• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Someone needs to photoshop a Smash invitation letter onto the coconut he's holding during this song.

Come on Sakurai, give K. Rool the power so he can have his finest hour!

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I need to see if there's a forum or something that's compiling all the footage online taken from the Smash-fest events.
So I can analyze like it all like a cat on crack.

Think Sticks the Badger with less suck.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
If the Gematsu leak is true and we receive no new DKC character at all, Fire Emblem will have 3 Blue Haired lords, and will likely all be semi-clones of each other. I know that the reps per series argument doesn't mean anything, but that's not right. I like Fire Emblem, but DKC (and Metroid for that matter) should have a third character before Fire Emblem does.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If the Gematsu leak is true and we receive no new DKC character at all, Fire Emblem will have 3 Blue Haired lords, and will likely all be semi-clones of each other. I know that the reps per series argument doesn't mean anything, but that's not right. I like Fire Emblem, but DKC (and Metroid for that matter) should have a third character before Fire Emblem does.
The Gematsu leak is true, but remember that the leaker never mentioned Rosalina. While Fire Emblem having another blue haired lord as a rep is stupid, we shouldn't lose hope for new reps for DK and Metroid yet.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wouldn't be surprised if DKC ends up having both DK and Diddy again, at this rate. But the lack of any DK-related info so far makes me think that maybe we'll be getting something important later in the future.

maybekroolisabosshazard

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Don't even joke about that >:| I mean, if that's the case he'll have some representation at all, but... It's not being playable.
I'm sore enough about the possibility of Ridley being a glorified stage hazard anyway.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind. Would reintroduce him to this generation even without him being playable.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Honestly, I wouldn't mind. Would reintroduce him to this generation even without him being playable.
Except that if the Yellow Devil is anything to go by, bosses are just intrusive and annoying. I would hate for people unfamiliar to the DKC franchise to see K. Rool as just an annoying stage hazard.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Don't even joke about that >:| I mean, if that's the case he'll have some representation at all, but... It's not being playable.
I'm sore enough about the possibility of Ridley being a glorified stage hazard anyway.
I don't like the possibility too. But if K. Rool isn't playable, then Sakurai would still try to give him some important role to play as (given that we have Kremlings in Smash Run). Boss Hazards seem to be the go-to point for villains at this rate. :scared:

But enough pessimism. If K. Rool is in the game, I'd love to see him use the Super Leaf item, just to see him float somehow by swinging a raccoon tail.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Chrom would probably be a cross-clone of Marth and Ike, though. :p

Yeah, I've changed my mind about K. Rool potentially being a stage hazard. Playable all the way. Let Tiki Tong be a boss instead. :p
Just like how I want Queen Metroid to be a Metroid boss. :laugh:

But yeah, I really want to see K. Rool do a screen KO for this game.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If K. Rool is a boss hazard, then I could easily imagine him doing the "fake kredits roll" after someone deals the finishing blow on him. The 'kredits' would carry the other players to the top of the screen, KOing them, and would continue to do so at an increasingly fast rate for 7-8 seconds.

...Of course, that could also be his Final Smash as a playable character. :p

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
K. Rool (and Ridley) as bosses/hazards would make extremely salty about this game.

So Sakurai can give Punch Out fans the character they want, but he can't do the same to Donkey Kong and Metroid fans?

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I know Marth and Ike aren't clones. I believe that will we get another non-gematsu newcomer or two. Hopefully K. Rool will be one of those. Also, has anyone got footage of Chunky yet?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
K. Rool (and Ridley) as bosses/hazards would make extremely salty about this game.

So Sakurai can give Punch Out fans the character they want, but he can't do the same to Donkey Kong and Metroid fans?
Me too, Reila... I'd feel extremely betrayed

But someone on dA made a really good dream roster.

Attachments

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I would be very unhappy with Sakurai if he took Ridley and K. Rool, two of the most hyped villain characters, and made them half-baked glorified stage hazards. They both deserve their long overdue admissions to the roster.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would be very unhappy with Sakurai if he took Ridley and K. Rool, two of the most hyped villain characters, and made them half-baked glorified stage hazards. They both deserve their long overdue admissions to the roster.
Which is why I really do think that K. Rool is playable. It really does look to me like Ridley is playable at this point. But I'm cautiously optimistic and will continue to listen to the Kremling Kakophany until the king is announced. :D

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Which is why I really do think that K. Rool is playable. It really does look to me like Ridley is playable at this point. But I'm cautiously optimistic and will continue to listen to the Kremling Kakophany until the king is announced. :D
Yeah... that's the attitude I wish I had. But that Gematsu leak has me worried big time.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I was wondering, you think that boxing stage will have some alternate themes? obviously there's bound to be a punchout one but how about a "K. Rool Duel" or "Battle Arena" theme from DK64? I think that'd play out perfectly. A Gangplank Galleon Stage could have "Crocodile Cacophony"and "Jib Jig" as cool alternate stage themes too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey guys, I was wondering, you think that boxing stage will have some alternate themes? obviously there's bound to be a punchout one but how about a "K. Rool Duel" or "Battle Arena" theme from DK64? I think that'd play out perfectly. A Gangplank Galleon Stage could have "Crocodile Cacophony"and "Jib Jig" as cool alternate stage themes too.
It'd be really cool to have K. Rool themes in the stage, that's for sure. We could even have the text in the background change to "King Krusha K. Rool".

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'd rather the boxing stage keeps the Rocky-style Punch Out music than have something by Grant Kirkhope.

Personal taste. I can imagine a boxing match with Punch Out music, but not with DK64 music.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'd rather the boxing stage keeps the Rocky-style Punch Out music than have something by Grant Kirkhope.

