• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Welshy91

Smash Ace
K.Rool, a known pirate, after his last defeat at the hands of DK decides to travel to find great treasures and weapons, attacks and destroys the home of the Snowmads, and tells them that he was under the command/driven out of his home by DK
.... If I go into your house and take your stuff and I say "some other dude made me do it/someone took my stuff so I'm taking yours" are you going to attack me or the person I'm blaming?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There is nothing I want more in Smash 4 than K. Rool. :) But I thought for a sec that you had info we didn't know lol
Here's the info we didn't know.
-The Johnknight1 is making a comeback.
-The Johnknight1 is more accurately making a one-off (maybe plus a few appearances) for special occasions.
*AHEM*
-The Johnknight1 is usually right.
-The Johnknight1 tells the Kremling Kutthroats that their Kunning Kaptain of Kruel Kong Konquering shall RISE AT LAST!!!

Now to answer your question...

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
.... If I go into your house and take your stuff and I say "some other dude made me do it/someone took my stuff so I'm taking yours" are you going to attack me or the person I'm blaming?
Well K.Rool is master of disguise, perhaps he put the DK logo on his ship and dressed up like the ape :p it was a thought, not fact, just a possible tangent, I don't nessecarily expect to happen, but we won't know until a DKCR3 happens if at all

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Multiple people have reported seeing him at this point, but no pictures or videos have actually surfaced, so we're not sure if he's real or not.
People I know and trust (including a relative of a smasher so famous, that his relative got his own Smash Bros. documentary episode; I first met this smasher a few years back, and I actually didn't know he was related to who he is related to, but they look a lot alike and are always around each other, lol!) told me they saw him at the San Jose smashfest I went to. They said they saw it in a match on Wednesday while I was in line for the Saturday demo showcase.

Random people in line backed them up, and said they saw it, too. It was very clear to me that they didn't know each other, and they weren't lying. Trust me guys, I have a great sense of when people are lying to me. These people weren't lying to me.

It's legit guys. Wait and see.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
If It Means Anything, Every Smash since Melee has given us at least 2 new villians:
Melee gave us Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo
Brawl Gave us Wolf, Wario, Meta Knight, and King Dedede (although they are all arguable)
the only notable villians left that we could get are Ridley, King K.Rool, Mewtwo again, and Hades

Hopefully we get them all! I doubt we'll get Hades, but the others have a really good shot this time!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If It Means Anything, Every Smash since Melee has given us at least 2 new villians:
Melee gave us Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo
Brawl Gave us Wolf, Wario, Meta Knight, and King Dedede (although they are all arguable)
the only notable villians left that we could get are Ridley, King K.Rool, Mewtwo again, and Medusa

Hopefully we get them all! I doubt we'll get Hades, but the others have a really good shot this time!
Fixed.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Well there could also be Zoda from star tropics, but ya, Ridley and K.rool are shoe-ins... well unless they do pig ganon

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well there could also be Zoda from star tropics, but ya, Ridley and K.rool are shoe-ins... well unless they do pig ganon
Startropics isn't likely to ever crop up again, and it isn't a major franchise in the least bit. We're talking about notable but absent Nintendo villains, very MAJOR contenders.

Of characters absent from Brawl, the only notable ones are King K. Rool, Ridley (yeah he was a boss but not playable), and Mewtwo. Of those Mewtwo is the only one to have been playable before. Yes Mewtwo counts as a villain, he's the only thing that really resembles a Pokemon villain and that was basically his role in Melee as well.

Hades isn't notable at all, and something as obscure as Startropics DEFINITELY isn't.

Nobody is asking for obscure villains in Smash. We're just asking for major Nintendo villains from signature Nintendo franchises to be represented. Hence, King K. Rool.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Hades so directly humiliates Medusa in Uprising it's not funny, and Uprising is the only game in the series that matters. Otherwise it'd be on par with any other random retro one off. Medusa's older. . .By one game.

