• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
But if you can back out of the menu with B, how can you unselect the character.

And just for reference, here's the Brawl demo character select screen.

I don't see any reason for the locks unless they want to give away the amount of characters (and even what series is gonna get repped, like DK and Metroid), which I very much doubt considering how secretive this game is. Moreover, the choice of characters is weird. Why are Bowser and Mega Man locked?

It's a really good fake though.
Welp, thing is, rules and traditions are meant to be broken, so I don't see them doing a locked character deal that big a thing. After all, in Smash 64, Ness, Jiggs, Falcon and Luigi all had fuzzy spots, right?

Sure did. So the lack of locked character slots all being visible is hardly a tradition, so I'd say that the lack of a genuine cursor, like a hand, isn't that far fetched.

Having said that, it's also possible that once you've set down your token on the character select, the cursor appears.. which would ALSO explain why there's no cursor there, 'cause no characters are selected.

Anyway, it's anyone's guess. Fake or not, it's still neat to think about. Hoping it's not fake, though.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The difference is that the 64 select screen is the final game, the screenshots are supposedly based on the demo, which will be available in a time (E3) where we won't know all the characters in any official way.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The difference is that the 64 select screen is the final game, the screenshots are supposedly based on the demo, which will be available in a time (E3) where we won't know all the characters in any official way.
We can't really rule out the idea of Sakurai having done it on purpose. Like, 'Hey, these are your characters in the demo, but look at all the characters you CAN play once the game releases! That's FIFTY CHARACTERS!'. I mean, if he's doing it to build hype, it's clearly working. This discussion is across something like, six topics here now.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, we certainly won't have to wait too long to find out how legitimate this CSS is...just until the demo gets released. Not buying it just yet, but we'll see.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
How to make leaked images relevant to K. Rool.

Step 1: Add K. Rool to the "leaked" roster picture
Step 2 : Kill your parents
Step 3: ?????
Step 4: Profit

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
Have possible taunts been talked about much in this thread?

I swear to god I would laugh hard if one of his taunts was that dumb expression he gives you in DKC after throwing his crown, like in bellboy64 's sig

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Have possible taunts been talked about much in this thread?

I swear to god I would laugh hard if one of his taunts was that dumb expression he gives you in DKC after throwing his crown, like in bellboy64 's sig
If the Kredits aren't his final smash, then he needs to do that for a secret taunt.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
If the Kredits aren't his final smash, then he needs to do that for a secret taunt.
I feel one of his taunts has to be him pretending to faint and fall over like he does in DKC 1 and 2.

I swear if K.Rool was a pokemon, his first move would be Fake Out.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
Imagine this in HD, though. (@1:30)

Man that damn theme. I really hope they do a bit more of a hardcore version of it this time, the brawl version just didnt live up.

The Kredits would make a cool final smash, but I would be interested to see how they would make it work. Would it do heavy impact on the way up while K.Rool could run around and keep fighting?

His Krown throw better be his B. And actually wouldnt mind seeing his forward B as those little jumps he does during his second phase. Like you could keep pressing forward B's to jump along the stage. Running into someone would have knock back, but if you did it in the air and jumped on them you could jump off them, giving off a meteor smash and sending K.rool upwards.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Man that damn theme. I really hope they do a bit more of a hardcore version of it this time, the brawl version just didnt live up.

The Kredits would make a cool final smash, but I would be interested to see how they would make it work. Would it do heavy impact on the way up while K.Rool could run around and keep fighting?

His Krown throw better be his B. And actually wouldnt mind seeing his forward B as those little jumps he does during his second phase. Like you could keep pressing forward B's to jump along the stage. Running into someone would have knock back, but if you did it in the air and jumped on them you could jump off them, giving off a meteor smash and sending K.rool upwards.
I kould see his krown being his b or side b. Then maybe make his jump his dash attack?

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
I kould see his krown being his b or side b. Then maybe make his jump his dash attack?
Yeah, konsidering your probably right (the krown is an absolute must and I will be very kross with Sakurai if he doesn't inklude it) . I really hope they give him the golden belly as well. Seems more fitting in K.Rool's kase.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah, konsidering your probably right (the krown is an absolute must and I will be very kross with Sakurai if he doesn't inklude it) . I really hope they give him the golden belly as well. Seems more fitting in K.Rool's kase.
Petition to always speak like this when in this thread.