Personal taste. I can imagine a boxing match with Punch Out music, but not with DK64 music.
that boxing stage is a regular smash bros. stage too you know, there's two versions of it, the one with the ssb logo could just have those for alternate themes while the punch out one could have punchout themes if that works.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
that boxing stage is a regular smash bros. stage too you know, there's two versions of it, the one with the ssb logo could just have those for alternate themes while the punch out one could have punchout themes if that works.
Oh I'm just saying that I'd rather it keeps true to the spirit of Boxing. I'd honestly be disappointed if we got something whimsical or fantastical, like DK64 music. This includes King DeDeDe's theme since you fight him in a boxing ring as well.

A DK stage? Sure. Just not a boxing stage. Already not a fan of the lights falling as well.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Oh I'm just saying that I'd rather it keeps true to the spirit of Boxing. I'd honestly be disappointed if we got something whimsical or fantastical, like DK64 music. This includes King DeDeDe's theme since you fight him in a boxing ring as well.

A DK stage? Sure. Just not a boxing stage. Already not a fan of the lights falling as well.
well, a boxing stage is a boxing stage and it has been used in dk and kirby game's so like it or not anything could happen with it. And I'm cool with the light's falling down.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think we'll at least get Masked Dedede on the Boxing Ring stage.

I'm pretty sure that Gangplank Galleon will be a stage if K. Rool makes it in, so we could save all the K. Rool tracks for there.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I think we'll at least get Masked Dedede on the Boxing Ring stage.

I'm pretty sure that Gangplank Galleon will be a stage if K. Rool makes it in, so we could save all the K. Rool tracks for there.
Wouldn't necessarily fit though if they had the boxing and baron k. roolenstein themes on there for that one.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Now I know that this information doesn't seem that relevant, but going through some old posts about some of the most wanted characters in japan from awhile ago I found a few things pretty interesting(again lots of this has been discussed, but I thought I would bring it up again seeing as the Gematsu leak seems to be legitimate).

First of all K. Rool seemed to be a some-what highly requested in japan overall. He was often high on lists next to lots of characters we know to be confirmed or very likely (Palutena, Shulk, Chrom). I feel if anything this is a comforting factor that Rool would be in the spotlight enough to be majorly considered.

Second of all, the most requested character in NA, Ridley, seems to have very little representation in Japan. Now I know that doesn't necessarily decrease Ridley's chances, but with Sakurai already representing the west almost specifically with Little Mac I feel as if though K. Rool's overall chances to make it may even be higher than Ridley's based on these ideas. Not to mention a 3rd DK newcomer is expected given the success of recent DK games, and I feel like lots of people would be surprised if one was not added. While when it comes to metroid, even though Ridley is highly requested in the west, not many people would be THAT surprised if metroid didn't get another rep.

Third of all, as many people have pointed out there has been no new DK stage shown yet. There is no specific reason to believe this is because of a future character reveal, but it at least bodes well for the King's chances.

So, if we take into account the leak, and have a realistic expectation of roster size(somewhere around 47-50), there is room for about 0-3 more newcomers depending on cuts. In my opinion(though it probably is very biased) I feel like K. Rool has the best chance out of any character in taking one of those slots(I also think mewtwo's chances are very high but I mainly am focused on newcomers).

Overall even though I know K. Rool has a good shot at being in the game no amount of theory crafting can prove he will be in. Even with positive signs like kremlings or possibly a chunky AT he still is far from guaranteed; but at least he has a good chance. These next couple of months are going to kill me as every essence of my being wants the king to make his return. If he isn't in the starting roster at least there is the possibility for DLC, but that would stretch the agony even longer since once again he isn't even guaranteed to be a DLC character.

These small hints and whispers keep my hope alive.

P.S : Dixie is actually a real threat to K. Rools chances, but I feel as if getting her would be a consolation prize that eventually I could learn to accept.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I don't think Dixie would be chosen over K. Rool. In Brawl, she was cut when Sakurai couldn't get her to work with Diddy in some team gimmick. And as we see in Smash 4, Diddy is again a complete solo character, so his original idea in Brawl still hasn't panned out, meaning Dixie would need to be a complete solo character (though whether he attempted it again or not is unknown as of now). Based on her solo merits, she's completely trumped by K. Rool in every way (popularity, moveset potential, added diversity to the cast). The only thing she has going for her over K. Rool is that she's female, but then, that isn't that unique when we have all the other new females added, while we still have yet to see any new villains nor heavyweights (as K. Rool obviously brings).

At this point, I think K. Rool will be in as a secret unlockable character, while Dixie again doesn't make it, though possibly later does through DLC.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think Dixie would be chosen over K. Rool. In Brawl, she was cut when Sakurai couldn't get her to work with Diddy in some team gimmick. And as we see in Smash 4, Diddy is again a complete solo character, so his original idea in Brawl still hasn't panned out, meaning Dixie would need to be a complete solo character (though whether he attempted it again or not is unknown as of now). Based on her solo merits, she's completely trumped by K. Rool in every way (popularity, moveset potential, added diversity to the cast). The only thing she has going for her over K. Rool is that she's female, but then, that isn't that unique when we have all the other new females added, while we still have yet to see any new villains nor heavyweights (as K. Rool obviously brings).

At this point, I think K. Rool will be in as a secret unlockable character, while Dixie again doesn't make it, though possibly later does through DLC.
Same, I'm thinking K. Rool will get in over Dixie at this point and Dixie will be DLC. That said I could imagine them both getting in... before the Gematsu leak, anyway. DK is big enough for four reps.

Top Bottom