• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hi! I've lurked here before but this is my first time posting. I usually hang around on Miiverse since I feel it is harder to be active on "real" forums. But I'm going to make an exception for this really awesome community. Hope these last few months are kind to us and the King. I wanted to contribute some of my own Miiverse pics supporting one of Nintendo's most memorable villains.

Nice to meet you all. :-)
Mother of GOD...these are superb.

We need more of this type of K. Rool fanart and less of...err, the other kind. You know which one.

*stares seductively while fondling Klump*

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
I found a picture of what K. Rool has been doing while waiting to be in another Donkey Kong game and be playable in Smash...
I use this gif as the introduction image for K. Rool's days on RTC. It's an absolute classic. I think it just really sums up K. Rool's goofy side, which is really impressive with just a few frames.

However, my absolute favorite K. Rool gif is probably the following one. It's absolutely priceless for reactions, and I find myself using it pretty often.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I use this gif as the introduction image for K. Rool's days on RTC. It's an absolute classic. I think it just really sums up K. Rool's goofy side, which is really impressive with just a few frames.

However, my absolute favorite K. Rool gif is probably the following one. It's absolutely priceless for reactions, and I find myself using it pretty often.
Who'd have thought the image that perfectly encapsulates the average user's reaction to the Donkey Kong Country cartoon would come from that very show?

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I'm happy things are looking for the king, if sakurai added the kremlings it means that he knows about the king k rool which one of the most requested newcomers worldwide and has a lot of moveset potential along with being the main antagonist of a popular franchise, I'm feeling confident that this time king k rool will be in

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'm happy things are looking for the king, if sakurai added the kremlings it means that he knows about the king k rool which one of the most requested newcomers worldwide and has a lot of moveset potential along with being the main antagonist of a popular franchise, I'm feeling confident that this time king k rool will be in
I'd say, honestly, that the inclusion of the Kremlings is the single strongest piece of evidence in favor of K. Rool's inclusion.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
You stole my bloody response.

To fit his 4Kids Kirby actor, I'm now picturing K. Rool wearing farmer overalls and plaid, carrying a pitchfork and sticking a piece of straw out of his mouth. Kousin Rool would be his new moniker.
Meant make this much earlier, buuuut...

Kousin.jpg

Better late than never!
I'll admit, I'm not very good at drawing, but this still just seemed like too much fun. And it was! Even if it does look like crap!
This was also my first time drawing K. Rool...and also plaid.
Sorry, I couldn't include the pitchfork. It would've required drawing Rool holding it; in which case I would've had to defile the King's hands...I can't draw hands for crap.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hi! I've lurked here before but this is my first time posting. I usually hang around on Miiverse since I feel it is harder to be active on "real" forums. But I'm going to make an exception for this really awesome community. Hope these last few months are kind to us and the King. I wanted to contribute some of my own Miiverse pics supporting one of Nintendo's most memorable villains.

Nice to meet you all. :-)
You draw really well. Those Miiverse drawing are great. Welcome aboard!

Laniv

Smash Champion
Hello! I feel like King K. Rool is the definite choice for a DK newcomer. Please add me to the support list.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, at least we're getting some representation of the DKC cartoon in the light of the smashing new hits "Donkey Kong Country - He Came, He Saw, He Kong-quered," "Donkey Kong Country - Raiders of the Lost Banana," and "Donkey Kong Country - Kong Fu."

Sakurai said:
He's white! Is this Yeti DK?
Hey, maybe the RELEVANCE of those DVDs is why we're seeing Kremlings in Smash Run!

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
It's because of issues with Jetpac being one of the games present within DK64. Unless they were to replace that with another game, I don't see it coming to the Virtual Console.

I'd certainly would like to see it happen though, loved that game when I was young.
But...I'm confused then. I knew about Jetpac but I reasoned that then why would the Rare twitter insist it's up to Nintendo when questioned about it's release? Rare may have made it but surely it's still Licensed by Nintendo.

The biggest and most likely culprit in my opinion is probably the game-breaking bug that they couldn't fix (and somehow the Expansion Pak fixed)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
To be fair, K. Rool never really had a shot of getting in Brawl. He wasn't going to get in over characters like Wario, Meta-Knight, King Dedede, Pit, etc and he was most certainly never was going to get in over Diddy Kong. Now that they're in, King K. Rool is among the biggest (non-casual) character not playable yet and as such, this is his first shot of getting in.
Oh please. Diddy should've been in Melee, Brawl was K. Rool's time. Pit was nothing special during Brawl's release, just another forgettable retro character, and the useless Starfox cast continuing to plague the roster was sickening. K. Rool would even be a valid substitute over Meta Knight or Dedede, the only reason anyone would consider otherwise is because of the irrational bias against him.

