• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I posted this theory somewhere else, but "48 character, 4 cuts (could change)" doesn't necessarily screw K. Rool if he's part of the 48, and the "could change" part is in reference to low priority veterans who could either add to the character count or the number of cuts, depending on how things shake out. Of course, it's just one theory out of many, and ideally, RosalinaX will still be shot down before long.

D

Deleted member

I posted this theory somewhere else, but "48 character, 4 cuts (could change)" doesn't necessarily screw K. Rool if he's part of the 48, and the "could change" part is in reference to low priority veterans who could either add to the character count or the number of cuts, depending on how things shake out. Of course, it's just one theory out of many, and ideally, RosalinaX will still be shot down before long.
Actually, it's forty-eight characters (subjected to change) and four cuts, not vice versa.

That being said, the RosalinaX leak being true, doesn't necessarily mean he's out, but it does significantly hurt his chance of getting in. However, two things bothers me about the leak.

One is that we don't know what exactly RosalinaX meant by forty-eight characters and four cuts. Obviously, that is the most likely scenario, but this could mean anything. It could be what you said, it could even lower than that, or it could be a very optimistic scenario where RosalinaX's tipper thinks in slots for Brawl and thinks that forty-eight characters is thirteen more character than Brawl and that we actually have five cuts to deal with (meaning we'd actually get fifty-two characters). There's no true way to verify what the exact scenario is for this game if the RosalinaX leak is true by speculation alone.

Another thing is that if we take it how it most likely is; forty-eight characters and four cuts, that wouldn't take into account that both Mewtwo and a revived retro characters have been hinted at being playable and I have a very hard time seeing either being excluded from this game because of that reason. In a way, having the Sal Romano characters + Mewtwo and a retro characters (both of which have been hinted at) would contradict the RosalinaX leak. If Mewtwo and a revived retro character do show up, it would either mean that the leak is inaccurate (not necessarily a made-up fake) or that RosalinaX meant something entirely different with the part about "forty-eight characters (subjected to change) and four cuts".

There's two opportunities for the RosalinaX leak to be shot down before release:
1. If we see inside drifting return without nerfs.
2. If Sal Romano leaks again and it doesn't match up with the RosalinaX leak.

I'm putting a lot more stock into the Sal Romano leak than the RosalianX leak, so if the Sal Romano leak said something that contradicts the RosalinaX leak, I'm going to believe what Sal Romano's tipper obtained.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Why are we believing this RosalinaX weirdo?

No, saying it's "believable" isn't an excuse.
I don't. Considering that he said that the 48 roster may change yet said nothing of the same for the "4 cuts" claim is more than enough for me to dismiss that supposed leak.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
So what's the K in K. Rool stand for?
Kremlin?
King?
Is he King King Rool?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
There's two opportunities for the RosalinaX leak to be shot down before release:
1. If we see inside drifting return without nerfs.
2. If Sal Romano leaks again and it doesn't match up with the RosalinaX leak.
Does being able to get orange drift sparks like karts count as a nerf? :p
I mean, we got a pretty good look at drifting in the Mario Kart 8 Direct. Not only that, but we've gotten a ton of gameplay on top of it.

This video in particular gives us a good look at inside drifting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkslNWnOQ84

I suppose I'm not actually playing, but it looks pretty much the same. Except for the above, which is not a nerf in any sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What even is the RosalinaX Leak?

I'm serious BTW. I have no idea what this is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So what's the K in K. Rool stand for?
Kremlin?
King?
Is he King King Rool?
In DK64's end battle, the announcer says it stands for 'Krusha'. Which is also the name of one of the strongest enemies in DKC1 for SNES.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Actually, it's forty-eight characters (subjected to change) and four cuts, not vice versa.
Oops, yeah, I put the 'change' part in the wrong place, which can distort the meaning pretty drastically.

Short and sweet, the leak isn't necessarily believable, people just want to get to the bottom of it so no leak, real or false, stands between them and more characters beyond what's on Sal's lists.

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
King Kroc Rool, He changed the Kroc to a K because the Kroc part of his name wouldn't be intimidating :troll:

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
The "K." in "King K. Rool" obviously stands for "Kuh."
Why do you think they call him that in the abomination cartoon? :troll:

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Klarence? Khristopher? Krazy? The possibilities are endless.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Sooooo, does anyone think Sakurai will do a pic of the day showing the Kremlings soon? I'm really grasping straws for whatever details would come from them......K. Rool related details........subtlety!