I am gaining some confidence on Chunky Kong even without footage. It's just getting to become too many people.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'm kinda wondering something:

Aside from me, of course, (who's so biased he'd main him in a hearbeat even if he sucked), would anyone here actually MAIN K. Rool if he got in?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace

Aside from me, of course, (who's so biased he'd main him in a hearbeat even if he sucked), would anyone here actually MAIN K. Rool if he got in?
I play with characters I find fun and usable, so depends on moveset

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice

Arrr. The' better inquiry be which one o' ye landlubbers be abandonin' ship once our King sets sail fer SUPER SMASH BROS. 4?! It'll jus' get ye tossed o'erboard!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

It all depends on how he played, but if he's in I'd DEFINITELY play as him a lot, even if I didn't care for his moveset. I had a hard time playing Sonic, but I played him a lot just because I liked Sonic. Same for Ike, I didn't have the best time playing as him, but I still played him a lot because I liked him.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I would main K Rool no doubt. Im a fan of heavyweights, never hard main them because most to them tend to be lowish tiers and get countered easily (I did dominate many matches with Dedede in Brawl though).
This time I'm decided to go Bowser since he looks very good, or K Rool if he makes it in.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I actually don't think I would. His potential playstyle sounds like tons of fun, but I'm just flat out terrible with grounded and slow heavy weights like Donkey Kong, Bowser and Dedede, my playstyle fits a ton better with aerial characters, and I'm fairly certain K. Rool would be better staying grounded. Perhaps if he has a very strong projectile game I could play him pretty well, but I still don't think I'd be able to main him. I mostly support him for you guys and my brother's sake and because he deserves it more than almost anyone at this point, and he does sound like someone I'd have tons of fun playing from time to time even if I suck at playing him, much like Dedede. Plus, I feel like it'd give him a free ticket into his own series again, and that's also quite important.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

When I get the game I'm getting a DK Amiibo. Just so I can beat him up as K. Rool.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
What's with the Dixie hate? She's a major character in the franchise, and was the first non-Samus Nintendo female to get her own starring game.

K. Rool and Dixie should both be playable, they're both a-list Nintendo characters, they'd both have unique movesets and DK is well deserving of 4 reps.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still have hope that Dixie becomes a DLC character, and K.Rool gets on the roster regulary. I really hope both make it in as well, and have been a strict supporter of both since the beginning.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I still have hope that Dixie becomes a DLC character, and K.Rool gets on the roster regulary. I really hope both make it in as well, and have been a strict supporter of both since the beginning.
Or the other way around. But they should both be in!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

I probably would not, since I prefer to play with lightweight characters, but I would definitely play him "casually".

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Or the other way around. But they should both be in!
The other way around would be less satisfying I think. Am not sure how much of a 'role' the DLC characters are gonna have. Compare them for example to the characters who made it in the Subspace Emmisarry in Brawl, and those who didn't. I want my King K.Rool reveal trailer, and King K.Rool Amiibu toy.

Also, Dixie would perhaps make a better DLC character due to the fact she's easier to create. K.Rool would take a lot of time if he'd had to be made from scratch I'd think. And I doubt they'd would work on such a time-invested character as K.Rool past release if he'd easily take as much work as Palutena, Rosalina and Mii Fighters. Which is why I expect DLC characters to be mostly 'left-over' characters, with a lot of data already in anyway say the likes of, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Roy, Dr.Mario and Mewtwo if he doesn't make it innitially. Or characters that could be easily made semi-clones, as Dixie, Lucina, Impa, Black Shadow and others.

So yes, due to the bigger "impact" K.Rool would make than Dixie by being released earlier, I'd chose for him to be on the regular roster, and Dixie being DLC.
I probably would not, since I prefer to play with lightweight characters, but I would definitely play him "casually".
Everyone is like this almost :rolleyes: Even I am guilty of maining a lightweight : :4diddy:. But I have a lot of heavy secondary characters, one very noticable is of course: :4dk:. But also: :4myfriends::ganondorf:. So K.Rool I will definitely use. But by the rate all these light weight newcomers pop up... We might soon have to call even :4mario: a heavy weight...