Hell, scratch that. Diddy should've been in SSB64. DKC was in the prime right then, and it'd make more sense than half the roster. Or, you know, K. Rool so that the game could have a villian. Yes, K. Rool, not Bowser. Compare their fights in the Snes games and it's obvious which one was doing more for his series.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
At this point I almost feel like K. Rool and Ridley should be a tag team...
Like King Boo and Petey Piranha in Double Dash! I'd be down.

I've considered the casual angle of K. Rool, and my response is twofold.

One, I don't think there's any artificial barrier between casual and hardcore fanbases with regard to character appeal. You have characters who are stigmatized as being 'loved by casuals,' such as the Mii, and "new characters = casual characters" seems to be a common misconception as well. However, it's not as though there aren't pockets of forum-goers who want those things in Smash anyhow. The inverse is true as well, in that you have casual fans of DKC who have never touched a message board, but who know about and enjoy K. Rool nonetheless.

Two, my perception is that the previous rosters have catered to the more hardcore players, with the consideration that, if they enjoy it, the casuals probably will as well. That could change, of course, but it's all we have to go off of at the moment.
I agree, and can add that, for a lot of people, cool characters are cool characters, whether you know who they are or not. Back when Brawl launched, I played with my girlfriend at the time, who could only name four characters in the entire game (Mario, Luigi, Pikachu and Sonic, for the record). She had a blast anyway, just picking characters who looked interesting. And a goofy looking Crocodile with a crown is interesting, to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Mother of GOD...these are superb.

We need more of this type of K. Rool fanart and less of...err, the other kind. You know which one.

*stares seductively while fondling Klump*
.....but I worked hard on this... :(
Yes, I know the dress isn't completely accurate but I was too far ahead to make decent alterations. Plus it's sexier this way.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
.....but I worked hard on this... :(
Yes, I know the dress isn't completely accurate but I was too far ahead to make decent alterations. Plus it's sexier this way.
I think we need a Kween K. Rool alternate costume.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig

Did his eyeballs just blink on their own? That's some wicked shenanigans there

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'd say, honestly, that the inclusion of the Kremlings is the single strongest piece of evidence in favor of K. Rool's inclusion.
Eh...

That's pushing it a little too far but it's certainly evidence for him appearing in the game. One other possibly good sign, however, is there's no sign of a tropical freeze enemy.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Eh...

That's pushing it a little too far but it's certainly evidence for him appearing in the game. One other possibly good sign, however, is there's no sign of a tropical freeze enemy.
I say it's the single strongest piece of evidence 'cause, honestly, there isn't any other evidence. It's the single strongest piece of evidence by default. XD

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I say it's the single strongest piece of evidence 'cause, honestly, there isn't any other evidence. It's the single strongest piece of evidence by default. XD
Well... that's one thing that's true. For a lot of these characters it's not really evidence and rather straw grasping and going by what we already know.

I'm just not sure if it's *that* strong yet. Now if it was like, Krusha as an Assist Trophy or something... (Daily reminder that how the heck didn't DK get an assist trophy)

D

Deleted member

Speaking of which, how this affect K. Rool's chances if a major Kremling enemy like Krusha got in as an Assist Trophy?

D

Deleted member

Speaking of which, how this affect K. Rool's chances if a major Kremling enemy like Krusha got in as an Assist Trophy?
I would likely consider him all-but-confirmed at that point. Why have a major member of the Kremling Krew be revealed as an Assist Trophy and not have their leader be playable?

D

Deleted member

I would likely consider him all-but-confirmed at that point. Why have a major member of the Kremling Krew be revealed as an Assist Trophy and not have their leader be playable?
Technically, he could still be a boss. There's still the RosalinaX leak to worry about... he's probably not getting in if that leak is true.

D

Deleted member

Pretty dang high. I wouldn't say shoe-in, but he'd HAVE to be in in some way. It was the same thing I thought when I saw Dark Samus.
I already do think that King K. Rool is going to receive an upgrade with his role. Now that the Kremlings are in Smash Run, I have a hard time not imagining King K. Rool in at least Assist Trophy role for this game; although I am expecting either boss or playable at this point (hopefully latter). Krusha as an Assist Trophy would only cement that.

