything to date. It's just to make a pun of the word "cruel", so that's why I think the best pronunciation is "ka-rool", like in the cartoon. But "kay rool" is still valid I guess, in fact I used to call him like that before I noticed the pun.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
So. How do ya'll pronnounce K. Rool. I always say it as "kay rool".
Same here. "K." is an initial, so that's technically how it should be pronounced.
According to the boxing ring announcer in dk64, "krusha", king krusha rool.
The announcer says "King Krusha K. Rool", which is the name of his boxer persona. So no, K doesn't stand for Krusha.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't stand for anything to date. It's just to make a pun of the word "cruel", so that's why I think the best pronunciation is "ka-rool", like in the cartoon. But "kay rool" is still valid I guess, in fact I used to call him like that before I noticed the pun.
Hmm, "ka-rool" kind of defeats the point of the pun. It's so close to "cruel" it just makes you think why not just call him Cruel? Kay Rool is much more deliberate.

Besides the name is King K. Rool. The initial is important.
(It's Michael J Fox, not Michael Jefox.)

Groose

Smash Champion
So. How do ya'll pronnounce K. Rool. I always say it as "kay rool".
In the cartoon, they say, "KUH-Rool."

In all other media, it's supposed to be "KAY-Rool."

I use both, but I go with "KAY-Rool" more frequently.

Are there any games that the kremlings are in that K. Rool is absent from?
The Mario Strikers series is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Kritters serve as the goalies, but there's no K. Rool in sight.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
The Mario Strikers series is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Kritters serve as the goalies, but there's no K. Rool in sight.
LOL, thank God for that. K. Rool is way above those games. ;)

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
LOL, thank God for that. K. Rool is way above those games. ;)
Hey! I'd argue to the bitter end that the first one is one of the ten best games on the Gamecube. I was never a fan of how the sequel slowed the gameplay down, but I still adore the first game even today.

...of course, this discussion has reminded me of one of my favorite K. Rool related pictures...

[collapse=Bonus: Klump und Krusha]

[/collapse]

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Hey! I'd argue to the bitter end that the first one is one of the ten best games on the Gamecube. I was never a fan of how the sequel slowed the gameplay down, but I still adore the first game even today.

...of course, this discussion has reminded me of one of my favorite K. Rool related pictures...

[collapse=Bonus: Klump und Krusha]

[/collapse]
So you're saying you'd WANT to see K. Rool to show upo there and act like an out-of-character, violent ass instead of his usual badass, unstable, crazy self?

I can't be the only one on this earth who thinks Strikers is a perversion of all Mario and Co. stand for...

Groose

Smash Champion
So you're saying you'd WANT to see K. Rool to show upo there and act like an out-of-character, violent *** instead of his usual badass, unstable, crazy self?
Would K. Rool be out-of-character if he acted like a violent ass? We are talking about the guy who stole a bunch of bananas just to make a crew of innocent apes starve to death.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Would K. Rool be out-of-character if he acted like a violent ***? We are talking about the guy who stole a bunch of bananas just to make a crew of innocent apes starve to death.
Ok.... I'll change subjects before I end up fighting and de-railing this thread. :p

I know Diddy was the main DK series squeeze in Brawl. But I find it odd that the Gangplank Galleon's music is there, with K. Rool's name on it, and he's still not in there in moving form (PC, AT, etc. Am I the only one?

D

Deleted member

You know, the whole Dixie relevance thing can be turned into our side, the Gematsu leak is most likely and all the newcomers listed have something to promote(well, maybe except Choir Boys, but, Sakurai), my guess is that K. Rool will be a hidden char, IF Dixie was our new DK rep this time, she would have been revealed to promote TF, K. Rool doesn't promote any recent games, making sense to keep him hidden until the game's release

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
You know what I find bizarre, and this applies to three franchises in particular, DK, Kirby, and Star Fox, but we have seen little to nothing of anything new. We have, aside from Metaknight, Falco, and Wolf, everything from Brawl. Kirby's FS aside, there has been NOTHING. My question is why. Though granted, this could be about promotion and getting the new franchises out there first.. so maybe either they have nothing else, or whatever's in the wings would overshadow the new stuff and not really hype if they'd come out in the reverse order.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
You know what I find bizarre, and this applies to three franchises in particular, DK, Kirby, and Star Fox, but we have seen little to nothing of anything new. We have, aside from Metaknight, Falco, and Wolf, everything from Brawl. Kirby's FS aside, there has been NOTHING. My question is why. Though granted, this could be about promotion and getting the new franchises out there first.. so maybe either they have nothing else, or whatever's in the wings would overshadow the new stuff and not really hype if they'd come out in the reverse order.
It IS strange. And I hope that not only Brawl stuff comes back, but we get cool new stuff. And I feel DK in particular is getting the shaft this time around.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So you're saying you'd WANT to see K. Rool to show upo there and act like an out-of-character, violent *** instead of his usual badass, unstable, crazy self?

I can't be the only one on this earth who thinks Strikers is a perversion of all Mario and Co. stand for...
Now that you've mentioned it, I don't remember Daisy being so sexualized or Waluigi being a crotch-chopping freak. At LEAST I can imagine a pissed off DK since Donkey Kong Jungle Beat established that point of his character.

Speaking of Jungle Beat, I wonder how different things would be in K. Rool and Kremlings were to be involved in the game instead of the random animals (Kongs, Hogs, ect.).