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Why are we believing this RosalinaX weirdo?

No, saying it's "believable" isn't an excuse.
A lot of people that are clinging to the RosalinaX 'leak' are the people wholly unsatisfied with the Gematsu leak, which is pretty much the most prevalent leak at the moment. I honestly don't believe any leaks, since I think it's far too early for leaking, but the thing that bothers me about the Gematsu leak is that it shares a common trait among Smash leaks. Melee/Brawl's leaks share one thing with the Gematsu leak: they're disappointing. That bothers me to no end, since the disappointing leaks have been two for two on accuracy.

On Topic: I love K. Rool. :3

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The bright side is that the Gematsu leak doesn't claim in any way to be the final roster, and once again never included Rosalina.

I also take into account that if this information was true, it was probably learned (all of it) early in development. I don't think it hurts the King's chances one way or another, and the only one who can truly know is Sakurai.

As for RosalinaX, they were already wrong about a very specific Mario Kart prediction, so unless like with X&Y alot of their information turns up true, I don't feel the need to count anything they say as the truth.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Guys...guys, you guys.!!

Today's pic of the day is totally a DK64 K. Rool reference, K. Rool incoming, nintendo direct this week or next. Our day is upon us.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wouldn't actually be surprised if it was a reference to that. It certainly doesn't happen in Punch-Out!!, and DK is obviously not getting a boxing ring stage.

Sakurai also loves classic DKC. And also note: he could have easily chosen the Snowmads as Smash Run enemies ripped straight from the game to cmplement the Tikis. Who did he choose instead?

Please please please...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Guys...guys, you guys.!!

Today's pic of the day is totally a DK64 K. Rool reference, K. Rool incoming, nintendo direct this week or next. Our day is upon us.
To be honest, ever since I saw the stage, I really wanted to do a DK64 final battle on it... And yes, it really does seem to be a reference to Diddy's part of the battle! :4diddy:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Nobody stands in the way of our king anymore, these are simple steps
1. If Sakurai knows about the kremlings then he knows about King K rool
2. If he knows about King K rool that means he knows he is heavily requested and has a lot of moveset potential
3. Considering that Sakurai is listening more to fans this time (very doubtful Little Mac would have been playable if he wasn't requested) and is searching for unique characters then the king is the perfect option, no way a monkey with hair is beating him

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
As much as it would be neat to say it was a reference to that boss fight, it seems like it's just a logical stage hazard to have in a boxing ring stage.

Doesn't hurt his chances either way though, right?

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't say it affects him unless it's an extremely obvious reference, which it isn't. As you said, it may not be a reference at all.

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking of movesets for King K. Rool. Have there been any good PSA work on him? How close is it to an actual possible moveset?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
PSAs? Only ones I've seen are terrible. The model looks alright, UNTILL he starts to swing his 'hammer' aka blunderbuss around and fly like King Dedede does.... :rolleyes:

I mean, look at it:

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
PSAs? Only ones I've seen are terrible. The model looks alright, UNTILL he starts to swing his 'hammer' aka blunderbuss around and fly like King Dedede does.... :rolleyes:
Yeah I wish someone would make a PSA for him like they did for Ridley.

Why can't someone put that kind of effort into a King K. Rool PSA????

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well Dedede is probably a poor base for what K Rool would actually do at the same time, if you were going to do a texture hack of K Rool I don't know if any Brawl character would give you a good result.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Project M might do it, but they'll have to be pushed to do so. It's more likely they'll go for Dixie however, as Dixie is easier to make as a clone of Diddy. And they are pushing for more clone characters because of time development.

King Dedede would be the best character to base K.Rool on however! I mean, the Blunderbuss could be used as Neutral B for it's vaccuum ability. Side B, while not throwing Waddle Dees, could be the crown toss or a shot from the Blunderbuss. Up B is kinda like how K.Rool jumps in DKC1. Down B would have to be changed into something drastically different however.

Think that Smash 4's Bowser would be the best character to base K.Rool off from.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Dillon the character I had the most interest in confirmed for AT + Pic of the day reminded me of Donkey Kong 64's Final Battle + being a fan of the N64 Rareware era = I think I'm making now King K. Rool my top wanted newcomer.

And he might not even have the best possibilites in making it in. I could just go with one of the characters on the Sal leak... But, where is the fun in that?.

Top Bottom