D

Deleted member

Technically, he could still be a boss. There's still the RosalinaX leak to worry about... he's probably not getting in if that leak is true.
With the patterns in previous Smash games, I can see this game's roster have 4 times as much characters as 64's roster (like Melee's was double 64's and Brawl's was triple 64's).
Assuming if both the Sal Romano leak and RosalinaX rumor are true (which I'll give the former 40% chance of happening), then King K. Rool might be in trouble. I can honestly see us get 50 characters.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I already do think that King K. Rool is going to receive an upgrade with his role. Now that the Kremlings are in Smash Run, I have a hard time not imagining King K. Rool in at least Assist Trophy role for this game; although I am expecting either boss or playable at this point (hopefully latter). Krusha as an Assist Trophy would only cement that.
I'd be really shocked if DK gets the shaft again asides from Characters/Stages... speaking of which, am I the only one disappointed by the fact it tookt hat long for them to reveal a DK stage? And it's a stage that was used two times already?

D

Deleted member

With the patterns in previous Smash games, I can see this game's roster have 4 times as much characters as 64's roster (like Melee's was double 64's and Brawl's was triple 64's).
Assuming if both the Sal Romano leak and RosalinaX rumor are true (which I'll give the former 40% chance of happening), then King K. Rool might be in trouble. I can honestly see us get 50 characters.
Pattern logic is pretty bad to follow. Melee was more than twice Smash 64's roster and Brawl was more than three times Smash 64's roster. It'd be a coincidence if we got 48; it wouldn't be some "pattern" Sakurai is trying to follow.

Right now, I'm giving the RosalinaX leak 50/50 chance of being true (even if we do get inside drifting with nerfs). While the leak is worth following, inside drifting with nerfs in MK8 isn't exactly something hard to predict considering that there were criticism in Mario Kart Wii with overpowered inside drifting. It's not like Wii Fit Trainer, which no one saw coming. However, both RosalinaX and Sal Romano fit pretty well now, so that alone is reason to keep both in mind.

Should the RosalinaX leak be true, I do have a very optimistic (and unlikely) theory about what it could actually be. So K. Rool might still have a chance if RosalinaX is true, just not a large one like we used to think. However, if the leak is false, I'm thinking somewhere between forty-nine and fifty-three characters. Excluding K. Rool as playable from this game would also be strange considering that he has pretty much nothing going against him as a character (at least with Ridley you could argue Sakurai doesn't see him working for whatever **** reasoning he may have).
I'd be really shocked if DK gets the shaft again asides from Characters/Stages... speaking of which, am I the only one disappointed by the fact it tookt hat long for them to reveal a DK stage? And it's a stage that was used two times already?
With the massive resurgence that was DKCR, hopefully we'll see Donkey Kong receive a lot of content this game. Hopefully, Stickerbrush Symphony will actually get a good remix this time around. As for Assist Trophies, I'm expecting Rambo first and foremost, though I guess we could have two.

D

Deleted member

Right now, I'm giving the RosalinaX leak 50/50 chance of being true (even if we do get inside drifting with nerfs). While the leak is worth following, inside drifting with nerfs in MK8 isn't exactly something hard to predict considering that there were criticism in Mario Kart Wii with overpowered inside drifting. It's not like Wii Fit Trainer, which no one saw coming. However, both RosalinaX and Sal Romano fit pretty well now, so that alone is reason to keep both in mind.

Should the RosalinaX leak be true, I do have a very optimistic (and unlikely) theory about what it could actually be. So K. Rool might still have a chance if RosalinaX is true, just not a large one like we used to think. However, if the leak is false, I'm thinking somewhere between forty-nine and fifty-three characters. Excluding K. Rool as playable from this game would also be strange considering that he has pretty much nothing going against him as a character (at least with Ridley you could argue Sakurai doesn't see him working for whatever **** reasoning he may have).
I, too, consider the validity of that leak to be 50/50. I can see us get 48 and yet get more or less than 48. I dunno whatever leaks he said about MK8, but if any one of them are false, then the leak loses its validity. Inside-drifting is definitely something that would be easy to predict as I am expecting nerfs; I used nothing but the Mach Bike because of how good the inside drifting was.

King K. Rool would still have a chance if the leak is true, but he would have to compete against the likes of Mewtwo and Takamaru. Though, if the leak is false, I don't know if I will consider his chances higher or lower; it depends on what the actual roster amount is. If it's lower, King K. Rool might be in danger of competition. If it's higher, he would have much stronger chances and I would be confused if he wasn't on the roster. There isn't much going against King K. Rool, really.

D

Deleted member

I, too, consider the validity of that leak to be 50/50. I can see us get 48 and yet get more or less than 48. I dunno whatever leaks he said about MK8, but if any one of them are false, then the leak loses its validity. Inside-drifting is definitely something that would be easy to predict as I am expecting nerfs; I used nothing but the Mach Bike because of how good the inside drifting was.