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Now that you've mentioned it, I don't remember Daisy being so sexualized or Waluigi being a crotch-chopping freak. At LEAST I can imagine a pissed off DK since Donkey Kong Jungle Beat established that point of his character.

Speaking of Jungle Beat, I wonder how different things would be in K. Rool and Kremlings were to be involved in the game instead of the random animals (Kongs, Hogs, ect.).
People would think K Rool would have been a shoe in for Brawl as they thought jungle beat was the relevant game to represent in brawl. Also people would have enjoyed the game even more.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
You. Are. Awesome.

Yeah, that's when the Kremlings began getting shafted in the main games, I guess. (I don't consider KoS, JC, BB or MSS main games, they're spinoffs)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ha.
Pokemon Trainer is the gameplay merit of pokemon dude. You aren't Pikachu or Lucario in the in games.

Sorry, but it was terrible from a coding, balance, and gameplay perspective, which is why it's dead. The Pokémon Trainer took the time of roughly 5 newcomers because it made the programmers, aka the most important people, super busy for a super long time.

Plus, the character switching mechanic was boring, dumb, buggy (you know the loading screen=??? Depending on how long it took depended upon how long the transformation switch for transformation characters took) and hindered the uniqueness of the individual characters that were a part of it.

That's why we'll never see those abominations or the likes of say Diddy/Dixie again, and why good ideas like K. Rool will reign supreme.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Hey, I loved unsportsmanlike Waluigi. Fits his character perfectly. Wario attempting suicide because of a single goal never fails to make me laugh either.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
DKCR revived the francise, DKCTF brought back Funky and Dixie, and brought back the classic composer, perhaps DKCR3 will bring the triumphant return of K.Rool, Candy, Tiny, Chunky, and even 3D play(as in exploration), now that would be cool

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I noticed that too. And we get even less Mother and FZero stuff (except Goroh I suppose). But the fact that the only DK stage confirmed so far is an old one is really strange. I know some have speculated Gangplank Galleon and KRool to go along with it, which is totally possible. But it is still odd.

Oh and Strikers is awesome.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yeah I noticed that too. And we get even less Mother and FZero stuff (except Goroh I suppose). But the fact that the only DK stage confirmed so far is an old one is really strange. I know some have speculated Gangplank Galleon and KRool to go along with it, which is totally possible. But it is still odd.

Oh and Strikers is awesome.
Well, yes, we're still missing Jeff as an AT, otherwise Mother would be complete as well sans characters. It's really quite strange indeed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Jungle Beat + playable Diddy Kong + Kremlings would've been an amazing game.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I finished DKC1 earlier, that end boss battle is a real life guzzler lol.

I'm in the second world of DKC2 now.

D

Deleted member

Could someone explain why Chunky Kong would help K. Rool? Who even is Chunky Kong?(no, I didn't play DK 64)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Well Chunky was the one who took him out in DK64, and DK64 was the last main game K.Rool showed up in
True. But after the Kremlings appeared in Smash Run not much else has come close to that level of excitement. Besides that we haven't even gotten any visual evidence of Chunky as of yet.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pretty much the same position where he was before, barring the alleged Chunky Kong AT (and even then that doesn't involve him directly).
However...

Boxing Ring stage + lights falling down + Chunky Kong + Kremlings in Smash Run...

This seems no coincidence for me anymore!
Well Chunky was the one who took him out in DK64, and DK64 was the last main game K.Rool showed up in
Actually, that'd be DK Jungle Climbers, if you don't count Mario Sluggers.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sorry, double post. The site won't make me edit my last post but... Since I was talking DK Jungle Climber anyway, here's K.Rool's final battle in that game. (He actually surprisingly looks a lot like Kraid in it!! :laugh: )

I really want this game to be released on the 3DS' VC btw. Jungle Climber is SUCH an underrated game. To me, that game felt mostly as the DKC4 I always wanted. Very smooth, fluid, and fast gameplay to. Kremlings everywhere. Even old time enemies as Zingers, Neckies... All that good ****.

I'd advice anyone to pick it up if they can. Last K.Rool role as a major villain is something note worthy! As well as him talking quite a lot. Funny, that K.Rool's Jungle Climber render seems to be used for everything... But nobody has played the game itself it seems. :glare:

Best ****ing DS game ever, I tell you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry, double post. The site won't make me edit my last post but... Since I was talking DK Jungle Climber anyway, here's K.Rool's final battle in that game. (He actually surprisingly looks a lot like Kraid in it!! :laugh: )

I really want this game to be released on the 3DS' VC btw. Jungle Climber is SUCH an underrated game. To me, that game felt mostly as the DKC4 I always wanted. Very smooth, fluid, and fast gameplay to. Kremlings everywhere. Even old time enemies as Zingers, Neckies... All that good ****.

I'd advice anyone to pick it up if they can. Last K.Rool role as a major villain is something note worthy! As well as him talking quite a lot. Funny, that K.Rool's Jungle Climber render seems to be used for everything... But nobody has played the game itself it seems. :glare:

Best ****ing DS game ever, I tell you.
Can I say something?
Too big

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can I say something?
Too big
Final Smash: turn to the background, Kraid style in Brinstar Debts, Melee and attack the stage so people fall off.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

No, Ridley can't do it. Besides, he'd be a Dyna Blade clone. :smirk:

Top Bottom