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The other way around would be less satisfying I think. Am not sure how much of a 'role' the DLC characters are gonna have. Compare them for example to the characters who made it in the Subspace Emmisarry in Brawl, and those who didn't. I want my King K.Rool reveal trailer, and King K.Rool Amiibu toy.

Also, Dixie would perhaps make a better DLC character due to the fact she's easier to create. K.Rool would take a lot of time if he'd had to be made from scratch I'd think. And I doubt they'd would work on such a time-invested character as K.Rool past release if he'd easily take as much work as Palutena, Rosalina and Mii Fighters. Which is why I expect DLC characters to be mostly 'left-over' characters, with a lot of data already in anyway say the likes of, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Roy, Dr.Mario and Mewtwo if he doesn't make it innitially. Or characters that could be easily made semi-clones, as Dixie, Lucina, Impa, Black Shadow and others.

So yes, due to the bigger "impact" K.Rool would make than Dixie by being released earlier, I'd chose for him to be on the regular roster, and Dixie being DLC.

Everyone is like this almost :rolleyes: Even I am guilty of maining a lightweight : :4diddy:. But I have a lot of heavy secondary characters, one very noticable is of course: :4dk:. But also: :4myfriends::ganondorf:. So K.Rool I will definitely use. But by the rate all these light weight newcomers pop up... We might soon have to call even :4mario: a heavy weight...
I would imagine that DLC characters would have more attention paid to them if anything.

Reila

Really. I was under the impression that most players preferred heavy characters.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't really have "mains" per se. I just use who I feel like using, but I do have characters that I use more often because I like them (notably Wolf, Pokemon Trainer and Diddy Kong). K. Rool would be one of those characters for me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Really. I was under the impression that most players preferred heavy characters.
No, heavy characters where always the least popular. Outside of maybe Ganondorf in Melee, and Snake in Brawl- who shouldn't have been a heavy weight in the first place. DK and Bowser for example have never been too popular. Ike might be another popular Smash heavy weight, but I think this more has to do with how easy he is to use for casuals.

But no, generally the most popular characters have always been lightweights. Pikachu and Kirby in 64 for example. Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik in Melee. MetaKnight, Zero Suit Samus, Diddy, Olimar, Marth, Falco in Brawl.

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Gotta ask, but why does this thread title say "an enemy from k rool's past could appear at any second" when it should be "an enemy from donkey kong's past" ?

Reila

No, heavy characters where always the least popular. Outside of maybe Ganondorf in Melee, and Snake in Brawl- who shouldn't have been a heavy weight in the first place. DK and Bowser for example have never been too popular. Ike might be another popular Smash heavy weight, but I think this more has to do with how easy he is to use for casuals.

But no, generally the most popular characters have always been lightweights. Pikachu and Kirby in 64 for example. Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik in Melee. MetaKnight, Zero Suit Samus, Diddy, Olimar, Marth, Falco in Brawl.
Interesting. Funnily none of the lightweight characters I like are the most popular ones, except for Pikachu in 64.

Staarih

Smash Master
Haha, I got to say, I'm loving all the Chunky Kong stuff here! Hopefully Sakurai will find him soon and reveal him to us before he becomes just a legend.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Updating this list, but largely posting it due to SaltyBeach advocating for Dixie Kong.

• DK franchise is too big to not have another character, it honestly deserves another more than Metroid, especially with Japan taken into account.
  • K. Rool is the biggest character in the series after DK and Diddy by a mile, having important roles all the way into 2007 while Dixie only had cameos, spin-offs, and remakes for appearances for 17 years after DKC3 until Tropical Freeze.
KING K.ROOL TOO BIG FOR SMASH! EXPOSED!

just kidding. Don't Kill Me

Top Bottom