King K. Rool would still have a chance if the leak is true, but he would have to compete against the likes of Mewtwo and Takamaru. Though, if the leak is false, I don't know if I will consider his chances higher or lower; it depends on what the actual roster amount is. If it's lower, King K. Rool might be in danger of competition. If it's higher, he would have much stronger chances and I would be confused if he wasn't on the roster. There isn't much going against King K. Rool, really.
Mach Bike was one of my favorites in MK Wii.

48-53 was always a good amount of characters for this game, so the RosalinaX is definitely realistic in that aspect. Still, its not like RosalinaX has anything that's hard to predict, so we shouldn't take it as fact until we see the final roster. FTR, RosalinaX said we have forty-eight characters and four cuts.

I will, however, say that if the RosalinaX is true, you probably shouldn't get your hopes up for K. Rool. Both Mewtwo and a retro character have been hinted at by Sakurai. Mewtwo will be the first after the leaked twelve followed by a retro charater. This leaves no room for K. Rool or any other potential character, unless a very optimistic scenario occurs that RosalinaX's tipper thinks there were thirty-five Brawl characters and that he did not see the roster itself.

D

Deleted member

Mach Bike was one of my favorites in MK Wii.

48-53 was always a good amount of characters for this game, so the RosalinaX is definitely realistic in that aspect. Still, its not like RosalinaX has anything that's hard to predict, so we shouldn't take it as fact until we see the final roster. FTR, RosalinaX said we have forty-eight characters and four cuts.

I will, however, say that if the RosalinaX is true, you probably shouldn't get your hopes up for K. Rool. Both Mewtwo and a retro character have been hinted at by Sakurai. Mewtwo will be the first after the leaked twelve followed by a retro charater. This leaves no room for K. Rool or any other potential character, unless a very optimistic scenario occurs that RosalinaX's tipper thinks there were thirty-five Brawl characters and that he did not see the roster itself.
Mine too.

48 characters and 4 cuts is very reasonable. I can see Sakurai cut characters like Squirtle and Ivysaur and maybe Snake if he doesn't put him in. I can't think of another character for him to cut... perhaps Ike? It's a pretty realistic scenario seeing as how we had 5 cuts in Brawl's roster.

If we combined combined Sal's leak and RosalinaX's leak, then we currently have 47 characters on the roster. If we take into account Mewtwo and a retro (perhaps Takamaru), then we have 49 characters. I can see King K. Rool be squeezed in for the 50th character. I would still have some doubts for the King, but I would still have some confidence in him.

D

Deleted member

Mine too.

48 characters and 4 cuts is very reasonable. I can see Sakurai cut characters like Squirtle and Ivysaur and maybe Snake if he doesn't put him in. I can't think of another character for him to cut... perhaps Ike? It's a pretty realistic scenario seeing as how we had 5 cuts in Brawl's roster.

If we combined combined Sal's leak and RosalinaX's leak, then we currently have 47 characters on the roster. If we take into account Mewtwo and a retro (perhaps Takamaru), then we have 49 characters. I can see King K. Rool be squeezed in for the 50th character. I would still have some doubts for the King, but I would still have some confidence in him.
To be honest, I was not expecting more than three cuts for this game. Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake makes a lot of sense (the former two due to technical problems and Snake due to third-party issues) and Sakurai does hate cuts even more than us. I had a hard time seeing other cuts primarily because they didn't run into the same issues Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake did. I'm guessing the last cut will be due to time constraints; which would be either Wolf, Ike, or Jigglypuff.

I don't think forty-eight characters being subjected to change means what most think. There's a common assumption that forty-eight characters being subjected to change means "less, same, or more than forty-eigth characters", but it probably really does mean we have forty-eight characters in this game; no more, no less. That leaves no room for K. Rool to get in.

Even if we do get DLC, it will probably be dedicated towards bringing back the cut Brawl veterans that we loss. Sakurai does hate cuts, so I doubt he's going to consider Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Wolf/Ike/Jigglypuff as characters he wouldn't want to bring back for this game and I can't see any outright replacements happening. It could be that Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Wolf/Ike/Jigglpuff are cut initially on the 3DS version and then everyone except Snake (who's gone for good) is brought back on the Wii U version from the start and then offered as free DLC on the 3DS version. It'd still be an universal roster and it would fit with the RosalinaX leak. Still no K. Rool as playable, though.

K. Rool could still be DLC if Sakurai wants to make entirely new DLCs for this game, but again, don't hold your breath.

Top Bottom