The Golden Belly would be perfekt. Thankfully, I kan't see Sakurai not going for that. It's so much more ikonik than his Paon design's belly.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice

The Golden Belly would be perfekt. Thankfully, I kan't see Sakurai not going for that. It's so much more ikonik than his Paon design's belly.
That kould get real konfusing.

I would hope so. They haven't used the golden belly sinke Rare left so I am a little worried. I guess I should be a little more konfident. God I hope the King komes bakk.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
That kould get real konfusing.

I would hope so. They haven't used the golden belly sinke Rare left so I am a little worried. I guess I should be a little more konfident. God I hope the King komes bakk.
I kertainly hope they go for a design like this:

It kompletely kaptures the essence of our King.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

Why don't we just replace every consonant with 'k?'

Okak, kakke kkak koukk ke a kikkke kokkukikk.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Or, I'm stealing this idea from a fake leak about Hades, but you could end a general Smash trailer with "Kredits," or even put up a sign that says "Koming Summer/Winter 2014" to screw with the audience...then have K. Rool fire his blunderbuss through the screen and shock the hell out of everyone.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Or, I'm stealing this idea from a fake leak about Hades, but you could end a general Smash trailer with "Kredits," or even put up a sign that says "Koming Summer/Winter 2014" to screw with the audience...then have K. Rool fire his blunderbuss through the screen and shock the hell out of everyone.
Wasn't that somebody's prediction for E3 2013, that instead of a third-party, Hades would begin to talk and THEN the Chalenger Approaching sign would flash?

K. Rool would be so better suited for that.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
K. Rool could totally have playing dead as his taunt, and whenever he does it on Gangplank Galleon the Kredits start rolling. Like the codec calls in Brawl.

TheRealLegit StevenSeagal

Smash Apprentice
I kertainly hope they go for a design like this:

It kompletely kaptures the essence of our King.
I'd love him to look like that, or as close to the Snes games design, but i think looking at the artstyle for this game and the fact that it is more cartoony/colorful i don't think he will. Probably would get something closer to what he looked like in Baseball sluggers, bit more goofy than intimidating.

I've at this point had about 6 dreams about K.rool being confirmed, and they all seemed so real :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I suppose if sakurai had been given any info on the setting themed DKC trilogy currently out; we have tropics, we have tundra.... and ultimately the big plan must be K rool in the end.
Well DKC2 did have more of a pirate theme so perhaps that if K. Rool returns.
Hey look at this.

(I did not make this.)
I don't think the game being made by Namco Bandai means much, but it is interesting you brought that one up. However, we should obviously pay attention to Kremlings in Smash Run.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
It would be pretty kool if whenever someone posts on this thread, the letter
"k" would be used for every "k" sound. It kould be a way to show support to our King K. Rool.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So, the new rule is that "C" is replaked with the letter "K"?

Sounds very kreative and konstruktive to me. Let the kommunity's support inkreasing kommence!

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Yes, bekome one with K. Rool.

And I'm imagining that golden belly in glorious HD. My hype for the King has inkreased.

So, the new rule is that "C" is replaked with the letter "K"?

Sounds very kreative and konstruktive to me. Let the kommunity's support inkreasing kommence!
Wow, I think I may have started something.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
You know, someone "leaked" a fake kharakter selekt skreen with 50 slots. It was supposed to be an E3 demo. I think they debunked it once Ridley was "shown" on one of them, but a lot of people spekulated K. Rool was one of those slots

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I don't believe that roster at the moment, but I honestly wouldn't mind if it was true. Everyone will find once we kan get our hands on the game at the demo.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You know, someone "leaked" a fake kharakter selekt skreen with 50 slots. I think they debunked it once Ridley was "shown" on one of them, but a lot of people spekulated K. Rool was one of those slots.
I'm konfident that that was a kommon fake. A well done fake, but a fake nonetheless. After all, the resourkes are all readily available to us. It would take some time, but it kould fairly easily be done.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
If it's real, it's quite a koincidence that DK's series has 2 slots after the flea-bitten ape himself, one being Diddy.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I'm konfident that that was a kommon fake. A well done fake, but a fake nonetheless. After all, the resourkes are all readily available to us. It would take some time, but it kould fairly easily be done.
Agreed. Maybe the leaker used the For Glory and For Fun skreen to kreate the leak.
And "k" is used for all "k" sounds.
Resources kan stay as resources.
Kooperate and kompetition are words that get K. Rool-ified.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I had a feeling it kould have been a fake. Seemed too good to be true... I just hope the real roster still isn't krap.

Top Bottom